Author Topic: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread)  (Read 67016 times)

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
Re: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »
Yeah, sorry for not posting. I couldn't really think of anything before yesterday and all I had on my mind yesterday was DotS... :blush:

But yeah, I agree with Pesco's idea, it would definitely increase participation since some people rely on others for the plan (Which I seem to be becoming on of) so they really can't do anything until they are told what to do.

Now I got to read up on Mafia....

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2011, 04:42:37 PM »
Looks like the game died as far as I can see. That's too bad. Will you continue this game or will it be dropped altogether?
I hope it'll continue since it looked like fun and I would've been prepared to see it through till the end, and I think there are others who think of it the same way.

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
Well, I'd like to see it continue, but it looks like most the players have given up. Or at least fail to report in.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2011, 08:59:57 PM »
hmm... how else still needs to report..? I don't think having waiting for "them" to show up is going to convince them to be active. On another hand... who are "them" really?

AMZYoshio

« Reply #274 on: March 13, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »
Quick list I threw together:

Reported:

Schezo
Shim (dropping)
Sophilia (dropping)
Pesco
Lem (Contacted me personally)
Doll
Berzul

Failed to report:

Hourai
Gumba
Herasy
PX
Sacchi

However, the people who DID report was over a string of several days, instead of the one or two it should be more like. That, and considering shim and Sophilia feel like dropping, that lowers the player count by two, and is almost as good as having 2 not be here. In addition, Sacchi has been pretty inactive for the most part, for whatever reasons, which again lowers the player activities. So, as far as I'm concerned, over half of you (the people who haven't reported plus the people who are dropping) aren't really playing anymore, which kinda kills things.

Like I said before, I'm willing to continue, but either we're going to have to ramp up our participation, do some mass kickings and keep the player group smaller, or some other method I've yet to think of or be told.

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »
I'd propose giving everyone 24 hours to respond, to see who is still playing.
If that's too short maybe 48 hours, but as you said before you'd like everyone to make their turn within 24 hours.

Just throwing this out there. Don't mind me. :P

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2011, 10:54:09 PM »
Hourai should be around since he's dead in mafia now :V.

Same with PX actually

« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »
I blame mod miscount. :V

But yeah, I am going to drop unfortunately.
It's not you, it's me. The setup and planning for this is great and everything, but I feel that this isn't the way the game is played. FE feels more like a fast-paced game to me. If we could arrange IRC discussion sessions where we could throw out ideas, then maybe. But I do feel that my spot would be better suited for someone else for the time being.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2011, 02:29:49 AM »
Yeah, the set up and the planning is great, but the execution just doesn't work. However, unlike Hourai, I'll stay in.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2011, 10:04:51 AM »
I'm still in, I just haven't really been posting much because of DotS and some commitment elsewhere. Also school.

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2011, 01:41:05 PM »
My apologies for having been gone for a while - I expected to have time this weekend to check the internet for several things but then I couldn't stop watching the news  :ohdear:

So yeah, you can still count me in, was just occupied with lots of school papers recently  :(

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

AMZYoshio

« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2011, 06:16:14 PM »
So, if I have this right:

People who still are playing:
Schezo
Pesco
Lem
Doll
Berzul
Gumba
PX
Sacchi

People dropping:
Shim
Sophilia
Hourai

And still haven't heard from Herasy, so as far as I know, that's another dead player. That drops us down to 8 out of 12...not a terrible ratio, but it brings the question: Do we fill the slots? When I say that, I mean do I look for more players before continuing on, or do we keep things as they are and just pool people's characters together and have everyone work on plans together? I personally liked the 1 player 1 character rule, because it means you guys actually have to work as a team instead of just collaborating as if you were all generals, but at this point, either way works, mainly due to keeping everyone coordinated has been proving a problem.

Also, if I do continue this, either way, I really do expect you guys to stay on top of things, or at least give an excuse as to why you aren't. Just kinda going silent for days on end isn't real nice. And I know it only takes a few minutes to pop into the forum and send out a message, or to pop into IRC, or -something-. If need be, copy down my email and use your phone to send me something, I dunno, just SOME notice would be nice.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #282 on: March 14, 2011, 06:48:09 PM »
Can I haz ur numbah? :V

Herasy

« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »
I'm still here, I just haven't found any reason to post anything other than to announce the fact that I am still watching this game.

I mean sure I could post a plan or something but this is starting to become less and less a team based game and more a follow the one suitable plan someone posted and hope for the best...game.
That and I kind of lose motivation to post after I have moved Kogasa, but that's just me I guess!

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »
Yeah, we really need to sort it out of how we're going to do it as a team, while following orders are good, it's just too, I don't know, droney I guess. We could also implement some role playing like Pesco suggested....maybe have conflict amoung the characters?

AMZYoshio

« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2011, 09:45:09 PM »
Well I'm trying to think of something, and I'm having a hard time to think of specifics. It sounds good to hear "maybe roleplaying elements", but we'd need to iron out what these things would mean. I was going to add supports in soon (very soon) via a story element, but I don't know how much that'd keep you interested (probably not too much).

So any suggestions, please, do tell.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #286 on: March 15, 2011, 04:43:59 AM »
I meant roleplaying as in putting some flavour into your actions and fluffing posts. It'd keep the game from simply being about number crunching.

From Yoshio's end, perhaps you can reward good posting with some bonus % to stuff like hits.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #287 on: March 15, 2011, 04:58:48 AM »
That'd hardly be fair to the difficulty though, don't want the game to be TOO easy (as far as the extra % goes). Besides, I have been (Secrelty) been mostly fair (if not unfair to the enemies) as it is, by directing enemies away from epically screwing you guys, or ignoring the 1% difference between a hit or miss if you have like 90+% sometimes.

I will be adding supports though, and perhaps some more story elements into each map as so it's not just "kill all enemies". Fair?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #288 on: March 15, 2011, 06:16:37 AM »
I've been looking forward to the Supports for some time now, I'm more concerned about people making their moves and deciding on something so we can keep going. I've noticed the battles haven't been making much progress as of late, and it's apparently become difficult for us to get together on IRC (really?), so I suggest this (mostly because I haven't been participating lately myself): if the tacticians have one or more plans we can't decide on, you should contact me and I'll look over them. That should help us make some progress at least.