Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219152 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #630 on: July 01, 2012, 01:14:44 AM »
Unlocked Hatate in DS with a fresh score.dat without using shift key/focus (also means no camera charging) and no switching the camera alignment.

Some highlights uploaded: EX-2 this felt like a pretty cool achievement on its own, 12-6 this was probably the hardest scene to clear for me,  11-3 it was fun because I missed what was supposed to be the last picture because I couldn't snap around the camera, 8-8 this scene is just fun to play, it's way too short when you play it normally.

Some others that were nice were 10-3 because of the improvised strategy which yielded a clear on my second try, 10-4, because it played a bit like Hatate's when you don't switch the camera alignment. Yeah and EX-8 without allowing focus made me feel like I was a noob at the game again, usually I snap around the camera for pictures by tapping focus there, but now I couldn't do that. Took me 3 tries to clear because of this :/

Attached file contains most replays, 1-2 -> 1-5 I didn't even save replay, EX-4 and SP-1, SP-5 are included, but had over 5% slowdown, but all these are easymode with these conditions anyway, so whatever. Also I think a few EX-3 fails are included too, one with a derp and one with a lucky dodge.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #631 on: July 01, 2012, 01:37:22 AM »
I got another perfect Easy clear! This is another one for Imperishable Night and I picked Remilia this time! This is my 6th playthrough like this so far! :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22218

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odjUqqNDkaE
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #632 on: July 01, 2012, 03:00:34 AM »
Barely failed a VoWG capture, so tried timing it out for fun and lasted 40 seconds of the wall phase. I can definitely see the appeal. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #633 on: July 01, 2012, 05:44:10 AM »
So, I didn't do Final A on Hard Mode.

But then I realized I can spark whatever I don't like, and 1cc'd Hard for Final B (even after a few careless deaths in stage 5)
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22231

ark

• みょん
« Reply #634 on: July 01, 2012, 10:28:25 AM »
UFO Lunatic Stage 3 NDNBNUFO (SanaeB).
Replay, Nicovideo←60fps, YouTube

edit: lol I can't link things
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:48:37 PM by Nereid »

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #635 on: July 01, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »
Urrr.... Getting closer to that UFO Extra Clear... @@ Got Nue's survival card down to 4 second before getting clipped :D

Although it didn't help that the first nonspell and spell were bombwhores and took ALL MY FRIGGIN BOMBS ON THAT LIFE WHEN IT SHOULDNT HAVE TAKEN EVEN ONE. Oh whoops, that should be in the rage thread. ^^

« Reply #636 on: July 01, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
Double Death Butterfly timeout.

What makes this possible? The fact that I actually got Hourglass working. Now that I can just reset at the start of the attack instead of playing through two thirds of Phantasm every time, dying a thousand times isn't such a big deal anymore.

It's almost like Spell Practice is in every Touhou game now. You know, like it should have been to begin with.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #637 on: July 01, 2012, 01:39:32 PM »
Do it for DBDB, then. :U

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #638 on: July 01, 2012, 02:10:38 PM »
Aaaaand MoF normal 1cc is done! My faith reigns absolute.  :D

Only thing is, next up is Subterranean Animism... supposedly the hardest of them all. We shall see.

Zil

« Reply #639 on: July 01, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »
Only thing is, next up is Subterranean Animism... supposedly the hardest of them all. We shall see.
It's a myth spread by people who don't know about the bomb button, I assure you.

« Reply #640 on: July 01, 2012, 03:10:31 PM »
Do it for DBDB, then. :U
Unfortunately not possible. The computer I got Hourglass working on pretty much refuses to run SA at 60 FPS without vsync. Hourglass and vsync are mutually exclusive.

Anyway, results of a bit of boredom: UFO Easy 1CC without summoning any UFOs. Was expecting it to actually be challenging with this limitation. It, um, wasn't. Even with multiple derp deaths.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #641 on: July 01, 2012, 03:34:35 PM »
You could just pacify whole SA stage 4 on your actual computer, without savestates? :>

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #642 on: July 01, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »

I beg to differ.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #643 on: July 01, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
Unfortunately not possible. The computer I got Hourglass working on pretty much refuses to run SA at 60 FPS without vsync. Hourglass and vsync are mutually exclusive.

