Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 67799 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)
« Reply #960 on: May 03, 2011, 03:55:11 AM »
I need to change the way I word my posts when I play this game. :(

Just don't waffle so much.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #961 on: May 03, 2011, 03:55:45 AM »
You need to go to a new school besides NeoSerela's Perfect Confirmation Bias Class and learn to make comments on everyone instead of pointing out how your scum partners are linked together :p

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #962 on: May 03, 2011, 03:58:39 AM »
It's how I type though. :(
I should totally play a game where all my posts are in Korean and run through google translate.
It would be amazing.

And about that, Shadoweh, I really didn't have the time to do anything on D1 aside from read you.
Blame Keine, the greatest mafia player in existence.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #963 on: May 03, 2011, 04:32:11 AM »
w/e
Nue Nue Dansu!

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #964 on: May 03, 2011, 04:38:19 AM »
Edible: Are you going to post the Dormio/Pesco QT?

Shadoweh

« Reply #965 on: May 03, 2011, 04:39:44 AM »
Oh yeah, and uh, every point of rage I posted about how Sect and Dan were the worst players in existance, except for the part about modkills, were all blatant lies. You newbies are so cute and I love each and every one of you <^_^>

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #966 on: May 03, 2011, 04:49:38 AM »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #967 on: May 03, 2011, 05:04:33 AM »
Wow Shadoweh. That is some monstrosity of a pic you put together. *instasaved* And the Sing-Along Blog was hilarious to read. I can feel those knife slashes on my face all over again.

That D1 timehax thing was really close. Kudos to Bard for directing me back onto the right track in Day 4. I was going along with K4U's logic and he just flats out state that he'd lynch Shadoweh over Dan. That got me to rethink the comparisons again and I changed my reads almost completely on the fly. It's never too late to pursue Sarah Conner new opinions.

Also UK got the good renewed suspicion on Shadoweh in Day 2 and then was killed for her troubles. Indeed, you shouldn't take who dies at Night as some all-defining sign as to who the Scum are and I tend not to. But Mafia is a game of advantages and in this case with this setup, it felt Scum motivated in the "she's onto me" sort of a vibe and that ended up being the one real reason I was going to put Shadoweh over Dan.

I really wanted to save Hourai Day 4, but I knew there was no chance it'd fly. I think that's probably my one real regret in the game. At that moment, I got lazy, said fuck it, better safe than sorry, and pushed it along. Because I still couldn't decide between Shadoweh and Dan and I should have pushed a vote on one of them in Day 4, backed by my Town confirmedness which is rare to get.

Kiro

« Reply #968 on: May 03, 2011, 05:05:28 AM »
EBWOP: Oh dear..................... I have a sig implanted onto me......  :ohdear:

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #969 on: May 03, 2011, 05:08:37 AM »
I now wonder what scum!Kiro looks like.

Kiro

« Reply #970 on: May 03, 2011, 05:14:44 AM »
I play average to below average as Scum. Trust me on this. Even in games I've won, I'm usually lynched or heavily suspicious/about to be lynched. It doesn't correlate with my Townie reputation.

Shadoweh

« Reply #971 on: May 03, 2011, 05:20:00 AM »
At least half the quicktopic can be summed up as "FFFF KIRO!" I especially liked how Dormio tried to prove I was wrong and you aren't scary, and got lynched for his efforts. The only thing that scared me more then how close you were to pushing a case on me D4 was how much we thought alike. I think surviving four days with you STARING AT ME is it's own win condition. Since I've read all about you I knew how much danger I was in.  :ohdear: It just made me happy to meet another one of the interesting characters from the fabled times of old :3

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #972 on: May 03, 2011, 05:26:37 AM »
I've only read one game with Kiro in it and that had Serp protecting him all the way. :V
But yeah, guess I'm going to read up more on you.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #973 on: May 03, 2011, 06:58:15 AM »
Man shadoweh the worst part about D5 was that I could feel you trying to box me into a hole.  That's why I brought up the 500 times townier thing, just to break the flow a little.  I was pretty certain you were the scum once you unvoted.  I just thought I could 1v1 D6 after a K4U.  That would require me to stick to my guns and attack K4U though D5 despite my beliefs, or else I'd look quite bad.  So ya kitten I am srry, I *did* actually believe you after a while.  I also thought you would win against shadoweh after she hammered me!

