Author Topic: SEIHOU Project English Patch Question  (Read 11787 times)

SEIHOU Project English Patch Question
« on: January 27, 2016, 03:06:21 AM »

Uh... I don't kwow is it okay to write about seihou project at here
Anyway
There is no english patch of SEIHOU Project or no way to translate SEIHOU Project?

xJeePx

• Danmaku Aesthete
  • 夢幻王子
Re: SEIHOU Project English Patch Question
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 03:52:48 PM »
Editing the text files and images shouldn't a problem, but being unable to extract and repack the DATs is what makes it hard.

I wanted to translate Seihou games for the longest time, and here's what I know about the games' DAT files:

I don't know much about Shuusou Gyoku, except that you can extract game data from DAT files (PBG format) with Brightmoon.

Kioh Gyoku uses pretty much the same DAT format as EoSD (PBG3), but there's a catch - unlike Touhou games, where each DAT file contains only files and no folders in it, Kioh Gyoku's DAT files have folders with files inside them, and thdat doesn't recognize those folders (it's also not possible to add folders when creating a DAT file).

I did get in touch with VBChunguk, who updated Touhou Toolkit to version 7. He told me that thdat is made to consider folders only for SWR and Soku; the Folder extracting/archiving feature is already there (it is just "hidden"), and he could add support for Kioh Gyoku with a little touch (and, even if he'll add support for Seihou, that version of Touhou Toolkit won't be the main branch, because it's "Touhou" Toolkit), but nothing came out of it yet. I sent him another message on Youtube a week ago, but he hasn't replied yet. You can try contacting him on Twitter, he seems to be quite active there.

Nmlgc did make a PBG6 Data Extractor for Banshiryuu's C74 version (you can find it at THwiki's "Tools and Modifications" page, complete with source code), but there is no way to repack the extracted files back.

C67 version of Banshiryuu is like a completely different game, and is also worth having a translation patch (it also has like ten times more dialog!). It uses PBG5 format for DAT files.

Edit:

I found a handy little program called ACXDecipher that can extract game data from .AC5 (C67 Banshiryuu and Samidare) and .AC6 (C74 Banshiryuu) files. However, unfortunately, it doesn't have the repack function.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 07:08:27 PM by xJeePx »

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 03:22:41 PM »
I would personally love to see a Seihou game English patch made for any of the games. Poor old Seihou doesn't get the love it should have due to its more popular cousin overshadowing it.  :V

Perhaps Samidare would be an easier game to make a project out of? I haven't played it that much in awhile but I don't think it has huge amounts of dialogue like Seihou douse.

Still, if anybody makes an English patch v1.00 of Seihou then you can bet on me downloading it and sending my thanks. Translating Seihou will definitely help it get more spotlight over in the English community. The only people who really talk about Seihou from what I can see are hardcore shmup forums. I believe Seihou deserves better than that.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:50 PM »
Seihou is nothing special. The only reason it even gets mentioned at all is because ZUN made the music for the first two games. A translation patch wont help it become any more popular.

The story and characters are also extremely clich?d.

xJeePx

• Danmaku Aesthete
  • 夢幻王子
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »
Perhaps Samidare would be an easier game to make a project out of?
Just took a quick look and found something interesting - Samidare uses the same engine and DAT format (PBG5) as C67 version of Banshiryuu!

Edit:

All right, after some google searching, I found this little program called ACXDecipher that can extract game data from .AC5 (C67 Banshiryuu and Samidare) and .AC6 (C74 Banshiryuu) files. However, unfortunately, it doesn't have the repack function, so we still need a hardcore hacker to have the tools which will allow us to extract and repack the game data. :V
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:35:48 PM by xJeePx »

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 02:57:17 PM »
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! A random post I made inspired a talented programmer to look into translating Samidare! I feel like I made the world a tiny grain of sand on a huge beach better today!

If you hack the end game credits, put me under special thanks... even though I did barely anything but inspire. ; P

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 03:30:48 AM »

Okay, I found vbchunguk at the twitter and asked to make a utility.
He changed his twitter account and he said he forgot about this.

However, he made a utillity to me, and I tested this.
This tool only supported SH02.
And this works very well. :)