Author Topic: Gensokyo Worker's Facepalm Mafia - Topic 2, Game Over, Man, Game Over  (Read 73495 times)

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Day 6
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2009, 02:08:49 AM »
@Alice: i remember if no majority is reached there will be an extension or the person that has most votes before hand will get killed, that means me i believe... I want to avoid that.

Few contradictions with your case.  You say that I target many people but randomly, and yet you also say that I'm tunnelvisioning.  Right.

That's... not tunnelvisioning.   shows me attacking two people for actions I disapprove of.  What of it?  And of course, I didn't merely stick to them the entire game, I considered other cases, obviously, so no, horrible misrepresentation.
Yea.... I guess that is misrep, i think tunnel vision is not the right word.
I find you disturbing due to the fact that you seemed to appear from nowhere, drop a post and disappeared. In some occasions, you were like what you claim me to be, piggy-riding and not adding into the discussion except for a vote.

Case in Point:
This post sums up everything about Nietz and as to how he's worthy of a vote.  Firstly, yes, he didn't call out pesco for the same reasons he called out S.P and such, even though they really did almost nothing different.  It smacks of selective scumhunting, which is, well, almost always fake.  Secondly,

"His lack of useful content can be either a scumtell or just that he's more interest in having fun than playing seriously."

is seriously, as Alice has pointed out, very lame.  Lack of useful content, or at the very least, lack of an effort to post useful content, should always be considered as a scumtell no matter the circumstances.  Also, look through any of his posts for reasons as to why people should not be voting him and one would find none.  Basically, his recognition of pesco's bad points, e.g waffling, and his failure to cite any really good reasons to not vote him despite of that seems to be a telltale here.

I don't know about this post, it's more of using someone's case and applying your own, i wonder if it can be considered piggy-riding thou.
and that was your only post on the Nietz Issue, and it was the vote that put him to L-1.

But like Alice said, that was a free day so yea, I have many conflicting views everywhere...

But he did so in place of scumhunting.  When one replaces and rereads, what people expect him to do is to find out who is scum and why, and he didn't do that.  Instead, he tries to explain donut's actions, and spends time at length doing so even though there is absolutely no value in that action.  Of course, I acknoledge that it is not scummy in itself, but rather, Zakeri didn't contribute enough and that was the reason for my vote.
I understand your concern, what i feel was more of a concern was you latching on to ZakNut for doing that and forcing him to defend himself.

Zakeri's post is equivalent to what a BBC newscaster would make; little and very weak analysis (even on other people), reporting lots of stuff but not using them or even analysing them, making vague allusions to things without explaining, e.g despite all of this I think Affinity is still town.  Doesn't do much to soothe my suspicions.  Also, why am I scummy for pressing on your lynch?  Don't you agree that you and donut have been somewhat scummy this game?  If you don't, why aren't you answering to my accusations.

your post is very aggressive, forcing ZakNut to be on the defensive on his previous actions.
I know this is LYLO so you are not pushing me as hard, what strikes me is that what you press ZakNut for is the exact same things you are giving me slack for, not that I am not appreciative but you press a few people strongly while giving others a little slack.

It feels that you are pushing ZakNut towards that direction rather than allowing him to put more into his defense on his actions rather than scum-hunting.

This was addressed by umu:
Still, you seem to be trying to make the point that we had no reason to suspect Kanako's behaviour at the time because he was obvcop. I don't get where you're coming from here.

In short i feel that it is a scum-tell, even if you might accuse me of piggy-riding on a case but that is my general feel of it.
ZakNut being desperate in the end was an indirect consequence of such actions.

I have given reasons for all my votes, and to use the verb 'randombly' is really offsetting and untrue.  Tell me how it is 'random'

Hard to put it without further proof, I'll get on it if i can after this class.
But i reckon what I meant was that randomness being targeting people for cases that have not been touched on with somewhat weak reasoning on why and picking on their replies.

need a re-read so don't bother replying till i get back i guess.

You have not even done the slightest evaluation of that post and the content it holds.  I do not see what is wrong in attacking two people I find scummy, and the reasons are valid.  Therefore, I do not see the slightest bit of justification in your points against me; your failure to come up with a coherent case is bothersome.  The only point of any weight in your discussion is the voting to L-1 of pesco and Nietz, but that's merely copied from Alice and u-mu.

