Author Topic: New forums!  (Read 79974 times)

Adun

Re: New forums!
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 10:05:48 AM »
Thirteenth.

Thirtieth?

Good job on the move~

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »
Hey congrats for the migration and all :)
The new boards seems so clean and it feels like a new start :D

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 10:20:39 AM »
If I may be so bold, it's that sort of closed attitude towards the thoughts and opinions of others that can prove detrimental to the community. It's not like I enjoy writing suggestions. They take time and careful thought and people do it because they care about this community. I know lots of people gripe and moan but sometimes some people stop to give constructive feedback. Don't let the griping and moaning drown out the good constructive criticism. We all need it to develop further and overcome previous flaws, after all.

It might've been more welcome had we not just laid to rest a long thread on such issues in the previous forum, but now we've discussed things among ourselves, are all loaded up with ideas and ready to try this 'running a forum properly' thing for ourselves. Many of our ideas coincide with yours, they're common sense after all (the main issue with previous forum being that no one really put in any effort to improve it, not that they didn't know how.)

Thanks anyway, we will do our best this time around, and the expanded moderation team should help keep things that way.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 10:27:42 AM »
It might've been more welcome had we not just laid to rest a long thread on such issues in the previous forum, but now we've discussed things among ourselves, are all loaded up with ideas and ready to try this 'running a forum properly' thing for ourselves. Many of our ideas coincide with yours, they're common sense after all (the main issue with previous forum being that no one really put in any effort to improve it, not that they didn't know how.)

Thanks anyway, we will do our best this time around, and the expanded moderation team should help keep things that way.

I understand. Sorry if I was bringing up something unwanted. Again, I didn't mean to lecture, they were just humble suggestions. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I for one will do my best as a member.

Thanks again and best of luck.

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 10:44:13 AM »
Shit, I didn't realize this untill this morning.

So if the forums are new, then where the hell does everything archived go?

Old Shrinemaiden wouldn't hold it for long. >_>'

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »
Shit, I didn't realize this untill this morning.

So if the forums are new, then where the hell does everything archived go?

Old Shrinemaiden wouldn't hold it for long. >_>'

Pretty sure you keep the stuff you archive somewhere or something.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »
I take it SoG and the rest have to be reposted huh? Oh well.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 11:53:44 AM »
Everything looks so...tiny. It's kinda a nice change of pace.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 12:12:22 PM »
Anyhow, I see there's still animosity against our fanfiction RPGs. That's fine. If it's all right with everyone, I'll manually transfer everything onto a new thread here (and keep the use of the 'w' word to an absolute minimum). Is that all right?

In my opinion that story needs a cleanup since there are multiple story routes exist and the total storyline is getting bigger and bigger.

by Clean-up I mean to rearrange all the portions of the story base on the time that the event happened (Chronologically, hope I didn't get this one wrong.) And create a "What is going on currently" Portion at the Top.

for the wording issue, just replace the "w" ones with the word "partners", all should be fine :) 

PS: I have archived my route though.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:22:51 PM by nemoma »

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »
In my opinion that story needs a cleanup since there are multiple story routes exist and the total storyline is getting bigger and bigger.

by Clean-up I mean to rearrange all the portions of the story base on the time that the event happened (Chronologically, hope I didn't get this one wrong.) And create a "What is going on currently" Portion at the Top.

for the wording issue, just replace the "w" ones with the word "partners", all should be fine :)

Yeah, looks like a good a time as any to fix the chronology. I'll do that tonight. I've already rewritten the first post of the discussion thread and it's in the archive now. Will repost it later.

By the way, temporary thread has been set up here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:30:03 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Gpop

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
Oh look a new forum!

Which means a new start!

Well then, can I ask if I can repost the waifu thread, but disallowing all RP talks and sex-related crap that the other thread had?

And if this is accepted, ALL CHARACTERS ARE RESET AND AVAILABLE TO CLAIM FOR OTHERS!

