Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 67761 times)

Schezo

• en-counse
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)
« Reply #930 on: May 03, 2011, 02:41:29 AM »
Scumdar?  What's this, something townies get when the don't roll mafia almost every time? :getdown:

« Reply #931 on: May 03, 2011, 02:42:41 AM »
:3 I was ignoring you on purpose by the way, so you wouldn't do that thing again. You PSYCHIC BASTARD!
I'm not a true psychic bastard until I catch three scum on night 1 with only the flip of a townie and a traitor. For now, I'm just low level.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #932 on: May 03, 2011, 02:43:42 AM »
Lessee.  Instead of rant, constructive criticism!

Kiro
Good work as always.  Stellar D1 got you both a doc block and a kill attempt and you were hot on scum's heels the rest of the game.

huh what
You may have been new at the role but you did a fine job and picked the right time to claim given your circumstances.

UK
Being scum's second choice for NK after failing the first time speaks for itself, really.

Bardiche
Sorry the game trainwrecked for you.  Hopefully you'll view it as a learning experience to, like, completely ignore derptown derpiness or something. :(  Thanks for stickin' in.

Zakeri
Totally didn't even remotely deserve your lynch.  Still not sure how it happened; you played exceptionally well, and thank you for switching in at short notice.

K4U
JESUS CHRIST I'M SORRY NEXT TIME YOU ASK FOR A HYDRA I'M GIVING YOU SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY PLAYS ;_;  Admirable effort despite a crappy situation.  Thank you as well for switching in, again at short notice.

Dan
I like your pep!  I... don't really like your posting acumen, but as mentioned in the QT I think it's redeemable.  Put some effort into reading other games to get a firmer grasp on scumhunting theory and, well... calm down a bit!

Omba
Could've been worse, but you've a ways to go.  I don't like it when effectively confirmed town seem to stop playing and coast on other people's cases, and that's what it felt like with you.  Play every game like you don't get an easy confirmation, and never stop thinking!

Polaris
-_-;  Actually play next time, if there is one.

NeoSerela
Can't see this message because I Lynched him for reasons that are self-explanatory.

Sect
I think you were frustrated with the hand you were dealt, and Dormio's early departure, but never give up!  I think you can be a better player than this.

Dormio
I'm thinking maybe next time we don't give you a pesco, his ability to get killed early-on seems to have rubbed off on you.

Shadoweh
Entire team of newbie scum, both partners dead by N2, not a single town fatality, and you soldiered through the entire list one-by-one and almost made it at the end.  Superb grit, excellent effort.  Hats off to you.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #933 on: May 03, 2011, 02:44:57 AM »
So just wondering Dead QT people, what made you so sure I was town?  I don't think I would have acted that much differently if I were scum.  That was total "Kitten4u is backed into a corner and does not want to lose" more than anything else.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #934 on: May 03, 2011, 02:47:45 AM »
Hard to explain. Town vibes, yo :P. Also, Shadoweh was scum by her first two posts :V.

« Reply #935 on: May 03, 2011, 02:49:23 AM »
The part where the mod told us the final scum wasn't you. :V

Seriously, though, I think it was more that I thought Dan looked worse than you than that I thought you were scum. Once Dan died, Shadoweh's D5 probably would have caused me to look in her direction a bit more. I can't really say, though, since this situation is just figurative.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #936 on: May 03, 2011, 02:51:36 AM »
Kiro, you need your old avatar back! It's much better than the one you have now.

« Reply #937 on: May 03, 2011, 02:52:54 AM »
I know my main problem is lurking but I swear at least half of that was sleep/school :( I know it's my fault that I agreed to taking the last spot when I was occupied with school but I'm a little annoyed at how Edible replaced me half an hour before I was supposed to get home (although I got home late that day regardless, so I guess it's kind of moot) I'm hoping I can actually play a proper game in the summer but I'm not sure if anyone's going to allow me in their games anymore because of my history.

One problem that I think I have is that I just dismiss people that I don't see anyying scummy about. I know I should be suspicious of everybody but maybe I'm too sympathetic or whatever a better word is.

Anyway, huge thanks to Kitten4u for helping me even though I failed pretty badly, and then picking up after me afterwards. I kept hesitating to talk to you because I didn't have anything substantial to bring up, so I was afraid I'd just be bothering you. But I stand by my opinion that huhwhat is uninteresting.

Congrats to town even though I thought it was hopeless after Dan flipped town. :x

« Reply #938 on: May 03, 2011, 02:53:05 AM »
Also, I'm really disappointed I never picked up on Shadoweh's defensive vibes when she responded to my joke about my gut read. :< I probably would have been more motivated to press her instead of getting tunnel visioned on UK for like half the day had I noticed them.

