Author Topic: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread)  (Read 67585 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread) (PLAYERS NEEDED, LOOK HERE)
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2011, 05:05:30 AM »
Give me a day to think about it. Still annoyed for getting banned/unfunnied over trivial matters.

This isn't the place to complain about the grounds of your probation. You should have taken it up to the Courtroom if you consider racism a 'trivial matter'. AMZ is still giving you a chance to stay, so just let it be.

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
Re: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread) (PLAYERS NEEDED, LOOK HERE)
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »
Sup, I'm the new one here, was invited by someone (I just forgot what the user's acc here was  :V )

I heard there is a Rumia spot open?

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2011, 02:47:02 PM »
And you heard correctly. Read through the rules n stuff (mainly the first post if you didn't already), and see if you wanna play, otherwise welcome, etc.etc.

HyperGumba

« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »
Studied the FE combat system and the rules a few hours ago and it looks doable for me, even though some things will need some time for memorization... in other words, if you guys are okay with me, you now earned yourself a Rumia  :3

Btw, I need to be honest about this before complications and such things occur, but I just wanted to ask if it would matter much if I lived in an inconvenient timezone...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:33:48 PM by HyperGumba »

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

AMZYoshio

« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »
Well not super much, just don't be GONE. I don't expect you (or anyone else really) to fill a page in 10 minutes of heated debate. It's more of the concept of not doing ANYTHING.

But yeah, I'll stick you in as Rumia. Welcome to our screwed up Gensokyo, please place your sanity into the bins provided to the side, make sure that all loose or long hair is tied up or at least adorned with an accessory or hat, and have a wonderful trip.

Oh, and sorry Baka. Rules are rules.

HyperGumba

« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2011, 07:31:28 PM »
It's not like I had a real life in the first place, so you won't get rid of me that easily  :derp:

And thanks! Is there some specific time when I can drop into action or can I already take part in the plotting? I saw that someone already made a suggestion about my next move and I am curretly rethinking it.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #246 on: February 10, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »
Well since I didn't do out any moves yet, go right on ahead with your suggestions to people.

Which, by the way, brings me to another point that I've seen (this is to everone): Just because you put a >DO MOVE doesn't mean it HAS to be done - if somebody argues against you, and I've yet to actually roll out the stats and update stuff, it IS in the rules that you can say >NEVERMIND or something like that, then opt for a different plan.

Example: You want to kill an enemy while you have 1 health left. Person B says "Don't do that, that's stupid, come back for heals". You think "Wow, crap, they're right", and undo your move so you can has heals.

Example 2: Same sceneario above, but instead you go "NAH, I GOT THIS~".

« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2011, 01:25:45 AM »
This isn't the place to complain about the grounds of your probation. You should have taken it up to the Courtroom if you consider racism a 'trivial matter'. AMZ is still giving you a chance to stay, so just let it be.

I thought only bans were able to be posted in the Courtroom last time I remembered. I wasn't complaining, just stating why I wanted the day to think about it.

@AMZ: Oh well, it was fun. I was thinking of picking Meiling but I'm not too up for it.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2011, 07:15:31 AM »
Yoshio I think the signs are clear. It's a great idea to run games like this but it ultimately comes down to somehow getting all the players together and participating. I suggest closing the players slots to 3 or 4 for the next time no matter how many controllable characters there are.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:37 PM »
Yeah....then again, it's one player (supposedly), so we're only half at a loss. (Also, I expected only about 8 people to show up in the first place, the basically instant 12 suprised me.)

I'll be doing out shim's move when I get home from school, I've been half busy with finishing up AP Computer Science and half busy with waiting for a Meiling. I'll just say screw it and let you guys decide her fate.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2011, 02:35:45 AM »
Vote +1 str no contest. I can't tell you how many of my plans have been shot to pieces because we were lacking the 1 or 2 extra power to kill an enemy.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2011, 03:46:07 AM »
I dunno, I figured instead of giving an enemy +1 str, they'd get +1def, like in the sense that they have more skill with their weapon, so they'd be able to parry your blow better or something.

Musta been on crack.

I'll let you guys petition to change it to the enemies get +1 str if you really want, makes no difference to me. Please do so in the discussion thread though.

Also, the enemies have a D rank since it says on the first page. It's in their stats.

I understand where your coming from for the one +1 def for better skill a weapon but I don't think it'll quite work for a melee/bow against magic if your going for realism....

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2011, 04:22:57 AM »
Same.  I can understand the thought behind +1 def, but affecting resistance too...doesn't really work.  I vote +1 damage instead.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2011, 04:25:04 AM »
Indeed. The little bit of balancing would help a lot with making better strategies.
##Vote: +1 damage

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2011, 06:02:12 AM »
I don't mind the def vs. str thing too much really, but yeah, like they said, having physical classes be protected against magic and vice versa with weapon rank really doesn't make that much sense.  Fix that, at least.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2011, 09:42:18 AM »
Vote for +1 damage seeing as we milk initiative for all its worth.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »
(Edit: Wtf, I didn't press save.)

I'm voting for str +1 as well. Since I like to kill before I'm killed  :V

Herasy

« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2011, 03:31:13 AM »
go go str +1

AMZYoshio

« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2011, 05:04:02 AM »
I think that's enough votes. That's 8/12 of us voting +1str, I think it's safe to say that's what you guys want.

I'll be uploading it shortly, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2011, 05:05:45 PM »
As you may excepted, I would like to apply for a Slot in this community game. I am familiar with how FE works.

On another note I could try transform the current map, with Maptools, just for initial movement testing, and attack chances, something that would work like this... http://www.antimatterzone.com/generatoropen.htm

AMZYoshio

« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2011, 09:00:50 PM »
Well your slot would be Meiling, a Fighter, her stats and details listed out on the first page of the game thread. Also, although you might be familiar with FE, some of the things are changed a bit, e.g. the names of some classes (This game's "Soldier" is more like FE's "Knight", this game's "Knight" is FE's "Great Knight"), so a quick over of some of the rules is advised if you haven't already.