This is Affinity 110 I suppose.
SodiumPeroxide's self-pity (e.g "I shouldn't be the one talking") is horrible and reallyg rating; trying to get a free pass out of criticizing someone else for what you are already doing by stating it yourself.  Also, appealing only to donut and Kanako to speak up when there are already other people who hasn't spoken yet (e.g me), makes me feel as if you have nothing to say.

Kanako is also horrible for not being proactive at all and relying on other people to ask him to look for things.  Also, lol at the "UK's voting mishap thing is the best thing we have so far" and him not even bothering to pursue it.

##Vote: Kanako

and the same point earlier applies on it, you seem to be nitpicking a little at their points, especially S.P, did you give a free pass on someone later on that?
Feels odd. but i could be wrong, i need a reread on that..

Again, willing to vote Affinity

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2009, 02:36:02 AM »
I find you disturbing due to the fact that you seemed to appear from nowhere, drop a post and disappeared. In some occasions, you were like what you claim me to be, piggy-riding and not adding into the discussion except for a vote.

Nietz was already caught by Serp as scum, and I don't see why recycling the points Alice made is bad; there are only so many points you can make about him, after all.  This is balanced out by what I said against donut, Zak, and other people.  What I'm saying is that your piggybacking is relevant; e.g you quoted my case on Alice to support your case even though you thought he was town.

I understand your concern, what i feel was more of a concern was you latching on to ZakNut for doing that and forcing him to defend himself.

No one cares about forcing anyone to defend himself; if you think that person is scum you might as well attack him and make a judgment from his response.  There's no harm in doing so, and I don't see why you find it scummy.  After all, you are being outright hypocritical by forcing me to defend myself too.

I know this is LYLO so you are not pushing me as hard, what strikes me is that what you press ZakNut for is the exact same things you are giving me slack for, not that I am not appreciative but you press a few people strongly while giving others a little slack.

No.  I certainly find my read of you to be a horrible garbled mess; I see your effort to scumhunt and such but you have not formed anything coherent against anyone as of late (in fact, this post seems to be the most coherent one you have made in the whole of the game), and there is really no use in asking an incoherent person questions about their actions because all you get are incoherent replies.  You voted yourself after all and I think you broke more rules in the book of Mafia Basics than anyone else I have seen.  And there's no need to be appreciative, I'm still in the process of deciding whether to switch my vote to you.  Everything else you have done is scummy as of late, and I don't see how questioning you on them any further is going to help.

In short, you're scummy beyond any forseeable explanation, and there's no need to question you on that.

But i reckon what I meant was that randomness being targeting people for cases that have not been touched on with somewhat weak reasoning on why and picking on their replies.

This sentence doesn't make sense.  Explain.  Also, I don't see how my reasoning is weak at all.

And lol at you rereading the own rereads you just made.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2009, 03:21:14 AM »
WARNING! WARNING!

There are less than 24 hours left in the day.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #393 on: May 11, 2009, 03:38:18 AM »
Getting this out since I promised it.

---

A high-pitched sing-song call chilled the blood of one of the remaining union member.

"Oh, Youmu-chaaaaaaaan! Where aaaaaaare yooooooou?"

Youmu's face went whiter than her ghost half. She turned for the door.

"ShitshitshitsorryguysIgottagetoutofherebeforeshe-"

The half-ghost half-made it out the door before running face-first into a big squishy blue-pink thing.

"Aha, there you are! Come with me, Youmu, we have much dinner to discuss. I've discovered that Wendy's now sells cat meat, and it sounds delicious! I'm sure you can prepare something fantastic with some."

Yuyuko hugged Youmu tightly, suffocating her servant in her chest and twirling back out the door. Youmu was silent, having no air with which to make a sound of fear, complaint or anything else. A quick glance revealed her face turning as blue as the kimono it was stuffed into.

Two seconds after the ghosts disappeared from view, Yuyuko's voice floated back into the room.

