Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219148 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #900 on: July 18, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
Just cleared 30 scenes in StB.
In under 20 minutes.
In an SRL race.
With chum in it.
this means I won and I beat chum at StB YEAH

edit: There was a rematch,  I finished in 18:33  :D

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #901 on: July 19, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »

Finally defeated this motherfucker on ultra, feels good.

This thing took 2142 shots, that's the most shots I've ever had in the photo games. I got really lucky in the 3rd phase because the bullets like lined up perfectly for me to go up and take a photo close, allowing me to survive enough time to not get completely destroyed by the 4th phase and clear this monster.

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22615

I'm currently at 79 scenes cleared on ultra. So close to 80  :D

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #902 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »
Holy crap, congrats. IIRC that isn't even 30% of how much shots Malkyrian took to clear it 90fps, I seriously wonder which one is harder.

Spoiler:
90fps ultra now
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:15:52 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #903 on: July 19, 2012, 01:13:57 AM »
7741 * 0.3 = 2322.3

Indeed it isn't, but then I had been using that scene to actually get good, so for a lot of those I wasn't nearly ready to clear it.

Still, that is really impressive. Serious congrats on that one.

PMW

• My tumblr
« Reply #904 on: July 19, 2012, 01:47:13 AM »
I seriously wonder which one is harder.

Haha 90fps n-nope, I just spent a good chunk of time trying to clear this on 90fps, maybe I shouldn't have spent so much time on it, seeing as I have trouble with medicine on 90fps.  :V

I just can't deal with fast bullets and Aya's increased speed.

EDIT: Freaking finally.

Ultra EX-7 took much, much more tries than what it should have taken :V

Also YES 80 SCENES GOAL ACHIEVED, should I try to clear another one? The ones that remain look quite impossible to me (8-7, 9-1, 10-3, 10-6 and EX-1)

EDIT: Whoops forgot the replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22616
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:35:26 AM by PMW »

Chuckolator

« Reply #905 on: July 19, 2012, 02:43:30 AM »
should I try to clear another one? The ones that remain look quite impossible to me (8-7, 9-1, 10-3, 10-6 and EX-1)
Didn't the last few  you did look just as impossible? I'd say keep trying unless you're adamant about quitting.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #906 on: July 19, 2012, 02:45:24 AM »
Go for StB Ultra-ALL.

Because you're so close right now, and it would be epic if you got it.

« Reply #907 on: July 19, 2012, 03:43:15 AM »
Go for StB Ultra-ALL.

Because you're so close right now, and it would be epic if you got it.
This. If I remember right, I called 90FPS EX-1 impossible, and then got it the next day. Practice, find new routes that work.

Also, 10-6 is pseudo-static. If you follow exactly the same path, the pattern will be exactly the same. On my clear, I wasn't dodging, I was memorizing. Of course, it does have to be exact, and it's very clip-happy...

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #908 on: July 19, 2012, 03:46:30 AM »
My, Fairy Wars C1 is rather BS.
But I cleared it anyway :toot:

(normal mode of course, hard scares the pants off me)

(that is to say star sapphire)

PMW

• My tumblr
« Reply #909 on: July 19, 2012, 03:59:15 AM »
Go for StB Ultra-ALL.

Wow thanks for the support! Right after reading this and the other replies I decided to try 8-7 a bit more seriously. Turns out it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

I mean look at that shot count that's RIDICULOUSLY low  :V

10-6 I know that it's sort of static, I just know that finding a path through it will be a HUUUUUUGE PAIN, at least 15 times worse than what BoWaP was  :(

Same with 10-3, I could REALLY use some help with these two.

And 9-1 and EX-1 is just keep trying until I get some mass luck to clear them.

EDIT: I KEEP FORGETTING TO LINK TO THE REPLAY: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22617
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:09:22 AM by PMW »

« Reply #910 on: July 19, 2012, 04:12:52 AM »
Cleared EoSD Ultra Extra without auto-deathbombs yesterday. My third Ultra Extra clear so far.  :3

« Reply #911 on: July 19, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »

Indeed. Did you figure out some trick or did you just get insanely lucky? All this time, my strategy has been stream alongside the bottom while dodging bullets and pray that Ran doesn't ram into you.

PMW

• My tumblr
« Reply #912 on: July 19, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »
Indeed. Did you figure out some trick or did you just get insanely lucky? All this time, my strategy has been stream alongside the bottom while dodging bullets and pray that Ran doesn't ram into you.

That's basically my strategy too, I got really lucky and got it in like no attempts.

Now if I could get that same luck in EX-1...   

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #913 on: July 19, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »
Hmph, updated Double Spoiler clear list.

