Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F  (Read 245391 times)

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2014, 04:17:10 AM »

This is beautiful

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2014, 02:58:19 PM »
I need those for my many tanks, you can still get wiped with those low defenses  :V

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »
She's level 175

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2014, 11:57:25 PM »
Speaking of Renko, I need to ask a few questions about her...

1. How powerful is her Galaxy Stop spell in terms of inflicting ailments on enemies?
2. When it says that Charge causes all allies to lose 33% of their health, does it mean taking 33% of their current HP, or taking the equivalent of 33% of their max HP from their current HP(I do not mean reducing the max HP by 33%)?
3. For that matter, does this HP draining effect affect only Renko's allies, or is Renko herself affected?
4. How viable is the use of Toxicologist for A. the sake of strengthening Galaxy Stop's effect, and B. for Renko in general, since the spells there should have a better damage formula than the one for Galaxy Stop itself and she herself possesses the Maintenance skill, which speaks for itself in terms of effect.

Reason for asking is that I'm writing something on the Touhou wiki as a sort of "advice" on how to best use Renko's abilities...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2014, 01:03:52 AM »
Wiki is missing a lot of information on what happens when you level up the skills.
I tested a skill, Prayer of Good Health, so far I think the additional effects are this:
Level 1 - Poison, Terror, post use gauge 3600
Level 2 - Paralysis
Level 3 - ???
Level 4 - Heavy
Level 5 - post use gauge 4800
I'm guessing level 3 heals Silence.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2014, 01:17:29 AM »
Speaking of Renko, I need to ask a few questions about her...

1. How powerful is her Galaxy Stop spell in terms of inflicting ailments on enemies?
2. When it says that Charge causes all allies to lose 33% of their health, does it mean taking 33% of their current HP, or taking the equivalent of 33% of their max HP from their current HP(I do not mean reducing the max HP by 33%)?
3. For that matter, does this HP draining effect affect only Renko's allies, or is Renko herself affected?
4. How viable is the use of Toxicologist for A. the sake of strengthening Galaxy Stop's effect, and B. for Renko in general, since the spells there should have a better damage formula than the one for Galaxy Stop itself and she herself possesses the Maintenance skill, which speaks for itself in terms of effect.

Reason for asking is that I'm writing something on the Touhou wiki as a sort of "advice" on how to best use Renko's abilities...

1. It's very powerful, if you give her toxicologist and a Reisen on the front line, she could do a good job of inflicting it on resisted foes.
2. It's 33% of your current HP, I think.
3. It affects everyone on the front line.
4. It's viable on her, though imo I prefer Healer or Enchanter Renko, especially since one of the passives of Enchanter heals allies who get buffed. There's also Strategist as well.

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2014, 04:20:16 AM »
So after extremely cheesing the Three Sacred Orbs (3 levels under the challenge level) with Yuyuko's Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana's DTH effect and killing the attack orb first turn... I'm punished with the 19F random encounters being a higher level than me. I'm not sure if I regret my decision or if I don't.

F19+ has very fast enemies, Post games is even faster.  This is the starting point of getting your stats to the same as your level or higher, optimizing your secondary classes, and using a good clearing/search party.  I barely used secondary classes until I got to the Orbs.

When I first got to F19, I just skipped most of the fights unless I needed the levels for some bosses, those buggers were annoying fast to deal with.
You can level up very fast when you are closer to the final boss, so no need to waste time with the trash fights unless you really need to.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2014, 04:24:00 AM »
Renko's magic is very low even considering Maintenance (as well as that she has no good reason not to be in a tank build) so there's not much point in giving her toxicologist for the sake of damage; and from there, is the small boost from Toxiciologist enough to really make a difference on Galaxy Stop's paralysis? I don't believe the class increases their accuracy. She's best off in a subclass to increase her support power than her ailments.  Enchanter as mentioned is great for significantly lowering the HP cost of Charge, along with increasing it's power, but other options are still worthy.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2014, 01:03:06 AM »
Sorry if I'm back tracking on games here but I remember someone talking about a save or something about having all the characters on LoT1. I was wondering where I can find this, I'm making a custom charagraph and I need the other cast to test the images. I'd very much appreciate this, I'm just getting to Cirno on my game so I have a long way to go.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2014, 01:39:36 AM »
Renko's magic is very low even considering Maintenance (as well as that she has no good reason not to be in a tank build) so there's not much point in giving her toxicologist for the sake of damage; and from there, is the small boost from Toxiciologist enough to really make a difference on Galaxy Stop's paralysis? I don't believe the class increases their accuracy. She's best off in a subclass to increase her support power than her ailments.  Enchanter as mentioned is great for significantly lowering the HP cost of Charge, along with increasing it's power, but other options are still worthy.