"Oh, by the way, Nagae-san? A dragon was looking for you earlier. Whatever he wanted sounded serious. Ciao~"

Iku's face sank at the news. Tenshi probably needed her ass wiped again. Very slowly, she followed Yuyuko out the main door to meet her fate.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #394 on: May 11, 2009, 04:10:12 AM »
And... flagrant annoyance isn't necessarily scummy, I would argue, but skirting under the radar might be... the voting reasons can apply to Nietz as much as pesco.
This goes back to the statement I made earlier about the difference between someone who posts at least some useful information along with a crapton of garbage, versus someone who posts almost nothing. Personally, I feel that the former is scummier than the latter.

Quote from: Affinity
But in a LyLo with only three other people, I would argue that it is logical to presuppose everyone as scum, and view their actions in that light, while at the same time, considering the townie case for them and refraining from any WIFOMs.
Except you seem to be lacking at doing the latter part, and this is what worries me.

Quote from: wrathie
Again, willing to vote Affinity
So vote. You have not held to a solid stance on anyone since D2, there are less than 24 hours left in the game, I want to see you commit to an opinion.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2009, 05:21:11 AM »
So be it.
RL is screwing up big time on me again but i'll try not to let it influence me for this post.

##Vote Affinity
It's a last gambit, i want this day to end... and if it's the wrong kill, go after me for it.
Mostly gut but i think i got  sorta a case

Nietz was already caught by Serp as scum, and I don't see why recycling the points Alice made is bad; there are only so many points you can make about him, after all.  This is balanced out by what I said against donut, Zak, and other people.  What I'm saying is that your piggybacking is relevant; e.g you quoted my case on Alice to support your case even though you thought he was town.
I am confused by this, I agree that you targeted Zak, Donut and etc.
but then you add on that my piggybacking is relevant...

So is it or is it not relevant or is your case based solely on me using only the points i lifted on others to quote as evidence.

erm... so what is the problem on quoting your case on Alice to support your actions? A bit confused on this last part unless you meant I am borrowing from Alice's line of thought of you Voting Nietz and pesco to L-1 before they hammered.
If that is the case i view Alice's action as more town-based then you and anyway scum's actions have to support townie actions or they'll be caught, not everyone is that obvscum to have all his actions be scummier.

I am however, a prime candidate of that...

No one cares about forcing anyone to defend himself; if you think that person is scum you might as well attack him and make a judgment from his response.  There's no harm in doing so, and I don't see why you find it scummy.  After all, you are being outright hypocritical by forcing me to defend myself too.

I understand that, my issue is the way you kept latching onto the analysis and forcing ZakNut to focus solely on his defense on that action.
Proof on my earlier post, you're not answering the question at all.
I remember an earlier game i played where someone influenced the game till the end with his aggressive words but got caught in the end, was it you? I forgot who that was but yea, it feels the same way.
You are misdirecting the crowd to the wrong actions and the wrong points.

No.  I certainly find my read of you to be a horrible garbled mess; I see your effort to scumhunt and such but you have not formed anything coherent against anyone as of late (in fact, this post seems to be the most coherent one you have made in the whole of the game), and there is really no use in asking an incoherent person questions about their actions because all you get are incoherent replies.  You voted yourself after all and I think you broke more rules in the book of Mafia Basics than anyone else I have seen.  And there's no need to be appreciative, I'm still in the process of deciding whether to switch my vote to you.  Everything else you have done is scummy as of late, and I don't see how questioning you on them any further is going to help.
In short, you're scummy beyond any forseeable explanation, and there's no need to question you on that.

It's your opinion whether I am scummy or not, if you think I'm scummy, say it out loud again and vote for it. This is Mafia.
and no, in Mafia you ask questions, the least i would do is to reply them, even if it is incoherent you can still ask again. Not asking is a free pass, which i dislike, I can't defend what i can't  but issues that I can defend, I will defend. simple as that.

This sentence doesn't make sense.  Explain.  Also, I don't see how my reasoning is weak at all.

And lol at you rereading the own rereads you just made.

Yea, that sentence was cnfusing, I wrote that in class... so yea.
Your reasoning was not weak... I don't know on that, I feel it's more of questionable questioning, asking questions that need justification at the wrong time, I'd find more evidence on it but it's school time now.

