Author Topic: Have a suggestion for a new feature?  (Read 205504 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Have a suggestion for a new feature?
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2012, 08:10:50 PM »
Oh huh. Yeah I opened IE and it worked fine there. Guess it's just an Opera problem.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2012, 03:28:37 PM »
What about to be able to login with your nickname?

Zil

« Reply #182 on: June 09, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »
I think there's a specific reason that your display name should be different from what you log in with (^^;), so my guess is that would generate the same problem.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2012, 02:07:05 AM »
The whole reason why nicknames exist is because everyone had to change their usernames a while back due to security issues. Now, your username is what you log in with-- but you can't change that, and your display name can be changed by yourself at any time. Nicknames are useful for people who change their names often, so there's not as much of a hassle figuring out who they are.

For example, my nickname was my original name here-- Matsuri. I change my name every so often to go with whatever avatar/sig theme I have, while incorporating at least part of my name in there. However, that can still be kind of confusing, so the nickname shows it's me every time since it never changes.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2012, 08:18:54 PM »
Anyone else noticed that they've set it up so everyone gets a random avatar whenever you viewed the page? Maybe you could keep the php that does that so that users who like watching the avatars cycle (i.e. me) could use that for their avatar. I mean... Would it be too much hassle to keep this page around for those people who like watching the cycle? Because then anyone who wants to can just link to it for their avatar to generate the random avatar thing which is going on right now!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:21:52 PM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »
Correct me if there is one already, but is there a feature in effect or that can be implemented that allows you to jump back up to the top of pages? Normally when I scroll around forums there'll be one at the bottom or in individual posts, and it helps with long pages or pages where scrolling is laggy (ie topics with excessive numbers of images or video)

EDIT: And now I found it. Welp.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2012, 03:45:50 PM »
For what it's worth, the 'Home' key is pretty much a 'go back to the top of the page' link that works pretty much anywhere. :p

« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2012, 03:28:46 PM »
Not sure if there is one on MotK, but for convienience when someone links to a youtube video via posting in a thread, instead of the person clicking the link, in the post, one can just view the video in the post.

In terms of forum code:

[media=youtube]iOw0x5sQGIY[/media]

Inbetween the parentheses is the youtube code (the characters after 'watch?v=')

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »
I've considered it in the past, but for the time being I like YT embedding not being a thing here.  I've not really heard any good arguments for allowing it outside of mod shenanigans.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2012, 04:49:56 PM »
Any ideas to view spoilers easier on mobile devices that don't have cursors to view spoilers?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »
Man, I don't even go into spoiler-heavy threads with my mobile - it strips out all tags, like [spoiler], [nsfw] and such. My phone is ancient!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »
Haha I guess only a few people use MotK on mobiles, I'm using an iPod touch 4.  Always handy to have connection to the Internet in bed hehe

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2012, 07:18:44 PM »
Any ideas to view spoilers easier on mobile devices that don't have cursors to view spoilers?

Tapping spoiled text on my Android 2 Global reveals it.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »
Tapping spoiled text on my Android 2 Global reveals it.

Anything on iPhones? If not its okay I can always quote others and view the text inside its tags ^^

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #194 on: January 01, 2013, 12:11:46 AM »
I'm still toying with a mobile friendly spoiler tag, unfortunately the trick I use for desktops (link hover) doesn't really work for touch devices.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
Would it be possible for people with their own RaNGE Release Threads to be given control over their own threads and be able to delete spam and double posts?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2013, 05:02:46 AM »
Not a bad idea.  How I'd do it is setup a subforum in RaNGE and anyone posting a thread in there will get rights to police their threads like LJ.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #197 on: January 07, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
The issue with that is that it'd require moving a lot of threads out, and the sticky with the links to all of the release threads... would have to have all of the links updated...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
Moving threads won't change the links. There's really nothing to it other than having another subforum.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »
Okay. Then I hope it gets implemented!

Zil

« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2013, 10:40:42 PM »
That makes me wonder then if the art/library threads should get the same thing. (Or do they already have it?)

Actually I kind of wonder if it's truly necessary. Is there really so much spam that you'd need the power to delete it on a regular basis? This forum has always seemed pretty spam free to me. But then I almost never visit those places so I can't really say.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2013, 10:47:20 PM »
I'm more worried about double posting than spam. Sometimes, Safari decides to do stupid things, and sometimes my computer does stupid things that I never told it to to. And sometimes MotK has server issues.

Spam can be reported. Double posting is just annoying. But being able to delete useless posts helps remove clutter as well.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2013, 02:40:20 AM »
I'm not sure about AAA/PSL but they already have a staff of mini janitors that have powers just within those realms.  I wouldn't mind visiting the idea of giving such powers there as well since they're really your threads and it's your content to do as you see fit.

Zil

« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2013, 04:59:47 AM »
Actually, that reminds me of something I was thinking about on the subject of mini-janitors. I was wondering if something like that would be a good idea for the High Score Entry board. As it is there's like one guy updating them and my impression is that it's kind of an overwhelming (or at least very time consuming) task for just one person to do. I was thinking it might easier for more people to help out with that if it weren't necessary to become a janitor to do so. I certainly would, and I think at least one other person from HME mentioned that she would, but it's not clear if it's okay to become a janitor just for that reason.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2013, 02:01:52 AM »
Would it be possible for any of this self-regulation to occur?

(I feel as if I'm bumping an ancient thread...)

Zil

« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2013, 04:18:19 AM »
Oddly enough, I was wondering the same thing myself earlier today. It'd be nice to at least hear a response to my question.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #206 on: March 03, 2013, 12:46:27 AM »
OK~

This is probably somewhere else in this thread, but...

Bookmarks? Not like notifications, just bookmarks. That way we don't have to reply to threads we want to log and we can separate e-main notification threads from normal bookmarked threads.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2013, 09:12:20 AM »
Tried before a few times, the various plugins I've tried to implement it with never worked right.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:24 AM »
This isn't a big issue or anything, but will we ever have extra forum skins? Right now I use a Stylish theme, but it stops colored usernames from working...

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2013, 07:27:10 AM »
I only maintain one skin. Any modifications you wish to do are on your own onus using Stylish. I'm willing to meet half way and make the CSS I write well commented and stuff so it's easier to manipulate on your end but I'm not going to support more than one skin ever. It's not worth my time or effort.

The only time I ever supported more than one skin was when CPMC had a custom joke skin, and RPG had a modified base skin to hide active user counts, or whenever I did a seasonal/joke skin.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:29:10 AM by helvetica »