Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 89676 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:33:51 AM »
Welcome to the new resurrected discussion thread for 'Waking up From the Dream', MoTK's first freeform RPG.

This is the discussion thread. The story thread is here. The registration thread is here.

Story so far:
Gensokyo was on the verge of complete destruction. The Hakurei Border was collapsing. Gensokyo's source of spiritual energy, the mana leylines under it, which fuels its existence had suddenly failed for some unknown reason. In an emergency meeting, Yukari met up with Reimu at the Hakurei Shrine a good few hours before the predicted complete collapse of the border. They agreed that there was no chance to save Gensokyo now. There was little time and neither of them knew the reason behind the mana leylines failing. The only option was to escape and bring as many memories of Gensokyo with them as possible. Using Those memories, they may one day restore Gensokyo to its former glory along with everyone in it once they have managed to return its mana supply.

There was one problem. The outside world lacked spiritual power, having advanced and modernized beyond the need for spirituality. The beings of Gensokyo, whether youkai or human, are used to the great abundance of mana and thus their mana expenditure is less efficient and higher than your average outsider. They would quickly run out of mana in the outside world and die long, protracted deaths. It?d be a living hell for them.

Thankfully, there were outsiders within Gensokyo who had befriended certain members of the Gensokyo community. They would be able to ?partner up? with certain refugees and share mana. The mana sharing is proportional the strength of the outsider (physical and mental) and the strength of their relationship and trust and is inversely proportional to the distance between them. (read the notes at the bottom). If they escape together, they may stand a chance at surviving the outside world.

The two set off to prepare a gateway through the Hakurei border through which refugees may escape. After that Yukari sets off to warn as many people as she could while Reimu starts?well?packing with her newfound outsider friend, Mitaka.

The SDM crew, with the three outsiders, Remilia?s friend - the samurai Kojiro, Flandre?s companion - Zei, and the SDM butler and wife to Sakuya - Taihou, finally make it to the shrine after their mansion was completely swallowed by the earth due to the increasingly unstable earth underneath Gensokyo. Around that time, outsider Jeremy Nezu arrives on his own, wondering why Reimu has yet to save Gensokyo. Aya and her outsider companion Sumire soon arrive and reveal that Yukari has yet to spread any news.

Worried, Reimu decides to take on the task of spreading the news with Aya and Sumire?s help. Meanwhile, Mitaka was charged with getting the group to the gateway waiting at the border.

As they journeyed, they met up with outsider martial artist Alex and his girlfriend, Lily Black. Soon, after getting past a treacherous stretch of geyser land, they come across Parsee and her outsider companion, Hiroko, who had both somehow managed to leave the underground world through a geyser.

They soon reach the border gateway. However, a mysterious voice suddenly fills the clearing surrounding the gateway, mocking them for their ?futile? attempts at escaping and telling them that the destruction of Gensokyo was a mere ?by-product? of her hijacking the mana source for her own nefarious ends, a ?grander scheme? according to her. She summons many small shadow creatures and challenges the group to defend the gateway against them. The group stands their ground and valiantly fights. Meanwhile, Reimu, Aya, and Sumire had managed to spread the news and had returned with Yuyuko and her outsider companion Sho, Suwako and her outsider companion Myon and the outsider Demonlord Pichu and his Makai contingent. They too join the fight.

Taihou?s hidden strength finally decimates the shadow army, allowing the party a brief respite. Soon more refugees arrive at the gateway. Together they waited for the collapse of the barrier, when it would be unstable enough for them to pass.

However, the mysterious disembodied voice wasn?t done yet. She returned, and this time she summoned a giant shadow snake. She tells them that she doesn?t plan on letting them leave and reveals that this was a bit of revenge on Reimu. The team once again fights to protect the gateway while Sanae and Reimu tried to keep the gateway open. The team tried many things, including hacking the surrounding forest to create traps, creating diversions, etc. anything to keep the snake occupied to buy time for the evacuation.

