Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219168 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #930 on: July 20, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »
82/85 I'm actually going to go for an ALL clear now, though 10-6 is going to be the big monster in this one (any advice will be great help, since I have no path at all for this one, the most shots i've gotten is 2  :V ), EX-1 will be a royal pain in the ass (luck) , and 9-1 will still be a annoying hard piece of luckshit :V

That is great man. I thought a lot of these were completely impossible. (Not helped by the fact that I wanted to play DS Ultra more so I kinda did some hastily concluded reasoning). You should make a video of these and if you can't be bothered/can't do it then send me the replays and I'll record them for you. There needs to be a vid of a StB Ultra ALL.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #931 on: July 20, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »
Some things looked beyond ridiculous in ^'s videos so I would also support this.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #932 on: July 20, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »
Quickly, gauge the achievement of getting to Stage 3 on GFW's Lunatic mode.
Because that was unexpected.

« Reply #933 on: July 20, 2012, 02:04:23 PM »
Quickly, gauge the achievement of getting to Stage 3 on GFW's Lunatic mode.
Because that was unexpected.

If you have little knowledge of the stage layouts then it's not bad at all. If you have played the Route quite a lot then it's not as impressive since a lot of it is memorization that becomes pretty easy once it's learned. In any case, if it's your first time getting there then it's a noteworthy achievement right?

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #934 on: July 20, 2012, 02:38:32 PM »
That is great man. I thought a lot of these were completely impossible. (Not helped by the fact that I wanted to play DS Ultra more so I kinda did some hastily concluded reasoning). You should make a video of these and if you can't be bothered/can't do it then send me the replays and I'll record them for you. There needs to be a vid of a StB Ultra ALL.

Thanks, I would really like a video of someone playing StB ultra without tools on youtube, but my computer is bad enough that it can't even run SA at 60fps   :(  But I guess I'd have to play again a lot of the scenes because I didn't save a replay for most. But I don't think I'd be very bad, considering I've done them before and I already cleared the super hard stuff. But yeah I first need to clear the remaining 3 scenes to have an ALL clear first :P I'm aiming for 9-1 currently, because it's the less retarded scene from the 3 left  :V

« Reply #935 on: July 20, 2012, 03:22:08 PM »
Okay. When you've redone the scenes and finished your project, just PM me, or post it here, and I'll get them recorded for you.

In case the replays you are missing are of some of the early scenes, then I have replays of my own clears for Scene 1-1 all the way to Scene 5-7. I don't know what happened to the rest of them. So if there are any of those scenes that you don't have a replay of, we can always just use mine if you don't mind that not all of the scenes will be played by you. Would save you some time. Just thought you should have the offer. I'm fine with whatever you choose.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #936 on: July 20, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »
O____o I... I think I just cleared a Touhou on lunatic.

Damn I'm good

Lyrica's solo card was too hard. I could not time the border correctly :(:(:(:(:(

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #937 on: July 20, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »
Congratulations!

> 12D35B, 1 Capture

... why have I not cleared this game yet god damn
(sorry, it's just... I get like 11D / 26B / 11 C and still fail it)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #938 on: July 20, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »
General Headquarters Crisis ultra capture!

around 100 tries, I really hate microtapping memotrash.

edit: All Ultra spells captured through Stage 3.  I think 111/222 is a good target for me right now.

« Reply #939 on: July 20, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »

Maybe you don't whore the cherry borders? On my first clear, I just went for a strategy of bomb everything that isn't static, if out of bombs: dodge the best you can until you get bombs again. Whenever you get a cherry border, make sure to break it before it goes away. You will automatically cancel all bullets and they'll be converted into more cherry power for you.

Furthermore, whenever you can get no-focus shots in without being in danger, do it. It raises your cherry faster.

O____o I... I think I just cleared a Touhou on lunatic.

I thought you already had cleared this one. Oh well... so when are you gonna start scoring in it? congratulations.  :)

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #940 on: July 20, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »
Yes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpdg0NdRjS0&feature=youtu.be
...Wow, do I feel like an idiot.

I never actually moved down at the 30 second mark in that video. Which means I had to squeeze between the two walls, while they were moving. That's why I thought the attack was impossible, and that's why I thought it was such an amazing feat, Reimu hitbox or no.

Thanks for showing me that. I'm going to go cry in a corner now. :blush:

Well, thanks to that demonstration, I went and timed it out. Of course that spot in the beginning is not the only tight spot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJEEvsBEaN0

Sigh, the 720p version looks terrible. I'm still not very good at making youtube behave...

I've also uploaded the amulet phase timeout of Futo's overdrive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxAFap9_ycA
Comments on quality?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:51:02 PM by Kanon »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #941 on: July 20, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »
The card has less reason to exist than Kogasa's midboss card in UFO, and that's saying something.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #942 on: July 20, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »
edit: All Ultra spells captured through Stage 3.  I think 111/222 is a good target for me right now.
Captured everything through Reimu's Last Spell on normal, leaving only Blink on hard and lunatic to go for 4A.  Also got Asteroid Belt ultra in ~7 tries that I didn't go for the safespot and Galaxy in a Pot in 2 tries.

« Reply #943 on: July 20, 2012, 09:57:49 PM »
Go for 222/222!  :]

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #944 on: July 20, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »
Go for 222/222!  :]
I've got the first 89 so far, but IIRC Hourai Jewel and Astronomical Entombing are impossible.

edit: First 100 spells in the game captured!  That's everything from Stages 1-4(both stage 4s) on all difficulties...never again on Double Spark.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #945 on: July 20, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »
Some last words and IS should also be impassable, Hourai Doll was insane but you probably could form a route.

Apollo 13 was too stupid for me to try it, Entombing was inhuman, Hourai Jewel was bullsiht, but you could luck it if you were lucky enough. Also Kaguya's third last spell was a siht.

Stop going for a 222 and pick some cool ones you would like. Clear it or clear the extra. Timeout SFN. But FFS stop going for 222, that is just plain idiotic, since it is not possible. And IN ultra has a lot of boring and dull stuff as well, just skip them.

You are pretty fast, by the way. I remember stage 4A having a lot of RNGsiht and 4B having a lot of hard reading. Oh and Marisa's 2nd midboss card took me a long time to figure. Or maybe we have a different version, but I doubt it. You can see mine from youtube if this sounds weird for you.
Congratulations!

> 12D35B, 1 Capture

11D 26B sounds like bad, bad resource management. You should work on figuring a stable route for the stages so that you could just bomb some of the harder boss attacks.

My 1-capture clear was a joke run I did to entertain myself and possibly some other people too. I have cleared the game on lunatic several times by now, and it is not really a problem for me to clear it anymore, so I can do silly stuff like this. And I do have a lot of bad mistakes and awful gameplay here, but I know the shot and the game, so I can plan some cherry pretty well - especially on Yuyuko who gives you a border on everything.

But do not be worried. - I have a lot of hours of PCB gameplay behind me. - When you have played as much, you probably are on my level, if not well beyond it. - I am pretty slow learner, everything takes hundreds of hours.
So when are you gonna start scoring in it?
You can see me do a lot of PCB scoring lately if you visit the uploader, or the PCB scoreboard on these forums.

Lunatic would need forming a completely new route and practicing several supergrazing tricks and bomb timings. And stage 4. I know who I would ask for help already, and I will probably eventually start scoring in it. However, I am currently both scoring against Erppo on normal and training for STGT, I really do not have the time to learn all the new stuff.

But the main reason is that I am scared to play anything high-target high-risk and high-stress on lunatic this soon after the UFO failure. I do not want to put several hundreds of hours into a game and gain nothing but shame, stress and disappointment.... Not yet.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:50:34 PM by Seppo Hovi »

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #946 on: July 20, 2012, 11:40:04 PM »
But FFS stop going for 222, that is just plain idiotic, since it is not possible.

It's as possible a StB ultra 85/85 clear if you ask me, you either get some massive luck, or micro memorize everything.

AFAIK Hourai Jewel is almost 100% static, there should be a way to do it, like ultra EX-4 in StB

Astronomical Entombing, Apollo 13, and a lot of other spells are luck based, and doable with enough luck, like ultra 9-6 in StB.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #947 on: July 21, 2012, 12:06:57 AM »
Some last words and IS should also be impassable, Hourai Doll was insane but you probably could form a route.

Apollo 13 was too stupid for me to try it, Entombing was inhuman, Hourai Jewel was bullsiht, but you could luck it if you were lucky enough. Also Kaguya's third last spell was a siht.

Stop going for a 222 and pick some cool ones you would like. Clear it or clear the extra. Timeout SFN. But FFS stop going for 222, that is just plain idiotic, since it is not possible. And IN ultra has a lot of boring and dull stuff as well, just skip them.
I did ultra normal a while ago, tried ultra extra and failed it to Hourai Doll I think and haven't tried since, SFN sucks.  I wasn't going for 222, I was going for as many as I could possibly get.  Whatever I can't get at 60 FPS I plan on trying to TAS though.

You are pretty fast, by the way. I remember stage 4A having a lot of RNGsiht and 4B having a lot of hard reading. Oh and Marisa's 2nd midboss card took me a long time to figure. Or maybe we have a different version, but I doubt it. You can see mine from youtube if this sounds weird for you.
We have the same version.  Nothing in 4A took more than 10 tries, nothing in 4B took more than 10 tries other than Asteroid Belt because I tried to safespot it like 30 times before dodging it in 7.  Event Horizon I started in the center then moved down, completely evading the hard part of the first wave.

