Author Topic: Anyone have the PC-98 score files?  (Read 2022 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Anyone have the PC-98 score files?
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:38:14 PM »
I'm been actively trying to unlock Extra on MS for Reimu, Marisa, and/or Mima (because Yuuka's shot is too wide). I've tried dozens of times, and I still can't Normal 1cc, even with the max lives set in the options.

Help? Score files?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Re: Anyone have the PC-98 score files?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »
Why not go for an Easy 1cc instead of a Normal 1cc? That'll unlock it. I'm not sure Extra (in any Touhou game) is that manageable if you can't get a Normal 1cc in that game though.

As for your question, the PC-98 games store score data within the game file itself, so it'd likely require extracting it somehow. I'm not sure about the details.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:14:38 PM »
I'd add that "dozens" is a low-end limit for number of attempts to 1cc Normal, for a lot of people (myself included). Switch to Easy and/or keep trying, bearing in mind that Extra will likely prove very challenging in comparison.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:22:32 PM »
Why not go for an Easy 1cc instead of a Normal 1cc? That'll unlock it. I'm not sure Extra (in any Touhou game) is that manageable if you can't get a Normal 1cc in that game though.

Mystic Square specifically says that you have to do a Normal Clear to unlock it....

But the Easy route applies to DDC, I know for sure.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:57:46 PM »
No, Easy is enough to unlock Extra in MS, PCB, IN, and DDC.

It also works in SoEW, PoFV, and GFW, though you need to clear with all characters/routes in those.