I also thought Bard not posting much D5 was a ruse in order to get the scum to NK omba instead. :) 

Don't lynch me.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #974 on: May 03, 2011, 07:21:27 AM »
Hey Edible can we get those ObvTown/ObvScum groupies?

Shadoweh

« Reply #975 on: May 03, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »
I also thought Bard not posting much D5 was a ruse in order to get the scum to NK omba instead. :)
I said that in the QT didn't I? I'm wondering if Bard will say so or not. Did you reed my blog Dan? I even included some actual scumslips just for you!
Quote from: ActionDan
Man shadoweh the worst part about D5 was that I could feel you trying to box me into a hole.  That's why I brought up the 500 times townier thing, just to break the flow a little.  I was pretty certain you were the scum once you unvoted.  I just thought I could 1v1 D6 after a K4U.  That would require me to stick to my guns and attack K4U though D5 despite my beliefs, or else I'd look quite bad.  So ya kitten I am srry, I *did* actually believe you after a while.  I also thought you would win against shadoweh after she hammered me!
I'm going to be blunt. I think you would have lost horribly. Between Kitten's defense of me, taken more seriously after her townflip, and your actions,  you would have lost because you spent the entire game acting like scum. The last day would have been me pointing out how every single post and action you ever made and took was leading up to you automatically winning the game as scum. You were always suposed to be the last lynch because the longer you played the scummier you sounded. Town won because K4u made ME feel like she couldn't be lynched, and I was worried Bard would come back and realize I sounded super scummy five-thousand, so I hammered too quickly. Also? I was bored. I wanted to play Mafia :<

Edit: Two things, One, you need to read posts made before yours before posting. That Zak hammer was pretty horrible :p Two, it is never a bad time to go after who you think is scum no matter how worried you are about changing your tunnel target. If you think someone is scum, vote for them.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:45:44 AM by Shadoweh »

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #976 on: May 03, 2011, 12:18:03 PM »
Yeah, when Dan flipped town I knew Shadoweh had to be the scums because, you know, she hammered him while there was plenty of time left.

I just wanted to live to the final day to lynch her. </3

Bardiche

« Reply #977 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:06 PM »
Also I was terrible town at the end because I just did whatever I felt like at the time, so I forewent scumhunting by just relying on gut and looking at who was scummiest in the ten posts before me. Sadly, this turned out to be Dan when it shouldn't have. :V

Shadoweh

« Reply #978 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
It was totally your fault for not posting enough >:( You gave me your apathy!
AND I'M LEAVING YOU FOR UNCERTAINKITTEN! SO THERE

Bardiche

« Reply #979 on: May 03, 2011, 12:27:03 PM »
That's cool, I don't want you anyway. I told you.

Shadoweh

« Reply #980 on: May 03, 2011, 12:29:19 PM »
>.> I thought that was your subtle way of telling people you suspected me actually. MISSION FAILEO!

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #981 on: May 03, 2011, 12:32:09 PM »
Ah, ok. I didn't have time last read to read your QT, but I did catch some *choice* entries :D

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #982 on: May 03, 2011, 12:33:57 PM »
Sorry, serious mafier is serious.

It was between Dan and you all along, because K4me was really reasonable and Polaris had truly read completely reasonable to me all game.

It's just that I gave you more of a pass than I should've because of our past love, and I gave Dan more of the Bad Eye than I should have due to him keeping on insisting he was town in what was likely obvtown but somehow read as obvscum.

« Reply #983 on: May 03, 2011, 01:08:50 PM »
I didn't suspect Shadoweh as being the final scum ... pretty much until after I had read edibles admission that she was a second time (It didn't register the first time). She did a fairly good job of covering her tracks and seem like the cute Town Belle that she usually is. The Nightkill caught me off guard, and my first thought was scum actually switched their kill to UK just because of my story.  I pretty much wouldn't have even picked up on it myself until shadoweh hammered day five. That was pretty much the point where Shadoweh gave up all pretenses of being a pro-town player. If anyone who was in Lylo in this same situation with her and the Lurk Belle and actually voted Kitten4u, I would have questioned their ability to obtain and evaluate facts placed in front of them. Of course, this just means Omba is smart.