Jeremy somehow managed, with Kaguya?s help, to create a replica of Simon?s drill from TTGL, and used it to channel spiral energy into the airship that Nitori, Alice, and Marisa had used to arrive. The airship transforms into a humanoid form and charges at the snake. Further battle ensues, culminating in a final kamikaze charge with the entire party of outsiders onboard the mecha charging for the snake. The collision threw everyone overboard, while the snake and mecha together sailed over Gensokyo.

The rest of the party escapes through the collapsing gateway, leaving Reimu, Mitaka, Marisa, Alice, Ruukoto, and Suika waiting by the gate to keep it open till the last minute for Jeremy?s return and hopefully Yukari?s arrival.

Meanwhile, Jeremy manages to find Yukari, Chen, and Ran in an underground cave where Yukari had been sealed in a box. With the drill?s help, he liberates Yukari, and together they escape. They reach the gateway just in time as the gate was about to collapse, bashing straight into the people waiting by the gate and shoving them through to the other side.

Outsider Mcwallace and his companion, Eirin, manage to reach the portal just before the destruction of Gensokyo.

On the other side, Kojiros had landed near the Suwa lake and had rendezvoused with Remilia. He ended up having to make a contract with Patchouli, Koakuma, Youmu, and Minoriko Aki to save them. Meanwhile, Alex had landed a good deal further away, at the Heavenly Dragon Dojo, right beside the abandoned Saniwa shrine and inn in Karuisuwa.

Meanwhile, Amarillo had successfully escaped on her own from her home in the Forest of Magic with Lily White and had emerged in the outside world in the town of Karuisuwa. They managed to get room and board along with a job in the local Tourist Helpers store.

At the same time, Renko and her friend Sanasan were en-route to the abandoned Hakurei Shrine in the Yatsugatake National Park to make an attempt to reach Gensokyo once more.

The others landed around the old abandoned Hakurei Shrine in the aforementioned national park. Gpop managed to link up with Sanae, Merlin, and Satori and reached the shrine first. Hiroko agreed to enter a contract with Iku before making their way to the shrine. Upon arrival, Mitaka decided to make a contract with Marisa, Alice, Ruukoto, and Suika in order to save them, causing him to collapse due to the shock of the sudden mana depletion. He should have died. However, Gpop finds him and together with Pichu they dragged him into the shrine. Yukari reveals to him as he comes to that his sudden bravery had caused him to develop greatly mentally, and thus his mana supply increased quite abruptly. However, he was still severely weakened.

Everyone else eventually manages to make it to the shrine.

Taihou, meanwhile, manages to form additional contracts with Keine and Mokou. As they made their way up to the shrine, they were attacked by three men in black armour and helmets. Mokou quickly dispatches them at the cost of Taihou?s energy. They quickly make their way to the shrine to warn the others.

Meanwhile, the group at the shrine were discussing things when Taihou arrived. Shocked by the sudden appearance of more enemies, the exhausted group gets to their feet. Jeremy manages to get his internet working in time to reveal that things have changed while they were away. The Prime Minister had a new secretarial aide, Saaya Kikuri, who they suspect is the Kikuri they knew from Makai.

There wasn?t much time for further thought. The agents had found the shrine and attacked with smoke canisters. Satori blasts a hole through the back, having sensed that the opposition didn?t expect them to escape that way. They successfully escape and, using Satori?s powers further, they managed to avoid the search nets combing the hill. After 3 hours of trekking and hiding their tracks, they meet up with ThirtyFour who was trying to get his Challenger II tank moving with Rika?s help. With the help of Jeremy?s dying spiral drill, they get the tank moving again and head for Karuisuwa.

They decided to stay at an abandoned shrine that night, the Saniwa shrine. Kojiro and his team rendezvoused with them after a little confrontation with some agents of their own. They settle down in the shrine, exhausted. Shortly after midnight, they tried to discuss what to do and where to go, but in their exhaustion they failed to reach any conclusions. They finally agreed to rest, recuperate, and discuss things further the day after.

