Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 220658 times)

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 11:22:44 PM »
Water Pressure "Breaking Critical Point" Timeout  BV

Also if we're doing lists:
-Lunatic 1ccs of all the touhou games except 1, 2, 3, 5, 7.5, and 9 (Have 1cc'd it with Medicine but that doesn't count :V)
-Lunatic 1ccs of all the 12.3 and 10.5 story modes.
-StB all clear
-All scenes cleared on StB ultra but 9-1, 10-4 and EX-1 (so proud of these ones)
-Timeouts of random spells
-Perfect lunatic Youmu, Kanako, and a whole bunch of 1DNB runs of Orin, Mokou, LLS Reimu, max rank Yumeko, and Okuu.
-GFW easy no ice no bomb clears of A-1, A-2 and B-1
-Died 5 times in a row against lunatic Eiki on a single credit using cirno :V (Run included defeating yuuka on the first round)

That's it I guess, I'm currently working on 7.5 and random silly stuff, and will probably start learning how to play PoDD soon.

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »
New thread? Kay, let's roll:

HrTP: 27cc. Or however many it was.
SoEW: Normal 1cc
PoDD: Made it Stage 6 or 7 on Easy.
LLS: Worthless first try Lunatic 1cc because life-spam. sucky run though. Also, No-bombs Extra clear.
MS: Hard 1cc + Extra.
EoSD: Lunatic 1cc (of a terrible terrible sort i tell you) + No-bombs Extra.
PCB: Garbage no-bombs clear but i have a passable survival clear with bombs somewhere. Ended with 7 lives but many things was awful about the run. Extra NMNB and Phantasm 1MNB
IN: Lunatic 1cc. Went reasonably okay but then Kaguya happened. + Extra NM1B clear
PoFV: Lunatic 1cc with Aya because it's not my fault the AI is dumb with her attacks or whatever.
MoF: No-bombs 1cc. Disappointing performance, have done better but then Sanae slaughtered my run and my dignity. + NMNB Extra
SA: No-bombs 1cc. Same as above really, except I've never done a satisfying job on no-bombing this game. + NMNB Extra
UFO: Lunatic 1cc. Never got a good one but I'm working on that. Want to do no UFO's one time. Could maybe NBNUFO sometime but i'm not good enough to do that within my general 5-attempts patience span. Excuses. I'm such a horrible person. I apologize. Also, NMNB Extra.
TD: Some 1cc of some mode. Couldn't tell much of a difference between em'. Also, extra clear.
GFW: All routes cleared on Lunatic. Also have Extra clear.
StB/DS: All scenes captured.

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 01:16:08 AM »
Managed to nab 1DNB of stage 4 and 5, but in my stupidity forgot to save the replay. Deaths were to stupidly hitting a bullet in the first few seconds of PWG and to Moses Miracle. Despite how few mistakes I made, I think a perfect is still really far away given how inconsistently I do those stages. I get the feeling that these runs were more due to luck than anything else.

As for an achievement list:
EoSD: Lunatic 1cc (ReimuA,MarisaB), Extra 1cc (3DNB, all shots), Stage 1, 2, 3 perfected, Patchouli ReimuA perfected
PCB: Lunatic 1cc (ReimuB), Extra 1cc (1DNB), Phantasm 1cc (2DNB), Stage 1, 2 perfected, all spell cards captured (ReimuB)
IN: Lunatic 1cc (Border), Extra 1cc (3 teams), Stage 1, 2, 3 perfected
PoFV: Normal 1cc (Marisa)
MoF: Lunatic 1cc (ReimuB), Extra 1cc (2DNB, all Reimu shots), Stage 1, 2, 3 perfected
SA: Lunatic 1cc (all Reimu shots), Extra 1cc (ReimuA), Stage 1, 2, 3 perfected
UFO: Lunatic 1cc (SanaeB, SanaeA), Extra 1cc (1DNB, all shots), Stage 1 perfected
TD: Lunatic 1cc (Reimu), Extra 1cc (Reimu), Stage 1, 2, 3 perfected

Man PoFV sticks out like a sore thumb doesn't it? I should fix that at some point.

I'm working on my normal UFO clear
 Why can't I be good like you guys ;-;
Just practice, practice, practice. I don't think any of the Lunatic and above people magically got good at these games in any less than a year's time (except Coreven or something).

