~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments
Sparen's Code Dump (Final updates)
<< < (2/82) > >>
Sparen:
I know about the lag.

The issue is that the only way to stop the lag is to lower the amount of bullets, and that breaks some of the patterns.

Oh well. Might as well make that 'Easy Mode.' [Well, it's a Phantasm stage... but if it needs to be more playable, I'll cut the bullets]

Edit: Scrap that. I don't have a copy of the pre-obfuscated Phantasm only stage. I should've kept a copy. Either way, Extra isn't that great, so I don't want to risk it. And the main game... well, you'll have to wait for me to port it to Danmakufu. That'll take about a year or more, depending on how much free time I have and how quickly I learn Danmakufu. Still, an Utsuho player script would be pretty damn awesome if I can draw. [I.E, I can't draw pixel art]
PhantomSong:

--- Quote from: Sparen on November 13, 2012, 11:51:51 PM ---I know about the lag.

The issue is that the only way to stop the lag is to lower the amount of bullets, and that breaks some of the patterns.

Oh well. Might as well make that 'Easy Mode.' [Well, it's a Phantasm stage... but if it needs to be more playable, I'll cut the bullets]

Edit: Scrap that. I don't have a copy of the pre-obfuscated Phantasm only stage. I should've kept a copy. Either way, Extra isn't that great, so I don't want to risk it. And the main game... well, you'll have to wait for me to port it to Danmakufu. That'll take about a year or more, depending on how much free time I have and how quickly I learn Danmakufu. Still, an Utsuho player script would be pretty damn awesome if I can draw. [I.E, I can't draw pixel art]

--- End quote ---

Scripting damakufu is far from difficult.
Allow me to direct you to:
Helopolis' Damakufu Tutorial Playlist It's a very nice way to learn Damakufu. Even for people who've never even scripted before (like me!  :ohdear:)
(I may be spriting Utsuho soon  :derp: So if I can get someone to script it would be good.)
Sparen:
I already know about the tutorials. I just have to learn about object bullets, tasks, and all of the image rendering.
Lunasa Prismriver:
I think a lot of your existing patterns can be easily done with CreateShot01, CreateShotA and familiars.  :)
Sparen:
The issue: CreateShotA and tasks.

My scripts are like this: I set up a timing system before each attack, and that timer controls the script. Basically, the 'mod' function does everything (count % ### in Danmakufu). Then I have special exits or things that are set up. All of the wallbouncing, QEDing, gravity effects, and more are built into each bullet's running script. Those are equivalent to tasks in Danmakufu. Then, of course, I have other issues besides these.

I use links. I have no clue how to translate that into Danmakufu. I also use turtles-own variables to control bullet headings. I have no clue how to do that on Danmakufu. I also have time lapses and bullet splitting, along with premature deaths. If I could get that into Danmakufu, my Suiroga player script's spellcards would be done by now. Then I base things off of patches, such as where to spawn familiars or bullets. I could try to do that in Danmakufu, but it wouldn't work.

Then comes my biggest enemy: random.

Yes, Danmakufu supports it. But my scripts were never meant to have replays made. And so, the CommanData stuff is enough to knock me out. I have no clue on how to make a stable replay on Danmakufu with my abuse of random.

And finally, Danmakufu uses a different coordinate system, a different angle system, a different drawing system, a different language, a different format for everything, and can't play sound on my computer (and won't) until the people over at Wine Bugzilla figure out why sound doesn't work on Danmakufu. It freezes Danmakufu, and screens don't update for some reason. So I'm stuck.

However, it's true that a lot of my patterns can be done in Danmakufu. Quadruple Visionary Tuning, for example. And Rings of Eternity, Demystify Feast, etc. The question is about the rest of them.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version