Current Teams (alphabetical by player name)

Team Fairy Harem ? AJC (Alex)
Lily Black
Daiyousei
Sunny Milk
Luna Child
Star Sapphire

Team Jealousy Fever ? Anathe (Hiroko)
Parsee Mizuhashi
Iku Nagae
Tenshi Hinanai

Team Bunbunmaru/Onsokumaru ? AmaterasuOmikami (Sumire)
Aya Shameimaru

Team (????) ? Shii (Cleartailcat)
Wriggle
Tokiko
Momiji (At odds with Etch-a-sketch. Please discuss)

Team Makai Badass Freakin? Overlord ? Demonlord Pichu (Pichu)
Shinki
Luize
Yuki
Mai
Yumeko

Team Heaven-Piercing Drill/Yakumo/SUPPATENKO ? E-Mouse (Jeremy Nezu)
Yukari Yakumo
Ran Yakumo
Chen Yakumo

Team Shakin' ? Etch-a-Sketch (Austin Magree AKA Etch-a-Sketch)
Momizi (At odds with Cleartailcat, please discuss)
Nitori
Akyu

Team Freud ? Gpop (Gpop)
Koishi Komeiji
Satori Komeiji
Merlin Prismriver
Sanae Kotiya

Team Combat Butler ? Helepolis (Taihou)
Sakuya Izayoi
Keine Kamishirasawa
Mokou Fujiwara

Team Library ? Jan-San (Jan)
Patchouli Knowledge
Koakuma

Team Scarlet Samurai/Embodiment of Autumn Darkness ? Kojiros (Kojiro)
Remilia Scarlet
Minoriko Aki
Rumia

Team White Death ? Kojiros (Pearl)
Komachi Onozuka

Team Lunatic ? Madness Chaser (McWallace)
Eirin Yagokoro

Team FUBAR - Mind the Gap (Mitaka)
Reimu Hakurei
Marisa Kirisame
Alice Margatroid
Ruukoto Hakurei
Suika Ibuki

Team Tourist ? Nemoma (Amarillo)
Lily White
Rinnosuke Morichika

Team Ahoge (until I or Pedonymous think up a better name) ? Pedonymous (Arekku)
Kisume

Team Dark SABOTEN(until I or Ramus think up a better name) ? Ramus (Ramis)
VIVIT
Hina
Mima

Team starlight GPS ? Sanasanasan (Sanasan)
Renko Usami

Team TANK ? T34G3 (ThirtyFour)
Rika

Team Dai-Yakuman TSUMO ? TranceHime (Yoh Hirozawa)
Meira

Team Ghost-buster ? Xan (Sho)
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Kogasa Tatara
Youmu Konpaku (at odds with Kojiro. Please discuss)

Team Onii-san ? ZeiAkabane (Zei)
Flandre Scarlet
Mystia Lorelei
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Shizuha Aki

Team Yohoho/Pirate - Etch-A-Sketch (Ria)
Kaguya

RAI Force 1

Team Flower-Power ? AJC (Yagi)
Yuka Kazami

Team Lucky Strike - Demonlord Owlbear (Shinjiro Kuroyama)
Tewi
Yuugi Hoshiguma

Team Crios - Etch-A-Sketch (Marilyn)
Cirno

Team Okazaki-Fragment - Rabbit (Ben)
Yumemi Okazaki

Team Musical ? Mind-The-Gap (Miguel Sawyer)
Lyrica Prismriver
Lunasa Prismriver

The archived story thread is here.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:49:07 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
This would seem to be the official place for it, yes.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
This would seem to be the official place for it, yes.

Thanks. We'll settle down here then.

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
Huh...guess this is the official place for it.

Oh well. :/

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
for the record, some1 summarize this even thou i probably won't take part coz it goes too fast due to people spamming one liners.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Well, wrathie

Gensokyo's border collapsed, a giant boss arrived and smacked everybody's ass out of Gensokyo near a place named Karuisuwa, and right now, we are riding a tank piloted by me and Rika, with Team FUBAR.