Level 1: All
Level 2: All
Level 3: All
Level 4: All
Level 5: All
Level 6: Not 6-1, Not 6-3
Level 7: Only 7-4, 7-6
Level 8: 8-3
Level 9: None of them.
Level 10:  None of them.
Level 11: 11-4
Level 12: 12-6

Total Clear count is now 46 / 108.

...That is an achievement for someone like me, trust me.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #914 on: July 19, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »
Nice, you have 12-6!

There's a few really easy ones I don't see in that clear list, and some moderately easy ones too.
7-5 is easy if you stay diagonal from Shou.
8-5 isn't too bad, it's pretty much just streaming with timed shots.
Satori's scene with only 4 pictures is also pretty easy-just snap them immediately.  9-7 is easy to spam tries on and persistance is the way to go there.
Byakuren has 1 scene with lasers (12-5 I think) that it really easy if you time the photos to clear the red arrows.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #915 on: July 19, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »

This and the Seamless Ceiling of Kinkaku Ji... beyond incredible.

Seriously, go for all. You are so insanely close and pulling it off would be one of the greatest things I've seen ever done in Touhou.

I urge you too, but I really wouldn't blame you if 10-6 and EX-1 look impossible to you.  They are serious bullet clusterfucks but imagine if you actually did what most people deemed pretty much laughably impossible at first glance.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #916 on: July 19, 2012, 10:37:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure EX-1 is impossible unless you pull off perfect squeezes. Without god-like control it's all luck.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #917 on: July 19, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure EX-1 is impossible unless you pull off perfect squeezes. Without god-like control it's all luck.

I TAS'ed it and managed a clear so it's possible in theory.

Theory being the key word here, my theory doesn't account for pesky human limits.

« Reply #918 on: July 20, 2012, 12:26:20 AM »
I suppose these could go here being unoffical and all but still Touhou-related.

1: Played around a bit with Magical Singular Day and I managed to NDNB Aya on Moderate mode. She's a fun boss. I don't think I'll be playing this game much more though. The bosses are really good fun, stages not bad either though can get a bit too 'lol memorize or be screwed'-ish but for some reason the controls feel really weird for some reason. Almost like there's input lag even though I'm running the vsync patch. I dunno what it is that is throwing me off but it means that I just randomly die here and there which is annoying me.

2: Played some more Koumajou Densetsu II. Really fucking great game. I am practicing the stages and the bosses and as of now I've only managed the easier parts but they were nevertheless parts that gave me trouble the first time through. I've gotten a no-damage no-subweapon run of Stage 1 which was really easy to do once you know how to control the game. I can't believe this boss caused me to give up on the game back when i first tried it.  ::) Then I also managed to get a no-damage run of Chen's stage and Chen herself (the latter took quite a while before I understood how to deal with). Now I've got to get both together.

On a side note: When you are flying around, I keep accidentally triggering the drop kick. Happens sometimes when I am flying around, suddenly want to stop flying and hit X but forget that in the process of moving down. I lot a bunch of no-damage attempts to that.

« Reply #919 on: July 20, 2012, 01:44:06 AM »
I'me also trying rather hard stb ultra atm, and I'm stuck with only 54 scenes (it sounds poor compared to 80 x)), and all the remaining ones seem quite impossible. >< Which ones should I focus on now ?

I've not cleared :
6-2, 6-5,
7-1, 7-4, 7-7,
8-all except 2, 3, 5
9-all except 3,4
10-all except 1,2
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:55:33 AM by Dusknoir »
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

« Reply #920 on: July 20, 2012, 01:55:29 AM »

1000 total tries on Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana, 7 captures. I'm not sure if this should go here or the rage thread lol. I'm trying to capture it with all 12 shottypes, and this has already taken more than double the tries Unseasonable Butterfly Storm took (431 total tries for all 12). Ghost team, Solo Reimu, Solo Yukari, Solo Sakuya, and Solo Yuyuko are left.

Like usual, Solo Remilia took the least tries (4). I swear she's the best boss-killing character in the game, but nobody believes me - although it's not really a fair comparison because I'm getting progressively better over time and Solo Remilia was one of the later shottypes I tried with. And I predict like usual, Sakuya will take the most tries, although Reimu is another contender. But I think I've shed my self-given title of "worst in the world at Resurrection Butterfly" which I talked about a bit back. I'm still pretty bad, but I least I survive a single wave of SFN like 40% of the time now instead of 5% lol

Oh and another pseudo-accomplishment, I successfully safespotted Eternal Meek in a full run for the first time (Hard ReimuB). I still lost on Scarlet Meister though.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:57:35 AM by Star King »

Chuckolator

« Reply #921 on: July 20, 2012, 02:22:36 AM »
Perfected up to the last few seconds of Source of Rains, only the second or third time I've perfected streaming->deathfairy transition and the opener in the same run. Getting closer?

