Author Topic: Touhou 06 EoSD: Help me!  (Read 4133 times)

touhouplayer

• Your youngest Touhou Addict!
Touhou 06 EoSD: Help me!
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:27:36 AM »
I can't beat Normal mode in EoSD...
I beat Normal only on:
th7(PCB) - Extra not finished got to 3rd spell
th8(IN) - Extra not finished got to 4th spell
th10(MoF easiest so far) Extra Finished

i always die 2-4 times in patchouli's stage,
i die 2-3 times in sakuya's stage and i lose
all my lives when i get to stage 6 in sakuya's
Conjuring "Eternal Meek"...
Help?
Touhou Games 4-Ever!

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Touhou 06 EoSD: Help me!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »
Let's see!

Patchy's stage tends to break people's faces constantly. Try to memorize where does stuff appear, that way you can move accordingly without bullets appearing where you won't expect them.
Stage 5 is less memorization and more straight up dodging... there's not much advice other than "practice more, get better, bomb more".
Eternal Meek is just the same kind of dodging. If you don't feel safe at all, bomb it, you get a bomb item right after it, so your resources will be intact when arriving to Remi.

Also you could upload a replay file so the experts can examine it and tell you what can you do to improve your playing style.

touhouplayer

• Your youngest Touhou Addict!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 03:11:21 AM »
I almost got Patchouli Down...
Fire Sign "Agni Shine" CAPTURED
Earth Sign "Rage Trilithon High Level" CAPTURED
Fire & Earth Sign "Lava Cromlech" BOMBED ONCE
Metal & Water Sign "Mercury Poison" CAPTURED

OVERALL
Died Twice
Has Two lives left for stage 5
Improved a little
EDIT: On stage BOMBED THRICE

:P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:14:11 AM by touhouplayer »
Touhou Games 4-Ever!

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 04:45:06 AM »
General advice
1. unlock stage practice for all stages (just continue multiple times to beat the game) if you haven't already
2. practice a route through stage 3 and 4
3. you shouldn't really die in stage 1-2 because EoSD only gives you 8 extra lives.
4. bomb any card you are uncomfortable with; you should not die with bombs in stock

For Remillia, practice her a lot so you don't have to waste too many lives there.

Again, post a replay or just ask more specific questions. We'd be happy to help.

btw, how come the spell card help thread is dead? :V :V :V Not saying anybody should bump old threads, but...

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »
I don't know what character you are choosing. But what I noticed was that Marisa's laser type is very useful for your first clearthrough. Her high damage means lots of spellcards will end prematurely. In addition, you can use masterspark bomb to pretty much clear any spellcard in one go. The only downside is that dodging is harder than with Reimu, but this partly gets compensated by her high damage.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
Judging from the spell cards Patchy is using for him, I'd say he's using ReimuA.

Drake

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 09:01:31 PM »
I don't know what character you are choosing. But what I noticed was that Marisa's laser type is very useful for your first clearthrough. Her high damage means lots of spellcards will end prematurely. In addition, you can use masterspark bomb to pretty much clear any spellcard in one go. The only downside is that dodging is harder than with Reimu, but this partly gets compensated by her high damage.
MarisaB is actually 3rd place in average damage dealt.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 09:16:39 PM »
In this case, I think it's OK to bump. Go!

And like Kanon said, just 2+cc the game and try Stage practice until you can at least one-miss the stage or capture the boss's spell cards consistently or something.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
Really?  I always thought she was second after MarisaA.  Is there a power comparison thing [urlhttp://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,181.0.html]like this[/url] for EoSD by chance?  I went looking for one once way back but I don't think I ever found anything.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 01:12:50 AM »
It's close to ReimuB though, unless you shotgun all the time. Also, the bomb more than makes up for the less damage.
However, I guess ReimuA always have the lure of not having to follow boss precisely all the time like Marisa A/B.

Kozau

• What is this I don't even--
  • So wrong, but it feels so good.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 03:58:34 AM »
I love everyone in this thread.

I have been stuck on Sakuya forever (normal and using Marisa B) at her midboss stage; as said before, Patchy pretty much beats me down into the ground and when I get past her I am still severely crippled.

Using some of the help given here I am gonna' try again, hopefully I will get further. ( I pretty much just want to make it t Remilia, not even beat her, just make it TO her.)  Why is this game so difficult for me compared to SA or IN, hmmm.... :V

I seem to be unable to use Reimu at all; her speed annoys the heck out of me... but then again  Ithink its because EoSD was my first game and I started off using Marisa, so now her speed seems normal.
[ -------Shaplz. ----- ]
('Lets just keep on dreaming... its all we have left now.')

Drake

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 06:23:34 AM »
MarisaB is close at nearly all times, but ReimuB outshines in every instance. I just fought Flandre with both, and the whole way through Reimu did much better just by mentally timing card ends.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4318/unled2dr.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6382/unledtl.jpg

Note that Reimu isn't even at full power (running all over the screen during None was a bad idea) and she still inches out.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -