Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4  (Read 60981 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4
« Reply #990 on: June 28, 2015, 11:02:31 PM »
>Difficult, but I believe it's doable if all of us pool our power together. And I am not sure we have time to fly the conventional way, under the circumstances. Also, there's four of us now.
>Reassume our Lotus guise
>"I believe we may be able to teleport ourselves to the Knowledge's house if we work together, and we should hurry; I don't know how much more time we have."

« Reply #991 on: June 29, 2015, 12:01:01 AM »
>Difficult, but I believe it's doable if all of us pool our power together. And I am not sure we have time to fly the conventional way, under the circumstances. Also, there's four of us now.
>Reassume our Lotus guise
>"I believe we may be able to teleport ourselves to the Knowledge's house if we work together, and we should hurry; I don't know how much more time we have."

>Four?
>You mean Reisen? Lily asks excitedly as you transform back to your Magical form.
>Your newest recruit nods solemnly.

« Reply #992 on: June 29, 2015, 12:07:43 AM »
>I do indeed.
>Do we think anyone outside our circle likely noticed us drag Reisen in here? If not, let's go back out to the others.

« Reply #993 on: June 29, 2015, 12:29:54 AM »
>I do indeed.
>Do we think anyone outside our circle likely noticed us drag Reisen in here? If not, let's go back out to the others.

>Sweet!~ Lily chirps.
>I'm glad. Rin adds. She would have wanted to help Patchy.
>You doubt it. The only person out in the yard you hadn't recruited was Reimu's bodyguard Touki, and she seemed pretty focused on that spell she was casting on Rin. Reisen's secret identity should be safe from her. And in fact, she isn't even present when you and Poppy emerge from Nitori's shed. Only Lily and White Rose remain present, talking with each other. Lily greets the newly minted Poppy with a big smile. "Wow, you look pretty!" she cries, flittering forward and giving the rabbit a big hug.
>"Probably should've warned you about that." Rin says with a wry smile as Reisen blushes slightly.

« Reply #994 on: June 29, 2015, 12:50:12 AM »
>"Just to make sure all of us are on the same page, Patchouli has become Water's Avatar and flown off to extract vengeance on the people she feels have wronged her and Reisen, and I believe this begins with her parents. She is extremely powerful, and also not entirely the person we once knew. I tried my best to dissuade her, but without success. She clearly still cares about Reisen, but there is a dark ruthlessness to her that I don't believe belongs to the friend we know; I fear we will need to use force to stop her, or I don't know how many people will end up dead or worse at her hands."
>"She has a substantial head start on us, so I think we need to try to teleport there to have any chance of reaching there first. I admit I've never done this before, but I am fairly confident we can do this if Lily provides me with a clear mental image of our destination, and all of you pool your powers together with me."
>Look to Reisen: "I know this is all very new to you, and I wish we could start off more slowly, but I hope you will find the use of your power more intuitive than you expect. We will do what we can to help."

>Look around among the assembled
>"Does anyone have any questions?"

« Reply #995 on: June 29, 2015, 02:35:54 AM »
>"Just to make sure all of us are on the same page, Patchouli has become Water's Avatar and flown off to extract vengeance on the people she feels have wronged her and Reisen, and I believe this begins with her parents. She is extremely powerful, and also not entirely the person we once knew. I tried my best to dissuade her, but without success. She clearly still cares about Reisen, but there is a dark ruthlessness to her that I don't believe belongs to the friend we know; I fear we will need to use force to stop her, or I don't know how many people will end up dead or worse at her hands."
>"She has a substantial head start on us, so I think we need to try to teleport there to have any chance of reaching there first. I admit I've never done this before, but I am fairly confident we can do this if Lily provides me with a clear mental image of our destination, and all of you pool your powers together with me."
>Look to Reisen: "I know this is all very new to you, and I wish we could start off more slowly, but I hope you will find the use of your power more intuitive than you expect. We will do what we can to help."

>Look around among the assembled
>"Does anyone have any questions?"

>Reisen raises her hand. "How can we stop her without hurting her too much?"

« Reply #996 on: June 29, 2015, 02:50:23 AM »
>"In her current condition, I expect she can take a significant amount of fire before being any more than inconvenienced. I'd rather not have to shoot her either, but if we do, I don't think we can afford to hold back - I expect she won't. If she exhausts her power sufficiently, we can possibly imprison her for the time-being and figure out what to do from there. I'd still like to believe this can be resolved diplomatically, but I think we must be prepared for the possibility that she will try in earnest to kill us for standing in her way. I truly wish I could say otherwise."

« Reply #997 on: June 29, 2015, 02:54:23 AM »
>"In her current condition, I expect she can take a significant amount of fire before being any more than inconvenienced. I'd rather not have to shoot her either, but if we do, I don't think we can afford to hold back - I expect she won't. If she exhausts her power sufficiently, we can possibly imprison her for the time-being and figure out what to do from there. I'd still like to believe this can be resolved diplomatically, but I think we must be prepared for the possibility that she will try in earnest to kill us for standing in her way. I truly wish I could say otherwise."

>"What about her ring?" Lily asks. "What if we destroy that, like you did with that girl back at the CRA?"

« Reply #998 on: June 29, 2015, 03:03:17 AM »
>Do we actually think that might work in this case? The nature of the ring and the bond that formed it is somewhat different here, no?

« Reply #999 on: June 29, 2015, 03:35:19 AM »
>Do we actually think that might work in this case? The nature of the ring and the bond that formed it is somewhat different here, no?

>It does seem to be profoundly different. You're not actually sure what would happen if Patchy's ring were destroyed.

« Reply #1000 on: June 29, 2015, 03:41:42 AM »
>"I'm not certain that we can, or what would happen to Patchouli if we actually succeeded. The nature of her bond with Water is very different than that other woman's was - to the point that their forced separation appeared to be literally killing both of them. Even if we managed to cut her off from this power again, it might be profoundly bad for her health. I don't know."

« Reply #1001 on: June 29, 2015, 04:06:01 AM »
>"I'm not certain that we can, or what would happen to Patchouli if we actually succeeded. The nature of her bond with Water is very different than that other woman's was - to the point that their forced separation appeared to be literally killing both of them. Even if we managed to cut her off from this power again, it might be profoundly bad for her health. I don't know."

>"So we should try to tire her instead of flooring her?" Rin asks, then winces. "Sorry, Reisen."
>The rabbit nods. "It's Poppy. Apparantly."

« Reply #1002 on: June 29, 2015, 04:10:19 AM »
>"I fear some element of the latter will be involved in accomplishing the former; I don't know if we can act purely defensively without her wearing us out first, but I suppose we shall see."

« Reply #1003 on: June 29, 2015, 04:17:24 AM »
>"I fear some element of the latter will be involved in accomplishing the former; I don't know if we can act purely defensively without her wearing us out first, but I suppose we shall see."

>"So how do we make this teleporting happen?" Poppy asks you.

« Reply #1004 on: June 29, 2015, 04:20:15 AM »
>Do we think we should get that image directly from Lily first, or should that be handled during the power linking and magic-weaving part of the process?
>Is there anything else in particular we'll need to do beyond the whole 'hold hands, join power, focus, and exert a lot of will?' bit?

« Reply #1005 on: June 29, 2015, 04:28:17 AM »
>Do we think we should get that image directly from Lily first, or should that be handled during the power linking and magic-weaving part of the process?
>Is there anything else in particular we'll need to do beyond the whole 'hold hands, join power, focus, and exert a lot of will?' bit?

>You need to ask next thread. We've gone over 1k already.