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 01:40:30 AM »
Perfect Hard Seiga! Been trying this one every day for a while and was within 2 seconds of it yesterday, then took 3 tries today. It's also the first Hard stage perfect I have above Stages 1-2 in any game, (assuming we count IN Finals as required).

Edit: Perfect Lunatic TD-Yuyuko!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:49:25 AM by Goldom »

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 04:01:18 AM »
TD Yuyu is the hardest stage 1 boss in the series. Those nonspells are crazy if you don't play Lunatic. GJ!

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 04:47:48 AM »
Guess I ought to focus on filling in some other ones then, the only others I've done are Wriggle and Rumia. I've come close to most, but Nazrin I can't even manage on Hard - pendulum still wrecks me even after I figured out the pattern.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 07:09:51 AM »
I somehow managed a NDNBNT TD Lunatic stages 1-3 in a single run (not a perfect run, Yoshika's last spell was timed out). Not quite sure how I managed to do that. My goal was just to perfect TD stage 1 since I'd never avoided using trances in that stage before, then play it out to see how far I could go (game over to Iwafune, way farther than I expected, especially since I'm out of practice on the second half of the game).

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
TD Yuyu is the hardest stage 1 boss in the series. Those nonspells are crazy if you don't play Lunatic. GJ!

I actually find Nazrin harder on any difficult... though Yuyu's second-last card has a crapfuck timeout phase that prevents me from perfect pacifying that stage. D:

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 12:23:48 PM »
A Fantasy's Transience 1D0B timeout.

Death was at the 6 second mark.

...I can do this.

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 01:25:07 PM »
Normal mode progress:

EoSD: Patchouli-somewhere or early stage 5 with ReimuB (in one continue; I've beaten Remilia with continues, but I use 5 starting lives. I really should play EoSD more)
PCB: 1cc with ReimuB, Resurrection Butterfly with SakuyaB (I also got to Prismrivers-somwhere with ReimuB on hard mode, and beat the game with continues)
IN 6A: not attempted yet
IN 6B: 1cc with Border Team, Cowry Shell with Scarlet Team
PoFV: I hardly play it, so nothing outside of a few easy 1ccs when I first played it
MoF: 1cc with ReimuB
SA: 1cc with ReimuA
UFO: Byakuren's butterfly spell with SanaeB
TD: 1cc with Reimu

Extras:
EoSD: -
PCB Ex: beaten with Reimu B
PCB Ph: got to Mesh of Light and Dark or whatever with ReimuB (of course)
IN: beaten with Border Team
(PoFV: -)
MoF: beaten with ReimuB
SA: Super-ego with ReimuA
UFO: -
TD: Mamizou's 6th with Reimu

Other (minor) successes:
MoF perfect stage 5/ReimuB/normal
SA perfect stage 4/ReimuA/normal (in a run that I forgot to save the replay for)
PCB perfect Prismrivers/ReimuB/normal (in my 1cc, although the stage had a few bombs and one death)
(various perfect stage 1-3s on various normal modes with various characters, all in actual runs)
NM2B Eirin and NMNB Kaguya in some random IN easy 1ccs with Border Team, although I failed a few of their last spells (not necessarily proud of this, just listing it for the sake of completion)

Planning to get UFO this weekend, along with possibly SakuyaB PCB and Scarlet IN (and then Scarlet Mokou). I'm excited for UFO extra since I heard it's quite fun.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 01:36:02 PM »
In light of the recent trend of clearing Mokou at 90 FPS I decided to try and capture spells at 90FPS so I cleared all of Mokou's spells at 90FPS pretty much without any hazzle. The big issue is certainly movement speed since reading the bullets was still very easy on this speed.

I'm planning to do a 90 FPS clear of this stage. The non-spells might be problematic though. Also Fujiyama Volcano and Woo took more than 2 attempts. My strategy for Fujiyama Volcano didn't seem quite suited for 90 FPS since it involves a good bit of weaving but eh... maybe i just suck horribly.

Keine's first was also a pain in the butt but not too much. I wonder how well i can perform on this...

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 03:28:47 PM »
Yesterday I caught QED for the first time, and today I caught Grudge Bow for the first time. I feel less noob now. :V

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »

This run would probably have been the most beautiful run (for me, at least) up to this day, but I successfully died to Reisen's third non. Well.....