In short like what i said earlier, picking on issues that are not being touched on, ignoring some of the points that has already being pointed out and trying to direct attention to above mentioned issues.

Oh yea, did I mention that you seem to give attack only those points that you are interested in while the rest comes from other people's reasoning.
Perhaps that was what i meant by selective tunnel-visioning.

will be back in 5-6 hrs.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2009, 05:24:44 AM »
Finally.

##Vote: Affinity

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2009, 05:25:51 AM »
This goes back to the statement I made earlier about the difference between someone who posts at least some useful information along with a crapton of garbage, versus someone who posts almost nothing. Personally, I feel that the former is scummier than the latter.
I remember you worrying about Affinity for skirting under the radar as well, Alice. But i fear I might have misread what you meant.

You feel someone who post useful information with crapton of garbage scummier right?

Except you seem to be lacking at doing the latter part, and this is what worries me.

All of us are the same, I believe... shortlisting who is townie and who is likely scum, with knowledge of our own actions.
Scum is having an easier job, so that can warrant Affinity going everywhere and anywhere.

So vote. You have not held to a solid stance on anyone since D2, there are less than 24 hours left in the game, I want to see you commit to an opinion.
I did.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2009, 05:26:16 AM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2009, 05:53:17 AM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Vote Count

wrathie (0): wrathie
Affinity (3): Youmu, wrathie, Alice Margatroid
Youmu (0): Affinity
Alice (1): Affinity

---

Sakuya whirled on Utsuho. "It's you. It has to be you. You're not really even a servant, you're just a pet."

"Wrong."

Sakuya froze at the sound of her mistress's voice. She turned slowly to look at the main entrance to the hall, and there stood Remilia, a blank expression on her face.

"The hell raven is innocent. You have guessed incorrectly for the last time, Sakuya. I hereby order you to return to the mansion with me at once."

Sakuya took one last confused look back at Utsuho - and almost jumped in shock. Komachi (who had been asleep in a chair the whole time) had vanished, and Satori Komeiji had appeared out of nowhere, talking to her pet.

"I hope you had fun today, Okuu, but it's time to go home now. We will have to rescue Orin on our way back. Would you like to just me?"

"Yes, Satori-sama!" Utsuho jumped up and down excitedly and faithfully followed her master out the door, waving her goodbyes.

"Later, maid! I'm off to get Orin back!"

Sakuya watched them leave, before she became aware of Remilia tapping her foot on the floor. She stood silent for a few moments.

"...Yes, Mistress."

Remilia turned around to leave. Sakuya followed behind her, a single tear splashing down to the floor behind Remilia's back.

Silence reigned in the hall as the union's sole remaining member stood there, processing all that had happened that night.

A smile cracked Reisen's face, followed by a chuckle that ballooned into full-blown maniacal laughter.

"I'm the only one left! It's just me! I am the union! I have the power negotiate sick leave and vacation time and reasonable working hours! Me! I am no longer only good for my sex appeal! I am now the most powerful being in all of Gensokyo!"

The laughter subsided, leaving an evil smirk on Reisen's face as silence reigned once more.

The smirk then disappeared.

"Oh, who am I kidding?"

Shoulders slumped, eyes glued to the floor, Reisen exited the hall, closing the door behind her on the most precious dream she ever held.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The Prismrivers play somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere women are laughing, and human children shout;
But there is no joy in Gensokyo...mighty Reisen has struck out.

-----

Affinity, playing Utsuho Reiuzi (Vanilla, TOWN-ALIGNED) was lynched!

wrathie, playing Sakuya Izayoi, and Youmu, playing Reisen Udongein Inaba (Vanillas, TOWN-ALIGNED) have lost by attrition!

Alice Margatroid, playing Komachi Onozuka, but really playing Satori Komeiji (Roleblocker, MAFIA-ALIGNED) has won the game! Congratulations!

Night actions and brief postgame thoughts forthcoming.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Game Over, Man, Game Over
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2009, 05:54:52 AM »
About goddamn time.