If all or none of the above applies to you and you're still joining, welcome, go ahead and jump right in wherever you see fit.

As for that maptools deal, if you could get something to work, I could send over what I have as far as the stat generating goes (because it's not an exact replica of any one FE game), and we could see if we could integrate it in. I personally think it'd be a bit of a hassle because you'd have to update it any time a new enemy appears, or any time a player levels up (if you have to define stats for a piece like that, I haven't personally used that program), but if you'd like to do that, be my guest.

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
Re: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #261 on: February 21, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »
Say Yoshio, when will you be accepting new entries?
I'd like to reserve myself a spot if that's possible.  :V

AMZYoshio

« Reply #262 on: February 21, 2011, 08:14:54 PM »
*cough cough* *crawls out from mountain of work* Huh? Oh, sure.

However, we're currently full on people, so you can sure wait if you wait. I'll keep your name handy just in case someone wants to drop.

And on a side note to everyone else, sorry I haven't been posting lately. Life's a bitch, whatcha gonna do.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #263 on: March 08, 2011, 11:23:08 PM »
So, people, I have a question for you: You wanna quit, or what? Because honestly, I thought we solved this problem.

99.99% of you (Ok, I lied, just most of you) seem to be not doing anything, posting at all, wanting to make moves, etc.etc., and even after the whole debacle we had with getting a new Rumia/Meiling, we still have a HUGE lack of playing. I'm still willing to continue in my GMing duties, but are you guys quitting or not?

I kinda realize that coordinating so many people probably wasn't the best idea in practice, but it sounded good to begin with. So, if a bunch of you decide to drop this, I guess we can continue to go with a smaller group, just the same amount of people. However, that would mean that it's more a community thing, and one of you COULD just rule over the plans. My optimal idea would to continue to have the 12 people, and a close second would to only have one or two drop so you can keep your characters. However, if say half of you dropped, we'd have to either divide up the missing slots with the people who still want to play, or just lose the personalness with the units you guys currently have and just have everyone control everyone.

Seriously, I'd like to continue going, because I do have the next few levels already planned out, as well as the general story arc, but if you guys want to quit, please say so. If not, then get off your lazy butts and do something.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2011, 11:28:54 PM »
Ya know I really want to keep going, and it gets a bit hard for me at times to check this, but I can.  I haven't really been posting as much as I should have but I should have raised this issue a bit earlier I guess.  I got a bit discouraged when ~half don't even post or anything and I had nothing to input at that moment.  I don't know, I suppose let's see what the others want to do at this point.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2011, 11:57:20 PM »
I am terribly swamped with midterm hell, theater, graduation and job applications and a host of other crap.  I simply don't have much time these days.  As much as I hate to say it, I think it's best I drop.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2011, 05:36:25 AM »
If I seem like a dick for just jumping out there with a fully formed plan, I'm sorry.  The GM did ask for a plan, and it only took a couple minutes to do the math.  Most of it was worked out beforehand, and PX gave a nice foundation.  Also, like I said before, any plan I make isn't an absolute order, and I really want people to speak up if they've got problems with it or changes they'd like to make.  Of course, my having all the social ability of a drunken Shuuei doesn't help matters at all.

That said, I have no problem playing the game, but I don't want to be playing practically by myself.  I have actual Fire Emblem games for that.  This turn, I tossed out an idea or two, responded to a couple things, and waited for people to do stuff.  And, um, for the most part they didn't.  I even said explicitly I wanted someone's opinion before I moved and there was no response.  To be honest, I consider this game dead as is, but I have some perverse obligation to not let it end in the middle of a battle.  So, yeah, unless things change drastically, I'm done at the end of this fight.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2011, 05:41:58 AM »
If I seem like a dick for just jumping out there with a fully formed plan, I'm sorry.  The GM did ask for a plan, and it only took a couple minutes to do the math.  Most of it was worked out beforehand, and PX gave a nice foundation.  Also, like I said before, any plan I make isn't an absolute order, and I really want people to speak up if they've got problems with it or changes they'd like to make.  Of course, my having all the social ability of a drunken Shuuei doesn't help matters at all.

That said, I have no problem playing the game, but I don't want to be playing practically by myself.  I have actual Fire Emblem games for that.  This turn, I tossed out an idea or two, responded to a couple things, and waited for people to do stuff.  And, um, for the most part they didn't.  I even said explicitly I wanted someone's opinion before I moved and there was no response.  To be honest, I consider this game dead as is, but I have some perverse obligation to not let it end in the middle of a battle.  So, yeah, unless things change drastically, I'm done at the end of this fight.

Well I said MOST of you, there are a couple exceptions...But yeah, its the very lack of playing that I find very concerning. That, and you're at no fault for throwing out fully formed plans, just about everyone else is for either not responding to your plans, or for letting it get to the point to where somebody HAS to make a full plan by themselves.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2011, 05:47:27 AM »
Murasa's been playing too much to being a 1-man-army :<

You just slip into the 'I don't need to post again after I've moved' mode when you're too far from the brawls or simply because the turn's done. Perhaps if there was some element of roleplaying your character, flavour to fill in the downtime, it might generate some interest hook?

AMZYoshio

« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2011, 05:52:07 AM »
Interesting thought there....Although I really don't know how that'd work. I had supports planned (I think I said this once), but those'll be more of a novelty/slight statbooster, but perhaps we could modify them a bit? I dunno, throwing ideas out. Otherwise, if we can't think of something good as a roleplaying option, then we'll just have to crack down on people a bit more so that there is much less downtime.