Author Topic: 東方意地奴 「聖女の黒い涙」 ijiyatsu fighting game conceptualization  (Read 24365 times)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
...Is it alright is start making suggestions for my character? I figured having a Charade-like character would be rather inconvenient, since you'd need a huge amount of sprites for just one character just so she can pull off all those spellcards of the rest of the cast. The randomization of spellcards would be hard to program too, I think.
So that is why I want to show off some new ideas, but I don't know if it'd be bad and too egoistical to do so...

* Tokikofex shoehorns Okashii into Yukari's shikigami assist spellcards and leaves him there

Ufufufu~

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Ruro - Tenshi (Swordz, and keystones > crosses)
+ Akiha Vermilion. I like speedy glass cannons with high firepower, yes I do. :3

Matsuri

Then I guess everyone's sprite base would be:

Matsuri - Youmu (No explanation needed)

Also worth consideration:

:3

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Also worth consideration:

:3

i'm pretty sure i said in IRC that IjiMatsy was now Kohaku :derp:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Jana

• mrgrgr
Yeah, using only Touhou fighter sprites is way too narrow. I don't think there's anything that I'm aware of that would fit Iji!Me perfectly anyhow.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
Wouldn't using Hisoutensoku and Melty Blood sprites at the same time result in major size-differences? Ax and me (and probably Solais if he were based on Cirno) would be midgets compared to Ruro, Mats and Jana. Unless we rescale all the sprites.

MayKissingDoveWyks

• I can't stop being a perv!
Yeah, you would have to rescale them. Quality shouldn't be lost that much, if you sharpen the lines on the sprites.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So now we'll need someone who's good with MUGEN to work on this thing and we're set!

MayKissingDoveWyks

Sadly, I am not...

But I'm willing to give feedback and support though :3

MUSIC ROOM >3. I will keep throwing that up in the air.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:58:50 AM by SkyMovingSideways »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So wait...if we actually find someone we can possibly be serious about this? O.O

MayKissingDoveWyks

No shit you can...

You need the VERVE, the PASSION, the DRIVE to craft a masterpiece as such...

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Iji-Donut has some concealed donut-shaped Chakram. 8)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sana

• Good gravy!
Iji-Donut has some concealed donut-shaped Chakram. 8)
>chakrams
>This is some great ice coffee!

Congratulations Donut! You're the Chosen of Ijiatsu!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Oh good, this means we won't have to listen to him anymore after the first couple bosses.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Um yeah reality check: the game's not actually going to happen, stop talking about sprites. Making a fighting game requires an enormous amount of high-quality graphics work that none of you are willing to do.

So let's keep making pretend movelists instead :]

I'm one of those double characters like Devo or Carl, my partner is Coke-tan. I shoot eye lasers, she handles the melee.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
lol yeah what stuffman said

it takes massive effort to make a game even without going the custom sprite route

i'm pretty stoked that i get to finally do some work on SNAAFU ADVENTURE again pretty soon in that regard because holy shit me being my own team to make an entire RPG is kind of overwhelming

I'll make a footnote in Ijiyastu history then. Check-a-check-a

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

Ruro

mostly because i'm too lazy to think up non-Kanji names for moves zzzz

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I would clearly be a character that is just spacing with little Combo ability. Most moves would have large hitboxes and use weapons and knockback but the lag when missing or hitting ruins most potential combos. Also screw crazy 654321 Things and the like my inputs should be as simple like QCF or DP NO HCF AT ALL I HATE THAT COMMAND. Also weapons are required stuff like a Whip, Maces and 2 Handed swords.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:33:22 PM by Rikter »

Alfred F. Jones

Ruro

mostly because i'm too lazy to think up non-Kanji names for moves zzzz
All I can read there is "JUSTICIA".

That is all I need to know.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
If you don't mind swapping out the skills and whatnot, the sprites in Little Fighters 2 are almost painfully easy to replace.

Of course, that's a completely different type of fightan gaem - it's more of a scrolling brawler when you're doing 'story' or coop, and it doesn't have a traditional setup... there's a z-axis you can move along to keep things interesting.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
All I can read there is "JUSTICIA".

That is all I need to know.

Sakura Rurouni // A warrior of justice. The "Justicia Cross" is a very powerful weapon.

Normal Skills
236A "Shouhatousei"
236B "Kaishitousei"
236C "Goutsuitousei"
214A/B/C "Gekirin"
623A/B/C "Onmyouhasshi"
22A/B/C "Gokoujuuji"
236A/B/C (in Air only) "Hitengiri"

Dream Skills (Super, takes 1 gauge)
A/B/C after Gekirin "Senrantousei"
A/B/C after DreamCounter "Kofuzettousei"

Berserk Fantasy (Takes all meter)
A/B/C after Gokoujuuji "Kaitenkenbu Rokuren"
41236987A/B/C "Hajakensei Oukahoushin"

Alfred F. Jones

Are those Enishi (and some of Aoshi)'s attacks?

Eeeee. :* Trance, you flatter me. <3

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
If you don't mind swapping out the skills and whatnot, the sprites in Little Fighters 2 are almost painfully easy to replace.
This reminds me...

Kakutou Densetsu and Downtown Special Jidaigeki are fangames which can also be customized with different sprites and stages. The latter, from what I hear, is rather difficult to work with when it comes to custom things though, but it can be done and when done right you can apply a storyline and all that shit to it. Worth the effort of trying to learn, imo.

KD, on the other hand, is fairly easy to learn but is rather limited when it comes to the color of sprites and all that (stages aren't so constraining and will work with any colors you use). Matter of fact, I think there ARE some Touhou edits for KD now that I'm thinking of it.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Easy Mode

hi guys am i late to the party

MayKissingDoveWyks

Why can't this be made....

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Not like anyone including myself put any thought into Iji Red, but if that were so, I don't care if my character's a joke or not so long as I get to attack with SCIENCE. Incoming cesium and water round launched from an improvised potato cannon! Rawr!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

MayKissingDoveWyks

Polonium is very effective, I hear.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Polonium is very effective, I hear.
Well, I figured it would be poisonous, but after a little digging, I found that it's also used as a neutron source for starting the chain reaction used in nuclear weapons.

1HKO attack?

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Not like anyone including myself put any thought into Iji Red, but if that were so, I don't care if my character's a joke or not so long as I get to attack with SCIENCE. Incoming cesium and water round launched from an improvised potato cannon! Rawr!
Chlorine Trifluoride, bitches!

Although the idea of a two-component attack is nice. Two weak attacks, one applies one chemical, one applies the other, when both are applied withing 5 seconds of another KABOOM.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."