Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments  (Read 282487 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou Accomplishments
« Reply #960 on: June 29, 2009, 05:18:22 AM »
You...what? You all but beat her on your first try?

Slicing my wrists is not enough. brb getting saw.

But that's her suicide laser. So you basically got hit by her "IF I GO DOWN I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME!" attack. :P
Don't cut yourself  ;_;

Not my first try, but within my 10th. So... I game over'd on her self-destruct phase... great.

Oh well, ran again and got a clear (just then) then with 1 life remaining.
With the "Defense" shot type.

EDIT: ...my hand hurts.

EDIT 2: Whew, that was a nice puzzle. I actually like the SoEW Extra stage. EES can go blow up like the Flower Tank though.

EDIT 3: Do I dare try to clear with the worst shot type? i.e. the Spread shot type.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 05:29:33 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Drake

« Reply #961 on: June 29, 2009, 05:25:49 AM »
I can get to Satori on Normal without Right. Although, I think my extent will be midboss Orin, as anything after that is just a barrel of deaths or spastic bombing. I want to do more, but I just can't.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #962 on: June 30, 2009, 12:45:08 AM »
Damn... progress on EoSD Lunatic is slow. >_< I didn't realise how big the jump from Hard to Lunatic would be, especially at Remilia. I've reached her a few times, but man... I get completely slaughtered. I mean, I can barely clear stage 6 lunatic on practice mode. I guess I just need to practice bomb management and, well, get better at dodging things. <_<

Also, as a random side note, is it just me or is the whole rank system much more visible on Lunatic than any of the other difficulties? I never really noticed it before on Normal or Hard, but it really shows now, especially on things like Emerald Megalith. The bullets became noticably slower after a death on that card, and it went from hellish to not that bad (still died to it again though on that run <_____<).
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #963 on: June 30, 2009, 01:48:22 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3743

Most definitely the best EoSD extra run I've ever done. I bombed twice on the stage (death fairy and Philosopher's Stone augh), but I proceeded to only die once on Flandre (on Catadioptric), and only bombed once on Starbow Break. I captured 10 spell cards overall, including Q.E.D, ending 3/3. I don't particularly care about beating this stage no deaths, but this certainly proves that it's possible~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #964 on: June 30, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »
Hey, IN lunatic 1cc.

Absolutely TERRIBLE run with embarrassing deaths everywhere, but after my last... heartbreaking attempt, I'm just glad to have gotten this over with.  And with that I've now beaten all the one player Touhou lunatics!  :D 

...Eh?  What's that you say?  Story of Eastern what?  I don't know what you're talking about.  :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #965 on: June 30, 2009, 09:39:25 PM »
Go ahead and stay away from it. At this point, it's all I have left in the way of unique accomplishments. ;_; Well, I guess HRtP lunatic is pretty cool.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #966 on: June 30, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »
Not sure if it's really an accomplishment, but I dodged three waves in a row of "Loafing Sign - Idling Wave" on Normal, with the Magic Team, no-focus, no-horizontal.

It's mostly luck, as you have to go full speed in a wall of 10 bullets and hope nothing hits you, but it's a nice time-waster.

EDIT : Great. Now I'm 0/169 on this spellcard.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:30:20 PM by Generalguy »
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #967 on: July 01, 2009, 05:34:02 AM »
Oh, hey there.

Could have been a 1LC, but no, Yumemi had to be a bitch and spam me with crosses and flames at the same time.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #968 on: July 01, 2009, 08:54:03 AM »
Sup Guys ^_^ I have an accomplishment to Share!
Right there http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3740

I was playign IN and tryin to capture Kaguya's 4th Imperishable Night's End. and i SAT in the MIDDLE of the spell and got out! The timing for that is really small and very hard to pull off haha. took me 157 tries to do it. I realized though that i did it on normal. I'ma try lunatic later to see if i can pull that one off too!
I was REALLY excited pulling it off.
i went inside because as i was doing the spell a few times trying to capture it i noticed that there is a significantly big space in the center. i thought " I wonder if you can sit there and be safe?"  *goes inside and  doesn't get hit* OH SHIT AWESOME! *gets hit by red bullets* awww...i wonder if i can get OUT quickly enough and beat it? *takes 157 tries* YESSSS!!!
I guess this is a stunt replay. Not used to doing stunts but i was playing around with it and trying to get the win that way. Enjoy mates ^_^ i wonder if you guys can pull it off too? or better?  ;)
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #969 on: July 01, 2009, 10:14:06 PM »
...I think I just found a "method" to capture "Bury In Lake" consistently. Even under random boss movement. There isn't much of a method to begin with though.