Oh yeah, MiB is chasing us.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:21:51 AM by T34G3 »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Mokou and I are laughing in the bamboo forest then. Pm me if you need help, if not it's too fast pace for us to actually care about it.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Abandoned Saniwa Shrine, Day 2, 12.20 AM (past midnight)

Silence.

Everyone had collapsed onto the dusty tatami floor in the main hall of the shrine. Sheer exhaustion had finally taken its toll on the group. It had even overpowered their need to eat. Food and exploration would have to wait until tomorrow, unfortunately.

Mitaka felt like he was on the verge of death. The contracts were sickeningly draining. But sleep wouldn't come to him, even as he lay against a pile of rucksacks in the corner with the rest of team FUBAR nestled close to him to keep up the mana linkage. Perhaps it was the pain from the excessive mana drainage. Or perhaps it was just the raging thoughts in his head.

The other groups had clustered together in different corners of the room, gathered around their 'leaders' for mana support. The room was thankfully quite large. The ceiling was high up and vaulted with many crisscrossing ornate wooden beams, creating many dark shadowy corners. In the haze of his exhaustion Mitaka would continuously imagine he saw things moving within them.

"....can't sleep either, huh?" a whisper came out of the gloaming darkness. It was Kojiro.

"...no..." Mitaka replied. "You?"

"We forgot to post a sentry rota." Kojiro shrugged. "So I'm just sitting here, keeping my eyes and ears open."

"The tank's proximity sensors are active." Another voice came from within the gloom. It was ThirtyFour. "No need to worry about intruders."

"And yet you're still awake yourself." This time it was Pichu's voice. "The one who should be feeling the safest is also wide awake."

"....nah, just....that we're here....and..." ThirtyFour began. "I dunno...where do we go from here?"

"...." Mitaka could sense that a good few of the other outsiders were awake and were worrying the same thing. The Gensokyo refugees, still unnacustomed to the low mana environment, slept on from the sheer exhaustion.

Mitaka himself was more concerned with his mana supply. How could Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Suika, and Ruukoto continue functioning on such low mana reserves? They are at constant risk from dying at any moment should his supply fail completely. He would have to increase his own mana supply somehow. Perhaps....

Yes, he'll have to ask Kojiros, Zei, Taihou, Alex, and Pichu to help him train to overcome his weakness. Otherwise, he'll have to find some way to start training on his own. Somehow, he must become stronger, for them, and for himself.

"Perhaps we can start thinking about what we should do from here on out?" Sumire suggested.

"Obviously, we have to retake Gensokyo's mana supply from whoever stole it." Zei said.

"And where do we start?" Taihou asked. "It's good to keep that as a long term goal, but we don't have any leads."

"There's just Kikuri." Jeremy said.

"Great, someone high up in the government." Myon said. "Shall we go drop by her office tomorrow? You know, stroll in and say 'oh, hi, Kikuri, how are you today? By the way, could you please give us back our mana'?"

"We dont' even know if she IS our Kikuri. Even if she is, how do we know if she was the one who stole the mana supply?" Hiroko pointed out.

"She's beyond our reach." McWallace said, simply. "And if what happened tonight was any indication, they have an entire army of their own."

"And we have....?" Zei began.

"A tank." ThirtyFour shrugged. "And a large group of kids now weaker than your average human being."

"Wow, that's quite an arsenal, huh?" Gpop said. "Sure, we can just stroll into Mordor."

"We'll have to strenghthen ourselves first, I think. Stabilize our mana links and increase our own mana supplies." Mitaka said. "At least, for me, that'd be my first priority. Otherwise there's no way my team can survive."

"I suggest we lay low for a while." Hiroko said. "Recover and build up our strength."

"But where?" ThirtyFour asked. "You have a home nearby?"

"...." Silence fell again. The immediate problem rose up before them. Where would they go?

"We can stay here." Mitaka suggested. "It's an abandoned shrine. We can stay here before moving on..."

"....where?" Jeremy began. "Move on where?"

