Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219169 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2012, 12:50:36 AM »
"Peerless Wind God" Capture video
oh my god that was the easiest PWG I've ever seen.  So many instances of a second of no dodging, hardest part was the required dash up at one point.
Check out the PWG in my perfect of the stage, that was a tricky one.

Also I FINALLY BEAT StB 5-5!  never again, only did it because I came close a few times.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2012, 12:58:11 AM »
oh my god that was the easiest PWG I've ever seen.  So many instances of a second of no dodging, hardest part was the required dash up at one point.

I can guess it doesn't count as an accomplishment?

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2012, 01:03:07 AM »
I can guess it doesn't count as an accomplishment?
It can count, that particular PWG looked more like hard mode.
Which I still fail about a third of the time.
So nice job on the cap either way, since it's PWG. (just don't expect any other caps of it to be anywhere near that easy :P)

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2012, 03:35:01 AM »
Perfecting PCB Normal Stage 5 was surprisingly fun for a two level difficulty drop, but it's done. If third hardest Stage 5 was this easy, the others can't be far behind.
Moving on up with a perfect PCB Stage 5 Hard. Lunatic might take a little while longer, methinks. >_>
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2012, 03:47:01 AM »
Barely an accomplishment since I managed to lose FOUR lives to Kanako when I can usually get her in like 2, but...  Finally got around to beating Mountain of Faith.  Now I get to die repeatedly in Extra, yay!  Need to readjust to Extra-speed bullets.  Anyway, got my MoF clear, so I'm satisfied.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21661

A UFO Hard No-bombs attempt. I actually wanted to post this in Rage thread because this performance is beyond awful but I think I'll post it here anyway simply because I got so far on my first random-never-to-be-attempted-again (well maybe some other time)  attempt that somehow includes ReimuB who i'll just add is a horrible character for my playstyle. I'll stick to the good girls next time.

I died three times on Ichirin and three times on Shou's second non-spell and a lot of other bad places. You can watch the replay if you enjoy watching people really fail at shooters. I still got to Devil's Recitation though so I don't ever want to hear anyone complain about resources in this game again.

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2012, 11:05:20 AM »
Quite a few things the past days. Yay for vacation.

PCB Stage 1 Lunatic Perfect
PCB Stage 2 Lunatic Perfect
GFW Extra Clear
GFW Route A-1 Lunatic 1cc

All routes in GFW 1cc'd on Hard as well and timeouts of Poison Nail "Undead Murderer", Path Sign "TAO Fetal Movement ~Dao~", "Divine Spirits' Universe" and Honor "Ranks of Twelve Levels" (Lunatic) but replays.gensokyo.org is being stupid with TH13 uploads right now so I can't provide replays. Will do so later on once it works though.

You can tell I was quite bored. :I

Also lol, next to no videos for gold medal captures in GFW's Extra. I'm not surprised though, seeing how some spells are like humanly impossible without slowing the game down. Anyone wanna prove me wrong? :3
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:13:52 AM by Buu »

« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »
Buu, it's more something to do with a Stage that's four minutes long and horrendously boring once you get the approach down.  As you said, most of the spells are pretty fucking impossible if you don't slow down the game so to gold medal them you'd have to treck through that entire stage just to get one shot at something that's basically based on luck unless you are some sort of danmaku god which probably loses it's appeal to most people very fast.

There are some pretty delicious cards in there though that are just hard but doable. You could go capture those.  :V

OT: I got a nice little present in compensation for my bad UFO run just before. A 'perfect' run of MoF Stage 4 that  includes a capture of the post-Momiji barrage without stalling Momiji to make things easier. It also allowed me to capture a brutal PWG. Very intense and very satisfying. The run also includes Aya forgotting that she's supposed to attack on the final non-spell. She's a bit silly like that sometimes and just stands still which while no bullets even go near me. I have no idea what triggers that though or if it's just random.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
You have to stand directly below her. She moves right if you're to the right of her, left if you're to the left, etc. Most of MoF works this way.

« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2012, 11:47:10 AM »
Yeah, I gold medal'd a few already but spells like Closure Sign "Big Crunch and Unsealed Magic "Open Universe are pretty killer, with freezing already. Not that it matters though, gold medals aren't anything I'd really consider doing in the game anytime soon (if ever). I'm just surprised that there are no videos uploaded of those spells, I figured some freaks might just have been able to do those. ;) Perhaps there are some, just not on YouTube.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:48:53 AM by Buu »

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
Yeah, I gold medal'd a few already but spells like Closure Sign "Big Crunch and Unsealed Magic "Open Universe are pretty killer, with freezing already. Not that it matters though, gold medals aren't anything I'd really consider doing in the game anytime soon (if ever). I'm just surprised that there are no videos uploaded of those spells, I figured some freaks might just have been able to do those. ;) Perhaps there are some, just not on YouTube.

I did use Hourglass the one time to repeatedly attempt the Extra spells for Gold medals (because that's the smart thing to do when you've never actually beaten an Extra Stage normally) and Big Crunch is possible but much too difficult for me to pull off but Open Universe is basically impossible. Unfortunately even if I repeatedly savestated and loaded Open Universe again and again with Hourglass until I finally pulled it off via insane luck and sheer persistence I'd have nothing to show for it because Hourglass causes GFW to crash when the replay screen comes up for me.  :V

Quite a few of them are easy (relatively speaking, anyway, they're still difficult) to gold like Fairy Destruction Ray (freezing stops doing jackshit at the last phase anyway) and Shoot The Little Moon but the lack of videos mostly stems from no-one having the patience to play through the longest Extra Stage to get an attempt at a very difficult series of cards. At least Stage 6 is short when going for VoWG timeouts and captures (not that I have this problem, Hourglass ftw).

« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »
What is that Hourglass thing you speak of?

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »
What is that Hourglass thing you speak of?

Hourglass is a TAS tool for PC games, more or less. Slowdown and savestates, that sort of thing. It is cheating, of course. But no-one seems to mind using savestates to practice difficult shit on the PC-98 games so I figured that using this to practice the likes of VoWG or Byakuren's last spell-who's-name-i've-totally-forgotten was fair game. 'Tis a wee bit buggy though, being a relatively new thing and all.

« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »
I'll have to check that out sometime. If it works, then it would probably mean less tedium and more playing.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »
Final part of the 90FPS Double Spoiler series. With 12-6 included no less thanks to Ridley 64 being awesome and very kindly giving me his unique, kinda working 90FPS replay to record off!

Now that I'm done with this though, I have absolutely no idea what to do next. Maybe I'll go and finish up that Touhoumon Nuzlocke or something...

Chuckolator

« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2012, 03:23:29 PM »
And a perfect PCB Stage 6 normal, with the first attempt to not derp on the stage portion being the winner. I don't remember Yuyuko being that much of a step down aside from RB. >_>

No. 17 Umbrella Sign "Parasol Star Memories" 1/27

Awesome!

*remembers that lunatic exists*

I think I've had a good run.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:13:56 PM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2012, 01:00:36 AM »
Final part of the 90FPS Double Spoiler series. With 12-6 included no less thanks to Ridley 64 being awesome and very kindly giving me his unique, kinda working 90FPS replay to record off!
Congrats :) Glad I was able to help. Though now I'm wondering why I never thought to try it with Hatate since it probably would have been less trouble that way. Oh well :V

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2012, 03:27:12 AM »
I finally cleared PCB Phantasm with both Marisa A and Sakuya A today. It's kind of weird playing the two of them back-to-back, since Marisa took around 100 tries before I finally got a successful run whereas I curbstomped Yukari into the fucking ground on the first try with Sakuya. Sakuya: best playable character ever?

Seriously, I have no idea how the hell I managed to pull off some of those captures (Boundary of Life and Death oh my God), much less finish with four lives (!) in stock. That run was just crazy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:34:09 AM by PapillonReel »

Chuckolator

« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2012, 08:45:55 AM »
It's always a bad omen when the accomplishments topic is on the second page.

This took far too long, but PCB Lunatic Stage 5 perfected! I'll stop here, as anything else I feel like saying doesn't belong outside the rage thread.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:54:51 AM by Seiga Kaku »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »
Reached 999990 faith in MoF Easy, which I consider an accomplishment. (And 1.3 billion score as well, which seems pretty high. Even though I failed Kanako's third card for some reason.) It was easier than expected once I started looking closely at my replays to keep track of where the faith counter was decreasing.

