Author Topic: TOHO SKY ARENA, Touhou MBA!  (Read 32526 times)

Re: TOHO SKY ARENA, Touhou MBA!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 08:17:47 AM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF MY PC IS TOO SHIT TO PLAY :qq:

Okay I do have a slight alternative, play on my netbook which has much better specs but far worse keyboard :ohdear:

How... wait what? A netbook with better specs? O_O

If the graphics card is supported, then why not... even on a desktop, using the keyboard is sorta awkward. I can't see a netbook's keyboard being much worse. Cheap solution? Buy a USB gamepad and hook it up :P

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 08:24:41 AM »
How... wait what? A netbook with better specs? O_O
<Dormio> wait
<Dormio> what
<Dormio> hahahahaahaha
<Dormio> your NETBOOK
<Dormio> has better specs than PC?
<Dormio> ahahahahahaha
<~Pesco> yes
It would appear as though we think alike.

I finally got the game.
And holy shit.
It runs smoothly (at 800x600).
Spoiler:
This laptop has no dedicated graphics.
Pity I still need to do this assignment and play Dissidia 012 first though.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:36:20 AM by Caedo »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 10:39:19 AM »
Is there a way to tell when Suwako is gonna use her EX? I'm tired of having her healing everytime I use Subterranean Sun.

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »
That message just says "BGM file cannot be opened." Did you create the tension settings for the BGM file first?

I created the text file that listed the points where tension changed and all the other information, and I had the music itself as a .wav file.

Perhaps if someone could translate the information from the main page? That probably could help.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 01:19:20 PM »
It would appear as though we think alike.

I finally got the game.
And holy shit.
It runs smoothly (at 800x600).
Spoiler:
This laptop has no dedicated graphics.
Pity I still need to do this assignment and play Dissidia 012 first though.

Hahahaha yeah man. I don't think Pesco really means "netbook" though. I can't imagine an Atom processor running this. On the other hand, I do have a netbook here that I'm going to try this on just for fun. If it works, then my guess is that the people who haven't been able to run it so far don't have enough ram. And I know how that feels man. Dammit I have a paper that I was supposed to be writing too, but I wrote all that crap about Youmu. :V

Edit: Great success! I managed to run the thing on my EeePC. It takes a long time to load up initially, but everything runs peachy after that. This thing has a Intel Atom N270 1.6ghz processor, runs WinXP SP3 and has 2gb ram and some Intel 915 integrated graphics card. The slow initial load time is probably due to the SSD. I'm guessing that the game attempts to load every damn thing into ram when you start it up since load times between fights are negligible compared to the initial load time. Since the game takes up 600mb or so of hard disk space, I'm also going to guess that the memory requirements are in the region of 1gb and above. Might help people like tbax who want to play the game - just upgrade your ram and hope for the best. Your processor cannot possibly be any crappier than an Atom N270 and it's almost impossible to do worse than that Intel 915 graphics card.

Is there a way to tell when Suwako is gonna use her EX? I'm tired of having her healing everytime I use Subterranean Sun.

When she uses her ex-spellcard, the green spell circle that appears has rays of light coming out from it and she starts dancing. It looks quite different from her block animation. She will not regenerate health for about half a second or so, at least until the white swirly wind thingy appears around her. Regardless, knock her out of it asap...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:45:52 PM by ApharmdB »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 01:23:38 PM »
Hahahaha yeah man. I don't think Pesco really means "netbook" though. I can't imagine an Atom processor running this.
It is a netbook, it has a 2.6 Ghz processor and 1 GB RAM.
Pescar's computer just sucks.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 01:43:23 PM »
It is a netbook, it has a 2.6 Ghz processor and 1 GB RAM.
Pescar's computer just sucks.
My computer's worse

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 02:21:14 PM »
I created the text file that listed the points where tension changed and all the other information, and I had the music itself as a .wav file.

Perhaps if someone could translate the information from the main page? That probably could help.

Just tried it myself. Make sure the wave file is at least 1 min long and most importantly, the path and filename must be less than 40 characters long (part of the instructions from the manual). I put mine in the root directory of F: so that it's only "F:\BGM.wav" and "F:\BGMTension.txt". If your file still cannot be opened, consider opening it in something like Audacity and re-exporting it as a wav file.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2011, 03:46:56 PM »
Also follow the instructions for Tension/Climax formats, the editor won't accept your file if, say, it's all High Tension and Climax.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 12:41:07 AM »
Finally got my hands on this.
This game is asdfjaslkdf :getdown:

Is there a translation guide for TSA, though?

edit: How do I not make my game lagg. ;-;
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:12:00 AM by Paper_Conan »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 06:34:55 AM »
Oh man.
Instead of sleeping like I promised to myself I would, I got into a couple of 4p matches of this.
Despite the lag (we're in Canada, Australia, Singapore and some other place), it's pretty fun stuff.

