Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F  (Read 198873 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F
« Reply #990 on: April 20, 2011, 12:04:43 AM »
Should also mention sanae's heals aren't by any means big, while mino's are.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #991 on: April 20, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »
My problem with Sanae is that she's got such high delay for all of her spells. And with her fragility, I don't feel as comfortable about leaving her out on the front lines as I do with Minoriko, who tanks MAG attacks like a champ.

That's why I just go all-in for Sanae's MAG and use her as a switch in and out character for healing/buffs, just like how I use Suwako or Nitori.

tempest590

• What I say is fiction.
  • If it doesn't make sense, it's a fact.
« Reply #992 on: April 20, 2011, 12:16:20 AM »
I usually did the same. I normally only use sanae for cleansing floor trash and experience farming. I bring her in, have her buff, buff her, and send her packing. I bring her back later to heal.

I've never tried this kind of team build before, so it'll be interesting to see how I enact my healing-based party. I may have to do some rather unorthodox things, but I think I have a reliable mys nuke in Rumia. She's nothing like Marisa, but steady damage means she may deal more damage in the long run. It'll be interesting not using wriggle venom, but I have so many debuffs available on my team I should be able to wall most foes.

Timeout fights like the fights with Mokou, Tenshi, and possibly Eientei will be interesting. My only reliable tanks are meiling and komachi, and I'll mainly be using smalltime damage rather than hardcore nukes like nitori. In fact, the more I think about mokou's regen, the more I dread fighting her. I may just have to skip her and get back to her when I'm overleveled enough to bypass that with damage.

Now that I look at it, I'm heavy on mys and nature damage. This is gonna be tough against Foes and other bosses relying on those elements.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:19:57 AM by tempest590 »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #993 on: April 20, 2011, 01:02:34 AM »
I'm not done my current playthru, prob wont be anytime soon cuz I got games to play galore, but I was thinking of making my next playthru team too many tanks. With all the beefy characters, tenshi, china, yukari, reimu, etc. extreme 1 way tanks like yuugi and patchy included if options are looking slim.

should be interesting >=)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #994 on: April 20, 2011, 01:08:20 AM »
I know what Sanae is good for on paper. I want to know if there's some sort of way to use her practically.

From my point of view so far, Yasaka's Divine Wind is slow, costly, and not as strong as Wish for an Abundant Harvest (there's the status heal, but I very rarely find myself needing one since I can just use equipments for immunity instead), and her buff, although kind of better than Promise of the Wheat God, is also slow as well. Her physical defense looks to be about the same as Minoriko's (same HP growth and better DEF, but worse level rate), which would mean that it's pretty bad (even with HP investment, she can't survive the few non-elemental multi-target attacks out there well), and her magical defense is flat out worse. Her speed looks to be slower as well (same growth but worse level rate), which is compounded by the worse delay on her spells, and her offensive spells, while actually usable (although without Falling Leaves of Madnes's niche use of piercing defense), are nothing to write home about either.

So basically, if Sanae's raised for MAG, she can actually use her heal and offensive spells but she would probably die easily to anything, and if raised for survivability Yakasa Divine Wind would become a glorified Healer, plus her offensive use would be gone). So yeah, I need enlightenment on how to use her effectively, since I want to use her (as part of some characters I haven't used in my previous runthroughs like Suika, Yuuka and Aya), and so far I'm drawing a blank here on what to use her for.

tempest590

• What I say is fiction.
« Reply #995 on: April 20, 2011, 01:15:01 AM »
Sanae's too much of a good girl for battle. However, as I said she's not that grand for boss battles. She's mainly a floor cleanser. For bosses, you switch her in, buff or heal, then get her out before they kill her. Or, switch her in, buff, switch her out then back in and buff again. this gets past the time restraint on her buff.

She's slow, and cannot damage bosses well. Minoriko is a better healer, but she can't increase attack power. Sanae is like a weaker combo of Iku and Minoriko, but with better ability to take on regular enemies. Sanae was what helped me get to Tenshi at such a low level, during that rediculously long trek through all those gates.

« Reply #996 on: April 20, 2011, 01:22:08 AM »
final team: Rinnousuke, Patchouli, Komachi, Yuyuko, Yuuka, Meiling, Iku, Renko, Rumia, and Sanae (+ Aya and Okuu)
I see one problem already: Unless you build Komachi for attack, you're going to be reliant on Kourin (who's probably going to be a tank) and Aya (who doesn't have the SP for her nukespam until much later) for physical damage.