"...." Everyone sighed. The prospects looked bleak for the group, with nowhere to go, nowhere to turn, and their mission's goal seemingly too high to grasp.

"Rest will do us good for now." Mitaka finally sighed. "Let's sleep. Tomorrow we'll find ourselves something to eat and take time to recover. Then we'll think of a plan."

This, everyone agreed, looked like a plan. And with that everyone turned back to refocus their attention on catching elusive sleep.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:25:57 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Apparently, the Challenger II was filled with manliness. I hope that means that it fixed the mangled barrel.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Apparently, the Challenger II was filled with manliness. I hope that means that it fixed the mangled barrel.

Spiral power repairs most damage, I think. But the drill should be giving out soon. We can't depend on it forever.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
um, is it too late to join?

if not, can I team up with Nitori?

The abandoned Saniwa shrine

Somewhere near Karuisuwa

0340 Hours
--------------------------------------

Thirtyfour was fast asleep. His snoring sounded like winding up a sled engine that had got a little too much fuel from a primer.

A newspaper flew over the shrine gate along the gusty winds, ending up inside the shrine. The air flowing inside the corridor carries it to Thirtyfour's face.

Thirtyfour wakes up. His haymaker pounds empty air, ending up sinking through the floor few inches.

"YEEOOOWCHH!", he screams, still eyes closed.

Thirtyfour opens his eyes, pulls out his fist, covered in small, dusty wooden splinters and blood. He starts picking up some of the splinters, going "OW!" every time one splinter is pulled out of the skin.

Thirtyfour gets off his sleeping bag, and hopes that he didn't wake up anybody. He then walks out of the shrine, towards the tank glittering in moonlight near the shrine gate. IR sensors identify him, letting him inside the tank.

Thirtyfour treats his wounds, and then leans back in commander's position.

"Why can't I just sleep here? It's not like anybody is interested piloting this tank, even if, there's alarms...", he talks to himself.

Thirtyfour thinks again and grabs the reserved machine gun, if the coaxial one breaks. And straps two clips into his belt. He walks back to the corridor, hides the machine gun under a table, and goes back to sleep.

Gpop

I have the next part almost ready, but MSWord is being a bitch atm. I'll post it when I get home.

mad

You have a manly tank with a mangled barrel. I am amused.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I lost complete track of the thread and story because I couldn't read it anymore this morning.

Last thing I remember: Is the part where a canister of teargas was thrown inside the shrine and everybody went berserk kicking ass.

You have a manly tank with a mangled barrel. I am amused.
What's so amusing about that? You know that there are many destroyed tanks sitting out there, rusting and falling apart, since WWII, and they will never see a museum for poor preserving out there in wilderness.

-snip-
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:50:31 PM by T34G3 »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
I lost complete track of the thread and story because I couldn't read it anymore this morning.

Last thing I remember: Is the part where a canister of teargas was thrown inside the shrine and everybody went berserk kicking ass.

The old story can be found here:
http://old.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=2121.0

Preview for Amarillo Route (Team Tourist):

Fighting Alone is not a solution.

Form Zero is not always a solution.

To tap into Amarillo's full power, they must found a way to unite with....

Team Freud.

Namely, Satori Komeiji.

But how? That's the question.

-----------

I admit that fighting alone is not the best solution.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

mad

How about a summary of where everybody is. This story is built wall by wall and sifting through that takes more time than the actual writing. Or we could have a status post.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Demonlord Pichu

How about a summary of where everybody is. This story is built wall by wall and sifting through that takes more time than the actual writing. Or we could have a status post.
I second this motion.

Oh and before I forget

You got that half right, only we didn't go apeshit on the SWAT guys (it was mentioned though), Koishi apparently created an escape route for the group and everyone supposedly escaped leading us up to this point now.

-SNIP-
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:33:58 PM by T34G3 »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
---
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:33:53 PM by Helepolis »

Saniwa shrine. An abandoned shrine somewhere near Karuisuwa.

