Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221899 times)

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2012, 04:44:56 AM »
Where did you die in your Lunatic run?

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2012, 04:51:02 AM »
Uh, Midboss Yuugi. If I remember correctly.
The lasers....the lasers...-shudders-

That hard run also could have gone better if I hadn't have die twice to one of Yuugi's nonspells. I swear, stage 3s hate me. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:52:35 AM by Yatakarasu »

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2012, 04:59:43 AM »
Bomb the blue set. Always. It's really tight spacing. The red set and the circle bullets after it you can stream. Oh, and bomb all of Parsee's attacks you can't capture.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2012, 05:06:31 AM »
Parsee is weird for me. Some days, I'm really good at her. Other days, I...yeah... However, I find that I am surprisingly good at Parsee's midboss spell on all difficulties (and now I've jinxed it  :V).
I'm pretty much going to focus on clearing hard before lunatic, cause it just makes sense. Might switch off ReimuA as well, because of Satori. MarisaC might be a good option, or ReimuB.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Kenta Kurodani

• That guy from IRC
  • Don't mind me, I'm no threat to your high scores
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2012, 05:59:57 AM »
Aw, no one liked my achievement

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2012, 06:05:36 AM »
Aw, no one liked my achievement
It's MoF.  I've had my eyes dilated and I'm pretty sure I could do normal under those conditions (eyesight would be reasonably recovered by the final card so dodging would be manageable)

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2012, 06:37:30 AM »
It's MoF.  I've had my eyes dilated and I'm pretty sure I could do normal under those conditions (eyesight would be reasonably recovered by the final card so dodging would be manageable)

Feels like ages since you called out Ace on the same bullshit you're pulling.

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2012, 06:49:05 AM »
Yeah really now. That post of yours is in pretty bad taste IHNN.

As for your accomplishment Mr. Kenta, I have no experience with having eyes dilated but I looked it up and it sounds like it could cause some complications with regards to Touhou playing. In any case, good job not burning all your resources on the final attack. I can imagine that would be a pain to play without being able to see clearly.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2012, 07:04:33 AM »
Feels like ages since you called out Ace on the same bullshit you're pulling.
Yeah really now. That post of yours is in pretty bad taste IHNN.
I get kind of agitated when people complain about not having their posts recognized, no one is owed a response or anything like that.  My impression was that he wanted a response, so I gave one.  It's MoF so it's doable by bombombombombombombomb and dodge the final card at which point eyesight would be mostly back to normal.  It might not have been the nicest response (after all, a clear is a clear regardless of how it's gotten, so kudos for a clear) but from my impression it's what was requested.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »
I get kind of agitated when people complain about not having their posts recognized, no one is owed a response or anything like that.  My impression was that he wanted a response, so I gave one.  It's MoF so it's doable by bombombombombombombomb and dodge the final card at which point eyesight would be mostly back to normal.  It might not have been the nicest response (after all, a clear is a clear regardless of how it's gotten, so kudos for a clear) but from my impression it's what was requested.

I don't like it either when people do that, but as far as proper conduct here goes, what you did was much, much worse.
Nonetheless, the fact that you can't apologize for your inappropriate retaliation tells me more than enough about you or rather, confirms what was previously known, so it's not like this is anything overly surprising.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2012, 07:34:51 AM »
you can't apologize for your inappropriate retaliation
*rechecks post
huh.  So it's not there.  I did a bunch of editing and that part must have been removed by a ctrl-z.
At least you didn't call me mentally ill like the last guy even if it was a low blow and I could argue that what you did was much worse as it goes from requesting attention to 1-upping to a personal attack

Sorry about that Kenta.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2012, 07:51:22 AM »
*rechecks post
huh.  So it's not there.  I did a bunch of editing and that part must have been removed by a ctrl-z.
At least you didn't call me mentally ill like the last guy even if it was a low blow and I could argue that what you did was much worse as it goes from requesting attention to 1-upping to a personal attack

Sorry about that Kenta.

Oh, please don't worry, what I said to you had little to do with your misconduct or this thread, it's just a conclusion regarding your character I drew, so I really wouldn't consider it a personal attack. If you want to prove me wrong as far as said conclusion is concerned, by all means, go ahead, though you're making steps in the right direction already.

Anyway, happy to see that the lack of an apology was not intentional, so let's leave it at that since the matter seems to have been settled.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »
Well I cleard TD hard with Reimu, after about 7/8 Continues of course :P Though what I like most about the run is that I captured Futo's last card first try :D
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Kenta Kurodani

• That guy from IRC
  • Don't mind me, I'm no threat to your high scores
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »
I'm really sorry guys, I didn't mean to start a fight. I can explain why I posted that though ... I have aspergers and ADHD, and the approval of others is a very big deal to me since I've always been "that weird kid". I probably shouldn't have posted that, it just kinda upset me withiny head that no one I talked to thought it was even remotely interesting.

« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2012, 12:19:36 PM »
Kinda late, but my Perfect Flandre vid is up. :3

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »
Guze Flash with chubby Marisa. Done the day before yesterday.

Aaaaand 1080p.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2012, 01:38:43 PM »
I'm really sorry guys, I didn't mean to start a fight. I can explain why I posted that though ... I have aspergers and ADHD, and the approval of others is a very big deal to me since I've always been "that weird kid". I probably shouldn't have posted that, it just kinda upset me withiny head that no one I talked to thought it was even remotely interesting.

You worry too much, I didn't really think anything of your later remark, so you really don't need to apologize.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »
I have aspergers and ADHD ... no one I talked to thought it was even remotely interesting.
So do I honestly.
and I'm sure some people thought it was interesting but just didn't think to respond to it.  the 'thread view' count is much higher than the reply count after all.

« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »
I have ADHD as well. :V

Spriteadam

• Embodiment of Fear and Darkness
  • Is that so!
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2012, 08:29:57 PM »
Don't expect recognition from something that you may find highly surprising E.G(Your eye),it must be something you will feel proud of to have completed.
Its not about what impresses others,but what you feel proud of.
Also I have asperger syndrome aswell so I understand what it feels like to be "the wierd kid",but I can tell you this,if you want to change how you socialize with others so you can fit it wont mean you will have to change your own personal life.
I was born in Ireland and I am of irish descent but for some reason I have an american style accent(I blame my autism on that).
Anyway all I can say is that any problems you have with socializing with others will eventually change.
And do not feel demotivated if nobody replies to your accomplishment,in the end its you that must be proud. :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:33:54 PM by Spriteadam »

« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2012, 11:21:01 PM »
- PCB Phantasm 91fps clear

91? is that a typo?
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2012, 11:49:21 PM »
91? is that a typo?
Nope it was 1upping the people who did it at 90.  Someone else did Mokou at 92 in the same vein  :V

« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2012, 12:38:53 AM »
Nope it was 1upping the people who did it at 90.  Someone else did Mokou at 92 in the same vein  :V

lol i guess I coulda have checked personally. I just assumed it was a typo. perhaps I will do something at 93 sometime lol
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2012, 12:43:35 AM »
now, you guys are being silly. either go all the way up to 120 or stop :V

actually, a 120 fps run of an extra stage would probably be pretty badass.

« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2012, 01:10:33 AM »
Okay, after absolutely horrible playing for hours on end, I was feeling pretty crap...and missing a timeout of A Fantasy's Transience by five freaking seconds did NOT help.

So I was like, today's been a waste...oh, fine, whatever, just one more run and then I'm going to bed...

*times out Sinkable Vortex*

:justasplanned:

Zil

« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2012, 01:54:04 AM »
actually, a 120 fps run of an extra stage would probably be pretty badass.
I did PCB's a while ago, though I didn't keep the replay. It wasn't very badass, in any event. I was trying 150fps for a while, but gave up. It's probably doable though.

While I'm here I guess I'll mention I did another GFW Extra 90fps run, inspired by the recent attention it was getting. You should never bomb against Super Perseid or Blazing Star unless it's absolutely necessary, by the way.

e: And by "absolutely necessary" I mean "you will game over if you get hit once."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:22:14 AM by Zil »

Ghostly

• Wish I would get a dual swords.
« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2012, 02:15:52 AM »

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25707

I'm glad that I'm done of doing a 1.5 billion run on Easy. Hopefully I will be done of doing a 2 billion run on Easy soon.

« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2012, 02:38:56 AM »

It was me. I did both Mokou and Yukari. :V

« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2012, 04:57:42 AM »
Tried to do an Iwafune timeout because I was fairly sure it was easier to time out than capture.

NOPE! I was totally wrong. Spent a good hour on it, but the cool thing is that near the end of my attempts, I decided to see whether I could actually capture it, given that I had failed so many times in timing it out. When I started, I had a history of 4/155. Yup. I did capture it 8 times in a row. I'm fairly proud of that even if I couldn't get the timeout. I just hope that it wasn't Futo just being super nice to me all 8 times. That would be such a downer.

Though I always seem to fail that at like the 15 second mark. It doesn't get any harder, but uhh... I just can't seem to get it down to the last 10 seconds (aside from one time). Still enough to capture it (as Reimu, I noticed that you captured it at around 15-20 seconds into the card, depending on how much you stayed under Futo), but I guess my endurance just isn't good enough to keep it up. At least I'm much better at capturing it I guess. Tons of fun though.

Eh don't worry about it. Honestly I'm going to guess that there's a sort of implicit "congrats" going on in everyone's head with each post they read, but this thread would become cluttered way too quickly if there were a bunch of "congrats" for every accomplishment. Plus people often forget about others accomplishments when they're posting something that they're super excited about like a first 1cc or something, and they just don't bother to read the thread (I'm guilty of that quite often). I'm sure there are other reasons, but just don't let it get to you. It would be nice if social interaction had a rule book or something, but it doesn't. That's life and you just have to get used to it at your own pace, whilst making mistakes along the way. Don't think that the rest of us haven't blundered in one way or another in that regard. I'm sure it happens more often than you think.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »
While I'm here I guess I'll mention I did another GFW Extra 90fps run, inspired by the recent attention it was getting. You should never bomb against Super Perseid or Blazing Star unless it's absolutely necessary, by the way.

e: And by "absolutely necessary" I mean "you will game over if you get hit once."
Yeah, I know where this is coming from. It's pretty obvious once you're at Blazing Star, but Perseid is so intimidating it's hard not to. :V