Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364708 times)

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
While I can't answer many questions, there is at least this:

Spoiler:
Heaven & Hell Meltdown
is a normal Card that you have to take out by depleting the Health Bar.
During
Spoiler:
Subterranean Sun
she's bound to one-shot anybody except for really tough people that use Guard and someone with Grit once she has taken some damage.
She does lose her extra attack and Accuracy Bonus so you can somewhat reliably dodge her attacks with people that are designed to dodge. I managed to take out the entire health bar of that spell in one turn iirc. It's not that much compared to other attacks so I doubt it will suddenly be twice as large as the ones for her previous Spellcards.

Also: Suwako can debuff Armor? I assume it's something she learns later on.

Nah, Mishaguji-sama is an armor debuff, even if it does not hit, I think that is not intended.

EDIT: I did it!

Almost did not make it to the end, Marisa (not Alice as shown on my downed screen) got smoked with
Spoiler:
Heaven and Hell Meltdown
as I was keep her in critical health to get accurate Master Sparks.   with one less attacker, the battle became a huge damage race.  Thankfully, Reactor of Life also takes away HP Regen, making it possible.  I just like to say that she is actually doing quite outlandish numbers as her health is winding down, I pretty much crashed everyone in after they have used up all the seishins in the last health bar.  Yukari took 11,000 Damage and died, Kaguya took 20,000 take under Iron Wall and died, it is ridiculous.  The record holder was my sacrifice, Hourai Doll that took a whooping 68,000 damage.  Thankfully, the evasion based units like the Mikos will prevail with the Fury Command in low health.

I just like to say that Hard Mode is actually Hard this time, I shudder at the thought at Lunatic, as
Spoiler:
Yorihime
that can cast Strike, also
Spoiler:
Berserk Okuu
that casts of his 255 Seishin bank to low cost Fury and Strike.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:32:20 AM by c l e a r »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Congratulations on making it!
Luckily letting people die no longer has any penalties and I guess they did that because they realized that there are points in the later games on higher difficulties that just demand sacrifices.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
One more thing I like to mention is that she DOES stop using
Spoiler:
Giga Flare
.  After the event where
Spoiler:
Orin
goes to talk to
Spoiler:
Okuu
, and
Spoiler:
Heaven and Hell Meltdown
drops, she will only use
Spoiler:
Heaven and Hell Meltdown
, and
Spoiler:
Subterranean Sun
respectively on her turn.  She also WILL attack
Spoiler:
Orin
, as opposed to dodging or defending when confronting her directly.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Ugh, for some reason I can't get Lady A to show up in the Chronicles. She's the last character I need to complete it and it's pretty frustrating that she refuses to appear. Yeah, there's also some glossary terms I'm missing but...arghhhhhhhhhhh. What am I doing wrong?

Quote from: SirSystemError
also since i don't got an account on shrinemaiden and am too lazy to register one, the answer to soul devourer's question in the touhou wars topic to get lady a in the chronicles, is that you need to view a particular suspend conversation.

(basically you just need to keep resetting until you get it.)

Glossary terms: there's a few stubborn ones. a couple easy to miss ones come from having kurumi attack sunny in C12, and getting the bonus conversation in C4-Reimu with akyu

Someone from my stream answered your question.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:28:46 AM by Yookie »

Spoiler:
"Byakuren" appears once in the comment for the code that resets transformed units (e.g. Hakutaku Keine) after a stage ends.

Not all suspend conversations can be viewed at any point in the game. Here are the conditions required:
1. Reimu route
2. Marisa route
4. Stage 35 beaten
5. Stage 36 beaten, conversation #4 unlocked
6. Stage 35 beaten
7. Stage 36 beaten
8. Stage 35 beaten
9. Stage 35 beaten
10. Stage 37 beaten
11. Stage 35 beaten
12. Stage 37 beaten
13. Stage 37 beaten
14. Stage 35 beaten
15. Stage 37 beaten
16. Stage 35 beaten, Reimu route
17. Stage 35 beaten, Marisa route
18. Stage 36 beaten, Reimu route
19. Stage 36 beaten, Reimu route
20. Stage 36 beaten
21. Stage 36 beaten, Marisa route
22. Carried over from Mystic
23. Stage 37 beaten, Marisa route
24. Stage 37 beaten
25. Carried over from Mystic
26. Carried over from Mystic
27-28. Episode synopses
29. Stage 37 beaten
30-52. Episode synopses
53. All other conversations unlocked

One Glossary item ("Firefly", after "Pagoda" and before "Master Spark") in Eternal cannot be unlocked as of 1.0.4.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:31:34 PM by HertzDevil »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
So, you know about Chapter 49, the one after that fight?
Imho it's more troublesome than 48, but that aside I just got to do this chapter again on my second playthrough and basically approached it the same way as the first time:
Screw the WP-bonus, beat up all the rabbits for massive points, PP & Exp.
The first time I got into the map I beat up Yorihime, thinking she would go away.
She doesn't. It also didn't show me that I got her item (or I didn't see), so I reset since it took a huge amount of resources to do that.
So back then I left it at beating up all rabbits.

Not today though. Every single rabbit dead, Yorihime beaten up, stupid item get. RIP Luna Child, you died a valiant death protecting the ever-targeted Kurumi.
But it's a nice feeling to have the moon-arc behind yourself. :V

And yes, the item does nothing whatsoever. Updated the equipment-chart though. Looks quite complete by now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:09:42 PM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Hot off the press, this update from 9/27:
http://sanbondo.blog81.fc2.com/
They will allow uploaded game play videos very soon.  Nico already has a few already.

From a first glance, there are two unit changes, Reimu and Yuyuko.
- Reimu can now enter "Muusou Tensei" mode after the "Visionary Miko" Event, at Power 150.  It will last for 3 turns (think Gravion from the beginning of Z1), Gain Ability: Visionary Miko: Evasion +25%, all Graze damage nullified.

- Yuyuko gains "Ghastly Butterfly Dance"
When facing an opponent will a difference in "Technique" stat, Evasion +.  Effect increases if Yuyu's Technique stat is higher.

I gotta go to class now, I will find out more later.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Then I guess I now know the reason for both why mook enemies almost always have about 0% hitchance against Yuyuko
and why I couldn't use Phantasy Nature with Reimu anymore.
Though on my version (1.1.0) Reimu's ability reads slightly different. It mentions gaining access to aforementioned attack and entering a state with something about "Miko" which will probably be the "Visionary Miko" state.
She in fact does gain the Visionary Miko ability after activating the other one at 150 Power and it then is listed for its duration in her character sheet. I should read more closely.
And it indeed enables Phantasy Nature. Reimu also dodges with her eyes closed and the ability-name shows at the top left.
It does make her kinda really useful for the duration though since she just needs to have at least a chance of dodging when there would be no danmaku present. (It does kinda sorta make the "Grazing" ability less useful on her but also not really.)

And the fact that Yuyuko's ability is called the way it is makes me kinda happy about how accurate my translation for her one ability is that reads the same except that it has two more Kanji at the end.
They probably gave it to her as a trade-off for breaking her already broken SP-recovery ability. :V

The 1.1.0 patch also has changed some animations (Reimu's Sealing Needles look a little different and her Phantasy Seal now has one more scene when not finishing the target) and gave Marisa her Master/Final Spark theme back. There's probably other things on other characters that I didn't notice since I didn't use them.
Some items have different icons as well.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:44:57 PM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
When you enter that mode using your menu, you will see this ability.  The screencap is Visionary Miko.

Also, the game has overall graphical improvements.  Big Window mode no longer looks pixelated.  Font improvements.
Imma begin my Marisa Route playthrough soon.

By the way, Yookie, do you mind tell me Marisa Route's
Spoiler:
Satori Spells
, I am under the impression that it is different depending on which route you played on.

EDIT: Was Yuyu's broken SP Regen fixed?

But hey, this visionary miko mode makes it much easier to deal with
Spoiler:
Berserk Utsuho
when it kills you even if she manage to hit a nice dice roll and die to that graze damage. 
Spoiler:
Yorihime
, on the other hand... :V You don't even have it.  This really makes her the toughest boss in the game by a loooong shot.

EDIT 2:  Also, there are new team names.  Mokou + Kaguya is now named "Hourai Doll".  Rumia + Flandre is named "Insanity within Darkness" and among other things.  I guess Sanbando are noticing people are pairing Flan/Remi along with Rumia lol.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:57:32 PM by c l e a r »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
I've noticed that the numbers in the battle scenes look kinda "jagged" for me when I use Full Screen. I didn't mind how it looked before and don't really see anything else that looks necessarily "better".
Also, when you don't have the character display in the top left active (the thing where you can cycle through map/terrain info/stuff) then the Health numbers become really big when placing the cursor on someone.

Spoiler:
Satori's spells are indeed different on Marisa's route.
First one is
Spoiler:
"Kappa's Flash Flood", Nitori's first (? I can't ever remember if she even has 2 cards, I think it's only 1) Spellcard in You when you fight her with Marisa. In the next spoiler is what it does.
Spoiler:
The danmaku makes everybody in it considered to be in Water and she summons 4 Kappa in groups of 2 who have 2 charges of Support defense and 1 Support attack. Satori herself is not standing in the danmaku.
Second one is
Spoiler:
Flandre's "And there there was None" from Kou. It has a very unique twist
Spoiler:
in that is isn't an actual timeout spell but you can only attack Satori while not standing in her Danmaku. Still a Map-attack though.

Yuyu's broken broken Sp-regen is still both broken in that it is op and broken in that it is non-functional.
The 1.10 patch seems to have done something to the Final Boss's last phase because I had no troubles whatsoever in my first run but now
Spoiler:
Okuu just gained so much Power that most of my people only hit for 10. I think they changed it from her getting Power per Turn to Power at certain Health intervals. But hey, at least I didn't have any casualties. :V I will return to it nontheless and properly beat her up. (I will also give Alice 1 less kill. She got to 127, the same amount that Yuuka has and thus stole her spot.
Spoiler:
Yorihime is mostly "abuse her lack of range, then spam defensive Seishin and have a proper formation that guards key-characters."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:04:39 PM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I've noticed that the numbers in the battle scenes look kinda "jagged" for me when I use Full Screen. I didn't mind how it looked before and don't really see anything else that looks necessarily "better".
Also, when you don't have the character display in the top left active (the thing where you can cycle through map/terrain info/stuff) then the Health numbers become really big when placing the cursor on someone.

Spoiler:
Satori's spells are indeed different on Marisa's route.
First one is
Spoiler:
"Kappa's Flash Flood", Nitori's first (? I can't ever remember if she even has 2 cards, I think it's only 1) Spellcard in You when you fight her with Marisa. In the next spoiler is what it does.
Spoiler:
The danmaku makes everybody in it considered to be in Water and she summons 4 Kappa in groups of 2 who have 2 charges of Support defense and 1 Support attack. Satori herself is not standing in the danmaku.
Second one is
Spoiler:
Flandre's "And there there was None" from Kou. It has a very unique twist
Spoiler:
in that is isn't an actual timeout spell but you can only attack Satori while not standing in her Danmaku. Still a Map-attack though.

ah, yes, the big numbers is probably an oversight, should be fixed on the next patch.  They had this problem before.
I love how
Spoiler:
Satori
spells are similar in either route.  The first spell both summon scrubs, and the second spell both involves her hiding, in which making you use the bomb. :V

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
She's still in plain sight in Marisa's route and anyone with 4 or more range can attack her without troubles.

The team names are interesting. I mean, pairing Rumia with Flan or Remi makes so much sense since she does have her Nightfield ability that even works on her teampartner if Rumia is in the back. I wonder if they are purely cosmetic or if those teams also confer some kind of bonus (outside of something like Rumia+Scarlet working really well)

Here's some (less obvious than things like Ran+Yukari) I found:
Sakuya & Youmu
Eirin & Yukari
Youmu & Momiji (something with "Meido", Sword Maidens maybe?)
Mystia & any of the Prismriver sisters
Cirno & any of the Three Light Fairies
Sakuya & Komachi (could've figured that one though)
Letty & Lily
Letty & the Aki sisters
Elly & Komachi (True Death-scythe)
Aya & Mystia
Nazrin & Chen
Daiyousei & Lily White (something about Spring)
Yukari & Suika
Yuuka & Patchouli (Satellite Himawari)
Yuuka & Sunny