Edit: Game title adjusted to appropriate standards.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:59:33 AM by Edible »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2009, 05:56:06 AM »
Nice poem.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #402 on: May 11, 2009, 06:00:35 AM »
Oh gosh, that took a very long time, but I'm glad it ended.  I never do want to argue with wrathie again.

Learnt a lot from this game, I guess, about scum self-hammering and such.  I think the way I jumped onto Nietz and pesco were fatal mistakes for town.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #403 on: May 11, 2009, 06:04:20 AM »
Scum were one step ahead of town the entire game, and there's no better way to see this than to look at the list of Night actions.

Night 1

Scum kill: Alice Margatroid (from Nietz)
Scum frame: Alice Margatroid (Success)
Scum roleblock: Nietz (Success)

Bug Cop action: Investigate Alice Margatroid (result: Town)
Scout action: Watch Kanako Yasaka (Nothing)

pesco (of course) produces a major gambit wherein he correctly predicts Alice getting copped and frames Alice so the cop gets the wrong alignment returned. Alice then roleblocks Nietz, shutting off the otherwise-forced NK to produce the illusion of a successful doc shot. (Note that Alice being the GF, which he would have been in my original setup, would have produced the exact same situation.) The town return and apparent successful doccing all but clear Alice, allowing him to slip all the way to the end of the game.

Night 2

Scum kill: Kiro from Nietz
Scum roleblock: No one

Cop action: Investigate Nietz (Result: Scum)
Scout action: Track Youmu (Nothing)

Night 3

Scum kill: Serpentarius

Cop action: wrathie (Result: Town) (Killed!)
Scout action: Track Affinity (Nothing)

Night 4

Scum kill: Roukanken

Scout action: Track Alice Margatroid (Killed!)

Roukan finally gives into his intuition and picks the right guy, but he comes up one night short. Shame.

Night 6

Scum kill: Edible

One last instance of scum being just ahead of town.

---

Scum MVP is pretty obvious. The Night 1 plan was initially pesco's but everyone worked together to refine it and the game would have been a lot quicker if pesco didn't completely throw himself away on Day 2.

Town MVP goes to Roukan for being the only one not to fall for Alice's bullshit. It's not only a shame that he didn't track Alice in time, but the only guy to listen to him (Edible) got NKed the very next night after he realized what was going on.

Lesson: Alice is always scum, even if he isn't.

Edible

Re: Gensokyo Worker's Facepalm Mafia - Topic 2, Game Over, Man, Game Over
« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2009, 06:06:05 AM »
Time wasting MVP is a tie between Kilgamayan, wrathie, and UK.

Edit: Town MVP might have gone to Rou if he had, uh... bothered watching the cop? :V

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #405 on: May 11, 2009, 06:08:11 AM »
I try to avoid giving MVPs out based on power roles because doing so creates an imbalance based purely on luck right from the get-go. Roukan, not as a Scout, but as a player, was (correctly) plugging Alice the whole game, which is more than anyone else can say.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #406 on: May 11, 2009, 06:10:53 AM »
Credit all to Alice. I only got myself lynched.

Edible

« Reply #407 on: May 11, 2009, 06:16:57 AM »
I try to avoid giving MVPs out based on power roles because doing so creates an imbalance based purely on luck right from the get-go. Roukan, not as a Scout, but as a player, was (correctly) plugging Alice the whole game, which is more than anyone else can say.

That's reasonable enough, I suppose.

Moving on~

I hereby declare wrathie permanent honorary scum.  This probably doesn't need to be said.

I hope we see more of Serpentarius.  And Zakeri's a serious trooper for taking a beating as donut and then offering to take another beating as UK.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #408 on: May 11, 2009, 06:20:53 AM »
Hah, I stopped paying attention to this after I got NK'd, but that was a great play by scum. Good job.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #409 on: May 11, 2009, 06:22:32 AM »
Oh gosh, that took a very long time, but I'm glad it ended.  I never do want to argue with wrathie again.
Quite frankly, so do I. For that matter, I never want to play in a game with wrathie in it, ever again.

Anyway, so, given how I managed to win this game despite almost dying on D1 and having a fakeclaim hovering over me ever since and both my scumbuddies got lynched D2 and D3 and the game lasted until D6, I do admit I had to have pulled this off pretty awesomely.