Anyway, results of a bit of boredom: UFO Easy 1CC without summoning any UFOs. Was expecting it to actually be challenging with this limitation. It, um, wasn't. Even with multiple derp deaths.

Try normal without summoning UFOs!

EDIT: FUCK I DOUBLE POSTED
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:17:20 PM by Ace »

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #644 on: July 01, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »
Uh, no, SA Normal is the hardest. I'm pretty sure we had this debate before. Do remember that new players aren't exactly professionals at bomb planning.

In other news, 2 Miss Greatest Treasure Timeout. Not-bad-at-all.

By the by, I DID try Normal NoUFO after you posted the Easy clear, only with no bombs too. Wouldn't you know it, I hated Murasa's final spell back then too! I also literally ran into bullets during Shou's final card and S6 Nue for no reason, and along with Byakuren's fourth nonspell and Kogasa's final spell, I failed! Yeah. Definitely, definitely doable. (basically a 4-and-lower Miss UFO Normal run is needed)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:47:47 PM by BT »

« Reply #645 on: July 01, 2012, 03:47:27 PM »
Uh, no, SA Normal is the hardest. I'm pretty sure we had this debate before. Do remember that new players aren't exactly professionals at bomb planning.

Then use my plan from back then. Bomb everything that's just a little bit dangerous.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #646 on: July 01, 2012, 04:33:02 PM »

In other news, 2 Miss Greatest Treasure Timeout. Not-bad-at-all.

By the by, I DID try Normal NoUFO after you posted the Easy clear, only with no bombs too. Wouldn't you know it, I hated Murasa's final spell back then too! I also literally ran into bullets during Shou's final card and S6 Nue for no reason, and along with Byakuren's fourth nonspell and Kogasa's final spell, I failed! Yeah. Definitely, definitely doable. (basically a 4-and-lower Miss UFO Normal run is needed)

You've cleared EoSD Lunatic.

I did this before I even thought of clearing anything on Hard.

You can do this and make it to Byakuren with like five three lives if you bomb efficiently. Trust me, if I can clear with a 0/0 ratio in my Normal Mode prime, you can clear with default resources remaining AT LEAST. Although if Murasa's a problem then never mind.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:38:38 PM by Ace »

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #647 on: July 01, 2012, 05:01:50 PM »
You can do this and make it to Byakuren with like five three lives if you bomb efficiently.
This isn't a serious thing for me, anyway. I just wanted to see how well I'd do in one attempt.

« Reply #648 on: July 01, 2012, 05:22:46 PM »
I actually had far more trouble with UFO. I cleared SA Normal on my second try >>
UFO took about one hundred and fifty.
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #649 on: July 01, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »
I actually had far more trouble with UFO. I cleared SA Normal on my second try >>
UFO took about one hundred and fifty.

I feel the same, I can clear SA on lunatic pretty regularly now, but I still have difficulty with UFO on normal and can't even reach past Murasa on UFO Hard!  :ohdear:
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #650 on: July 01, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
Playing UFO no UFO is surprisingly relaxing for some reason... And I perfected Normal Shou for the first time. Still Game Over'd to Devil's Recital or whatever,though. Too many derps. (ALSO CAPTURED BYAKUREN'S SPELL WITH THE CURVY LASERS,AS WELL AS THE STUPIDLY HARD 3RD NONSPELL)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #651 on: July 01, 2012, 06:43:45 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22242

This practice run of UFO Lunatic Stage 5 includes:

+A flawless timeout of Nazrin's nonspell.
+A crazy capture of Greatest Treasure.
+Flawless spam fairies.
+A capture of Shou's first spell.
+All three nonspells, flawless.

-Random bullshit pattern at the very end of the stage deciding to kill me and ruin a flawless stage portion.
-Death to second spell.
-Death to last spell.
-Vajra.