Aside from that though, looks like a good team.

tempest590

• What I say is fiction.
« Reply #997 on: April 20, 2011, 01:33:30 AM »
I see one problem already: Unless you build Komachi for attack, you're going to be reliant on Kourin (who's probably going to be a tank) and Aya (who doesn't have the SP for her nukespam until much later) for physical damage.

Aside from that though, looks like a good team.

My team was voted for me by youtube viewers and MotK members. That's what makes it interesting. Many of my team members are slow, so I needed a speed buffer like Aya in. I don't plan on using her for attack until much later on anyway. Komachi will be a main stati inducer, based on attack, yes. Kourin will likely be the last character I introduce to the team. I will probably overgrind my team to compensate for lack of nukes. This will be a very difficult run, I already know. The fight with Mokou will be incredibly difficult. But, as mentioned, I may have a reliable partial-nuke in Rumia. My team is made up of healers, status spammers, and tanks. this will be very technical, and interesting. this will in no way be easy! But it'll be fun.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #998 on: April 20, 2011, 03:01:33 AM »
If you'd really like to use up one of your two chooseable slots for a speed buffer, I'd consider using Sakuya instead of Aya, for someone who can be a substitute tank (Or alternatively, a passable attacker, buuut), as well as speed buffer.

Also.

Rumia will most definitely play a good healer role when buffed.
Don't want to burst your bubble, but I've personally tried this, and even buffed up Rumia heals pathetically small amounts of HP until... well, Plus Disk, pretty much. She's good for healing in Plus Disk, but her heal is barely even worth CONSIDERING until around the end of the maingame. Sanae being your only healer worth mentioning is going to be a bit painful, in addition to this being an already challenging party. edit:Oh well Meiling can do a little bit I suppose. Thank god she can heal HERSELF wonderfully...

Definitely going to need to build your Mannosuke to be a second-slot tank, as well. I find him a little disappointing when built to try and be a nuker, anyway; his damage isn't terribly good.

Not only that, but there is a horrible horrible thing missing in your party, and that is DEF/MND BUFFS, which are CRUCIAL for 18F boss and help you beat 20F boss 20~30 levels earlier. And are, of course, incredibly helpful overall through the whole game. Not to mention that if you do Plus Disk then it's just cruel to attempt it without those insanely helpful buffs. Even Parallaxal at least had mag-tanky Minoriko's speedy buff, and his party overall included many highly useful characters (Who were still, indeed, underappreciated at the time.)

I would definitely highly recommend adding someone capable of applying DEF/MND buffs. No Sanae will not come near cutting it, since she's slow, expensive, single-target, and frail. If you don't want the helpfulness Minoriko or Reimu would provide, you could at least go for Yukari, who due to Spiriting Away's massive SP cost, won't be able to do anything but DEF/MND buff and tank anyway.

edit:As for my own progress, beat SoC, found Dual Hibachi v2 pathetically wimpy (Even Kaguya is tanking the physical attacks EASILY, wtf >_>;) until they go berserk and 0hko my entire party with Dual Funeral Washing Machine. Reimu lv470 at the moment, will go and beat up Dual Hibachi v2 whenever I feel like it. It's basically Kaguya spamming Hourai Barrage until one goes down and then praying I don't get Funeral'd, anyway, with no risk until the end...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:16:44 AM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #999 on: April 20, 2011, 03:34:44 AM »
Do you guys think I should grind 5-10 more levels while boosting some affinities before going and doing some bosses?
Or should I try and attempt some now?
If you say to attempt the bosses then please give a strategy to beat them.

Also, yay second last reply :D
I wanna make the new thread but I don't wanna have to do alot of linking to previous threads etc.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:36:41 AM by J.O.B »

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #1000 on: April 20, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »
Don't want to burst your bubble, but I've personally tried this, and even buffed up Rumia heals pathetically small amounts of HP until... well, Plus Disk, pretty much. She's good for healing in Plus Disk, but her heal is barely even worth CONSIDERING until around the end of the maingame.

I concur with this, from my experiences. The reason why Rumia's heal finally becomes worth it by the end of the main game is because her MAG growth will eventually outpace the HP growth of your other characters, because you're pouring all her level bonuses into MAG while most characters aren't doing the same for their HP. But it takes many levels to reach that point, so it's not practical to rely on her for healing for a very long time. Still, you will eventually get to that point (I've had her main heal for entire boss fights during the Plus Disk).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:47:18 PM by Parallaxal »