It's best to leave the summary to MTG or somebody who has been carefully reading it, I haven't been following this for 3 days. Snipped.

I'd hope some RPing tomorrow and not just discussing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:37:13 PM by T34G3 »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
---
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:33:50 PM by Helepolis »

Gpop

Alright well I guess I'll post my part here then:

As everyone was preparing themselves for sleep, Gpop decided to go out to the edge of the small lake nearby. He sat down and gazed at the empty and calm lake.

"What are you doing here?" said a voice from behind.

"UWAAH!" Gpop jumped up and quickly turned around to see Koishi and Satori who were standing behind him. She must've used her subconscious barrier to sneak out unnoticed once again.

"Well I'm just haging out here...need to relax a bit after all that, and I don't plan on resting in that shrine with everyone else jammed in there." Gpop replied properly. "But it'll be nice to have some company here with you girls. Here, have a seat"

The two sisters sat beside Gpop, with him at the far right, Koishi sitting at the center close to Gpop, and Satori beside Koishi.

The three of the continued to mindlessly gaze at the lake. As they were doing so, Koishi decided to hug Gpop's arm as he leaned back.

Then Gpop remembered, "Hey, Satori, before we all left...why didn't you tell us anything before? The border was on the verge of collapsing, yet you still were acting so casually."

Then Satori sighed, "Well the thing is that I didn't want you two to get involved in such things. After that Suwako incident, I was worried that one day you and Koishi would do something just as reckless, which could lead to dire consequences. If you guys were to ever figure out what was going on, you two would immediately try to help out in whatever situation was up there. I wanted to keep you two safe, because if I ever mentioned the border, you two would just be eager to help out. I can't say no to Koishi, because she's my only sister. I want her to be the happiest girl out there. That's why I allowed her to marry you. I saw that you were the one for her.

"But when you two wanted to go up to the surface, I knew it was almost time, so I decided to let you two go that time. I figured that you two would find out sooner or later, but I wanted you two to remain oblivous to it until it was time to leave. Of course, as I thought, you managed to do so yourself, and still managed to get yourselves into the fight.

"Right now I'm going to apologize for my actions, but I hope you two understand." Satori finally finished.

"Well...I guess I could, and I'm sure Koishi is," And Gpop looks at Koishi and notices her smiling at Satori, so he can easily guess that she definitely accepted.

"I'm happy that you cared for us in the end though," Gpop added, "and I'm happy that Koishi's still here. I'm doing the best I can to manage you two with the mana I have on me. Right now this is definitely not holding me down. I still feel like I have as much energy as before, so you two don't have to worry about me, I guess." Then he faces Koishi once again. "And as long as I have you here, I'll can never, ever be mad over something like that."

Koishi blushes at his words. Gpop signaled for a kiss with Koishi, and Koishi easily read it. They then began to lean forwards towards each other to lock their lips, as Satori watched happily from aside.

But then Gpop notices a random trumpet sound. It was playing music to fit the mood, yet it didn't seem to fit theirs. Gpop turned around before their lips could even touch, and noticed that it was Merlin from afar.

"I'll go check it out myself." Satori said. But Gpop and Koishi lost their mood to kiss each other now, and continued to gaze at the lake while Satori got up and went to check on Merlin.

"Please...don't do anything stupid...and keep her safe..." Satori muttered to herself quietly while glancing back at the two.

Satori walked to Merlin and noticed her somewhat jealous of something while playing her trumpet solo.

"...and why are you here Merlin?" Satori asked.

Merlin quickly looked up and finally noticed Satori. She jumped up in shock. "Oh m...me? Nothing...nothing at all! I'm just trying to play my trumpet for some...entertainment...yeah, that's it!" She stuttered.

"Hmm..." Satori stared at her heart. "...you...seem to take a great liking into Gpop, don't you? And you're playing your trumpet to fit the mood, and hope that Gpop...would notice?"

"N...NO! IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! I'M JUST PLAYING MY TRUMPET! THAT'S ALL!" Merlin exclaimed.