And one "Emerald Megalith", not at Max Rank, but not at Base Rank either. I will admit that the Spell Card went easy (or rather, easier) on me though. Now if I could just reach it at Max, and go for a capture... that would be interesting.

...Damn, that would've been a perfect Boss run, if I didn't have to bomb Water Elf because I wanted to avoid timeout.
<>

Drake

« Reply #970 on: July 02, 2009, 12:18:35 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3758

This is by far the best run I've done so far until Stage 5. Including awesome score.

And then I lose all six lives doing incredibly stupid things.

Fuck you MoF.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #971 on: July 02, 2009, 07:31:14 AM »
I have...

-"Rings of Death" capture! No replay... I might as well try to time it out now. For that reason. If I didn't prioritize scoring instead of general survival, I would've gotten a 1LC. "Imperishable Shooting" is still giving me nightmares though, even though it's entirely static.
-"Galaxy in a Pot" timeout (Lunatic). Not too special. Though, it's fun.
-"Brilliant Dragon Bullet" theorized completely. Consistent capturing at ~70%.
-"Salamander Shield" no horizontal capture. Easy enough, until timeout is brought into it. I'm quite positive no focus is also positive.

The other Cards aren't unlocked, so they'll have to wait I suppose. Although, they're not that interesting since everybody should know how to do them by now.

And no, I'm not going to 1cc IN Lunatic at this very moment, because I'm out of practice for IN. I'm "out of practice" to the point where I fail Stage 3 horribly.
<>

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #972 on: July 02, 2009, 07:34:55 AM »
I recently started playing the "old" touhou games and I have unlocked Extra stage in Mystic Square after mine second try~. But the extra stage is really damn hard.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #973 on: July 02, 2009, 07:52:05 AM »
"Imperishable Shooting" is still giving me nightmares though, even though it's entirely static.

In my experience, Imperishable Shooting isn't static.  You learn this when you get desperate for capturing the spell card, say "fuck this" and try to learn safespots outside the various rings such that you'll pass through as the rings expand off-screen.  Try it.  Stay outside the first ring, and experiment with positioning until you randomly survive a wave (perhaps using the Human/Youkai meter as a form of measurement for your position).  Then retry the card and sit in the same spot.  It won't always work, therefore, the card isn't static.

Edit for a little more substantial proof:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/Krimsun_Munkey/th082009-07-0201-25-54-75.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/Krimsun_Munkey/th082009-07-0201-26-28-66.jpg

The above are images of the beginning of the fourth phase, with the five circles that appear one at a time.  The peaks of expansion are indicated by the bullets whose sprites aren't overlapped by anything else, and their locations stick out like a sore thumb.  The directions in which the ring will expand are clearly different in the two scenarios.  Not static.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:31:50 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #974 on: July 02, 2009, 08:22:50 AM »

In my experience, Imperishable Shooting isn't static.  You learn this when you get desperate for capturing the spell card, say "fuck this" and try to learn safespots outside the various rings such that you'll pass through as the rings expand off-screen.  Try it.  Stay outside the first ring, and experiment with positioning until you randomly survive a wave (perhaps using the Human/Youkai meter as a form of measurement for your position).  Then retry the card and sit in the same spot.  It won't always work, therefore, the card isn't static.
yeah....sadly i can say as well it aint static ._. i'm trying it for the 50+ time so far tryin to capture it. i can't get past the 4th iteration (set of waves) at the moment at all. and i dare say its not stati for those 4 waves at least....its such a hard patient one. But anyway why do you say its static? got some sort of idea?
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #975 on: July 02, 2009, 08:39:41 AM »
Well, I'll be damned. It always looked static to me.

