Author Topic: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread)  (Read 67730 times)

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
Re: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2011, 09:13:18 AM »
Sana dropped a while ago.

*blink* I don't remember....well, do we have a replacement?

(Darn I'm forgetful)

Also, welcome back Sacchi.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2011, 07:37:25 PM »
Glad to see you back, man.  We definitely need you, both as a unit and as a player.

And Doll, Herasy is the new Kogasa.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »
Right....Darn I'm forgetful.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2011, 01:43:20 AM »
OK people, so, I'm alive.

Yes yes I know I've VANISHED. What's with my cousin simply cutting off all access to his computer on my stay there (and no internet to plug my PS3 on too.)

But, I'm back. I'm back. And I seriously apologize. Too much stuff happening (Including me actually GM'ing my own RPG, which I had to take a break from >_>'') my brain can barely keep up.

...Lame excuse? Yup, I know. Well,  :colonveeplusalpha:
Man, your cousin seems pretty mean. It's good to have you back, at least. ^_^ Where is this RPG of yours?

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2011, 12:43:40 AM »
Yeah, so there's definitely something screwed up about the wireless in my laptop. The physical ethernet port works fine (that's what I'm doing now), but when it's on wireless, I get this weird, half-on half-not bastardized version of a not internet connection.

What this has to do with the game is that I might not be able to post correctly, or I might post some move out and not update the main page, or something to that extent. I can't hardwire my laptop all the time, but I'll try to when I can. Right now, I'm sitting at a friends house, and I stole the cord out of his computer when he wasn't looking lol

But yeah. If things get really bad, I'll most likely tell Lem what I want to say as far as the game goes, considering he talks to me on live. Peace 'yall.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »
Everyone, get in here.

Ok, you guys are being stupid slackers (no offense) and I don't know why. You all probably have your own assorted reasons, so don't bitch me out or anything, I'm just wondering what happened to the attention and/or zeal that used to be in this. Is it boring? Are you guys quitting? Just lazy and forgetful?

If this keeps up, I might either A) Kick people, B) Postpone the game, or C) End it. I really don't want to do B or C, A I have somewhat less of a problem with but is still annoying.

Discuss. (Also, if I sound ticked, it's because I'm really tired right now.)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »
Murasa and Reimu have already moved, so me and Lem sitting out just happens. If I haven't moved, I'll check in for suggestions and such. Once my parts are done, it's up to the rest of the players to get their moves in.

If there are people that don't want to keep up with the game anymore then they need to come here and say they want out. When we get to the stage of having to kick people out, don't expect it to be pleasant.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2011, 06:17:12 PM »
I'm still interested in this game but I feel the lack of activity is making me less motivated to come in. I'll try to be more active because I wasn't the last two turns though. :ohdear:

AMZYoshio

« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »
Well I know about Pesco and Lem, and I can personally talk to Lem if he gets off track, but a lot of you seem to be posting either every third day or so, or just not participating at all (Ones that come off the top of my head: Trance, Sacchi (although he came back just recently), Baka). I put that turn time limit in place on purpose to motivate you guys to be more on top of things, and I can understand if you take a few days to work out a turn if you're actually debating it, but lately most of you just seem to have dropped it.

When I say most, please don't take it the wrong way - I'm not really keeping track of who all is actually posting, it's just as a whole, the activity has gone completely downhill. If you guys are IRCing, that's one thing. If you're just discussing moves, so you don't want to move anything at all just at the moment, that's another. But to my knowlege, in the past 3 days (normal turn limit = 2 days), I count 5 out of 12 of you posting. Now, barring that Pesco and Lem already moved, so they might just be waiting things out, that's still only half, and only 9 posts total. So where's the rest of us?

I'll begin issuing kickings soon (day or so) if people don't get their crap in gear, or at least show that they're interested/having a good reason for not doing anything.

EDIT: Baka was probated, it makes sense why no posts have been showing up. Kick? Y/N
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:35:36 PM by AMZYoshio »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
Probated people can still send/recieve PM. He should be able to read the thread as well.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2011, 12:28:12 AM »
The problem with this type of game is that it requires a coherent and cohesive plan, all at once.  Move-by-move will just get us all killed.  And not everyone is always willing to sink all the time into coming up with a plan in one chunk, especially for the reasons I listed in the other thread.  At best they can say stuff on a small scale, but all our fights have been open giant melees basically - no chokepoints, no narrow castle corridors, little in the way of cover - so individual moving or suggestions can be dangerous.

Not castigating you for it, just trying to explain where people are coming from, I think.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

AMZYoshio

« Reply #221 on: February 09, 2011, 12:36:27 AM »
Well I understand that part, but that's half of the game in my opinion - learn to work with your teammates.

That, and on a mostly related note, I can understand if some people take orders and whatnot, they don't have to be a 5 star hardcore general all the time. However, it seems that people have been not only taking orders, but having absolutely ZERO input other than to move based on what they read in a plan, or even less somtimes (when they have their turn skipped). It's that part that's getting to me.