"You can't lie to me or yourself. I can read your mind. Well...I actually read your heart, and all your heart desires is Gpop. It's the only thing I sense in your heart..." Satori explained.

"W...WHAT!?" Merlin yelled in shock, "O...OKAY! I do, in fact like Gpop, okay? But it's not like I'm going to win him anyways! He has that sister of yours, and I have no chance with him whatsoever..." Satori could see tears run down her cheeks as her voice trailed off.

"Well, to be honest I don't know how I would feel if Gpop cheated on my sister for you, but I'm pretty sure that if you tried to be friends with him, he'll gladly accept."

"R...really?" Merlin blushed a bit. "Well, I guess being friends are good enough. It's not that I have that big of a grudge against her."

"It's alright." Then Satori grabbed the trumpet, "but please, for the sake of everyone else, don't play this too much right now. We're trying to escape from those guys in black, and your trumpet will only attract more attention from them, and not the good kind."

"Al...alright I will." Then Satori returned the trumpet back to her. "I guess I'll go sleep now. I think you three should as well."

The two of them stared at Gpop and Koishi from a distance. Satori then said, "I guess they'll be fine there. Let them be."

Then the two of them walked back to the shrine.

we sould most surely make a new sign up thread

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
we sould most surely make a new sign up thread

Yes, working on the details now. I'll come back and address everyone's concerns in a bit.

Oh, and a proper summary is on its way.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »
Finally! Housekeeping finished!

*explodes....then melds back terminator style*

Phew, that took a good part of 3 hours. The chronology was particularly time-consuming. Not difficult, but tedious, especially as not many people had bothered with time stamps.

From now on I must ask everyone to use time and location stamps at the top of their story post. This makes things A LOT easier to follow. Thank you.

I also wrote up a summary. It's in the first post of this thread. Please let me know if I got anything wrong.

I've also started a third thread, a registration/profile thread. I would encourage everyone here to write up a profile for their player character. I normally do this before an RPG but I thought everyone would be playing normal humans....but as it turned out, half the cast are superhumans. Thus proper profiles would allow others to better understand and write-up your characters in the game.

Let's see, anything else? Ah, yes, I've altered Mitaka's relationship to Reimu. They are now merely best friends, as Reimu had saved Mitaka's life when he first arrived in Gensokyo and sheltered him. I decided it would make more sense in terms of the spiritual link (otherwise it'd be so strong that Marisa and the others wouldn't get a share at all, considering his minuscule mana supply)

Ok, issues and concerns -

for the record, some1 summarize this even thou i probably won't take part coz it goes too fast due to people spamming one liners.

Summarized in the first post now. Nobody here spams one liners in the story posts. If they did, I'd know.

um, is it too late to join?

if not, can I team up with Nitori?

Not too late. Plenty of room. Regarding Nitori, you'll have to discuss that with E-mouse as he plans on adding Nitori to his team. He already has a considerable team of his own so he may consider a request from you.

Or you can decide on someone else.

The story's been archived. There's a plot summary too.

Yes, status posts would be good practice. I would ask that someone writes up a quick status summary every 5 posts or so.

I second this motion.

Oh and before I forgetYou got that half right, only we didn't go apeshit on the SWAT guys (it was mentioned though), Koishi apparently created an escape route for the group and everyone supposedly escaped leading us up to this point now.

Sorry, Pichu, I think I misread one of your posts. Are you planning on moving on to a different location rather than go to the shrine? Please let me know. I can edit my posts as necessary.

That goes for everyone else. I dragged everyone to the shrine as nobody had specified where they were going. If you have plans of your own, let me know.

Kojiro, I thought you had planned on going off to a place of your own? But, unless I'm much mistaken, you've joined the shrine group. Are you planning on staying?

The shrine seems to have merged with the Flying Dragon Dojo, if I understood Alex's posts correctly.

Also, now we must expand on the shrine and the surrounding town. What do you guys want to see? It's all up to you.