Maybe it's because I've used the same set of movements every time, and always end up in the same spots, performing the same wall jumps, etc. Like a standard flow. Never really noticed.

In other news, I survived the "Rings of Death" for a substantial 18 seconds. Definitely a record.

EDIT: cleared more scenes in StB. Working my way up very slowly... Maybe I shouldn't prioritize score  >_>
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:45:13 AM by BaitySM »
<>

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #976 on: July 02, 2009, 12:20:23 PM »
Jumping towards the PC-98 bandwagon but missing by a few inches, I managed to record a (sorta laggy) Hard/Lunatic run of Story of Eastern Wind, the SoEW remake/update.  A couple of things make it easier - focusing and item-auto-collect exist - but bombing is a bit weaker, I think.  A couple odd things about the game have been noted; one of which is that although it says "Normal" and "Hard" as the only difficulty settings for the main game, Hard is actually Lunatic difficulty.  And second, unlike every other Touhou game and fangame out there, if the game drops below 60 FPS, it still moves at full speed - which ramps up difficulty further when it's tough to gauge proper speed.  It also does odd things to Meira's Momizi's slash patterns for reasons I can't even begin to understand, and to the credits...

Regardless, I'm uploading it onto YouTube, starting with This Video, and there's already a full Normal Mode run as Sanae (TIMELINE CONSISTENCY WUT?) if you wanna see Marisa and Mima's fight updated, as I haven't fully uploaded everything as of this post.  Next I have to brace myself and go after the game's two (!) Extra Stages... both of which are bull.

Drake

« Reply #977 on: July 02, 2009, 09:41:13 PM »
I found a lol way to dodge Tengu Fall Wind.

In other words I TAS'd the Aya fight but it ended up really shitty so I'm not posting it.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #978 on: July 02, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »
I performed 2 perfect deathbombs in a single IN Stage Practice. Not sure if the "perfect" window is extended for the Border Team though.

Either way, that's shows you that my reflexes are getting better to some degree.

I'm going to start recording LLS Lunatic now. Pray that I can do Yuka's Final Phase with MarisaB.

EDIT: And after, Stage 4 EoSD Lunatic.

Current Status:

Done LLS. Started Reimu with 8 lives, 0 bombs, and died 3 times.
Finished 3/1

The video capturing for EoSD Lunatic Stage 4 lagged several times due to the number of bullets on screen.

...and I had an awesome run going as well. Apart from being smacked by a laser, a clipdeath (not a wall) on "Bury in Lake", it was fine. Though, it did mean that I didn't take on "Emerald Megalith" at Max Rank.

I might have to down the graphics a bit or something.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 01:25:43 AM by BaitySM »
<>

« Reply #979 on: July 03, 2009, 12:06:15 AM »
Captured Loafing Sign - Idling Wave on Normal with the Magic Team, No-Focus, No-Horizontal, on my 856th try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHa2fsZ91Ns
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Yukkuri

« Reply #980 on: July 03, 2009, 01:59:09 AM »
First time I beat Mokou.

nintendonut888

« Reply #981 on: July 03, 2009, 07:23:55 AM »

PoDD lunatic 2cc. I lost to Chiyuri (first time reaching her on lunatic though), but won on my second continue without breaking a sweat. Maybe it was a fluke...but maybe it's not. Either way, this gives me a (foolishly) renewed sense of hope.

But I wish more than one person was trying this. The only two people I know who have 1cc'd PoDD lunatic, much less seriously attempted it are Trancehime and Ruro.

EDIT: Actually... Hey Baity, do you think your spell card theory could apply to PoDD? *makes puppy eyes* There's a number of attacks where if I knew how they worked my chances of survival would increase exponentially.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:01:29 AM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #982 on: July 03, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »
This is more a personal accomplishment than anything else, but here goes  :P

Lunatic PCB default lives 1CC as Reimu B.  Nothing too special about that, except for the fact that I haven't played PCB in forever and the only lunatic clear of it was a max lives bombspam run as SakuyaB.  It's just kind of proof of how much better I've gotten, where I can waltz through what I used to think was impossible.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #983 on: July 03, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »
EDIT: Actually... Hey Baity, do you think your spell card theory could apply to PoDD? *makes puppy eyes* There's a number of attacks where if I knew how they worked my chances of survival would increase exponentially.
Tried once with a small amount of success, because everything was flying everywhere. Regardless, I'll try it again; just point out the ones you wish to know about, and I'll see if something insightful occurs to me. I'll be recording a few matches here and there this time as well. Which is something I should probably do every time from now on.