I didn't try out every combination but just the ones I though could have something.
(I have a save-file after mission 37 so I'll probably soon enough play until Marisa's and Reimu's paths reunite just to check every possible combination with Yuuka. :V)
Apparently Mima got nerfed in that her ability that powers her up when hitting 130 Power no longer makes all of her attacks P-type.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:24:55 AM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Got to Yuuka in Marisa Route, I think team names are purely cosmetic.

Mima + Yuuka has a title, can't read it too well.
Alice + Yuuka is called Seven Colored Wicked Flower
Mima + Marisa is called Magicial Apprentices
Kurumi + Koua is called Magic Recycler

There is no Wriggle + Yuuka though, all my whats.  :(
Also, the Japanese Wiki is starting to update the routes, I'm guessing that Sanbando does not want anyone to crack open the game/do gameplay videos until they say they are "done" (with this patch 1.1.0).

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
The way Yuuka works in battle is mostly broken. She has Bunshin, Pattern Type, Shield-Block and Parry all of which are boosted by Luck.

On top of that she deals some serious damage and is able to oneshot almost any normal enemy, given you upgrade her. So for someone to really touch her Yuuka needs to not get a Counter-attack, they need to get through a 60% to 80% Proc-chance Mirror Image (depending on if you have Luck lvl1 or lvl2 with or without her Luck-boosting ability) and if that fails she can still Parry/Block and she doesn't even take much damage if she gets hit.
Imagine you had to fight something that by default evades 80% of your hits.

If you had her for the entire game it would be so much easier. But maybe that's just because I upgraded everything on her to lvl10. :V
And you should also take my comments on anything regarding Yuuka's usefulness in any game with caution given that I will always do everything in my might to give her the best stuff available.

You can kinda replicate that (the thing with Pattern Type, Parry, Luck) with Sakuya and her Private Square but that only gets to 50% chance much later on, she has a lower damage-output (even if I were to upgrade her attacks to lvl10. I have Yuyuko with lvl10 attacks and she deals less damage than Yuuka did which has to do with one of Yuuka's abilities and the fact that I gave her Power-limit Break which I couldn't on Yuyu and Saku.) and also lacks Shield-Block.
It still is very useful though. Even Sakuya gets hard to hit like that and has some rather nice crit-chances.
(I guess Chen could do it as well since she does have Bunshin but screw Chen. She also lacks even Parry and probably deals even less damage than Sakuya)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:30:07 AM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Yes, Yuuka is quite a unique character in this game.  She is simply lovely to solo.

Also, an interesting tidbit that I found. 
Spoiler:
Yukari
from Stage 40 Marisa, retains her
Spoiler:
Sukima Travel Pattern
from You.  For those of you unfamiliar, unlike what the description of
Spoiler:
Sukima
would suggest, she does not
Spoiler:
travel anywhere as she pleases.
  Instead, how far she goes is determined by difficulty: 10 on Easy, and 12 or so on Normal 18 on Hard here.  She also dives at you if you ever go into
Spoiler:
Ran's
Range, which is another 10-12 range (idk).

So, tl; dr, if you do not move at all in the beginning of the stage, her AI is forced to
Spoiler:
travel 12 spaces
to the side (and be stuck there) and you will get a MUCH, MUCH easier time, and you can even take her down if you use Yuuka's Coresion and dive in with a proper setup.