Oh, and if anyone has any advice on how I could improve my score, other than the obvious like don't fail any of Kanako's cards and deathbomb wherever I didn't properly ram into a bullet while bombing, feel free to mention it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:22:27 AM by Karisa »

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »
Sorry - it's a late reply, I know. Buuut...

So I guess I should update my accomplishment list.
This time in sexy Excel format. I'll have to go through and actually make this good looking later.

This is a pretty great idea. I've been writing down everything I'm aiming to do in a notebook and crossing them off as I play, but keeping track of it in Excel seems like it'd be much more convenient. Brb, totally gonna steal this for myself.  :3

EDIT: Finished making a template! It's attached below, if anyone wants to look at it. (ED2: Made a few small changes.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:52:36 PM by PapillonReel »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »
I DON'T HAVE EXCEL SO I CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT

It seems really fuckin' nifty :c

Enjoy.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2012, 10:12:15 PM »
Yeah...so I kinda started doing Shoot The Bullet at 90FPS. Only my run has a twist, because it looks like this. UNSUBTLE PLUG GET!

Okay, it's functionally identical to the point where replays and score.dat's cross transfer just fine since the mod is entirely cosmetic and the only reason I'm subjecting myself to this all over again is because I'm still acclimated to the 90FPS photography control scheme. Not being able to flip the lens is kind of annoying though.

Anyway yeah Stages 1-3 (barring 3-6 because LASERS) already done at 90FPS because I'm still used to way this controls and I'm doing this to the best of my patience before it wears off and I drop down to boring normal speed stuff.

Shoot The Bullet is way harder than Double Spoiler though, since it never even tries to pretend it is not going to stomp on your nut sack repeatedly.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:16:28 PM by GamingAwesome1 »

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »
Perfected Mid-boss Ichirin supergrazing! Time to work on executing this in an actual run

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
Zil: congrats on the Chiyuri 1cc.  That's a hell of a feat.

I know I said that elsewhere but I wanted to say it here too.  You deserve major props.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2012, 11:49:44 PM »
[16:37] <Kuruminut> I cleared EoSD lunatic with only four deaths
[16:46] <Sana> Good gravy
[16:46] <Kuruminut> http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21701 Yes. It IS good gravy

And everyone had dinner that night. Except for Remilia.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2012, 02:37:19 AM »
So, I cleared IN Hard on my very first try (0/0 Route A with Border Team but who cares I still cleared it be quiet >3<), and also got my MoF Extra cap.
It was starting to get annoying when I would flawlessly sweep the stage 20 times, only to have Suwako kill me three times on Iron Ring (which isn't even that bad ;w;).
Meanwhile...
UFO Extra with ReimuB is utter hell and I am seriously considering attempting a reclear with SanaeB, who I can't acclimatise to .
SA Extra, I have yet to see Koishi's second spell ;_;
IN Extra is boring and I don't enjoy it, but it seems doable.
PCB Extra isn't far off, but Chen is an absolute roadblock.
EoSD Extra...why is EoSD so clunky...
TD Extra is just clipdeaths all the time and aaaaaaah.

And, of course, PoFV Normal 1cc is going poorly. The file deleted itself, so I can't use Yuuka/Medicine/Aya, and the AI brings out some utterly insane attacks.
Medicine also survived for five minutes on one occasion, and I think I recall Shiki using four spells at once while Lily appeared...
Yeah, I'm going to be chasing this for a while.
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Chuckolator

« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2012, 02:56:04 AM »
you should try GFW Extra PCB is probably the easiest out of those, Chen is just sidestepping nonspell>streaming>fixed, learnable pattern. Watch a video and see what I mean.

« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2012, 05:06:00 AM »
For PoFV, here's a score.dat with all characters unlocked. I don't remember where I got it, otherwise I'd just link there, but yeah there's no shame in not wanting to unlock all the characters. It's boring. (Also, if you do use that, it's named scoreth09.dat; be sure to change it to just score.dat before you put it in your PoFV folder.)

Other than that, pretty much what Seiga said. The nonspell isn't hard, the first spell is shotgun and bomb, the second spell is learnable and at worst it's another bomb. Even with Marisa that's a net gain in resources.