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 07:36:46 AM »
Yeah man those were some fun games. Needs more ninja Youmu! Will get back to her once I try all the other characters and types. So fun blink/slashing people from nowhere :V Also, gonna see if I can't get my controller fixed.

What're your comp's specs? The official required specs are Geforce 8800 series or better for graphics card and a Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz CPU or better, but you can get by with less since I could run it on my EeePC (posted above). I suspect you'd want at least 1gb of ram too, preferably more.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:40:29 AM by ApharmdB »

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »

Reduce resolution. 800x600 did it for me.

Also, Pooshmler has already posted a link and quoted the translations to this game.

How are you supposed to play this game properly anyway? I got my ass kicked by Normal difficulty on the first fight  :ohdear:
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 04:10:02 PM »
Reduce resolution. 800x600 did it for me.

Also, Pooshmler has already posted a link and quoted the translations to this game.

How are you supposed to play this game properly anyway? I got my ass kicked by Normal difficulty on the first fight  :ohdear:

Got a link? Do the translations include the story? I'm quite curious about what sort of story this game has, even if I know it's going to be real flimsy. From what little Japanese I can read, it seems that Youmu was sent out by Yuyuko on some mission.

If you're just looking to get through the story mode, spellcard spamming for most characters seems to work just fine. Just keep moving and try not to engage in melee fights when you're at low tension and your opponent is at high tension/climax.

One bad thing about this game is that although it records replays, it records the lag too  :wat:

Replays are saved in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\AreaZero\TSA in Vista (probably the same for Win 7 as well). So if anyone's curious about just how bad the lag was this afternoon, check out the replays. Lol @ slideshows.

Replay 24 - Magna, Dular and me. This is what happens when you ignore Okuu in an FFA for too long.
Replay 25 - Magna, Dular, Dormio and me. So. Damn. Close. Just 0.5 more seconds...
Replay 29 - Magna, Dular, Dormio and me. 3 witches and a fairy. Too bad Patchouli isn't in this game. Cirno tells climax Marisa to chill the hell out with her perfect freeze :V

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 05:07:42 PM »
All my matches ending up turning into "Me and enemy fly around in small circle firing bullets at each other while occasionally switching directions."

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »
Oh man.
Instead of sleeping like I promised to myself I would, I got into a couple of 4p matches of this.
Despite the lag (we're in Canada, Australia, Singapore and some other place), it's pretty fun stuff.

hamachi? where to meet up? I wants in~

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 11:14:36 PM »
The people I play with (me, Dular, ApharmdB, Magna, and some other people) all hang out in the IRC channel #dots-meido.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 12:11:19 AM »
Hey, is there any way we can "back" without closing the application?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2011, 12:18:23 AM »
Use enter instead of esc.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 12:46:57 AM »
Yeah man those were some fun games. Needs more ninja Youmu! Will get back to her once I try all the other characters and types. So fun blink/slashing people from nowhere :V Also, gonna see if I can't get my controller fixed.

What're your comp's specs? The official required specs are Geforce 8800 series or better for graphics card and a Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz CPU or better, but you can get by with less since I could run it on my EeePC (posted above). I suspect you'd want at least 1gb of ram too, preferably more.
I don't know what that is, so I tried reducing the resolution.
It worked.

I love this game is it ever going to be translated I can't wait brb playing some more.

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2011, 01:10:32 AM »
Sadly, no story as of now.
Google Pooshlmer, I'm not sure whether it's within the rules to link it directly.
And to quote the translations for lazy people
Aside from the Controls there is Navigating the menu of the Game detailed translation is as follows:

Enter confirms, V cancels/backs out.

[Defaults are in brackets.]

