Author Topic: [RO] Ragnarok Online - now with our own IRC!  (Read 98259 times)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
[RO] Ragnarok Online - now with our own IRC!
« on: December 17, 2010, 09:35:25 PM »
Welp, the lot of us in the PSL IRC are playing on EssenceRO.

Feel free to join us, if you want - www.essencero.com
It's a 75/75/50 server. Pretty easy to get where you want to be, but still hard enough to make getting WHAT you want rewarding.

Haephastus
Alex of Spades
Najhadat
Arc Isatier
Serantor
Acied Nearl
Sakage
Useless Door Guard
Nieri
Lapidum
Osrie
and, of course, Esifex

.....I have a lot of characters :>

To save the PSL IRC channel from being buried under RO spam, we now have our own channel!
Via ppirc.net, just like the PSL chats, the channel name is #ROmeido.

Again, that's #ROmeido.

Swing by, say hi, and get an invite to the MotK guild!

MotK also has its own server! http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,8045.0.html
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:05:17 PM by ♪ TheStupidOne ♫ »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
Re: Ragnarok Online
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 10:35:50 PM »
I've been horribly distracted by other things and apologize for not being on that much.  :blush:

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 12:47:39 AM »
>Useless Door Guard

pfffffffff

My character will be listed in my signature as the time goes along. So far only one chara, but that will probably change in due time.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 03:09:19 AM »
I'll post some character names when I'm actually up to speed. As it is, I'm just mucking around and hunting up Steel for my gunslinger.

(And thanks for doing me the favor of getting this thread up. It'll be easier to keep ourselves organized since we can't all be on IRC all the time.)

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 03:19:28 AM »
Aargh, I'm being sucked back in...

I've stayed clean on WoW since Ahn'qiraj, but for the life of me, I can't stay away from RO. Gonna make a mechanic and collect all my usual hats, for the approximately 6th time.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 05:37:23 AM »
I've been horribly distracted by other things and apologize for not being on that much.  :blush:

You're fine, bro. It happens to the best of us :D

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 07:57:36 AM »
Kiro and I agreed I should get myself a Lunakaligo.

However, it involves killing these ugly mofos, and I'm wondering the best way to go about it. Should I go the corny Ranger method? :<

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 08:25:36 AM »
I was wondering, what do the 75x and all that mean? I haven't played in well over 1 year, SoYeah.jpg

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 08:33:08 AM »
I was wondering, what do the 75x and all that mean? I haven't played in well over 1 year, SoYeah.jpg

75x Base EXP
75x Job EXP
50x Drop rate EXP, forgot if it's static or if MVPs/bosses have an adjusted rate... I think it's static though

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »
However, it involves killing these ugly mofos, and I'm wondering the best way to go about it. Should I go the corny Ranger method? :<

Fire-150%

Burning Bow + Fire Arrows, baby!

That is a lot of health for my ranger at the moment, but when you guys get around to hunting them, I'd be happy to help if I'm around. The Lunakaligo looks cool too, and 10% isn't a low enough drop rate to discourage me.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 09:32:40 PM »
I'm currently mass-farming Odin's sets - just about every type - and a lot of it is under 10% ;-;

Also, newsies!

We have a dedicated RO IRC channel now. Same domain as the other IRCs - ppirc.net - but the channel is #ROMeido. I'll post that in the first post of the thread, too.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Ragnarok Online - now with our own IRC!
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 04:39:23 AM »
Huh, maybe I should try this server too....
I'm not one for IRC though, never was that interested.

and for that matter, I have no clue what class I should aim for. xD
I've done wizard, aco, swordie, thief, archer, etc, and all of them are enjoyable....I haven't tried merch, slinger, ninja, or supernovice, but that's to be expected.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 05:09:18 AM »
I never played RO though. Is this server more donation based though?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 05:14:24 AM »
For what I remember, all things that are obtainable in-game you can use in-game money to buy, to fight mooks to get it as a drop. I don't think you would get anything at all if you donated, cept maybe a thank you :3

I think I'll get this and play :)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 08:06:27 AM »
This server, donation gets you little tokens you can exchange at NPCs for vanity rewards, like the ability to use the @pettalk command, and use disguises in a certain map, or get a player-owned 'guild-town' (which is pretty much a miniature version of Prontera, minus all the WoE flags, with all the critical npcs right there in the middle).

SOME things can be gotten via donating - typically by getting those tokens and just selling them in-game for loads of money and buying equipment that way.

Hanzo, you should totally make an Alchemist. They're loads of fun, especially if you go the unorthodox route and do something BESIDES lolADspam. I personally am a fan of the Marine Sphere builds, built around an Amistr holding mobs while you wreck havoc on the entire mob for 20k a shot. I've also seen VERY effective plant summoner builds, based around status armor and autocast cards, stacked with Int. Guy wrecked mobs like it was nothing, and had a Vanilmirth on top to help out even more.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 08:17:58 AM »
The thing is, only time I like using mooks to fight for me is in that SMT MMO.

I'm leaning more towards aco -> monk, or thief -> sin, archer -> sniper, or swordie -> 'sader/knight.
I'm not that much for support classes, but a friend of mine who doesn't come to this site is.

However, I can help in structuring parties once I get started, as strategics is where I shine.
Which would mean either that archer upgrade that has a shot for every monster type. (can't recall what it's named right now. :ohdear:)
Or a Mage type.
attacking weakpoints is something I enjoy.

Edit: back on the last private server I played on, I would often powerlevel to 20 in the tutorial zone, for no other reason than to be able to fight foes that I normally wouldn't at the level i would normally be when starting up, making for overall faster job-exp gains.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:42:42 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 10:57:44 AM »
I encourage all people in our guild to use the guild storage to dump great shit what you can't use, or have many of 'em. I already dumped a shitton of Magni's Caps, there are some nice cards and a few pets too.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 01:17:51 PM »
3rd job'd to Archbishop

trying to hunt stuff sux when you're support though judex and adoramus fixes this somewhat :|

yeah Adoramus does use 1200% ATK though so it'd benefit me a lot more than you >_>

Half the time I'd be doing Duple Light+Expiatio and added Eucharistica for Demon/Undead mobs though

Jiju

• Newbie Spriter
  • :3
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »
....Must re-siiist...I won't succumb! ....but this is to much! The cowrings!
Everytime I try to quit RO, something happens and the cycle repeats  :V8x/5x Clown, i wonder if i should wait a few Job levels after i reach 70 before changing to 3rd Class.
This is going to be a long and tedious day of killing nephentes...(with the occational lion rape)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »
....Must re-siiist...I won't succumb! ....but this is to much! The cowrings!
Everytime I try to quit RO, something happens and the cycle repeats  :V8x/5x Clown, i wonder if i should wait a few Job levels after i reach 70 before changing to 3rd Class.
This is going to be a long and tedious day of killing nephentes...(with the occational lion rape)

You can get to job level 90, actually. And it's highly recommended before you go up to 3rd class.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »
Guild is now level 11, with 9 points sunk into the Guild Expansion. We have room for 70 people, so once we all get in with our alts and whatnot, we can start doing in-game recruitment for any people who seem cool enough.

In time, we can get the guild up to MvP'ing status if we so desire - and I kind of do want to get us up to MVP status.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 11:19:40 PM »
My Gunslinger is already at damage-output levels for MVPs... About 140 total Dex and a Lv10 Full Buster. All he probably needs are SP pots and a decent shotgun. :V

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 01:54:46 AM »
   <shadowbringer>   @choose play RO or not play RO
   <Keine>   shadowbringer: I choose...play RO! ^_^V
   <shadowbringer>   :(
(downloading client, if you guys want a newbie to-be-high-wizard. Let me clarify that I'll play as long as there's a MotK guild, and I'll try to level up at an equivalent rate as if I were playing a 5x/5x/5x server.. which means I'll grind about 24 times as less :p  -- I want to spend time in other games and stuff too..)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 05:52:11 AM »
If you know what you're doing, you can go from fresh novice to high novice in about an hour and a half. Faster, even, if you push yourself.

Also, yes, there's an MotK guild. Everyone who's in it from MotK has invite powers; we're normally sitting around in Louyang.

The guild name is Kawaii Strike Force.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 07:48:30 AM »
I'd be playing, but the game DL stuff is refusing to do stuff right. Does not help that everthing I'm seeing is gibberish D: Like Aigis said, I need your halp. Please D:

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 07:51:33 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm taking part of it as well, although I've started RO some days ago.
IRL friends and Meido friends, thanks for all the help!

I'm on EssenceRO as Kerigis, if you want to befriend me and gnaw some 'rings.

Powerup punchin'!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 03:56:19 PM »
I do recommend some sort of voice communication for MVPing as it beats party chat outright.

I guess we could do the TS thing or something :s

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »
Same here Tear, same here.  :ohdear:
Gibberish this, missing .DLL that, and something not wanting to patch.......

...This is a pain.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 06:22:40 PM »
Tear and Hanzo: I had a little trouble using EssenceRO's files since their kRO is patched only up to 2009. How I did it was go to http://www.intense-ro.org/ and download their full client (ver. 5; it was 1.7 gigs). Patch both ragnarok.exe and ragnarok_re.exe (not sure of file names, not at home atm) which were patched up to October 2010 so it'll hopefully be shorter and smoother. You only have to wait till the bottom left button turns from gray to clickable and you don't even need to enter kRO (I tried to do that once and it fucked up my entire installation).

After that's done, change the path of Intense RO's files to C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO. Download the EssenceRO client only and install that into this new directory and it'll override the Intense RO client that was originally in it. Patch that and hopefully you're good to go.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »
Problem.
Intense is refusing to go to the downloads.
I suspect they're having a little trouble.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!