There was no highly complex pre-planned gambit. Quite literally D1 I was faced with the prospect of being lynched and had to run to an exam, so I claimed Town Doctor primarily in the hopes of "well, even if I'm lynched, at least I will have outed the real Town Doctor and it will not be inheritly crappy for scum". This later turned into LYNCHING the doctor and outing the cop. I come back from my Thermodynamics final and spend a couple minutes laughing.

Then, after seeing this, pesco's role info, one of the rules and being on entirely too much Dexedrine at the time, I thought up a silly little gambit. Pesco frames me (as KY is likely to investigate me due to him being a noob cop), and then because nowhere in my role PM does it state that my ability to roleblock cannot block NKs (and I clarify this with Kilga just to make sure), Nietz NK's me and I RB Nietz. The result is the N1 No NK.

D2 I bussed pesco due to pesco quite frankly being extremely irritating and playing very horribly. I didn't quite want him to be the D2 lynch, D3 would have been much preferable as he'd be able to frame Nietz then and the game would be over sooner, but then...

N2... let's put it this way, Kiro: I consider you more of a threat to scum than a claimed, proven cop. Good job. You really have impressed me a lot.

D3 was kind of surprising. I was expecting that Serpentarius would investigate donut, which would lose us a mis-lynch, but otherwise would not be that terrible. Instead he happened to be a much better player than I had expected and had investigated Nietz, who rather unsurprisingly turned up scum.

Oh, one thing I have to mention: the one unfair advantage that I think I had was the knowledge that pesco's framer role could turn scum into townies, and not just townies into scum as per the MS wiki. Considering Kilga had posted the role PMs of Sodium Iodide, Kanako Yasaka *AND* Roukan, I was vaguely surprised by this decision (though I'm not complaining :P)

D4 was essentially push case on Zaknut, hope he gets lynched. I simply was not around during the deadline, that's all. When I finally got back I breathed a sigh of relief.

N4 I decided to off Roukan as he was getting worryingly on my case. Turns out N4 was the same night he decided to track me! This was some pure luck here and I am amazed it worked out in the end.

D5 I can't comment on much due to the modkill cutting the day short. I'm not sure what to make of the modkill, but if Kilga had simply let the day go on I think I likely would have been screwed, so it would either have highly benefited Town or highly benefited Scum, with no middle ground.

LYLO was essentially just me being awesome. I gave it my all, I missed sleep and basically ran to this thread the second I got out of my classes, not to mention spent entirely too much time just refreshing the thread. I was a bit surprised umu dredged up Kiro's post about setup speculation, inferred the right conclusion from it, and then dropped it. I was also rather pleasantly surprised that Affinity happened to be correct in assuming I was scum. However, there was the issue that I played exceptionally well, and personally I think if I wasn't forced to fakeclaim, that I essentially would have been obvtown until the end.

So...good job to Town, especially Kiro, Edible and Affinity, who played extremely well. Also much thanks to Kilga, for making a rather interesting setup which was also quite fun to play.

For anyone who is interested, the scum quicktopic is here, though it's not terribly useful due to both of my scumbuddies being lynched fairly early on in the game.

Oh, and umu: I never planned a gambit. In fact, I never planned any of my actions. My play since D1 in this game, and in basically all other games that I've been scum in has been to make shit up as I go along, and so far it appears to work quite well.

The fact that I completely ignore the whole "try to lie as little as possible" scum philosophy and essentially create statements out of thin air rather helps, tbqh.

FallenAngelV

« Reply #410 on: May 11, 2009, 06:34:50 AM »
First time logging in for a week or so (exams etc), but I just want to say, that was bleedin' beautiful Alice. Never have I wanted scum to win so badly before. You're right, I'm proud of you.

Spoiler:
And I felt kinda sorry for Nietz. You'll be town again one day.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:37:28 AM by FallenAngelV »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2009, 06:43:48 AM »
Quote from: Affinity
Quote from: Alice
Quite frankly, so do I. For that matter, I never want to play in a game with wrathie in it, ever again.

Victory at any cost you know.

