Author Topic: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4  (Read 129589 times)

Re: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4
« Reply #420 on: November 27, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »
Another MoF run ended by Virtue of Wind God.

Differences this time:

I was using ReimuB instead of ReimuA
I died 3 times on stage 3.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #421 on: November 27, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »
Repeatedly failing Hourai Elixir. On easy. Always within the last 15 seconds. That looks like that's supposed to be the easiest part of the card. -.-

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2009, 12:44:13 AM »
JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THESE FIGHTING GAMES AND COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS FINAL SPELL CARDS

And here I thought Pandemonium was bad, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody of All Humankind is even worse!

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2009, 01:21:49 AM »
No, no, WHAT?! I die to Chen's final card with one bomb in stock, then I manage to get to the end... AND I DIE AT THE EXACT SAME MOMENT SHE EXPLODES! ARRGH!!!!

« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2009, 06:38:21 AM »
I am now raging at EoSD's lack of stage practice replay saving.

I just captured Scarlet Gensokyo Hard for the first time and holy shit I couldn't believe the dodges I was making. But now they're gone forever :(

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2009, 07:59:45 AM »
I am now raging at EoSD's lack of stage practice replay saving.

I just captured Scarlet Gensokyo Hard for the first time and holy shit I couldn't believe the dodges I was making. But now they're gone forever :(

You think that's bad? I've beaten EoSD stage 6 lunatic no deaths and have nothing but a screenshot to prove it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #426 on: November 28, 2009, 11:23:45 AM »
Reminds me of the time I captured absolutely everything in Stage 5 MoF except for The Day The Sea Split.

However, because I went there specifically to capture The Day The Sea Split, I proceeded to not save the replay and continue with practicing. It was only after replaying the stage a few times and finding I could no longer capture even half the stage and attacks (heck, when I finally did it that was the only card I captured on the run... yes, I even failed Sanae's final) that I realized just how rare and valuable that run was...

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

« Reply #427 on: November 28, 2009, 02:31:58 PM »
MoF mostly blind(I've seen stage 5) Easy scorerun ruined by dying stupidly to Kanako several times while trying to capture stuff. And why are her last 2 cards harder on Easy than they are on Normal? I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Now  I want to try timing out the Mountain of Faith card on Easy instead of on Normal, and I haven't even captured that version like I have the Normal one.

« Reply #428 on: November 28, 2009, 02:50:25 PM »
Mountain of faith decides to screw iwith the framerate

I'd be fighting Aya on easy mode at 30 fps and suddenly in the middle of the onion rings of death the framerate would jump to 60fps and then back to 30 again.

Somehow I still managed to beat it but it was so frustrating.

« Reply #429 on: November 28, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »
MoF mostly blind(I've seen stage 5) Easy scorerun ruined by dying stupidly to Kanako several times while trying to capture stuff. And why are her last 2 cards harder on Easy than they are on Normal? I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Now  I want to try timing out the Mountain of Faith card on Easy instead of on Normal, and I haven't even captured that version like I have the Normal one.
Mountain of Faith is harder on Easy than it is on Normal. The amulets in the Easy version move slower than they do in the Normal version, so eventually they all get clustered together and turn into colorful walls of death.

« Reply #430 on: November 28, 2009, 04:16:54 PM »
Took me 6 tries to capture it on Easy, which was less than for Normal. It just took me by surprise.

MoF Normal Pacifist run attempt.(no bombs since I wanted to try it without first)

No miss until Nitori.

Someone comes in the room and distracts me during the first nonspell- miss 1

Mess up Kappa's Pororoca- miss 2

Die to Nitori's last nonspell with 1 second left on the timer due to accidentally moving too far. Game over

I should have at least made it to stage 4.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #431 on: November 28, 2009, 06:29:31 PM »
ReimuB, MarisaB and SanaeA make Nue's second card fucked up impossible.
Oh, and Genzami.
GODDAMN GENZAMI.

« Reply #432 on: November 28, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »
After not touching EoSD or PCB for a week, I decided to try EoSD Hard on a whim. The game refuses to let me bomb while moving, costing me a life to Cirno's second nonspell and another one to Perfect Freeze. Did well after that until I got to Meiling's Colorful Light Chaotic Dance, which looks like it SHOULD be easier than Colorful Rain. I guessed wrong.