Spoiler:
Maybe I'll get a third WR within IN easy.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:20:54 PM by Vee »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 04:06:20 PM »
Nothing amazing, but given my history of derps on Normal Mode so far I was quite happy about clearing TD Normal with Marisa without failing a single pattern up until Miko's penultimate Spellcard where I somehow wound up being completely walled (at least nothing that seemed feasible) due to me insisting on staying in the middle despite the two lasers there leaving an awfully narrow gap. I then had one Miss to her last Spellcard because I forgot how to deal with it, but aside from those unfortunate accidents I only used one Bomb, in Stage 2, because I only remembered "Press Button now", not "Press Trance Button now".

Oh, well, still happy!

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 06:30:43 PM »
EoSD Lunatic 3cc  :V
Tried this because why not, and it's a lot less hellish than what I remembered (except Scarlet Gensokyo, which is madness).
Captured 11 spellcards on the way, notably The World and Young Demon Lord.

Given the results, I should be able to clear it with just some (a lot) more stage practice. I'll probably go for it, it's way more motivating than bombing everything in IN.

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 07:52:28 PM »

This run would probably have been the most beautiful run (for me, at least) up to this day, but I successfully died to Reisen's third non. Well.....

Spoiler:
Maybe I'll get a third WR within IN easy.

`)?・(・ω

I made it to 18 seconds remaining on Hina's last spell card in a MoF pacifist attempt. Perfect Minoriko was nice. This doesn't feel all that hard for me anymore.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 08:51:14 PM »
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Oh

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD-TD, except UFO
Hard 1cc: EoSD-TD, except UFO
Normal 1cc: EoSD-TD + LLS, MS
Lunatic 1cc No Bomb: EoSD(2/4), PCB
Lunatic 1cc No Focus: EoSD, PCB
Perfect Extra: EoSD, PCB(no focus), PCB(phantasm), IN, MoF

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 01:09:04 AM »

Uhhh. Either ReimuA makes the game stupidly easy or I'm not too bad at UFO. I'll chalk it up to both. Nabbed this 1cc on my second ever attempt at playing ReimuA! And all I wanted to do was to unlock all the stages for practice haha. I also managed a NM1B Kogasa (bombed PSM at the last millimeter of health :() and a 2DNB Ichirin (deaths to opener and KKS because I wasn't paying attention). I think it was a 1D2B Murasa (bombs to Sinking Vortex and third non-spell, death to DCC... somehow). Shou was pretty terrible... I think it was 2D4B (bomb opener, die on RTG, bomb RTG, bomb 2nd non-spell, timeout Aura of Justice, die to Vajra, bomb CC). And Byakuren was an okay (for me) 3D5B (bomb Purple, bomb 2nd non-spell, captured Milky Way and the circling non-spell!, death and bomb to DR, 2D2B LFS). Ended 1/2.

Jeez my initial aspiration when I started going through Lunatics was to improve enough so that I could just sit down and 1cc them on a near whim. I was NOT expecting UFO to be the first one where this is the case. But I'm fine with that. I'm more than happy with this result :D

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 03:17:54 AM »
I reached 10s in SFN timeout attempt. This is day 5 of intensive playing (839 attempts so far).
I hope to get the timeout some time soon.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 04:30:01 AM »
As of 7:45 PM (PST), I have now been playing Touhou for five years now. :o How could I possibly celebrate this momentous occasion?

Well, I just trashed MoF lunatic with Marisa B. That was pretty fun, actually. :3
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 05:03:02 AM »
After seeing how horrible I am at 90 FPS Utsuho Normal (Hint: Really bad) I checked out PCB Stage 6 with Vsync to see how well it works.

One, it works beautifully.
Two, I got first time captures of Sumizome Perfect Blossom -Getting Lost- and Resurrection Butterfly -30% Reflowering- with MarisaA.
And I haven't played PCB in... how long? A couple weeks?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 06:17:33 AM »
>Is bored at 3AM
>Randomly decide to play LLS
>Load Boss Reimu Savestate
>No Death No Bomb LLS Reimu

I can only play decently at 3AM it seems

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 06:19:08 AM »
This replay is both an accomplishment and a failure.

The accomplishment: Look at my life count. I've never seen anyone reach 8 lives in this game before (obviously not counting stage practice where you start with 9).

