Author Topic: ??????? Quest  (Read 30635 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: ??????? Quest
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2017, 02:47:40 AM »
>Did we know they were this big when we accepted the job?
>You weren't sure of the exact size, given that you hadn't actually seen the wyvern for yourself. You were hoping that individual scales would be a bit smaller than this, though.

>_

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2017, 09:34:42 PM »
>Appraise scales
>Would the scales be accepted broken into pieces or did they have to be full?
>Do we know a method for transporting these scales taking into account their large size?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2017, 10:34:06 PM »
>Appraise scales
>Would the scales be accepted broken into pieces or did they have to be full?
>Do we know a method for transporting these scales taking into account their large size?
>The value of these scales would depend on the buyer.
>To most people, the scales would be worthless. They're far too heavy and cannot be worked with to have any practical use.
>To someone trying to prove the existence of a legend, the scales would be worth a lot more. You would have to know the buyer in order to determine the scale's worth to them.
>If someone knew a method of working with the scales, the scales would be of immense value to them. The defensive power of these scales is unrivaled.
>If you knew a method of breaking these scales into pieces, they wouldn't be very special.
>Once you leave the labyrinth, there should be a carriage waiting for you that you could load the scales onto. As for getting the scales outside, you'll most likely have to carry them unless you can think of an alternative method.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2017, 10:37:08 PM »
>Do we know the identity of the client/buyer and the reason they wanted the scales?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2017, 11:36:53 PM »
>Do we know the identity of the client/buyer and the reason they wanted the scales?
>The client is a slave, owned by the current generation's hero. You do not know their name.
>You do not know why they wanted the scales.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2017, 01:22:16 PM »
>Assess surrounding people for persuasive leverage: researcher, assistant, beastwoman, blond man, redheaded man.

Even if we got each person to help us carry the scales, it would take 3 trips, unless the men are much stronger than us. 

>Do we know how the wyvern died?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2017, 03:15:56 PM »
>Assess surrounding people for persuasive leverage: researcher, assistant, beastwoman, blond man, redheaded man.

>Do we know how the wyvern died?
>What exactly would you be looking for?
>You do not. As far as your knowledge goes, Adustus should still be captive somewhere within the labyrinth.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2017, 05:53:23 AM »
>How far is the labyrinth exit from here? If we leave, will we be able to come back in for multiple scale-carrying trips?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2017, 07:11:33 AM »
>How far is the labyrinth exit from here? If we leave, will we be able to come back in for multiple scale-carrying trips?
>Not very. After leaving the laboratory and exiting through the wooden door, a flight of stairs is all that separates you from the outside world.
>You should be able to, assuming that there are no objections from your party.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2017, 11:44:58 PM »
>What was the purpose of getting ourselves stuck in the dungeon to begin with if it's easy to get inside and out? Was there something else we wanted to accomplish here?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2017, 12:52:19 AM »
>What was the purpose of getting ourselves stuck in the dungeon to begin with if it's easy to get inside and out? Was there something else we wanted to accomplish here?
>Normally, it wouldn't be that easy. The guards stationed all around the entry to the labyrinth to prevent someone from discovering it by accident would have stopped you long before you came anywhere close to it.
>Other than collecting the scales, you have no pressing business to attend to within the labyrinth.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2017, 11:51:39 PM »
>Would the client happen to be a beastperson?
>If the client is a slave, who is paying us for this request?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2017, 01:24:44 AM »
>Would the client happen to be a beastperson?
>If the client is a slave, who is paying us for this request?
>The client is human.
>Either the slave or the hero. You aren't entirely sure about which of the two actually made the request.

>_
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:37:45 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Conqueror

« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2017, 04:53:56 AM »
>Would it be within our means and would we have the capability to pay our companions if we needed to do so to persuade them to help us?
>Appraise the slime. Do we recognize it?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
>Would it be within our means and would we have the capability to pay our companions if we needed to do so to persuade them to help us?
>Appraise the slime. Do we recognize it?
>You currently have nothing of value on your person, barring your knife.
>There wouldn't be many people willing to pay much for ownership of a monster. You probably wouldn't even be able to raise a single coin for it.
>You do not recognize this particular breed of slime but, then again, you always had difficulty telling slimes apart.

>_