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2009, 01:13:08 PM »
Alright so we finally moved, now I guess I'll have to haul all the topics that are key from over here (by remaking them)...

looks like I'll be busy again. ^^;
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Young Demon Lord

• Banned
  • Bye!
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »
Yo.  I'm back.

Was considering registering a different name.  Decided to register this one first, so that people know me.

May register alt account in the future.
An array of angled lasers and bubble waves.
The only problem is that your hitbox is so small....

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »
Ara, didn't notice the move until I got to college today. My was I surprised~ This will gimme a chance to rework some of the things I had going in UGW and that fanfiction I've been procrastinating working on.

In anycase seems like a pretty nice place to settle in to, good work everyone.

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2009, 03:18:02 PM »
Hi everyone. I was Touhoufreak. I have decided to change my nick into Zengeku instead which was the name i use for my replays. It's also a lot better than "Touhoufreak" anyway. And a hell of a lot more original.

I haven't changed one bit since the earlier MoTK but i'll do my best to help keeping these forums as clean as possible by trying to avoid bullshit. (I'll just mark as a footnote that i won't post anything about non-touhou shmups. They don't exist in my world anymore.)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 04:41:33 PM by TheStupidOne »

mad

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »
So are the old threads going to be migrated by admins or we do it ourselves. If we do it ourselves, how do we do it? Or are the archives there to stay?
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2009, 04:34:06 PM »
Archives are temporary, no decision yet if we keep or not~
We're not moving threads, ask a mod for permission to repost~
I am a cute mitten~
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 04:35:42 PM by TheStupidOne »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »
Oh yeah, it's that image.

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Account Settings to change your displayed name.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2009, 04:40:39 PM »
This is why I love anonymous boards - I always suck trying to make up an original name. This time I came up with this by ROT13'ing my surname. It looks like a spambot. But it's a bit cool... I think...
By the way, isn't everything a bit too small on these new forums?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2009, 05:12:17 PM »
After being gone for two weeks, I was a bit confused when my log-in didn't work... But when I saw what happened, I think of this as a pleasant surprise. Good job to all the janitors and mods, and anyone else who may have helped.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2009, 05:18:17 PM »
After being gone for two weeks, I was a bit confused when my log-in didn't work... But when I saw what happened, I think of this as a pleasant surprise. Good job to all the janitors and mods, and anyone else who may have helped.

You owe some people an explanation~

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2009, 06:30:11 PM »
Question: How are polls added? I don't see the option anymore.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2009, 06:41:18 PM »

We decided hardly anyone made good use of them, so they weren't enabled except in Cirno's Perfect Math Class.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »
You owe some people an explanation~

There's no appropriate thread yet, so I'll quickly say that health comes first, Mafia second. I was going to have my sister post and let people know, but that didn't pan out due to her being off on trips all the time. I'll give a full apology later; I can at least promise that.

OT: What about the old popular polls, like the Who Would You Sleep With Thread and such? Even if they became ridiculous, a janitor could always delete spammy threads, right? It just doesn't feel right with the inability to make a poll outside of the Classroom for other discussions.
If the issue lies with the forum software or some other technical aspect I wouldn't know about, then that's perfectly understandable.

Mizuki-chan

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »
I panicked at first when I couldn't log in. Then I realized the clean up. It's a nice change.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2009, 08:00:25 PM »
If you want a poll added, you can ask one of us, and if we think it's a good idea, we'll add it for you.

Mobius

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2009, 08:04:28 PM »
Ah, fresh boards. Smells nice.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »
OT: What about the old popular polls, like the Who Would You Sleep With Thread and such? Even if they became ridiculous, a janitor could always delete spammy threads, right? It just doesn't feel right with the inability to make a poll outside of the Classroom for other discussions.
If the issue lies with the forum software or some other technical aspect I wouldn't know about, then that's perfectly understandable.
Not happening, ask a mod to make a poll for you.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2009, 09:20:26 PM »
Please change the font sizes back to the way they were. Everything looked good, now it looks gaudy.

Gpop

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2009, 09:21:52 PM »
Please change the font sizes back to the way they were. Everything looked good, now it looks gaudy.

Agree'd. It's too big atm.