It's as possible a StB ultra 85/85 clear if you ask me, you either get some massive luck, or micro memorize everything.

AFAIK Hourai Jewel is almost 100% static, there should be a way to do it, like ultra EX-4 in StB

Astronomical Entombing, Apollo 13, and a lot of other spells are luck based, and doable with enough luck, like ultra 9-6 in StB.
General Headquarters Crisis
It's probably technically possible, but I'm not going to be the one to get it.

Went through Stage 5 ultra and captured everything except the normal through lunatic versions of her 3rd card.  I'm not good enough at dodging to get through all those rings.  To make up for it I captured ExKeine's spellcards in 2, 3 and 3 tries.

« Reply #948 on: July 21, 2012, 12:10:58 AM »
Koumajou Densetsu II: Managed a no-damage run of Youmu on Hard. Should be added that no sub-weapons was used but that would probably only be making things harder on myself anyway since I don't really like many of the subweapons at that point except for the stop watch.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #949 on: July 21, 2012, 12:15:14 AM »
I do know nothing of StB ultra, but do not throw wild assumptions at me if you want to speak about a patch I actually know about.

Ultra Hourai Jewel forms walls. Walls you can pass, but are unreadable. - The luck you would need is just stupid, and probably equal to a lottery victory, if not less. And then you have the Normal mode version which is an impassable wall, IIRC.

Apollo 13 is of the more doable ones. It just was so stupid I skipped it.

Try to luck out a card you cannot read at all, which Entombing would be. Maybe awesome cheese and Malice cannon could do it, but even that sounds unlikable to happen.

Reisen's penultimate was really stupid, but you could do it.

Hourai Doll was seriously stupid. It is not about luck, but reading and control beyond measure.

You can capture IS when it is a single pattern? Good, now go do a triple version. Some parts are only double to ease your go.

Ex-Keine's LW fucked me from behind, literally.

Kaguya's LW forms 100-percent walls every now and then and you will need to dodge two doubled patterns in a rapid circling movement. I tried it a bit and it was well beyond my skill.

Kaguya's third last spell is not readable but you probably could luck this one with only 1k or so shots at it - since it only takes so little time.

Youmu's LW gave me hell, but you could read it.

Remilia's LW was impossible.

SFN was the best thing the patch had. - It requires a timeout, but it is very awesome and changing in the pattern as it goes on.

Alice's could be memo, but it sure was siht.

Yukari's was weird, but I remember T talking about the last phase so I think one could do it if they were a pathfinder of his level.

Wait GHQ Crisis is the fun one that changed completely? I think I have a timeout lying sodwhere or then I am messing the Night of Imperishable HORRIBLERAPE with this. Take a screen of it, I will see if I can help.

Also do not TAS, that is awful. You could just render yourself immune and sit still, you know?
And why would you find SFN awful?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:22:13 AM by Seppo Hovi »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #950 on: July 21, 2012, 12:21:17 AM »
SFN was the best thing the patch had. - It requires a timeout, but it is very awesome and changing in the pattern as it goes on.
I dislike Yuyuko's last word to begin with honestly.

I know it's pretty much your favorite spell ever, but you don't need to impress your opinions on everyone else.

Also tried 4A (stage) and perfected both stage parts and found out I could do 3 of Reimu's nonspells.  Meaning if I have a day to sink I cold probably perfect ultra 4A lunatic.  However I have other things I'd rather be doing with that time, but at least I know it's (almost) possible.

Reisen's penultimate was really stupid, but you could do it.
Yeah no.  I've used solo Yukari for everything so far except First Pyramid, Ephemerality 137 and Reisen's first on hard/lunatic, which I used Marisa, Marisa and Remilia for, respectively.  I literally cannot read the waves fast enough to get back to the center every time.  I got through the second wave once, but the leftover bullets killed me.  and this is normal mode-not even hard or lunatic.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #951 on: July 21, 2012, 01:02:01 AM »
Which nonspell are you afraid of? They were all rather simple, to be honest. The second midboss one required some dodging, but that's all. What really made me was the fact that I have 1/30 on the most of the spells - I do not want to fail to them every single time since the first one is RNG, second is okay, third is a pattern, fourth is a siht, fifth is easy and the final one is patterned misdirection.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #952 on: July 21, 2012, 01:02:14 AM »
Maybe you don't whore the cherry borders? On my first clear, I just went for a strategy of bomb everything that isn't static, if out of bombs: dodge the best you can until you get bombs again. Whenever you get a cherry border, make sure to break it before it goes away. You will automatically cancel all bullets and they'll be converted into more cherry power for you.

Furthermore, whenever you can get no-focus shots in without being in danger, do it. It raises your cherry faster.