Annoyingly, these are my stats with ReimuA (aka 99% of the overall stats):

Jeweled Pagoda "Greatest Treasure" - 5/139
Jeweled Pagoda "Radiant Treasure Gun" - 8/113
Light Sign "Aura of Justice" - 23/97
Buddha's Light "Vajra of Perfect Buddhism" - 0/73
"Complete Clarification" - 15/64

Yeeeaaaah. :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #653 on: July 02, 2012, 04:09:56 AM »
I timed out Asteroid Belt in about 7 or 8 attempts, and then I selected the option to try again instead of saving a replay.  :derp:

After another 15-20 tries I got this,
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22246

« Reply #654 on: July 02, 2012, 06:18:48 AM »
Woohoo I captured all of Yuyuko's non-spells and spells on Lunatic with the exception of her knives non-spell and the spell immediately following that (because I bombed at the last second on the knives non-spell and that carried over into the next spell :/). But I finally found a good strategy for Perfect Blossom and I figured out how the red butterflies work on her survival. I can do this!... (Probably not immediately though, given how often I tend to derp on these things)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #655 on: July 02, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »
Decided to try this, and managed a 3DNB1UFO clear (replay) on the fourth try (first game overed on Byakuren's third nonspell, second restarted after accidentally collecting a UFO in stage 1, third restarted after a death on stage 3). The deaths were on Radiant Treasure and Byakuren's third and fourth nonspells (why am I less consistent at Byakuren's third nonspell on Normal than on Lunatic?). I accidentally summoned a blue UFO in stage 4 and didn't feel like restarting, so I let it escape; it didn't have much effect anyway except making midboss Nue slightly harder to survive since I was concentrating on not depleting the UFO's health.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #656 on: July 02, 2012, 09:17:32 AM »
Yeah, the thing about UFO Normal is that some things are just as fast as they are on Lunatic. (see: Stage 5 Nazrin's midboss lasers, Byakuren's lasers and Byakuren's third/fourth nonspells)

I'm getting fairly consistent at timing out Greatest Treasure with 2 misses, and I managed a 1-Miss timeout too. I'd say that's worth a mention.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #657 on: July 02, 2012, 11:24:34 AM »
Any little improvement is an accomplishment to me now.

I now know how I want to approach Radiant Treasure Gun and Vajra of Spinning Shit. I can probably capture RTG about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time, and Vajra most of the time. (Assuming I'm ReimuA with full power, anyway.) Also, I feel like I have a fighting chance against Greatest Treasure now. I'm having a lot of trouble with Shou's last card lately, though, which is irritating. In any case, Stage 5 NDNBNUFO doesn't seem so out of reach anymore. Nazrin and Shou will be butts forever, though.

Also, 2DNB Byakuren (second nonspell, and LFS). My best Byakuren performance so far. I think I can read the first spell better than I used to, which is cool. (~1/4 capture rate possibly?) I need to decide on a good way to approach the second nonspell, and maybe think about Devil's Recitation some more, but now Stage 6 NDNBNUFO doesn't seem entirely out of reach either.

Cool.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:28:11 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #658 on: July 02, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »
Finally got a 1cc of Phantasmagoria Trues advanced all unseen stages yesterday. Alice's last spell is pretty ridiculous.

And just got a 1cc of unlimited. I wasn't expecting it to be easier than advanced.

RSFiye

• Studying, studying, studying...
  • ...learning to control this rod.
« Reply #659 on: July 02, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »
Speaking of harder, I'd have to agree with SA being harder than UFO. Considering I've cleared UFO with MarisaA and i have yet to get a 1cc clear on SA.

Then again, I did spend the last two months on/off on UFO. Late march I could get up to Murasa without a continue, and three weeks ago I finally got my 1cc clear. (My heart was racing through flying fantastica. Started stage 6 with 2 lives and 1 bomb, ended up on the last spell card with no lives and no bombs. My god, that second between beating the boss and waiting for the bullets to vanish felt like forever.)