?followed by perfect minus VoWG in the very next run. Yay consistency.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:33:19 AM by Seiga Kaku »

PMW

• My tumblr
« Reply #922 on: July 20, 2012, 02:46:54 AM »
I'me also trying rather hard stb ultra atm, and I'm stuck with only 54 scenes (it sounds poor compared to 80 x)), and all the remaining ones seem quite impossible. >< Which ones should I focus on now ?

I've not cleared :
6-2, 6-5,
7-1, 7-4, 7-7,
8-all except 2, 3, 5
9-all except 3,4
10-all except 2

Oh nice, I like to see people StB ultra, almost nobody plays this because it looks ridiculous. Congrats on doing 4-8, 7-3, and 8-5 these are ridiculously hard compared to other ones if you ask me, specially 4-8, that one is my most hated scene in StB ultra, it's just retarded for a level 4 scene :V

For now I say try do these:
6-2, do it by dodging at the top of the screen, that's what makes it possible, though it makes it a lot harder to do.
7-1, the last phase you can do it by dodging diagonally to Sakuya, you just have to memorize where the safespots are according to Sakuya's position
7-7 is easy once you realize all the waves have a static pattern, just learn a way to dodge through them, the hard waves are the second and the 4th ones, the other ones aren't too bad
8-6, 8-8, 9-7 10-1 are all ridiculously easy (compared to the other scenes :V ) and they are basically the same than the original ones but with more bullets.

Also:

This spell was far easier than what I expected it to be, though it was one of the most annoying spells in the game is you ask me.

It was basically spinning around Komachi with some very good timing, you also needed to stay near Komachi so you didn't get killed by the dumb grey coins, I'm glad it's captured so I never have to deal with it again :V

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22634

82/85 I'm actually going to go for an ALL clear now, though 10-6 is going to be the big monster in this one (any advice will be great help, since I have no path at all for this one, the most shots i've gotten is 2  :V ), EX-1 will be a royal pain in the ass (luck) , and 9-1 will still be a annoying hard piece of luckshit :V
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:53:33 AM by PMW »

« Reply #923 on: July 20, 2012, 03:17:45 AM »
HOLY SHIT I JUST CAPTURED "FULL STARBOARD ON A BURNING SHIP".

AKA Marine Benefit stage 3 Lunatic, second boss card.

Anyone who has attempted this card knows why this is such a huge deal.

Chuckolator

« Reply #924 on: July 20, 2012, 03:26:19 AM »
HOLY SHIT I JUST CAPTURED "FULL STARBOARD ON A BURNING SHIP".
video now

Seriously, proof on youtube that anyone has captured this thing seems nonexistent. Judging from the lack of a video in your post, I'm guessing you weren't recording. :/

Zil

« Reply #925 on: July 20, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »
Are you guys serious? Stage 3 boss, second spell? I've done it (at 1 power). It's completely static. I don't see what the big deal is.

Chuckolator

« Reply #926 on: July 20, 2012, 04:39:28 AM »
Are you guys serious? Stage 3 boss, second spell? I've done it (at 1 power). It's completely static. I don't see what the big deal is.
Static doesn't necessarily mean easy to pull off, at least for me. If it's so easy for you, mind making a video? <_<

Zil

« Reply #927 on: July 20, 2012, 05:52:17 AM »
Quote from: Youtube
We have detected that your video might be shaky. Would you like us to fix that?
Yes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpdg0NdRjS0&feature=youtu.be

That's as fast as it will go while recording.

« Reply #928 on: July 20, 2012, 06:06:59 AM »
...Wow, do I feel like an idiot.

I never actually moved down at the 30 second mark in that video. Which means I had to squeeze between the two walls, while they were moving. That's why I thought the attack was impossible, and that's why I thought it was such an amazing feat, Reimu hitbox or no.

Thanks for showing me that. I'm going to go cry in a corner now. :blush:

« Reply #929 on: July 20, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »
1DNB Mountain of Faith Normal with ReimuB  :)
I also arrive at this card with ReimuC, but ReimuC deals almost no damage, so I lose a lot of lives in the run and I died at no resources :(
I would rather 1cc with Marisa A then ReimuC  :V

EDIT: IDNB Mountain of Faith Easy once too!
I also captured Kanako's third and fourth card on Easy.
Looks like I'm in good shape  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:21:20 AM by nicholashin »