As for my own play, I'm very satisfied with it, even though I didn't get to do much. I tested out a new style of PBPA. Rather than listing everyone's own posts under their name, I instead listed all of the posts other people made that talked about them. It actually makes it a lot easier to see how the cases on people flow, and how the people on those cases move around. Like, for example, early day one, Dormio and Sect both wanted Shadoweh dead and gone until suddenly they didn't, and both switched away to two different town cases. In retrospect, this probably should have alerted me that they didn't really want Shadoweh dead.

My main problem however is that I tend to just lose interest and pester off the longer I spend being a part of the game, so of course I'm going to shine at my best when 1. I'm only alive for one day, and 2. That day is not day one.

Shadoweh

« Reply #984 on: May 03, 2011, 01:19:26 PM »
>-> Oh come on that day was like wrist slittingly slow! My weakness is my manic inability to stop talking. I thought it was funny you asked me why I was being so quiet. All the flowy text and cute names were confined to a hidden place <3 Your story was still the best. Edible never answered me if I could no-kill and we could vote for Happily Ever After >.>

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #985 on: May 03, 2011, 01:24:49 PM »
Edible never answered me if I could no-kill and we could vote for Happily Ever After >.>

Nope! :D

BTW, I don't think the late hammer would have mattered either way (as stated in the dead QT, I felt Dan getting lynched would mean Shadoweh would be lynched the next day), but if you want to get away with it as scum or town next time, say "I'm announcing my intent to hammer in x hours" and then just wait a bit.  Sometimes days just drag on too damn long.

Bardiche

« Reply #986 on: May 03, 2011, 02:13:39 PM »
The best way to play the game is by not caring about your alignment and posting so that you will have fun. Always remember, though, that investing too much emotionally in Mafia is going to come back to bite you, because it WILL drain you. For example, Kiro and Kilga both have a posting style where they will often not say much unless they have a relevant and pertinent observation and/or interjection to make.

Talking too much should be dealt with in QTs or some other private channels of communication. I tend to PM the mod if I have things to share or whatnot, or when I fear my Unlimited Gambit Works will work adversely. Attracting the cop, for example, was something that was half-troll, half-gambit, so I wasn't sure if Edible would permit it in the spirit of the game. That, and I vented at him whenever I was seeing things in the game that made me sigh and want to blow off into a huge rant.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #987 on: May 03, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »
I don't think I was actually as emotionally invested in the game as it looked.  Well, at least not anymore than I would be normally.  I was just backed into a corner, which meant if I wanted to not be lynched, I HAD DO TO SOMETHING.  The fact that I could not lose no matter what as long as I wasn't lynched just made that stronger.  Kitten4u does not like to lose. :P

What drove my total emotionalness was that I have serious issues with futility.  There are two things you never say to Kitten4u, even indirectly, unless you want her to hate you forever.

1.) That she doesn't care about something, especially if she really does/has worked really hard on it.
2.) That nothing she does actually matters.

So yeah.  I still realize it wasn't intentional, but seriously, that was like the worst thing he could have said to me.  It doesn't matter how these things are said, why they are said, what the person wanted me to get from it or any other factor.  Once it is said I fly into an emotional frenzy to the point that I often can't even look at the thing in question.  I'm totally serious when I said I seriously considered self-hammering after that.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Shadoweh

« Reply #988 on: May 03, 2011, 02:32:42 PM »
Noooo don't be a NeoKitten ;_; Don't do eeeet
Bard I think I got the talking in QT down pat >.> This was as much a learning experience for me as the other newbies :3 Also I wanted to be the Macho Cop solely so when I claimed I could parody the Macho Man song.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:40:59 PM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #989 on: May 03, 2011, 02:33:47 PM »
I didn't actually do it. :<
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr