Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 257056 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »
I captured Keine's General Headquarter Crisis 7 times... in 10 tries. After watching a lot of replays i see some people cheesing it by going to the right/left corner of the screen. Not only does that look quite wimpy but it also takes forever to do that. I wonder why people do that anyway, its probably one of her easier spellcards though i wouldn't stake too much there.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2009, 10:18:09 PM »
two days ago i 1ccd PCB easy
yesterday I got to Kanako 4 times on MoF normal
today i got to Yuyuko on PCB normal :s

i suck :(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2009, 10:21:07 PM »
It didn't crash this time! Hooray! It's (feels like it's) getting easier the more times I do it. And I slightly (oh so very slightly) beat my first 1cc score.

C'mon 'nut! If I can do it, so can you!

As an aside note, credits to anybody who can survive LLS Stage 5 pre-boss waves on Lunatic (I don't think rank affects it?).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:27:34 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2009, 10:32:47 PM »
Durrr... http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3823

So, out of curiosity... does it still count as a perfect stage run if I failed Keine's last spell right at the end?  :V

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2009, 10:42:45 PM »
Spring Kyoto - Not sure, again. This could be static. The circle shape is static, but I'm not sure about the direction they go off in. It seems pretty much the same every time.

Not quite.  I believe the card is actually aimed, but that the tight dodging causes you to tend toward the same movements every time, making a faux-static pattern.  I noticed this when I failed a no death/no bomb run of Stage 3 on Kyoto Dolls because I got greedy and started the card by shotgunning Alice because I thought it was static.  I ended up dying because something in the pattern changed and threw off my somewhat memorized dodging.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/Krimsun_Munkey/1-1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/Krimsun_Munkey/2.jpg

The above pictures are images of two different runs of Kyoto Dolls, viewed through Camtasia to get them at as close to the exact same moment as possible.  Image 1 began with shotgunning, image 2 began with me cowering at the bottom of the screen.  Note that the difference from one to the other is the angle of the bullets relative to Alice.  It's the same pattern, but fired off in a slightly (but noticeably) different direction.

So the card isn't static.  Assuming it is indeed aimed (as opposed to random), this won't really matter and you can pretend it's static for 95% of runs.  It's when you assume it's static and change up your strategy because you -think- you know what you're doing when you get yourself into trouble.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2009, 10:54:30 PM »
Spring Kyoto - Not sure, again. This could be static. The circle shape is static, but I'm not sure about the direction they go off in. It seems pretty much the same every time.

Not quite.  I believe the card is actually aimed, but that the tight dodging causes you to tend toward the same movements every time, making a faux-static pattern.

Yeah, it's aimed. Over time, I began adopting the same movements I used from previous runs, and soon enough, it became pretty trivial. Think something along the lines of SA Stage 4's streaming section.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2009, 11:09:45 PM »
Cool times, and thanks guys. Glad to have the confirmed.
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2009, 11:14:21 PM »
Damn... I think I've hit a bit of a wall. EoSD Lunatic 1cc seems to be going nowhere fast... I keep making really stupid mistakes on Cirno and Meiling and not having enough lives to finish the rest. <_<
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2009, 12:00:11 AM »
I could get used to this.

How do you survive the "Balls of Death" (3rd Phase)? I clip even using the other two shot types, and it takes far too long to get through because you need to be on the side for about 70% of the time.
Found it out myself. Uploading~

Survived with the Spread Type. Now an awesome challenge for me is to survive without double-tap nonsense.
<>

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2009, 12:08:42 AM »
I could get used to this.

How do you survive the "Balls of Death" (3rd Phase)? I clip even using the other two shot types, and it takes far too long to get through because you need to be on the side for about 70% of the time.
Found it out myself. Uploading~

Survived with the Spread Type. Now an awesome challenge for me is to survive without double-tap nonsense.

Good luck. The reason I loathe Evil Eye Sigma's fight (though I've now accepted the tank himself to be fucking awesome) is because I beat him without knowing about the rapid fire. It took about 20 days of straight playing, and most of those never passed his second phase (keep in mind I was also less skilled back then).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2009, 03:18:01 AM »
I just beat MoF in a 1cc on Easy. xD
Dunno if you could call that an accomplishment, but I've never played it on easy.

I almost managed to make a perfect run of it, but after Sanae butchered me like usual, I just gave up on that and just beat it instead.

Though I gotta say that I really don't like that ending. =_=
Here's the replay if anyone wants it:
http://moonsoul.net/wp/touhou/replays/mof/%5b090710%5dSai_ReimuA_1CC_Clear_Easy_th10_10.rpy
Just rename it and stash it in the replay folder.
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2009, 05:09:21 AM »
All IN last words unlocked. Shazam.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2009, 06:06:38 AM »
Forgot to mention for a while:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPDhZ_5lG4w

The SoEW Extra Clear, with "Movement Type" as it would be called. It's not that bad with double-tap. Hell, I would say that the entire game was designed with reliance on double-tap in mind. I don't see a way that it should be possible to clear off the stage portion of Extra (with minimal deaths, or reaching Max Power) without double-tapping, particularly when the wave of "blobs" start filling your screen.

Also, that's SoEW Extra cleared with all 3 shot types. Now what shot type should I use for the "added handicap" of no double-tapping? I'm leaning towards "Defense Type" (or even "Movement Type"; won't hurt if I try), after failing several times with "Attack Type" because I wasn't moving fast enough.
<>

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2009, 06:33:17 AM »
In all aspects of the game, I think Reimu B is the best one.

Also, if I get really masochistic I should try 1ccing SoEW lunatic without the double tap. I managed it for hard mode, so I could probably do it for lunatic as well. Still, it's not exactly something I've ever gone back to once I discovered rapid fire and discovered that ZUN stated to do it in the manual.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2009, 07:37:21 AM »
In all aspects of the game, I think Reimu B is the best one.
Fair enough.

...I think I just found out how to perfect IN Tewi on Lunatic.

Oh wow, that's interesting.

Also, I appear to be out of practice for Reisen.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 07:42:24 AM by BaitySM »
<>

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2009, 08:12:32 AM »
I managed a surprising no-focus cap of Sumizome Perfect Blossom -Seal- just now.

I think it was also an no-focus Easy 1cc (despite my absolutely horrible deathbombing skills), but I can't for the life of me remember if I've [actually focused] during the other stages.

Replay to come once I've reviewed the damn thing.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Nuclear Fusion