Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219161 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #810 on: July 12, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »
Not specifically Touhou, but it enables it-FINALLY figured out what was wrong with my recording resolution.  Turns out the problem was twofold-it was throwing it into 320x240 AND had a setting wrong >.>
But now I can do my recordings in no loss 640x480 @ 30 or 60 FPS, depending on what it is.

My first SA lunatic 1cc was 688 million with no lives to spare.  Could have had 1 but Utsuho's 3rd nonspell becomes retarded.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #811 on: July 12, 2012, 02:26:36 PM »
Yes! 1cc'd UFO Hard after several days grind! Phew  :derp: 
Ten Desires, here we go!

Eh, for SA Lunatic runs, most of your score comes from graze rather than lives, unlike with normal mode where an enormous chunk of your score is based on your remaining lives.
I suppose graze becomes so prevalent on Lunatic that sacrificing several extra lives for large graze boosts is alot more beneficial to your score.
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #812 on: July 12, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »

I feel kind of boss right now.

:><:

High lives total and low score? You and I are as kin. :) Good job.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #813 on: July 12, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »
Something I forgot to post a few days ago:

I have no idea how I managed to clear it with Hatate on my first try, yet I haven't cleared it with Aya yet.

Replay (the 6 photos were indeed taken in this one, as one was a failed shot)

« Reply #814 on: July 12, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »
Whoo, another accomplishment! Divine Treasure "Jeweled Branch of Hourai -Dreamlike Paradise-" capture. Finally the days of Kaguya haunting me with a seemingly impossible-to-capture spell are over!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #815 on: July 12, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »
^ I decided to give capturing Hourai Jewel a go based on that. Ignoring the boast that it took me two tries, I think I just finally realized the correct timing for directional changes. I didn't have to do any crazy dodges or nuthin'! /o/

Oh, and as of my MoF stage 4 perfect, I think I finally understand how to semi-consistently beat the post-Momizi spam. Yay!

EDIT: To back up that hefty claim, behold what I did less than ten minutes after saying that:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22490

Six successful dodges, bombing Momizi as soon as possible to make the phase last as long as possible. All you have to do is start direction changing as soon as possible. Well, that and lightning fast reflexes and reading, but you knooooow. :V
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:59:35 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #816 on: July 12, 2012, 05:29:17 PM »
So I re-did 2 things I did about a year ago, this time with default lives.
IN hard with Reimu.
IN hard no focus.

At the same time: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22491
2.42 billion points, 3 final last spell captures, blah blah blah

oh and perfect Tewi.

oh and Hourai Jewel timeout aside from derp at the start

« Reply #817 on: July 12, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »

FINALLY! Total Purification captured!

Gave it a few more tries during some downtime. I don't know why, but for some reason the entire concept of "move when Keine moves" didn't stick into my head properly until the last 10 or so attempts. I feel really silly now.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #818 on: July 13, 2012, 02:59:03 AM »
Simultaneous achievement and rage with this one, but I'm putting it here for reasons I'll get to.

The rage? I lost an SA Lunatic 1lc on Hell's Tokamak. Yeah, let that sink in for a sec. Adrenaline wasn't even involved. So why is this here? Despite the failure, I consider this notable since it's the first time in (technically) two years that I've gotten past Satori on one life. That's one monkey off my back, at least.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #819 on: July 13, 2012, 02:59:40 AM »
LLS clear :VVV.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #820 on: July 13, 2012, 06:23:33 AM »
LLS clear :VVV.

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #821 on: July 13, 2012, 07:27:03 AM »
I suppose I haven't made a straight up accomplishment list for a while:

HrtP: nothing
SoEW: Normal All Clear
PoDD: nada
LLS: ReimuA Normal 1cc
MS: Nope

EoSD: Normal All Clear, ReimuB&MarisaA EX Clears
PCB: Normal&Extra All Clear, Phantasm Mostly All Clear (too lazy to do Sakuya's shot types)
IN: Easy All Clear, Border Team EX Clear (capped 7+), various Normal 1ccs
PoFV: nothing (IT'S CHEATING AI TIME. "NO SHIKIEIKI, NO!")
StB: All Clear (60FPS) (clarifying since I see some 90FPS masochists around here lately)
MoF: Normal&Extra All Clear
SA: Normal&Extra All-Reimu Clear
UFO: Normal&Extra All Clear
DS: All Clear (60FPS)
GFW: Easy All Clear, EX Clear. (yeah, EX Clear but no Normal 1cc. I should get on that)
TD: Normal&Extra All Clear, Reimu Hard 1cc, capped every spell card.

All "All Clears" above are 1ccs unless stated otherwise.

RECENT:
Captured Nue Houjuu's final card for the first time in an otherwise seemingly terrible run.
Made it to Evil Eye Σ.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #822 on: July 13, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »
[quote author=Lepetit89 link=topic=12743.msg856116#msg856116 date=1342043529
Anyway, with that out of the way, I'm also proud to say that I've finally cleared all content all games from 06 to 13 have to offer on the highest difficulty with at least one character!

If you went out of your way to do Overdrives/Last words, does that mean you've captured all cards from 06 to 13? That's my long-term goal.

Oh, that's true, I have yet to capture various Spellcards, sounds like a good start. Majority is limited to Stage 6 and Extra, but I think PCB Stage 3 and 4 and MoF Stage 4 had some left as well.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #823 on: July 13, 2012, 08:15:14 AM »
First attempt at a random EoSD Stage 6 Pacifist and I've perfectly timed out the first spell. I'm surprised that I never thought of this before.

e: Eh... that must be why. At times like this I wish stage practice in EoSD would start you off with more lives.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:23:15 AM by BT »

Zil

« Reply #824 on: July 14, 2012, 03:27:13 AM »
I captured Open Universe and Master Spark Style Flashlight at 90fps. I guess it's worth mentioning. I would've had the survival spell as well but my keyboard killed me. Pretty sure I would've cleared the stage, as a matter of fact, but that shit happened four or five times. I'm remembering now why I gave up trying to no-miss no-bomb this stage.

Oh

« Reply #825 on: July 14, 2012, 04:19:30 AM »
Perfected EoSD Extra for the second time with a different shot than my previous
I thought QED was going to give me trouble as ReimuB but I captured it on my first attempt at it today  :V

On a side note... With an extremely shitty NB hard clear with MarisaB I have NB hard clear with all shots
Lunatic EoSD clears... All is left is MarisaB *shrudders*

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #826 on: July 14, 2012, 06:40:30 AM »

A nice contrast to the one I posted in the fail thread, I think.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:07:36 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #827 on: July 14, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »
 :o

You are really good at perfectionism. What's next?

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #828 on: July 14, 2012, 08:43:42 AM »
Good grief, you did it? Congratulations!

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #829 on: July 14, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »
I would love to see you optimally handle the first stage up to the midboss on Youmu solo and then call IN the easiest Touhou. Seiga. While that probably is a joke it is very unsettling when the person certainly does not know the pain of Youmu scoring. And IN scoring is not that easy anyway when it comes to optimal play.

In any case, congratiulations. It greatly reduces the level of achievement to do it on stage practice (it is almost as stupid as my SFN siht, really), the main obstacle is to handle it with the pressure of a full run behind you. That's why timing out BoLaD should be done without savestates, for example.

Anyway, you seem to become consistent with relatively low effort. It would be cool to see you scorerun, you could probably become good swiftly. However, keep at other stuff if you enjoy other stuff, but do not call games easy unless you have actually played them to the fullest.

I have IN easy scoreruns that have taken much more effort than about every single first lunatic clear, for example. Still, everyone seems to think UFO 200M is some kind huge superplay. How unsettling.

Chuckolator

« Reply #830 on: July 14, 2012, 09:39:17 AM »
Oh god, I can't even imagine scorerunning any more than your average PoC and grazespamming with no danger. Hell, I haven't even lunatic 1cced half the Touhous out there. I'll probably resort to it someday, but for now I'm still happy with my survivalist perspective, and considering that, IN is easiest touhou. Thanks for the thanks though >_>

You are really good at perfectionism. What's next?
I'm a little burned out. I might actually try 1ccing a new lunatic, as shocking as bombing and dying without esc up z up z will seem to be.  <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #831 on: July 14, 2012, 09:50:42 AM »
Guess who completed TD normal no continues?
Now to get MeGui and AviSynth working right and record it, then post it onto facebook

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #832 on: July 14, 2012, 10:07:03 AM »
I have IN easy scoreruns that have taken much more effort than about every single first lunatic clear, for example. Still, everyone seems to think UFO 200M is some kind huge superplay. How unsettling.
Keeping this brief.