Also, why the hell does everyone get so cheesed when you take down
Spoiler:
Dai-chan
Spoiler:
Some people like Momiji or Sanae
, is all take "I failed to protect the weak", while they just stood there, while
Spoiler:
Team 9-ball
try to take us down.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:24:19 AM by c l e a r »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
At least on Normal mode she never moved early enough for me to matter. Once she started moving almost everybody on the enemy team was already shot down anyway.
The reason they are so negative about you shooting down Daiyousei is simply because that makes them lose their healer. :V
By the way, which one did you think is more difficult? Marisa's or Reimu's version of the Stage 40 fight? I've only played Marisa's but heard some things about Reimu's concerning Sunny and also Yuuka.  :V
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:27:33 AM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
At least on Normal mode she never moved early enough for me to matter. Once she started moving almost everybody on the enemy team was already shot down anyway.
The reason they are so negative about you shooting down Daiyousei is simply because that makes them lose their healer. :V
By the way, which one did you think is more difficult? Marisa's or Reimu's version of the Stage 40 fight? I've only played Marisa's but heard some things about Reimu's concerning Sunny and also Yuuka.  :V

At Hard mode, she dives down immediately, first Move; That's why this exploit is necessary.
In terms of
Spoiler:
Dai-chan
... come on.  It's not like when we have her, everyone else gave a spat about her dying.  I mean, come on, I would KILL for a
Spoiler:
Dai with 13,000 HP
.  It is your damn fault for not knowing how to use it. :V

After playing through both versions, I say Reimu route was harder (in terms of getting WP and completing it).  Here is why:
- Both Prismriver Teams and Three Fairy Teams, they are both tanky (rightfully so), and there is no bombs to deal with the Three Fairies team, meaning you can't hit them. This is a major problem, if you manage to go into their range and she starts moving.  You just have to hope she does not open her danmaku field when she moves.
- All the units simply refuse to come down unlike Marisa's route, you can go fetch them, but this will trip Marisa into action.  Her action range is 1-11, which pretty much means if you try to fetch say, Kanako and Suwako, into action, Marisa will swing to the left and that is not a good thing with her field (Null Instinct Dodge).  Right is not an option, as the Three Fairies are there.
- I did not even get to Yuuka, I assume her MAP is not a pretty sight to deal with.
- Oh, and Marisa has a MAP spell, not the most frightening MAP, but scary nonetheless.
EDIT: I think Sunny may be able to be Coresed, as her ability slots are full just like Yukari was.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:39:59 PM by c l e a r »

Although sakuya is weaker in terms of damage output, there is definitely one area she excels in, mob killing. Just send her off in the direction where mobs are and watch them all get hit for like 10k damage(with whoever her support partner is)

Also i capped all cards on Yorihime. It only took two real attempts and i pulled the strategy i used out of the blue for the fight. I'm expecting this to work on hard as well, but thats future me's job to figure out.

VOD: http://www.twitch.tv/steveroxyou/c/5240924

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Eh, Sakuya never managed to oneshot anything above she semi-frail mobs for me. But I also didn't fully upgrade her attacks. Yuyuko can do it though, but she had lvl10 on attacks. :V
In the end anyone with lvl10 on attacks can oneshot trash. Then it is just a matter of being able to survive it.
Sakuya will just always suffer from me comparing her to Yuuka since they both fight in a similar way. And Yuuka will always win in my eyes. I still recognize Sakuya's worth. (I mean, I did put her into my team even though she was rather disappointing in You. :V)

The problem with Yorihime is mostly just her ridiculous accuracy and evasion. Since you can bypass both via Seishin it is only a matter of finding some people who can whittle her down safely so that you don't have to spend all your SP on that. For that you really only need to protect your partymembers whom she likes to attack, outrange her and have people with Strike, Sense, Alert, Grit or something.
Because if you hit her she actually takes significant amounts of damage so rushing down key Spellcards like the one where she moves through people or her last one with the MAP spell is rather simple.
That also shouldn't change too much on Hard but I suppose there will be other surprises for the higher difficulties. (I'll just never play them since you get less Points and I like upgrading my people. :v)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
I'm rather certain that starting from You, you'll get the same amount of points as Normal even if you play on higher difficulties.
Signature

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
I'm rather certain that starting from You, you'll get the same amount of points as Normal even if you play on higher difficulties.
B-but I'd still lose points from starting in Kou for the carryover file. :<

No, jokes aside: I just went and tried it. Turns out you get the same amount of points on Hard in You, at least from that one green fairy on the right side of the first mission.

Maybe one day, but Kou is so clunky to play. :V
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:16:15 PM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
So I was replaying, and I noticed some drastic differences in the IN Chapter...