So, Toxicologist is not a viable subclass due to low MAG in spite of both Maintenance and her fast leveling rate? How odd. By that logic, she shouldn't bother with Healer either, since her ATT stat grows at the same rate as her MAG stat, unless the two together work out well enough with the healing spell on that subclass to make it worthwhile. In fact, any subclass that would make good use of either ATT or MAG stats for their spells would be pointless on Renko for that very reason.

And although Enchanter is an obvious choice for her due to the skills it has, I do wonder about a few of the other options that she has for subclasses(Magician, Pharmacologist, Diva)...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2014, 02:12:00 AM »
Sorry if I'm back tracking on games here but I remember someone talking about a save or something about having all the characters on LoT1. I was wondering where I can find this, I'm making a custom charagraph and I need the other cast to test the images. I'd very much appreciate this, I'm just getting to Cirno on my game so I have a long way to go.
I figured the easiest way would be to just upload my own save with all the characters. Here it is.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2014, 02:13:39 AM »
I figured the easiest way would be to just upload my own save with all the characters. Here it is.

Thank you! You have no idea how much this helps!

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2014, 06:03:43 AM »
So, Toxicologist is not a viable subclass due to low MAG in spite of both Maintenance and her fast leveling rate? How odd. By that logic, she shouldn't bother with Healer either, since her ATT stat grows at the same rate as her MAG stat, unless the two together work out well enough with the healing spell on that subclass to make it worthwhile. In fact, any subclass that would make good use of either ATT or MAG stats for their spells would be pointless on Renko for that very reason.

And although Enchanter is an obvious choice for her due to the skills it has, I do wonder about a few of the other options that she has for subclasses(Magician, Pharmacologist, Diva)...

You honestly don't need to be an offensive character to make good use of Toxicologist. Just look at Wriggle. And you don't need that much ATK/MAG to be able to make good use of the heals on Renko. It still heals for a good amount despite her low magic (If you saw my picture I get 10k MAG with 3x Grand Master Titles) I did some heals and it's good enough to heal for a good amount. There's also the fact that Renko is very fast with maintenance, so healer being bad on her wouldn't make sense. Healer is good on Aya because she's so fast, and Renko goes super fast too. That speed also helps with Toxicologist, you can move fast and do your thing.

Imo, Enchanter is still the best class for her though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2014, 06:53:12 AM »
Wriggle only really uses toxicologist because her poison infliction is her actual damage and there's not really anything else going for her but Team 9. Her spell that gets stronger with inflicted Poison would only be worth a use with a big team 9 boost, so for the most part, inflicting poison is the only job she has, and outside of Team 9 uses again there's not much reason to set her up for doing much else than being decently bulky. If you aren't having Team 9 active a lot than she isn't bulky enough to really be more than an offtank either, so setting her up for support is meh, even if she's got Poison Touch to synergize.

Wriggle's probably the only person I'd consider putting toxicologist on outside of just expanding Marisa's elemental options with a side of Sheer Force synergy. I never tested how strong the spells are but it'd probably be half-okay at least. It seems like a pretty meh subclass to me. Maybe someone who self-inflicts ailments would like Toxic Conversion? It's counterpart hexer has more relevance since it's much more worth using in tandem with Sheer Force (even if your choices of 'tanky' are Kogasa, Utsuho, and MND-Marisa; Kogasa has some tank synergy and pretty nice def though) and for Hina. Maybe it'd be worthwhile for Reisen to get a lil' boost but she's already got a lot of nice things to expand upon in other areas.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2014, 08:10:29 AM »
I did some testing on Yuyuko's enemy delay skills and it seems like it delays differently for different enemies. At least Ghastly Dream seems to delay differently. Ghostly Dream's Butterfly seems to delay fairly consistently.

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2014, 01:45:25 PM »
I did some testing on Yuyuko's enemy delay skills and it seems like it delays differently for different enemies. At least Ghastly Dream seems to delay differently. Ghostly Dream's Butterfly seems to delay fairly consistently.

Beyond the nerf for bosses?

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2014, 01:47:49 AM »
Is there a way to edit Akyuu's portrait in the charagraph for LoT1 or do you have to do it another way since she's a NPC of sorts?

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2014, 07:42:33 AM »
Beyond the nerf for bosses?

Don't know, haven't played previous versions.
I was using Ghastly Dream and I noticed the enemy counter was being set to different numbers for different enemies. So, I decided to test it.
I was using Yuyuko - Monk, and noticed this when she has Fast Dash.

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2014, 02:29:39 PM »
Don't know, haven't played previous versions.

No, I mean, her spells reduce the ATP by a smaller amount for bosses. Always have. Were you just noticing the difference on bosses vs regular enemies? Because that's expected and known.

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2014, 02:41:52 PM »
Is there a way to remove someone's subclass? I can't think of any. I don't exactly need it but it'd be good to know.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2014, 02:46:05 PM »
Perform a standard character reset at the library.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2014, 03:05:23 AM »
When you preform the skill reset, you DO NOT have to use a tomb of reincarnation. Remember this.

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2014, 12:45:05 PM »
No, I mean, her spells reduce the ATP by a smaller amount for bosses. Always have. Were you just noticing the difference on bosses vs regular enemies? Because that's expected and known.

No, regular enemy compared with other regular enemies. It is only Ghastly Dream that varies in delay power depending on what regular enemies you face. Ghostly Dream Butterfly does not seem to vary, at least I have not noticed it.

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2014, 01:56:15 PM »
Hey everyone, my game seems to have had a glitch just after I finished off the final boss. According to the wiki I should have gotten a nice item from it (the last sub-equip on page five), but it's not there. It also didn't drop any stat gems, and I'm not sure whether that's supposed to happen the first time you beat it or not. The enhanced bosses also don't seem to have appeared, they aren't showing up on the minimap like other bosses do in revealed areas. I'm guessing the game didn't correctly register that I've beaten him, although I am able to pass through the rocks that require
Spoiler:
"the Power of the Divine Sword"
to remove and achievement 94 is unlocked. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2014, 03:22:06 PM »
The one that drops that awesome item is the postgame final boss.
The enhanced bosses appear after you beat the boss rush somewhere around postgame 20F. If I remember correctly.
Signature

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2014, 03:32:53 PM »
Ah. I guess I'll need to grind for battle points and finish recruiting then. Well, thanks for the help!

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »
Ah. I guess I'll need to grind for battle points and finish recruiting then. Well, thanks for the help!
You can already fight the normal Boss rush and that will unlock the enhanced bosses when you finish it. 

« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2014, 01:04:22 AM »
Hey everyone, my game seems to have had a glitch just after I finished off the final boss. According to the wiki I should have gotten a nice item from it (the last sub-equip on page five), but it's not there. It also didn't drop any stat gems, and I'm not sure whether that's supposed to happen the first time you beat it or not. The enhanced bosses also don't seem to have appeared, they aren't showing up on the minimap like other bosses do in revealed areas. I'm guessing the game didn't correctly register that I've beaten him, although I am able to pass through the rocks that require
Spoiler:
"the Power of the Divine Sword"
to remove and achievement 94 is unlocked. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

The last item on Page 5 is from the Enhanced Last Boss, and to fight Enhanced bosses you have to beat the boss rush which is to the upper right side of the last boss in the depths. There was a stone blocking the path that you could not pass before, you should now be able too pass it now.  You might need to recruit more characters if you still can't pass.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:06:59 AM by Spiffspoo »

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »
Does anyone know how many achievements you need to get the item behind the rock on 20F east? I can see the 8 but the number is cut off.

Also after having fully explored 19F and 20F so far I have do grind billions of levels... gonna be very exciting.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »
Also after having fully explored 19F and 20F so far I have do grind billions of levels... gonna be very exciting.

Yay my favorite part about RPGs, I like grinding but if there is a way to speed it up with skill or something I'd prefer to do that.