Most of the active members of this community have next to no experience with scorerunning and mainly play for survival. When you take this into account, it's completely logical that survival runs get more praise, because most people are most familiar with them and recognize the difficulty. It does not mean that they are harder to perform. In fact, difficulty shouldn't even be a factor, because these are people's hard-earned accomplishments, whatever they are. You fail to understand this, so you end up ridiculing others without noticing. It's like coming up to a bunch of wrestlers and showing off your impressive cooking skills; of course a pro wrestler would get more praise, and it doesn't mean that whatever you're doing is worse - because it's a completely different field.
I'm a little burned out. I might actually try 1ccing a new lunatic, as shocking as bombing and dying without esc up z up z will seem to be.  <_<
I hope you mean esc+r.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:09:46 AM by BT »

Chuckolator

« Reply #833 on: July 14, 2012, 10:17:54 AM »
I hope you mean esc+r.
Did up z up z before I learned r, and I don't want to change because the extra keystrokes give me a second to snap out of my habit before I actually do it. I've almost done it more than once while continue spamming in MoF/SA/UFO after an early clipdeath, or if I die during a 1cc attempt at the very beginning of a stage 4/5/6 where I'd always just reset if I were in stage practice.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:20:49 AM by Seiga Kaku »

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #834 on: July 14, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »

A nice contrast to the one I posted in the fail thread, I think.

I'm actually not entirely sure what's going on here.

Perfect Lunatic 6A, Hourai Elixir included? If I'm getting this right, then holy shit you're a mad man, Lunatic Eirin is horrible.

« Reply #835 on: July 14, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »
That's why timing out BoLaD should be done without savestates, for example.

There would at least be some consequence for failing it since you'll have to go through a (from a non-scoring Pov) really long and tedious level for every shot at it. It would certainly make the accomplishment worth more but the question is just whether it would be worth enough? You are not really proving anything by doing it beyond having great levels of patience.

Timing out last words such as SFN or UBS is fun but it wouldn't be that fun if you had to stare into a wall for 8 minutes for every one of your failures. Especially if those failures are you testing a different approach to see if it would work. Same thing for another spell in IN I spent quite a while timing out. Thanks to spell practice I was able to develop the correct approach and i got the timeout shortly after working out the approach but i had to spend a lot of failures to figure it out. I don't get why the accomplishment would've been more impressive if I had had to run through IN on every attempt.

Also. Good job to Seiga. I never perfected her beyond her final non-Hourai-elixir-card (not to say that i tried to :v) and she has some great pains that you need to beat so contratulations. Now if you can do Kaguya then I'll be truly impressed.

Chuckolator

« Reply #836 on: July 14, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »
I feel this is relevant somehow?
Now if you can do Kaguya then I'll be truly impressed.
The sixth impossible request surfaces.
Spoiler:
translation: maybe in August

« Reply #837 on: July 14, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »
Keeping this brief.It's like coming up to a bunch of wrestlers and showing off your impressive cooking skills; of course a pro wrestler would get more praise, and it doesn't mean that whatever you're doing is worse - because it's a completely different field.

This comparison is pretty dumb. Choosing to ignore some aspect of the game doesn't make it a completely different field.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #838 on: July 14, 2012, 12:32:41 PM »
This comparison is pretty dumb. Choosing to ignore some aspect of the game doesn't make it a completely different field.
The difficulty in scoreruns comes from different aspects than that of survival runs. So, no: it's not ignoring some aspect but rather focusing on some aspect, which results in plenty of changes. My example was extreme but not wrong.

chum

« Reply #839 on: July 14, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »

Total miracle that I won the first fight against Yumemi. Normally she absolutely destroys me no matter how many lives I have (I've no-missed to her twice before, and still no clear then) but this time, possibly due to Yumemi's strong bosses (Yumemi is the character I used. I originally used Reimu but switched to Yumemi.) she went down in only 3 minutes. Of course, luck definitely played a huge role. I pulled some absolutely ridiculous dodges this time, too,  and I would've lost if i didn't afford one final hyper just before some ridiculous spam reached me.

2 Losses in total, both to Chiyuri.