Needless to say, I didn't get to Koakuma. And this doesn't even take into account the three rage-restarts from dying to midboss Rumia. >_>;;

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #433 on: November 28, 2009, 11:05:40 PM »
Okay seriously WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT UFO

I didn't have any incredibly stupid moments on ANY of the stages. I collected lots of red UFOs. I perfected Ichirin until her final card. I managed to dodge the last part of Stage 5 for the first time ever.

SO HOW THE HELL DID I NOT EVEN REACH STAGE 6 ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Let's fight.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #434 on: November 28, 2009, 11:42:06 PM »
So today, after practicing on StB for a few days, I thought that I should try EoSD hard and see if I could finally 1CC it.

The first three stages went by like usual, which kind of disappointed me because I thought I'd finally be able to get through Meiling without using 2 bombs. Stage 4 also went by like usual, which is to say, exactly like I've been playing for the past few weeks: dying on stupid stuff, and then ragequitting just after Koakuma.

Man, what happened to me being able to go through the stage without dying?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #435 on: November 28, 2009, 11:49:26 PM »
Tried another run. Things were looking good until I managed to die about seven times between starting Stage 5 and getting a game over on Greatest Treasure. <_____________<
Let's fight.

« Reply #436 on: November 29, 2009, 03:20:16 AM »
How many tries is it going to take me to capture Sacrifice Sign "Misayama Hunting Shrine Ritual"  on Normal? It's the only one I haven't captured on MoF Normal without the MarisaB bug.

At least going for this card gives me an excuse to try to timeout Mountain of Faith. I've gotten it down to 1 death no bombs. After I manage both of these, I'll try timing out the Easy version.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #437 on: November 29, 2009, 05:59:25 AM »
Marisa's a fat pig with a giant hitbox.  Lay off the bacon, FATTY!

*grumbling about a failed 1cc of MoF Marisa B (limited to focused firing when at 3.xx power so as not to abuse the bugged laser) with two clips to Divining Crop, a clip to a streamed bullet in Stage 6, and other clips I don't recall the details of but am pissed about nonetheless.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #438 on: November 29, 2009, 06:02:52 AM »
Doesn't the vsynch patch fix Marisa B?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2009, 06:04:32 AM »
Only if you use the vsync patch for MoF, and turn said bug fix on in the ini.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2009, 06:05:40 AM »
Marisa's a fat pig with a giant hitbox.  Lay off the bacon, FATTY!

Nah, it's probably just that Reimu is anorexic.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #441 on: November 29, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »
Oh, I forgot about that.  I'll try it again later without that additional mindgame of "am I at 3 power?  Crap.  Okay... dodge this focused... crap, I can't do that, okay, stop firing, unfocus, dodge... you're good, focus, fire..."
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #442 on: November 29, 2009, 06:32:24 AM »
Tried UFO (and a Touhou game in general) for the first time in a while.

Failed a Hard 1cc at Shou.  I was sucking really badly, but that's not really the source of my rage so much as the RANDOM-ASS SLOWDOWN AND INPUT LAG SPIKES LOL.  It happens when the fps is set to full, and the vsync patch doesn't help it at all.  Some parts get so unsteady that they become nigh-unplayable.  SA also did stuff like this to(mostly in stage 6), but never to this extent.  I don't know what makes UFO so much worse.  Then when I switch to 1/2 fps, the slowdown is gone, but then I get constant input lag (and the vsync patch still doesn't help).

I really need to get a better computer and I refuse to seriously work on UFO until I do.  And that probably won't be for a good while unfortunately. :-\

« Reply #443 on: November 29, 2009, 06:36:12 AM »
Nah, it's probably just that Reimu is anorexic.
The yin-yang orbs have the power to make you thin.

I don't remember the exact quote, but there's your answer.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #444 on: November 29, 2009, 10:28:26 AM »
1 Death and 2 deathbombs on Possessed by Phoenix. Seriously, will I ever be able to clear this stage? T_T

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #445 on: November 29, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Let's fight.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #446 on: November 29, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »

UFO's really not liking you is it?  :V

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #447 on: November 29, 2009, 04:22:36 PM »

Don't give up! :D
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #448 on: November 29, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »
SA extra, Sanae is not fun, AT ALL !
I captured all Koishi card until genetics once, put Miracle Fruit...I clip death it 75% of the time...
FFFF
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #449 on: November 29, 2009, 06:49:30 PM »
Sanae is the main reason I don't seriously try SA Extra that much. Koishi's hearts as well. I always game over to the first heart spell anytime I make it there due to the fact I can't abuse bombs on it.