I said it before, I'll say it again: Alice is policy lynch at 3/4 player LyLo.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #412 on: May 11, 2009, 06:56:28 AM »
Ah, well played by Alice in the end.  My suspicions were about 70% Alice, 30% wrathie during most of the final day.  I was a little irritated at umu and Affinity for spending so much time going at each other when it seemed to clear to me that they ought to just push wrathie to the breaking point, and if that failed, then take out Alice.  My scan of wrathie was meant to eliminate him as a distraction more than anything - he topped my suspicions at the time for sort of halfheartedly trying to resist a Nietz lynch, but when I died that night, I felt pretty strongly that Alice wouldn't be stupid enough to not protect me.

Anyway, I have no regrets - I played as well as I could have.  And I am interested in sticking around here for more mafia games.  This crowd is very skilled, and your set of house rules make for an unusual sort of game.  I'm not familiar with this Yume Nikki business, but I guess I'll look into it.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #413 on: May 11, 2009, 07:09:37 AM »
Ergh, reading the quicktopic flashed me back to those bad moments we like to call "outting the Cop AND lynching the Doc AND Vig on Day 1".

First off... Pesco... screw your FPMH... I am voting you first next game with no supplementary text added. And I have a mix of emotions for Alice's name in that QT so I'll just say: =s

I am not too happy about my performance even if I was considered a threat by Scum, it didn't contribute to the correct lynch. For instance, I made a quick comment about Nietz on early Day 1 and his reply was reasonably scummy (as pointed out when Rou quoted me on Day 3) and then I ignored it and led both Kanako's and Sodium's wagons.

Starting Day 2, I honestly could believe that the setup had 2 Docs, but after Rou refuted me on the Hitman point, I started to consider Alice's claim to be false and was going to agree with Rou. My major mistake there was not being firm enough about my newfound suspicion and being stubborn about leaving Alice alive for one more day "just to make sure." Seems Scum got the hint and decided to NK me and played it off well with the "50/50 chance of being foiled by the Doc so go for a random person".

If I were still alive after the Framer's flip, I actually don't think I would have asked whether the Framer's ability worked in reverse (I checked the wiki of course), but it didn't matter in my view because pegging Alice as the Godfather fit my suspicions.

I thought after Serpentarius outted Nietz, there would likely be only 1 Scum left with about 3 possible mislynches allowed and hopefully Rou or someone else would suggest "sacrificing" Alice just to make sure that loose end was taken care of. I knew if Rou suggested it, people would take him seriously because enough people believed he was Townie.

I also thought people would consider Alice more after Rou got NK'ed and as a bonus, also had a dual role similar to Sodium's and Kanako/Serpentarius. I was disappointed no one pushed that particular point or pressed Alice as to why he didn't have a dual role, even though Edible got on the right track.

I agree Rou gets Town MVP in this game. Our back and forth discussion in Day 2 pretty much was what would have convinced me Alice's roleclaim was fake. Youmu also gets a nod for pushing Pesco in Day 2 and making Scum sweat despite their N1 gambit.

Alice did really well in LYLO. I was annoyed that he abused UK's modkill to get a free kill and skipped out on being around during Zakeri's deadline lynch (even though he told me that he was busy RL at the time), but he was pretty cool during LYLO even when at some point, umu, Affinity, and wrathie all had a decent suspicion of Alice. Good game.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #414 on: May 11, 2009, 07:12:18 AM »
First off... Pesco... screw your FPMH... I am voting you first next game with no supplementary text added. And I have a mix of emotions for Alice's name in that QT so I'll just say: =s

Always right...50% of the time ;D

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #415 on: May 11, 2009, 07:13:24 AM »
Well, the moral of this story is that sometimes the cop is wrong.

Hopefully Alice would've been a little more obvious if it were pointed out that Pesco was a reverse framer/lawyer, but yeah. :/

I should really have got around to tracking Alice sooner. I spent the whole game thinking 'How can he possibly balance a game with two docs, a cop and a tracker/watcher combo?' and couldn't think of anything, but obviously it didn't seem that outrageous to everyone else since I didn't claim...and even when my role came out, Alice managed to convince people otherwise.

Still, congrats for pulling it off. I'll make a mental note to cut the crap and just lynch you D1 next time for my own good.

« Reply #416 on: May 11, 2009, 07:41:09 AM »
And Zakeri's a serious trooper for taking a beating as donut and then offering to take another beating as UK.

D5 I can't comment on much due to the modkill cutting the day short. I'm not sure what to make of the modkill, but if Kilga had simply let the day go on I think I likely would have been screwed, so it would either have highly benefited Town or highly benefited Scum, with no middle ground.

I really wanted to replace badly, but I knew it would make people uneasy if I had jumped right in the same game, so I asked Kilgamayan and he asked everyone else. I was really dissapointed - especially since Edible was making a lot of sense to me that day even with the innocent result on Alice. I really wanted the chance to go after her, especially since I only lost that chance because of the duty I had to the town to get a lynch in.

Plus, I don't think I would have asked if I believed UK was actually the final scum - but either way I still would have tried to lynch Alice.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #417 on: May 11, 2009, 08:24:47 AM »
I personally think that out of anyone in the game except for wrathie, I made the most mistakes in terms of voting, as seen from my L-1 votes and my pitiful attempt to switch to wrathie.  I think the day phases could have lasted much longer if I didn't vote to L-1.

In any case, Alice played very very well as scum; he produced solid content all around (other than D1) that was plausible and generally looked really really town.  You're right in saying that had you not have claimed doctor, you would have been pegged as obvtown through the entire game.

As for wrathie, I feel sorry for you since I think you tried very very hard to play the game as town.  However, you definitely have to brush up on both your language and your Mafia basics in order for me or anyone else to take you seriously in future games.  I suggest you play with your friends or something in your native lanaguage and try and improve from there, since I don't think you really understand us fully either.

Roukanken basically kept everyone on their toes with his very good questioning skills and I think that is applaudable.  I think I have to refine my definitions about what is 'playing the setup' and what is not after this game, but yes, Town MVP for this game.

Not much else to say about everyone else.  Town generally played quite well outside of wrathie, S.P, Kanako, and me (to some extent).  I think pesco and Nietz could have played much better for the first two days, though.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 09:49:18 AM by Affinity »

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #418 on: May 11, 2009, 08:50:54 AM »
First time logging in for a week or so (exams etc), but I just want to say, that was bleedin' beautiful Alice. Never have I wanted scum to win so badly before. You're right, I'm proud of you.
Thanks <3

And good luck with exams!

Quote from: Roukanken
I'll make a mental note to cut the crap and just lynch you D1 next time for my own good.

You do qualify as Town MVP in my eyes, especially for being unconvinced about my roleclaim and pegging Nietz immediately after being the third person to vote pesco on D2. Good job.

For that matter, half of Town played pretty well, and half of it played pretty terribly. donut, don't /in if you're not going to play the game. Also, you didn't get NK'd, you got deadline lynched D4.

I really must commend Zakeri for almost managing to save himself when playing as Zaknut on D4. That was done really well, if only it was done sooner and not hours before deadline. I think this shows why waiting until the last minute to form all of your cases and place all of your votes is quite honestly a terrible idea.

@Affinity: quite literally, that mistake of bringing Nietz up to L-1 was fatal and really should not have happened. On the other hand, you did play very well in LYLO in the end so I don't think you should place yourself next to people like wrathie, Sodium Bicarbonate and donut in terms of how well you played in this game.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #419 on: May 11, 2009, 08:57:50 AM »
That's reasonable enough, I suppose.
I hereby declare wrathie permanent honorary scum.  This probably doesn't need to be said.

I know, I'm sticking to it.

I dunno about playing mafia, my call on Day 5 was to get lynched period, No matter what the cost is... even if it is going against what Town will do.

I know i will be absolutely worthless in LYLO and I was right.

I wanted an Alice lynch at the start but when i got into the analysis it ended up that Alice's protect made more sense and etc etc etc... so yea, Alice leaving me till the end was the right call.

Me wailing on Day 5 and Day 6 was both to lynch myself and to gauge response on who would want me dead, that didn't work out to well so meh.

Anyways, on to the next game, but I doubt i'll be playing unless some1 give me a reason to,

besides being scum >3