Oh, and a tip on Stage 6 LLS Hard / Lunatic, Yuka's Final Phase:
Use diagonal movement at the bottom of the screen to fit between the spaces. That's how I managed to fit between the spaces 3-4 times before bombing. Trying to fit between the ridiculously small spaces and reading the waves simultaneously is still difficult unfortunately.

Also, I think I just found out how to deal with Stage 5 LLS Hard / Lunatic, Yuka's Final Phase. Going to test it in between theorizing PoDD tomorrow.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #984 on: July 03, 2009, 07:43:53 PM »
In particular, there are three things I wish to know: Reimu's level 2/3 spell, Mima's level 2/3 spell, and Chiyuri's boss attack.

EDIT: I'd like to thank Azinth for his unintentional tip about the second half of EoSD stage 5. I had never noticed that 95% of the bullets are aimed away from you, and the entire second half is now trivial.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:53:50 PM by nintendonut888 »

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #985 on: July 03, 2009, 10:40:19 PM »
Yay, I beat Mokou for the first time. Comments are in the download page ~.~

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3771

I totally screw up Possessed by Phoenix in this; usually I do it fine and can't survive the blue bullet barrage anyway. The precision you need to move down that slow and still not get hit is... kind of ridiculous. ^^;

Not a spectacular clear, but hey, it's a clear.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #986 on: July 03, 2009, 11:05:39 PM »
Yay, I beat Mokou for the first time. Comments are in the download page ~.~

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3771

I totally screw up Possessed by Phoenix in this; usually I do it fine and can't survive the blue bullet barrage anyway. The precision you need to move down that slow and still not get hit is... kind of ridiculous. ^^;

Not a spectacular clear, but hey, it's a clear.

Yeah i can't move down and slowly either. I just move in circles around the edges and move inbetween the slow moving bullets ahead of me and avoid the ones behind me easily enough. I never could stay someplace and move super slowly haha. just wasn't happening.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #987 on: July 03, 2009, 11:29:16 PM »
EDIT: I'd like to thank Azinth for his unintentional tip about the second half of EoSD stage 5. I had never noticed that 95% of the bullets are aimed away from you, and the entire second half is now trivial.
You didn't know? >_>

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #988 on: July 04, 2009, 12:55:26 AM »
In particular, there are three things I wish to know: Reimu's level 2/3 spell, Mima's level 2/3 spell, and Chiyuri's boss attack.
Reimu's is aimed with a randomness factor (the orbs are aimed in your general direction in other words). I also found that it also generally tends to stay symmetrical if you're right in the center though. There isn't much else to this unfortunately.

Mima's is an entirely different case. As you may have noted, it fires from one corner. But, there are two distinct waves within it; circles and lines. It is most notable when the attack has just finished launching, like this:

Yellow marks circles. Red marks the lines. White cross marks the casting point (which appears to be random, not entirely sure). As Rank increase, the lines become closer to the first (outermost) circle.

Chiyuri's Boss Attack is... random. Very random. Except for the one where she shoots snowballs back and forth in a zig-zag-like pattern. A "safe zone" (not safespot) occurs in all positions diagonal relative to her position. In short; circles, more circles, random parallel (to some degree) cross-shaped walls. That's all I can see at this point.

The question is, how to deal with these? It is something I'm still looking at and testing.

Regardless, I do hope that helps.

LLS Lunatic run fully uploaded. Now waiting for processing.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #989 on: July 04, 2009, 05:26:58 AM »
Knowing how Mima's level 2/3 spell is formed actually helps immensely, thanks. New request: Yumemi's Shinki-esque wall spam during her boss attack.

Speaking of:

I reached Yumemi on my first continue, even with a life to spare. To my dismay though, she would not go down on that or any subsequent continues. ;_;