So far, here's a list of people who I know for sure are good:

Pesco
Lem
Shim
Doll
Sophilia
Schezo

And people who are kinda borderline, but not doing bad enough to be called inactive:

Hourai
PX
Herasy (kinda iffy though) (fixed it, just for you)

And then there's the people who are concerning me the most:

Trance
Baka
Sacchi

So in reality, I don't have a problem with -all- of you, it's just a few people, and then the group as a whole in general. I've noticed that, like I said before, a lot of people seem to just be taking orders and not really having any input, or at least even trying. Go ahead and try out a plan people, it's not like it'll kill you if you simply suggest something. Who knows, maybe you'll think of a plan that is absolutely genius, or at least a small bit of it that somebody else overlooked (like shim just did to Sophilia).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:48:13 AM by AMZYoshio »

Herasy

« Reply #222 on: February 09, 2011, 12:44:48 AM »
Ouch, mispelling my name.

I have been lurking the thread every day actually. I'm just a bit short on ideas for moves. Currently it seems like retreating is the best thing we can do until the bunch of fairies infront of us are gone.

theshirn

« Reply #223 on: February 09, 2011, 12:45:26 AM »

I have been lurking the thread every day actually. I'm just a bit short on ideas for moves. Currently it seems like retreating is the best thing we can do until the bunch of fairies infront of us are gone.
COWARDS

ALL OF YOU

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

AMZYoshio

« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2011, 12:47:39 AM »

Close enough, I don't know you people. (Bastardized version of "sorry")

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2011, 12:53:50 AM »
Cowards?! A great general must know when to charge, and when to retreat!

theshirn

« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2011, 12:54:36 AM »
Cowards?! A great general must know when to charge, and when to retreat!
AND NOW IS THE TIME TO CHARGE

WOMEN AND CHILDREN!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2011, 01:00:34 AM »
Looking forward to see if Yoshio will kill off someone.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2011, 01:04:49 AM »
Gettin' close to it, because some people still haven't reported in on this discussion which, and let me make this clear:

May cost them their player slot if they choose to just ignore it

or something like that.

Also, going to beat it into you guys again: Please, even if you are here and participating, at least -try- to make up plans or have input, more than just "_____'s plan sounds good" every time. I get if you draw a blank, but every time guys? (You've all done this at least once or twice.)

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2011, 03:33:47 AM »
I would definitely like to see more bouncing ideas off each other.  Not only because it gets boring if one person just takes over the game, but because I personally am terribly insecure about moving other people.  If I make a fuck-up, or there's a better solution, I don't want everyone to go "oh hay, that sounds good" and then Nazrin dies.  I am seriously afraid of this, and it probably shows in my play style.  I also think people should be more specific as to why they think move X or plan Y is a good/bad idea so we can know where they're coming from instead of having to wonder why we suddenly have Rumia in melee with a general.

And then there's the people who are concerning me the most:

Trance
Baka
Sacchi

Honestly, despite that Trance could probably out-FE the rest of us combined, the only time I remember him getting in the specific discussion here is during the second battle when he went "Hey you guys hold up you're gonna get us killed." Unfortunately, no one listened, and were it not for Christmas, we would have been.  He may have been more active on the IRC, but I wouldn't know since I usually don't go in unless someone's calling for a strategy meeting.  But from what I've seen, a drop would probably be for the best.

Sacchi - well, he had that long disappearance, but he has been contributing so far in this battle at least.  Wondering why people put him in harm's way, doing the math, suggesting moves, etc.  Unless he has another extended idle, I don't think a drop is needed.  if it eventually is I am SO switching to Youmu

BMP basically gave up control of Rumia indefinitely here.  PIng him, see if he can perform his duties, if not, then we need *another* new Rumia.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2011, 05:43:26 AM »
Well I'm not really suggesting anything now is because last time I kinda screwed up so I'm just giving suggestions here and there.....

Also, yeah Yoshio, I find the 'only following order thing' really meh.

People, you got to say something! We can't just keep relying on a few people for the plan, we're a team.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2011, 08:54:18 AM »
Yeah, sorry.

I won't compromise the enjoyment of others in this game.

I have no choice but to stop. I simply don't have the time to continue with this game anymore, since this semester is kind of a huge deal for me, if I fail any subject this semester, I have pretty much forfeited my chance to renew my Hong Kong Permanent Residence ID, which I really don't want happening.

Re: IRC
Yes, I am infinitely more talkative on IRC because as Sophilia mentioned nobody gives a two shits about my opinion anyway. Compounded with my insanely busy university schedule where I only get ONE weekend and it's on a fucking Friday and not all my Fridays are free, I have no time and no reason to continue playing.

Sorry, guys. Feel free to drop me

EDIT: I figure it'd be jerky if I said that without seeing what you guys are doing at all and try and offer my last bunch of hopefully constructive input before my cast-off, though.

Alright, let's see what we've got here.

>Reimu and Murasa on their lonesome somewhere in the Western side of the map
What exactly is Reimu going to achieve staying there? I assume Reimu and Murasa have just finished clearing up a whopping total of ONE Pirate. Productive work there guise. Get their asses down there NOW after killing the second Pirate.