Esc during gameplay brings up a [Yes]/No quit dialogue.
Enter during gameplay brings up the proper pause menu with:
Return to game
Restart match (only during versus/training)
CPU action setting (only during training)
Damage data display ON/[OFF] (only during training)
Return to character select (only during versus/training)
Return to title (during all modes except training)

Training mode CPU action settings (left to right)
[Idle]
Guard
Basic shot
Basic movement+melee
Spell Card
Level 1/2/3/4/5 CPU control

Main Menu:
Arcade Mode
Freeplay (Versus)
Network
Survival
Tutorial
Training
Records
Replay
Options
Quit

Battle Options (after character select):
Stage Select
BGM Select: The option with no song information/progression bar is Random
Battle Type: [Battle Royale] (last one standing) or First to (1-5) Kills
Time Limit: 100/200/300/400/500/600/[Infinite]
CPU Level: (There's five difficulty levels listed here, the default says ["mediocre person" so I'm assuming that's Level 3], left goes 2->1, and right goes 4->5.)
Ally damage: [ON]/OFF
Allow unique BGM: [Allow]/Disallow. Supposedly during netplay each person can pick their own battle BGM allowing them to set their own tension progression. This option either lets that happen or forces everyone to use the same BGM. This is irrelevant for splitscreen multiplayer as all human players will use the BGM of the host. For the purposes of single player, setting it to allow will randomize the BGM (and thus tension progression) of all CPU players; setting it to disallow will force all CPUs to use your BGM.
Set all options back to Default

Game Options (from main menu):
Gamepad vibration: [ON]/OFF
Screen shaking: [ON]/OFF
Camera position (over which shoulder): Right/

Voices: [ON]/OFF
BGM volume
SE volume
Voice volume
Map Type: [Fixed]/Free (This is referring to your radar in the upper-right hand corner of your screen during gameplay. Fixed means that north remains north on the map. Free means that "north" on the radar will be where your camera is currently facing towards. {I made those translations up, yes.}
Guard Direction Correction: [ON]/OFF (Sorry, I forgot to mention this in the controls writeup. With this option on, if you guard while not holding a direction you automatically face to guard towards your locked-on target. Even with this option on you can override it by guarding while holding a direction.)
Arcade Mode difficulty: Easy/[Normal]/Hard/Lunatic
Set all options back to Default

The text is longer than I actually want to post. Only the menus and the spell cards the Touhous use are translated. They're also discussing the possibilty of an English patch, so I guess that's a good start.

I finally saw a video of a lunatic run and figured it out for myself anyway, but thanks. Anyone want to play online? The enemy AI even on lunatic, is not as difficult as I hoped for.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:12:42 AM by ArcNine »
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 02:05:53 AM »
Well, I'm usually up for a game if I'm not playing DotS or doing uni work.
You guys should hit us up on #dots-meido.

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
Playing it with my Xbox 360 controller feels great, it even has vibration support!

She does this little dance, I exploit her EX by waiting for her to do it so I can rod-smack her with subsequent sun-rape.
All my matches ending up turning into "Me and enemy fly around in small circle firing bullets at each other while occasionally switching directions."
  If it's a CPU you can lure them into corners/walls of the stage, they'll just float there trying to get through it. (May work on clueless human players too)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:59:35 AM by Nuclear Toaster »

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »
Actually, how can you get Hi-Tension and Climax? I don't know how but I usually gets Hi-Tension. but rarely Climax

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 11:15:30 AM »
Your tension (Low/Normal/High/Climax) are related to the song you play.
If you look at the top of the HUD or as you pick a song, you'll notice this bar with lots of colors.
As the song plays through, a marker will move along it, and your tension will change as you progress through the song.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 11:49:32 AM »
If you mean about the spells, Z+C is Hi Tension Spell and Z+A is Climax Spell.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »
If you mean about the spells, Z+C is Hi Tension Spell and Z+A is Climax Spell.
No, I know how to use them, what I mean is how to enable them for use. And also, A+V is for using Hi Tension Spell

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 12:05:35 PM »
A+V is EX, not Hi-Tension.
Your tension (Low/Normal/High/Climax) are related to the song you play.
If you look at the top of the HUD or as you pick a song, you'll notice this bar with lots of colors.
As the song plays through, a marker will move along it, and your tension will change as you progress through the song.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »
A+V is EX, not Hi-Tension.
Oh yeah, I got mixed up, but he's still wrong, A+C is for Hi-Tension

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »
Well, I got it to recognize the custom tension files, but for some reason this always happens when I try to play it in game. Here's the text in the file I've been using to test the feature.

//ここから===========================

//曲名を記載
FN : VOYAGE 1969;

//曲のコメントを記載
FC :
Stuff
Stuff
More stuff
EASTERN FAIRY TALE;

//テンション変化ポイントを記載
HT : 36.0;
CT : 46.0;
CF : 48.0;
//ここまで===========================

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]