Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)  (Read 47099 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2012, 04:50:15 AM »
>Approach the easiest most approachable looking unbusy one.

>You approach a particularly idle-looking young man with sandy blond hair, presently reclining on a bench and staring absently at the monolith at the circle's center. He takes little notice of you as you draw near.

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2012, 05:08:58 AM »
>Politely attract his attention.

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2012, 05:47:52 AM »
>Politely attract his attention.

>The man glances in your direction as you motion to him, then he frowns slightly as his attention is drawn back from idle musing.
>"Yes?"

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 06:03:51 AM »
>"I was wondering where I might find the Divinations section of the school."

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »
>"I was wondering where I might find the Divinations section of the school."

>"That's in, um, Wyndermere Hall, I think. That one over there." He points to the large building to the left of Magister's Tower. "...third floor, maybe?"

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2012, 10:56:15 PM »
>Friendly nod. "Thanks."
>Thataway!

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2012, 02:29:47 AM »
>Friendly nod. "Thanks."
>Thataway!

>"Uh, sure," he says, sounding just a little addled.
>You leave and head towards Wyndermere Hall. It is, in both position and design nearly a complete mirror of Flenceburne Hall, at least from the outside. Student traffic is much higher than earlier, however - they're probably between classes. The stately wooden doors stand open as people enter and exit.

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2012, 03:29:51 AM »
>Does the outside have a sign that denotes the section contents of the building?

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2012, 03:34:38 AM »
>Does the outside have a sign that denotes the section contents of the building?

>No, although there was a list of departments and offices just inside the entrance of Flenceburne Hall; you would not be surprised if there was a similar one here.

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2012, 03:35:30 AM »
>Then let us enter, and have a look round.
>Before entering, though, if our outfit has a hood, pull it up.

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2012, 05:35:36 AM »
>Then let us enter, and have a look round.
>Before entering, though, if our outfit has a hood, pull it up.

>You step inside the building and take a look around. The same dignified decor as Flenceburne Hall is in evidence, with its blend of light and darker woods and tasteful wainscotting. The wide hallway echoes with the sound of many footsteps travelling along its polished floor. And there is indeed a map and directory posted in the same location as its sister building. With a few exceptions, its floorplan appears fundamentally the same. A brief examination indicates that the department of Divinations is indeed located on the third and highest floor.
>Your outfit is distinctly lacking in hood, so you cannot perform this maneuver.

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2012, 05:49:54 AM »
>Then let us ascend the handiest staircase.

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 07:19:12 PM »
>Then let us ascend the handiest staircase.

>You head to the nearest staircase and ascend to the top floor, then make your way down the corridor amid the roving packs of students on their way to or from classes. Snatches of idle banter filter back to your sensitive, if still somewhat clogged ears - gossip about their fellows, complaints about grades and workload for which professorial vindictiveness is evidently the only answer, and several discussions of magical theory too esoteric for you to properly follow. And you could swear you heard someone protesting in a tired voice that echolocation is not a form of divination.

>Following the directions of the map brings you to a plain wooden door, looking in no particular way distinct from the dozens of other doors you passed on the way here. Unlike the other departmental offices you have visited today, this one appears tightly shut, though the embossed nameplate affixed helpfully beside it does indeed proclaim it to be the "Department of Divination and Paragnosis", so you guess it must be the right place.

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »
>Have a listen at the door.. See if we can make out spell recitation, or anything.

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »
>Have a listen at the door.. See if we can make out spell recitation, or anything.

>You have a listen at the door, but the interior of the room appears to be virtually silent at the moment; you can't make out any sounds attributable to people.

« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2012, 07:59:04 PM »
>Test the door. If locked, knock. If unlocked, open.

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 08:23:59 PM »
>Test the door. If locked, knock. If unlocked, open.