I thought you already had cleared this one. Oh well... so when are you gonna start scoring in it? congratulations.  :)

That is how I always play ._.

Unless, of course, I can't graze a bunch or have max Cherry anyway or something, in which case the 10,000 Cherry Max would be the best.

Drr.... maybe I should play less for scoring?

But do not be worried. - I have a lot of hours of PCB gameplay behind me. - When you have played as much, you probably are on my level, if not well beyond it. - I am pretty slow learner, everything takes hundreds of hours.You can see me do a lot of PCB scoring lately if you visit the uploader, or the PCB scoreboard on these forums.

I've put up over 100 hours into PCB. :I
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:03:58 AM by チソウ タイゼン »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #953 on: July 21, 2012, 01:06:46 AM »
Which nonspell are you afraid of? They were all rather simple, to be honest. The second midboss one required some dodging, but that's all.
The second midboss one.

I'm very bad at it normally-actually, I'm bad at all of Reimu's nonspells normally.

Let me put it this way-in my Magic Team lunatic 1cc I lost more resources to Reimu's second midboss nonspell than the entirety of Kaguya.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #954 on: July 21, 2012, 01:17:16 AM »
Even my secondary computer I do not use that much has almost 200h nowadays, so do not worry.

Also, you should not score in games you cannot clear. - You will need a base for the route before you start improving it.

However, when going all-out scoring in PCB, border breaks should be very intricate and carefully planned. You will need some in order to do grazing portions that follow one another in a rapid succession, but mainly you should just get the border bonus and the extra cherrymax.

IHaveNoName, the second midboss non sure is dodging, but you could use some of that luck here. Also you will gain consistency at reading it after a while. You also should try if different positioning eases the dodging, since being under Reimu might not be a very good idea in the every case.

« Reply #955 on: July 21, 2012, 01:27:21 AM »
Drr.... maybe I should play less for scoring?

I still think you are doing things wrong.  :V Well, what I mean is that your resource management could probably be quite a bit better. Not meaning to brag but using the strategy i explained above, I got a 1cc of this game as I was unlocking stages for practice. With four lives left. Of course I knew about a lot of the stage layouts from Hard but still. PCB allows you to do this if you don't care about how ugly your performance gets.

So really. You should only use that resource-managing strategy if you just want to clear it. I understand that you are actually trying to score a bit so I'd recommend that you focus on improving your game instead of just pushing for a quick clear. It will turn out cooler and more rewarding in the end that way.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #956 on: July 21, 2012, 02:47:01 AM »
IHaveNoName, the second midboss non sure is dodging, but you could use some of that luck here. Also you will gain consistency at reading it after a while. You also should try if different positioning eases the dodging, since being under Reimu might not be a very good idea in the every case.
I know that, and I know they're simple attacks, but it doesn't mean I can't be bad at them.

Hourai Doll was seriously stupid. It is not about luck, but reading and control beyond measure.
Ihakasa's Moon Curse was stupid, Hourai Doll was pretty fun messing around with stuff.  Got it to 56 seconds left on my best try.
Wait GHQ Crisis is the fun one that changed completely? I think I have a timeout lying sodwhere or then I am messing the Night of Imperishable HORRIBLERAPE with this. Take a screen of it, I will see if I can help.
GHQ Crisis is Keine's card with all the red arrows.  I captured it, but was using it as an example of a memorization card.
Also do not TAS, that is awful. You could just render yourself immune and sit still, you know?
Why is TASing awful?  I find it fun to see how far I can push a game-in this case, by dodging the nigh-impossible.  I could make myself immune, but where's the fun-or the challenge-in that?
And why would you find SFN awful?
I don't find it that fun.  It's a fine card, well designed, but it's not the kind of card I like facing (split second diagonal reading to get to a safe area then dodge out of the bubbles way)

Anyway, now that I'm not responding to stuff played some more of the extra cards, captured Mokou's 2nd through 6th cards pretty quickly.  Her first is BS, I could probably get her last 3 and maybe Everlasting Phoenix Tail-depends on how much worse it got.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #957 on: July 21, 2012, 03:03:02 AM »
Also, you should not score in games you cannot clear. - You will need a base for the route before you start improving it.
I disagree. If you're good enough at the early stages when going for a 1cc, then you can try to improve your score in those stages, in ways that don't cost you lives or bombs. (In the games where you can increase the point item value, doing this will also help your score in the later stages.)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #958 on: July 21, 2012, 04:34:58 AM »
Yay Stage 10 unlocked in ultra StB.
I think that's a good place to stop, seeing as every other scene either requires a ton of luck or is beyond me to dodge.

Note that I only started this score.dat today  :D

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #959 on: July 21, 2012, 05:05:39 AM »
900,000 Faith reached. I would have had 999,990, but Sanae had to clip me.
This is on Hard mode, and a good 200,000+ over what I normally max out at.