The previous set up for the shrine/inn, copy-pasted from the previous discussion thread -

On a large, yet shallow hill that slopes right up from Lake Suwa sits a modest shrine. It is considerably bigger than the Hakurei Shrine, consisting of one main large main temple and two smaller detached wings centered around a large central courtyard. There is a smaller building off to the side where the caretaker, priests, and shrine maidens would reside.

The Saniwa family that used to manage the shrine fell on hard times, mostly due to the decline of worshippers and faith which coincided with the modernization of the Karuisuwa region, as well as the popular rise of Christian faith in general. To try and avoid closing the shrine for good, they opened up their hot springs for public use. They even constructed a relatively well-built Ryokan (hot spring inn) just a little way off on the shrine grounds, far enough that it wouldn?t disturb the serenity of the shrine, but not so far that it was completely detached from the shrine.

The ryokan is a 3 story Japanese style building with a large open-air hot spring in the back (separated by gender, off course), supplied directly by a natural hot spring from under the lake. It boasts nice, airy traditional tatami mat rooms, made for group visitors. There is one function/party hall, one function dining hall, one smaller dining room for the staff, a large, well-equipped kitchen, a large underground garage that looked more like a hangar bay than anything?and, strangely enough, many underground storage rooms, now empty and in disuse (perfect for hidden laboratories!). (feel free to suggest more additions)

The Saniwa inn prospered after that. Soon the shrine was almost completely forgotten as the number of worshippers fell to almost nothing. The other two temples in the neighbouring cities became more popular as destinations of worship due to them being more prominent members of the Suwa Taisha (while the Saniwa shrine was also a Suwa Taisha shrine, it had never been as well-promoted).

The Saniwa family began investing in other, larger businesses, and soon the inn was left behind and shut down due to lack of profit, mostly attributable to the decline of tourism in the Karuisuwa region.

That was years ago. Now, the current Saniwa heir felt the shrine and ryokan had to be reopened and maintained properly before it collapsed for good. He was just wondering where to start hiring people when he came across a bunch of strangers who had taken refuge in his shrine. Moved by pity for them, and feeling he had nothing to lose, he decided to let them run the shrine for him. As long as they maintained the shrine and the ryokan and kept it running smoothly, they could stay as long as they liked and share the profits amongst themselves.

It sounded like a deal too good to be true.

The dojo will be somewhere on the shrine grounds as well, probably beside the inn, such that the inn in in between the dojo and the shrine.

What sort of city do you want Karuisuwa to be? A laid back rural traditional town, similar to the one portrayed in Persona 4? An Academy City ala Mahora Academy from Negima or the Academy City from To Aru To Majutsu No Index? What sort of locations, facilities, etc. do you want to have in it? Do you want the characters to go to school? Discuss! It's anything-goes.

Once again, sorry for the hold-up. All the housekeeping took a while. If I had known about the sudden migration, I'd have been more prepared. But now we'll be back to our usual scheduled programme.

As usual, enjoy the game! Let me know if anyone needs anything.

mad

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 11:52:59 PM »
Summary forgot Maribel's fate.

She is currently locked up in a laboratory near a cemetary. She had an eye removed and a camera planted in the other. The scientist experimenting on her is Dr. Ghandi Vernier.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:54:54 PM by Madness Chaser »

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 04:09:39 AM »
Quote from: Mind-The-Gap
Sorry, Pichu, I think I misread one of your posts. Are you planning on moving on to a different location rather than go to the shrine? Please let me know. I can edit my posts as necessary.
Oh I'm not going anywhere, I was just suggesting it for in the future when (or if) the teams split up, it would make it easier to know where your buddies are in case you run into something heinous and need to retreat.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 04:16:38 AM »
Ah. yeah Me and Zei's team are gonna head to my mansion in the town for relaxation and planning. But i met up with everyone else so Minoriko and Remilia can see thier sisters (that Zei has) and so we can head over to my place together.  That's our plan to do. I also introduced Pearl into the story for a reason but i'll tell that later :3 heheh
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.