In Scenario 42:
- Useless Little Bunny Reisen has 3 Youkai Rabbit that Guards her.  Does not move.
- Eirin has 2 Youkai Rabbits that does the same thing.  Does not move.
- Eirin's Final Spell's ailment has now changed, it is now very dangerous.  Her 1-3 range now cannot be passed, but that is the least of your worries.  The entire spell now seals ALL COMMANDS; anyone in the danmaku zone cannot move at all.  If you move into the zone, you cannot do anything either.  You get 2 bombs for this stage, in order to capture it, you pretty much have to chain bomb it with 2 units (with one being in the zone after the first).  I still got the WP though (all luck).

In Scenario 43:
- End of Imperishable Night now has a MAP Attack, range is exactly as the danmaku shows it.
- End of Imperishable Night now does not take off Robe of the Fire Rat (she gets 5 special ability slots!), making it more difficult.

I shutter at the thought of what else they can do other bosses.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:22:06 AM by c l e a r »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
You were playing on Hard or something, right? Because I can't remember that at all from my last playthrough.
Then again, if that's a change from a new patch then maybe I just got to that point (and passed it) before 1.10.

What was the range on Eirin's danmaku in that phase? If it's 7 or less you could potentially take her down with really high range attacks (Marisa, Reimu, Alice, Yuuka, Yuyuko all could reach her and a maybe some others as well)
Because I really don't like when they make you bomb in order to capture the Spellcard. It just doesn't feel right.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
It is most likely changed from 1.10 and on.
The spell looks like it is 7 range, just in Marisa's range (sitting there from Master Spark), so I can chain bomb from there.

Honestly though, you could just sit there against it; The Spell is on a timer.  Capturing it is different, the problem is that Eirin has Guard L2, couple that with being 7 is a - Power, she also has 38,000 HP~ on Hard which is so hard to cheese.  You would need Fury/Valor to deal damage, which is the kind of luxury you do not have cause running up there takes good planning for the WP.  Also, time, getting up there to both bosses wastes turns, 1 turn on Reisen, and 2 turns for Eirin (getting there and wasting them).  Let me tell you my plan that got up to Reisen in Turn 6.

- Carry Ran and Yuuka, their MAPs are clutch for the WP.
- Aya + Yukari combo, Yukari needs to use her "Spiriting Away" Unique Command.
- Turn 1, Mystia will cast Night Bird Song on Aya, giving her ample Evasion.  She will be the target for EVERYTHING that is in range for the turn, this is required.
- Pack everyone else on the ship.  Have Aya cast Accel/Super Accel on herself, go as far as possible, hit something, don't get hit, Quick Save the game.
- Aya needs to survive the onslaught, not required, but losing someone on turn 1 is just dumb imho.  She should be okay since she is in focus movement.
- Turn 2, pack Mystia on the ship.  Now switch from Aya to Yukari, now use Spirit Away and put the ship right next to you.  Push everyone else out and waste them.

From then on, you have to move everyone closer to the Reisen every turn, otherwise you will not make it for the WP. 
Eirin is just way too potent, in order to use less resources against her (on hard), you have to put her to near death on her non spell bar, then whack the rest (from her ability Regen) along with the half she regens from the event.  By then, it was Turn 10, and I have 1 turn each to whack a 2 lifebars to win.  I won on the last move, on the last turn.

Also, thing is, you do not want to use your range attackers since the most of them will leave permanently/ a long time and you want the charas that will go to the moon with you to get the PP and level ups , which you already know why I am over preparing.

EDIT: According to the Japanese Wiki, both Yorihime and Berserk Utsuho have been toned down significantly... to a point.
If you choose not to piss off Yorihime, her HP is not that to deal with at all... on Normal at least.  Depending on how you answer in the beginning however, her HP boosts are completely changed instead of just the opening health bar.  For your reference, if you choose to deal with Yorihime with her completely mad, she has 64,000 on her last bar on NORMAL, which pretty means, you don't capture this in time.  Regardless, her HP is much more manageable now in reference to her abilities, I won't know until I deal with her though.