The failure: As of that screenshot, I'd just died. Right at the end of Newborn Divine Spirit (which I normally capture without a problem on Hard), with nearly full trance that I could have used for survival if it was full. I could have had more bombs by that point, too. I made some mistakes on stage 2 and 3, costing me 3 of my 4 allotted bombs that aren't planned for trance refill purposes (the last was used on Iwafune, but it didn't give me enough trance to avoid bombing Sakuraiji), and didn't restart for some reason.

Edit: Fixed replay. I'd actually uploaded my TD Lunatic stage 1-3 NDNBNT twice.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:30:20 PM by Karisa »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 09:40:19 AM »
All these 90FPS shenanigans makes me feel less special.
Ah...
PoFV Hard 1cc with someone not Aya or Medicine. Marisa isn't that bad or good, right?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 09:43:02 AM »
As of 7:45 PM (PST), I have now been playing Touhou for five years now. :o How could I possibly celebrate this momentous occasion?
:toot:
The accomplishment: Look at my life count. I've never seen anyone reach 8 lives in this game before (obviously not counting stage practice where you start with 9).
Nice!

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
I amanged to clear PCB on lunatic at 90 fps...with 3 continues used. I literally only captured 3 spellcard and used almost 60 bombs. like every single of them was a panic bomb xD

god, that was hilarious. but man, I'm horrible at this. ended with 0/0 on the continue I won on, too.

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2012, 06:49:08 PM »
After a decidedly mediocre run through stages 2-5 with SakuyaB in PCB normal (death on Chen + Dutch Dolls + several screwups in stage 4/5), I arrive at stage 6 with 0/1.
Starts rather bleh, Border Break against fairy spam, get 800 point item extend, deathbomb against Youmu, get the bomb back, start Yuyuko with 1/1. Okay, I thought, I got to Resurrection Butterfly with only 1 life in stock last time I made it to stage 6, so this is nothing impossible.
Yuyuko's opener is easy enough, but I get a rather lucky dodge against Fatal Sin because I wasn't paying attention, but I capture it anyway. SakuyaB made the second nonspell surprisingly easy.
Next, Mortality -Dead Butterfly-.  I get cornered, but luckily I have a border, so it breaks (I was bombing anyway).
Nothing interesting during third non, Swallowtail Butterfly, and fourth non (all capped), so I enter Hirokawa still with 1/1. My nerves don't get me this time during the micrododging part, so I capture it, enter Sumizome with 1/1.
I do a rather good job dodging, but unfortunately I panic bomb right as I kill Yuyu, so I ruin a capture yet again (same happened on my ReimuB 1cc, where I died with about a cm of her health left :(). Enter Resurrection Butterfly 1/0.
I fail to read a red wave correctly, so I lose my last extra life. Then bomb a bit later on. Standings: 0/3 and nerves are getting tenser and tenser (weird how getting to UFO stage 4 with 8 lives or Hollow Giant Woo with 6 lives makes me more nervous than fighting Yuyuko with 1).
Then it happened again, at around 20 seconds left: didn't read correctly and got hit by another red bullet.

Ouch, too bad. But good game, Yuyuko, this was my best stage 6 run and something to be proud of!
I could definitely try for a perfect stage 6 in the future, especially since this was with Sakuya! Gonna take a break for now, though.

Spoiler:
But wait! No game over screen and no full power items show up! I looked at my stats and saw 1009/1200. Seems I got the extend without noticing.
Relieved, I play on for a bit, use a bomb at 5 seconds just to be safe, and
phew!
Yuyuko defeated, finally got the 1cc! Resurrection Butterfly was sloppy, but it was my best run of any normal stage 6 otherwise (2D4B2B; ND2B2B without RB, and could have easily been a ND1B2B).

If Byakuren ever went this well, I wouldn't be a wreck by the time I arrive at her with 1/4 or so. Screw PCB/UFO difficulty discrepancies!

EDIT: Well look at this, just got the Scarlet Team IN normal 1cc (route 6B). Featuring no miss stage 4 (sadly had to deathbomb FS Concentrate and Duplex Barrier and failed FS Blink) + almost no miss stage 5 (stupid Invisible Full Moon) + a rather terrible stage 6. Next stop: UFO I hope? ._.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:40:46 PM by Limian »
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)