You'll need to move Tenshi and Meiling to flank the small group from below. You're being bottlenecked when you should be the one to swarm the enemies. Something's definitely wrong here. Quickly eliminate Fairy 15, she's the major threat in that small little Fairy cadre and definitely won't have any qualms nuking some of the team to smithereens. Fortunately, 15 is also the only Mage, which means the coast is mostly clear.

I would highly suggest against a blind charge, because you still have to deal with Fairy{13,14,6,7,8} on the bridge. Fairy 16 will probably charge to our group as well, so quickly eliminate 15 and then it should fall into place from there. Also, judging from Kogasa's current position, you people aren't utilizing her mobility enough on this map. Kogasa has free reign on the entire bottom half of the map since the only archers, Fairy{13,14}, are stuck on the bridge and most likely will wait for us to approach. Her being stuck there is a poor move, instead she should try and weaken the other enemies who are being fought by the others. Pegasus Knights have a lot of mobility, you guys should use it to the maximum.

Furthermore, Fairy 17 is a sword-user, so Kogasa should be right at home fighting her. You should at least be capitalizing on her MOV though, along with Sanae. I am assuming Sanae had just made her move the previous turn, considering she's on Forest and there's nothing in front of her. Have Sanae quickly take the spot between Fairy{18,17}, assuming you have already killed the Mage (Fairy 15). Someone else, either Meiling or Tenshi, can then take the spot occupied by Fairy 15 who would have died, and then after you've already finished off Fairy 1, have Byakuren sit by whoever was in Fairy 15's spot and Sanae.

Basically, it should look something like this:

Fairy 1 @ N8 is killed
Quickly kill Fairy 15 @ N9
Move either Tenshi or Meiling to N9
Move Sanae to O10
Sit Byakuren at O9
Kogasa actually can't reach her destination, P11, since she's stuck at a really disadvantageous place right now, so try and think of an appropriate moves to get there, without sacrificing Byakuren's position.

YOU MUST KILL FAIRY 15 AT ALL COSTS
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:09:42 AM by Evarist Trancell »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »
> Sacchi is confirming his stay

Yeah, well. I was just about to post on the actual game when I read that we were supposed to discuss this here.  :V

But yeah, I'm just not a good strategist  so I tend to go with peoplez plans the most,and I haven't played FE in a while.

Also, Sophilia, HELL NO YOU'RE GETTING MY SPOT /rage -shot

AMZYoshio

« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2011, 08:34:33 PM »
So the only person I haven't heard from is Hourai, to my knowledge...

But otherwise, I guess this means we're dropping Trance and Baka, meaning Meiling and Rumia, so I'm gonna have to halt the game for a bit till we can get that squared away. That means start telling people on here/in IRC that there are 2 slots open, one for a dark mage, one for a fighter, both great characters. And please make sure whoever you get will actually commit to playing, having people drop out like this is annoying.

Also, just on a side note, I noticed that you guys were arguing over the whole retreat/hold your ground motif, so if something like that ever happens to the point of a standstill, just vote, and majority rules. If it's a 50/50split, I'll roll a dice and tell you guys the result. Deal? Deal.

Re: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread) (PLAYERS NEEDED, LOOK HERE)
« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
Oh hi there.   :V
Yes, I will be staying with the game and contributing more to it from here on out.
It really is a fun game to play.

« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2011, 02:49:53 AM »

But otherwise, I guess this means we're dropping Trance and Baka, meaning Meiling and Rumia, so I'm gonna have to halt the game for a bit till we can get that squared away. That means start telling people on here/in IRC that there are 2 slots open, one for a dark mage, one for a fighter, both great characters. And please make sure whoever you get will actually commit to playing, having people drop out like this is annoying.

Wow, I was banned for a week(+2 days), leaving a message with TSO since I got baleeted from IRC and forums(still 1 week left for IRC) that I would return when that time comes. I would love to have gone on IRC to continue the game but TSO said I couldn't spend my time there or some crap. Anyways, do you want me back as Rumia or what? And for all the other time I was busy, I had midterms and finals and I said for someone to just move for me for the time being till now.

AMZYoshio

Re: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread) (PLAYERS NEEDED, LOOK HERE)
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2011, 03:00:04 AM »
Well I was told that you'd be pretty much gone, so the question really is, do you feel like you'll be actually back this time? Nobody's gone to sign up as Rumia yet, so I can still tell people off.

« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2011, 03:06:09 AM »
Well I was told that you'd be pretty much gone, so the question really is, do you feel like you'll be actually back this time? Nobody's gone to sign up as Rumia yet, so I can still tell people off.

Give me a day to think about it. Still annoyed for getting banned/unfunnied over trivial matters.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2011, 03:08:21 AM »
Just know that if someone goes to sign up for Rumia in the mean time, Imma give it to them instead.

« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2011, 03:11:35 AM »
Just know that if someone goes to sign up for Rumia in the mean time, Imma give it to them instead.

Fine.