Berserk Utsuho, on the other hand, has become much more manageable on both ends, she used to have 40,000 HP on hard, which is just stupid with Guard L2, now it is a much more tame 30,000 HP, and a bit less than that in all her first 4 Spell phases.  In contrast, now her Subterranean Sun has much more health now, it used to have 40,000 on hard, and now it has ~50,000.  This final phase is now going to be a doozy considering she has L8 Potential on a 50,000 body.  Oh yea, the attack now has a dynamic kill animation.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:24:28 PM by c l e a r »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
I've noticed Okuu being changed when playing for the second time. Most of my team couldn't scratch her in the last phase so I had to time out, though I will return to that one day on that save file.
I swear, she used to power up per turn and not by Hp lost. I really can't remember her getting to her 500 Power on my first run.

About Eirin having Lvl2 Guard: I always had Lunasa, Komachi & Rumia who all have the Daunt Seishin so disabling such things when needed never really was a problem for me.
And out of the long-range characters I mentioned you really only can't take Yuyuko and Yuuka with you to the moon.

Good luck in your endeavors on the moon. :V

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Ooookay, so I looked into Eirin's final spell a little more, after watch a guy going in blind on nico on normal mode.

- On Easy, seals Movment and Attack commands. (Please confirm)
- On Normal, addtional seals Bomb command.
- On Hard and above, addtional seals Seishin command.

Also, it looks like that her danmaku field is bigger.  I will dig further.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
Continuous Attack - The user may take another turn if she shoots an enemy down while this Seishin is active.
It's called "Zeal". Staple spirit in SRW.

Description is "一度だけ、行動回数が増える". Doesn't say anything about having to defeat an enemy. There IS a spirit that gets you another turn when defeating an enemy or enemy twin that's in the SRWOGs games for PS2 and PS2, called "連撃".

I'm surprised that Ep3 brought back spirits that hadn't been seen in regular SRW for AGES. By the way, Sanae's unique spirit is simply called "Miracle". That was also in SRW, although it's an old spirit and has only appeared a handful of times after 2000. Just Alpha 1, all three Compacts iirc (well, more like six because Compact 2 is in three parts), Impact, and Advance (but not Portable).
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
I'm pretty sure I tested that Seishin and it only granted a second action when you either killed something or ended a Spellcard with that attack. And it was called continuous attack where I looked.
Checked again, I'll rename it and correct the description. Done, thank you for telling me.

About Sanae's: I really just named it like that because it sounds cool. :V
You activate it and everyone knows that things are going to go down. It needs an awesome name and "Miracle" just doesn't cut it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:26:27 PM by Yookie »

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
I'm the Resident SRW Superfan, so if there's anything you need clarification on, just ask. I'm not that far in these games myself (just beat Patchy in Ep1). They're...kind of suffering. Your hitrates are BAD (level cap of 20 in part 1 which I discovered via hacking exp = almost no increase at all in performance), the RNG hates my guts so much you'd think I'd banged his wife or something, and I keep hitting enemies within an inch of their life but not killing them. It's Windanium: The Game.

Windanium is any time in SRW an allied or enemy unit is expected to die to an attack but survives with a very small amount of HP. So named for someone on /m/ hitting a Windam from Gundam Seed Destiny down to 1 HP in SRWL. The caption was "WINDAMS: MADE OF WINDANIUM ALLOY."
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
I never really had bad hit-rate problems in any of the games except for certain bosses who are expected to be good at evading.
Granted, many characters in your team in Scarlet will hit 100% (or even 90%) Hit-chance (Reimu is decently good at hitting, Rumia during the night-chapters, Youmu as well) but most of the time it can be fixed by using Strike or Focus (not looking at you, Marisa).
In the later games accuracy is even less an issue since you get more options in terms of items and skills that properly increase that.

Enemies narrowly surviving attacks is mostly an issue of knowing how much damage certain types can take imho. At least with mooks.
The thing that bothered me about that in the first game is that there are quite some bosses that flee at low health. Luckily that only returns once in You and then never again.
Most fodder enemies can be reliably one-shot from You onwards as well.

The problem with Scarlet is just that it's really unrefined and you shouldn't judge the series by that game.
Really, You adds about twice the quality over Scarlet.