Edible

« Reply #939 on: May 03, 2011, 02:55:46 AM »
I know my main problem is lurking but I swear at least half of that was sleep/school :( I know it's my fault that I agreed to taking the last spot when I was occupied with school but I'm a little annoyed at how Edible replaced me half an hour before I was supposed to get home (although I got home late that day regardless, so I guess it's kind of moot) I'm hoping I can actually play a proper game in the summer but I'm not sure if anyone's going to allow me in their games anymore because of my history.

I agree that I was a little abrupt with your replacement, but please understand that you gave me extremely little to work with and in reality should've been modkilled outright.

That said, bear in mind that you're still open to play.  In fact, I welcome it - however, you should be absolutely sure you'll have the free time to do so next time.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #940 on: May 03, 2011, 03:00:23 AM »
Oh man, Edible I just saw your signature and you had me busting a gut for a second. :]

Edible

« Reply #941 on: May 03, 2011, 03:01:25 AM »
I did a fucking spittake when I first saw that line, as I was at the time the only other person who knew huh what was the cop. <_<

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #942 on: May 03, 2011, 03:02:33 AM »
Yeah, I can sum up my ED1 as me going ADGDFGDHHGHGTY HALP HOW DO I LYNCH TOWNIE :colonveeplusalpha:

My versions of the night actions are so much cooler btw:

Night 1:
I'm going to have Bardiche take me out to dinner, then we're going to read Cavalier of the Abyss together, and most importantly I'm going to make sure he's not doing a~nything else all night long. <3 It's better this way for the both of us~
##Roleblock Bardiche

>_> I don't know if Sect remembered to send in the kill, if he did disregard this messaje.
Otherwise it would be pretty cool if Sect suceeded in a ##Kill: Kiro action. Even if I think he's going to bounce. And we will spend Day 2 crying and lamenting life.
Night 2:
The voices have spoken. As a reward for her protection I will give UncertainKitten sweet merciful release from this circus. When she figures out who killed her please tell her I'm sorry. ;^;
##Kill: UncertainKitten

As for Bard, your gambits cannot stop me! NOTHING YOU DO CAN RESIST MY ABILITY TO SPEND EVERY NIGHT WITH YOU AHAHAHAHA
##Roleblock: Bardiche

I am not in fact going to change my mind on these. If the cop checks me and is going to live to tomorrow feel free to end the game before the night is even over. Until then I will press on to win this game for Town, the real town, which is ME AND ME ALONE!
Night 3:
Let's make this like, the shortest freaking night ever. DIE FPMX COP!
##KILL HUH WHAT

...Oh hell and I guess I'll ##Roleblock: Bardiche because BARDICHE <3 <3 <3

Seriously you could skip to tomorrow it's not like anyone else's actions can stop this. ;-;
Night 4:
DIE DEMON, YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!
##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO ##KILL KIRO

I AM SORRY BARD I CANNOT COME TO YOU TONIGHT, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT TOMORROW FOR MY LAST VISIT!
##ROLEBLOCK OMBA

AHAHAHAHA FINALLY MY NEMESIS GONE GONE GONE FOREVER AND EVER AND EEEEEEVEEEERRRR
Night 5:
For one of the most amusing players I know you sure were boring today Bard. I so do not want to deal with you tomorrow. Omba can be the one who points out how scummy I am. Also HOW COULD I VISIT ANYONE BUT YOOOOU~<3

##Kill: Bardiche

And doctors, as if they even work.

##Roleblock: Omba

Omba: I told you why, Bardiche is a better player then you~ and I was bringing you to the end~

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #943 on: May 03, 2011, 03:05:27 AM »
I actually had some reasoning for making my jokes about "I think ___ is the cop", in that I figured that if the last scum was somebody like Dan he would look into my post and assume that it meant I was not actually the cop. I'm not sure if that logic would actually work.

Plus, there was no risk of actually screwing with the real cop since it was me anyway.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #944 on: May 03, 2011, 03:07:25 AM »
Omba
Could've been worse, but you've a ways to go.  I don't like it when effectively confirmed town seem to stop playing and coast on other people's cases, and that's what it felt like with you.  Play every game like you don't get an easy confirmation, and never stop thinking!
One part was as Pesco said me looking at what Kiro'd do, the other part was not bothering to write out what I was thinking. It usually takes me at least as much time to write down what I've concluded as it takes me to get to that conclusion.
Still think my huge pile of fuck-up on Day 2 was much worse than posting less once I was confirmed. But yeah, I get what you're saying.

Shadoweh: Ah, ok. I was wondering whether you did it because I seemed more likely to lynch K4u instead of you. :V

Shadoweh

« Reply #945 on: May 03, 2011, 03:08:33 AM »
Not really. I think Kitten would have killed Bard over you regardless.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #946 on: May 03, 2011, 03:10:18 AM »
The part where the mod told us the final scum wasn't you. :V

Seriously, though, I think it was more that I thought Dan looked worse than you than that I thought you were scum. Once Dan died, Shadoweh's D5 probably would have caused me to look in her direction a bit more. I can't really say, though, since this situation is just figurative.

Actually, Shadoweh can tell you the first thing I asked after I died was why she killed me. I did more or less have her, though I let her go for a bit, then re had her (when I was joking about Narrative Causality), BEFORE Edible revealed her. So yes, I did catch her, but it was too late to actually matter. Which means it doesn't count. I mean, hell, the whole dead topic caught me last game but I still won.

@HW: Yeah, Shadoweh's first two posts were VERY nervous. I'm kicking myself for not seeing them at the time myself.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #947 on: May 03, 2011, 03:15:57 AM »
Not really. I think Kitten would have killed Bard over you regardless.
Derp. Well, at least it contributed to lynching you. :V

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #948 on: May 03, 2011, 03:17:49 AM »
By the way, huh what, what were your cop crumbs?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #949 on: May 03, 2011, 03:19:54 AM »
I never actually crumbed my role so much as my planned targets. Even if I changed them later on, I could at least point out the crumbs to show my thought process.

There are better ways the UK/HW scuffle could be resolved, anyway. :x
I'll have to take a closer look at Bard/Hourai overnight following Sect's flip.
(This one gave me some leeway.)

And of course, I intended to cite my jokes about the cop's identity as well as my D1 play if I was ever forced to claim when closed to lynch.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #950 on: May 03, 2011, 03:41:17 AM »
Good game all.
Though I died D1. :(
Worst timing to start the game, I had no time during early D1, and I was way tired during the rest of D1.
And then I got better with my break but I was dead. :V

I like how much "Why would Dormio push for the scum roleblocker so much?" there was. :)

Oh yeah.
Also.
WHY CAN I NEVER BE VANILLA?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:43:59 AM by Caedo Ergo Sum »

Shadoweh

« Reply #951 on: May 03, 2011, 03:43:29 AM »
Three games. You have attempted to get me killed in THREE GAMES.
WE ARE ENEMIES FOREVER NOW DORMIO. I WILL DESTROY YOU!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #952 on: May 03, 2011, 03:44:52 AM »
I'll kneecap him for you, Shadoweh! Then you can carve him up as you please! I just call the spleen!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #953 on: May 03, 2011, 03:46:17 AM »
attempted
##Saturn Ring Shadoweh
##Saturn Ring UncertainKitten

Coincidentally, both of you were the bombs. :V

« Reply #954 on: May 03, 2011, 03:47:25 AM »
Shadoweh's role made her immune to becoming a bomb, though.

Which means that in actuality, she wasn't Bardiche's Sex Bomb. How disappointing.

« Reply #955 on: May 03, 2011, 03:49:59 AM »
Lessee.  Instead of rant, constructive criticism!
<lack of Hourai>

='[

But eh. Once again, I manage to reach the mid-bottom area of my mafia mood swing performance.
What does that make it now? Bad, good, meh, trololololo mass confusion, good, bad.
This all happened after Chaore made me bi-polar  GDI.

« Reply #956 on: May 03, 2011, 03:51:11 AM »
Hourai: You're not that horrible of a player, really. It's just that you somehow never manage to draw attention, even postgame, perhaps as a side effect of always rolling PRs.

Edible

« Reply #957 on: May 03, 2011, 03:51:55 AM »
It's just that you somehow never manage to draw attention

>_>; Even I forgot about him.

Shadoweh

« Reply #958 on: May 03, 2011, 03:53:05 AM »
You should read the QT to think what I thought of you~ There is an entire post dedicated to me flipping tables at you! It's not even that you looked that scummy, Kiro even figured it out. It's just no one was willing to look instead of 'townie cred lynch!'

And considering the PR thing your non-detection aura is pretty good.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #959 on: May 03, 2011, 03:53:49 AM »
But only she knew that.
To everyone else Shadoweh and UncertainKitten were confirmed bombs once Bardiche flipped, and if you believed his crumbs.
I hit both regardless. :V

I need to change the way I word my posts when I play this game. :(

Warning - CHOO CHOO I'M A TRAIN

(aseragfag I got cut 4 seperate times)