>You try the handle, but the door does seem to be locked, so you knock on it instead. There is no answer. A moment or two passes. Then you nearly jump as someone all but shouts a greeting at your back.
>"Good afternoon!!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2012, 08:26:29 PM »
>"Bwah?!"
>Turn around and get a look at this weirdo who tried spooking us. "Jeez, didn't anyone ever teach you to not sneak up on someone like that? 'bout gave me a heart attack.."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »
>"Bwah?!"
>Turn around and get a look at this weirdo who tried spooking us. "Jeez, didn't anyone ever teach you to not sneak up on someone like that? 'bout gave me a heart attack.."

>With a squawk of surprise, you spin around to see a green-haired youkai with floppy brown ears standing right behind you. She is awkwardly cradling a wide cardboard box in her arms and smiling at you with an almost shrill cheerfulness.
>This wavers slightly as you chastise her, but she seems to find it again quickly enough. "Sorry!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »
>Sigh. "Just don't do it again, okay? Anyhow, I take it you study around this department?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2012, 11:27:03 PM »
>Sigh. "Just don't do it again, okay? Anyhow, I take it you study around this department?"

>"Yes! No. Sort of. Not exactly...." The girl trails off, the corners of her exhuberant smile giving way to puzzlement. There is a brief pause. "I help out!", she declares cheerfully, seemingly satisfied with this answer.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2012, 11:33:51 PM »
>"Well, you know anyone who can divine for a certain location I'm lookin' for? Tryin' to find a place that nobody really knows how to get to."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2012, 11:43:51 PM »
>"Well, you know anyone who can divine for a certain location I'm lookin' for? Tryin' to find a place that nobody really knows how to get to."

>"Oh, really?" she asks. "Where's that? -wait, silly question."

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 01:04:12 AM »
>Peppy, isn't she.
>Yay Kyouko! *glomp*
>Nod to the box. "Need a hand with that?"

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2012, 01:11:26 AM »
>Peppy, isn't she.
>Yay Kyouko! *glomp*
>Nod to the box. "Need a hand with that?"

>She is that, all right.
>You glomp the large box interposed between Kyouko and yourself. It is pointy and unlovable.
>"I'm fine!" she replies, appealing not at all inconvenienced by the obvious shortness of her arms in comparison to the box she's holding with them. "And if you can tell me what you're looking for, I'll be happy to try and find you someone who can help with the where."

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2012, 01:17:33 AM »
>"Well, specifically, I was hoping to find a diviner here who could find the specific location of a specific plant."
>"Failing that, the location of an ancient youkai with an affinity for flowers, but that's more of a plan D, at this point."

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2012, 01:37:10 AM »
>"Well, specifically, I was hoping to find a diviner here who could find the specific location of a specific plant."
>"Failing that, the location of an ancient youkai with an affinity for flowers, but that's more of a plan D, at this point."

>"More of a plan D at this point? I guess A and B weren't any good either, then?" She gives you an encouraging smile. "Well, let's see if we can get C up and running, then! I don't really know very much about finding plants, but... how specific specific? Specific as in 'a purple daisy' specific or 'a purple daisy that was in my room yesterday until someone ran off with it' specific?"

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2012, 01:47:21 AM »
>Very peppy. Kinda like Lily from back west.
>"Specific as in name, description, environment, and a few medical applications. Several names, now that I think about it."
>Did we get a description of what the seed looks like, or just the flower?

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2012, 02:15:01 AM »
>Very peppy. Kinda like Lily from back west.
>"Specific as in name, description, environment, and a few medical applications. Several names, now that I think about it."
>Did we get a description of what the seed looks like, or just the flower?

>You sense a certain similarity there. Who knows what might have happen if they'd met each other? Perhaps in another world....
>"So that's... specific as in kind and not specific specific?" she asks.
>The tome in the library discussed only the plant itself, and you never inquired further about with Professor Bosqueverde.

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2012, 02:21:35 AM »
Nice touch, boss.

>"I... suppose so, yes."