Author Topic: Touhou Bitching/Whining Thread mk. 7  (Read 190383 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Bitching/Whining Thread mk. 7
« Reply #990 on: June 24, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
Wait, what? Rank in PCB? I haven't noticed anything like that. Also, i didn't die during the stage when i perfected them so it can't be that impossible.

Yes, like Krim said, Lyrica's opener is the only place where rank makes a substantial difference in PCB. On max rank, there's one added bullet that so happens to be right over the gap you normally squeeze through. It's not an impossible squeeze, but it's one that is very difficult and due to the stage's length (along with the possibility you don't make it through without dying) impossible to practice. It's because of this attack and Concerto Grosso shenanigans that I still haven't perfected the easiest stage 4 bosses in the series despite perfecting someone like Aya. :(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #991 on: June 24, 2010, 09:12:31 PM »
I get you. That's also part of the reason i only perfect bosses rather than the entire stage. It simply takes too long time. And the bosses are the only interesting thing about Touhou. (Good thing the stage:boss ratio is opposite of DDP)

But. Why do you insist on using Marisa then? Are you unable to play Reimu properly? I actually considered perfecting the Prismrivers as Marisa instead of Reimu but i found Reimu's 2nd non-spell to be harder than Marisa's 1st non-spell and because i find Reimu's movements more precise i choose her.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #992 on: June 24, 2010, 09:15:19 PM »
[17:12]   <theshim>   okay, there were enough bullets on screen going fast enough that I traded three boss summons with Chiyuri after I died
[17:12]   <theshim>   PoDD is retarded

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #993 on: June 24, 2010, 09:16:10 PM »
Reimu is too slow for my tastes in EoSD and PCB. Something about not being able to outrun bullets gets to me. Plus, isn't Lunasa's second non-spell notorious for being nigh-impossible?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #994 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:59 PM »
Plus, isn't Lunasa's second non-spell notorious for being nigh-impossible?

Not really :V

Not the only cap either. Done it several times.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #995 on: June 24, 2010, 10:34:47 PM »
I have a no-focus Reimu A capture of it in an old failed no-focus 1cc attempt.  It would have been the highlight of the run if I didn't deathborder Sumizome, giving me a chance at Resurrection Butterfly.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #996 on: June 24, 2010, 10:54:46 PM »
Well, that just supports the statement that it certainly isn't nigh-impossible.

Still... no-focus... you just have to do everything the odd way huh? Maybe i'll think of something nice to do with that attack. :/

nintendonut888

« Reply #997 on: June 25, 2010, 01:51:39 AM »
Everyone yells at me just because I made a rage thread a bit early. X(

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #998 on: June 25, 2010, 01:55:15 AM »
Then we make two more posts.

Even though I'm proud of 1cc'ing Lunatic....

What the hell Kaguya? No doubt that you've got impossible requests. Nothing Kanako has ('cept for VoWG and Source of Rains) compares to that.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #999 on: June 25, 2010, 02:01:01 AM »
Ephemerality 137 (lunatic)
Took me freaking #$&%$#^ 137 tries in a row to capture.

Now, we need one more post.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #1000 on: June 25, 2010, 02:07:25 AM »
And that's it.  Please don't be petty and make another post just because you can.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson