Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Server closed  (Read 291030 times)

draganuv15

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Adventure World!
« Reply #510 on: October 20, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »
Oh, see now. That is pretty interesting. Not sure what to use that for though, besides some kind of magic trick.

AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK, DLANOR A. KNOX WILL DISAPPEAR UNDER THIS ANVIL~

*squish*

Looks like she
*sunglasses*
DIED TEH DEATH

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #511 on: October 20, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
Well I can finally stick around at my worldship and work on it overnight for the first time in like ever.

I also have like 400 spare torches as a result.

Also i'm looking to buy a good enchanted pick because mine is almost broken.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:25:22 PM by RIKTER »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #512 on: October 20, 2012, 09:39:10 PM »
I set up base near Rikter's worldship on that little island off to the side. I'm right above a mineshaft, even.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #513 on: October 24, 2012, 05:59:02 AM »
Party Pumpkin Zone

« Reply #514 on: October 24, 2012, 07:39:24 AM »
Nice work!

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #515 on: October 25, 2012, 09:32:51 PM »
BSoD, you can't dupe the anvils the same way you can sand. even though it is affected by gravity, it can't be pushed by pistons.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #516 on: October 26, 2012, 07:44:31 AM »
BSoD, you can't dupe the anvils the same way you can sand. even though it is affected by gravity, it can't be pushed by pistons.
Well darn it. They're on to us now!

Now that 1.4(.2) is officially out, I need to test the sand duper in a test world and see if it still works.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #517 on: October 29, 2012, 04:29:19 AM »
Bukkit Dev Build for 1.4.2.

I would quote that the TF2 server also needed dev builds of core plugins (SourceMod, MetaMod, SDKHooks, and TF2Items) amid the massive Scream Fortress update - with all but TF2Items working ATM with little or no problems - but that's not exactly a good comparison, no? :P

Nonetheless the server could use a more frequent update and maintenance schedule.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:32:00 AM by Max⁇ Hyperkinetic Lagomorph »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #518 on: October 29, 2012, 05:20:51 AM »
Idk if Stuffman will use this one.

But I do hope we have the correct bukkit build before the month ends.

« Reply #519 on: October 29, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »
Nonetheless the server could use a more frequent update and maintenance schedule.
No, we don't use development builds due to the fact that they are still too experimental and buggy. The Bukkit crew themselves recommend against using such builds unless you aim to help troubleshoot issues in preparation of the official release. Besides, we have to adjust our many plugins to reflect the Bukkit update and make sure they work properly without any game-breaking bullshit.

I read up on their dev build earlier today (before work. I just got back now) and they frantically released another update to Bukkit 1.3.2 and strongly suggested that everyone that updated to 1.4.2's Bukkit to regress to this new 1.3 update. They might have revised this position in the last several hours, but that's my stance on it for now.

Don't assume that this server is just left by the wayside. Just because you don't see either of us on, that does not mean that maintenance is not conducted.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:17:28 AM by Dr.Strafe »

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #520 on: October 30, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
New attraction under the swamp at the Tanuki Empire (Just follow the signs)

Guess what this is and win a L30 Enderpearl!
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #521 on: October 30, 2012, 09:37:30 PM »
Nah to be honest he's right, I haven't paid enough attention to the server lately. Should've gotten a new adventure world out weeks ago. At this point though, I'll just wait til we update for 1.4.

I'm hoping we get to update quickly, there's all sorts of cool shit this time that'll get me playing again. I'll be able to build and furnish some really nice houses :]

Also, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to announce that we are probably going to allow flying soon! However, it will only be in Main World and Flat World. You'll still have to hoof it in the Nether, End, and Adventure World. Our reasoning is that the Main World is pretty much fully explored and secured now, and used exclusively for building, so we'd like to make it easier for people that aren't me and Strafe to go for some mega-constructions without relying on dangerous scaffolding. I should note that this will only be implemented if we can make sure you won't be able to fly in other worlds.

« Reply #522 on: October 30, 2012, 10:56:44 PM »
Also, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to announce that we are probably going to allow flying soon!
i love you

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #523 on: October 30, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »
Also, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to announce that we are probably going to allow flying soon!
[attach=1]

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #524 on: October 30, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »
Interesting idea, I'll say.

I would still update the server and plugins to the most recent stable versions anyway, even if 1.4.2's around and about. Who knows when a stable Bukkit for that version arrives?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:13:03 PM by Max⁇ Hyperkinetic Lagomorph »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
« Reply #525 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »
So I'm almost done with my museum in skycity, but I'm looking for some advice on how to light the top floor (seen below).

I wanted to light it in a similar fashion that I did with the first two floors (seen below)

and I would prefer not to hang glowstone directly from the glass dome or have any lights coming up from the floor, but I might do that if I can't find another way to do it. The only thing I absolutely won't do is use torches to light it. 

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #526 on: October 30, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »
Ooh, flying as canon

grab all the glowstone
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:53:50 PM by HakureiSM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #527 on: October 31, 2012, 06:47:55 PM »

*Looks at tree that reaches into the clouds*
*Looks at the ground*
*Looks at high floating island*
*Looks back at the ground*
*Looks at 16x16x16 cube in the sky*
*Looks back at the ground again*
:toot:

(I hope they'll hurry up with that stable release, I'm starving for a new (and hopefully really weird) adventure world.)
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

« Reply #528 on: November 01, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »
Well, damn. I was hoping of having more concrete results from my SCIENCE before I told 'em about this little idea. I'd hate to have to deny them this after they GET HYPE. So far, so good though. The remainder of my experiments will need to be conducted after the update.  ;)

On that note, I've been watching for progress from the Bukkit bros quite feverishly so that we can get the 1.4 update underway. As of yesterday, they've released a Beta build, which looks nice. Not quite at the point where I'm comfortable updating the server, but it seems that we're getting close. Perhaps this Beta will help some of our other plugin manufacturers get their work done. As always, we'll let you know once it is time. I don't believe that we have much time left now. (Strafe? optimism? Weird, isn't it? :V)

While we wait, I figured that I'd share my concern about the Wither. New boss with a rare (and useful) loot? Cool. You can summon by "building" the boss like a golem? Cool. Boss blows up a sizeable chunk of land after being summoned AND fires bullets that destroy terrain? NOT GOOD.  Yeah, you can see where I'm going with this. I really am not comfortable with the Wither existing in our main world, or even Flatworld for very obvious reasons. After the update, I will be looking into blocking the Wither from being summoned in those two worlds. The Nether, The End, and Adventure World are all fair game though. More on this once I see how things go.

This is another reason that I'm not conducting the update with these new Bukkit builds quite yet. I've got my eye on the progress of a couple of our key plugins as well. They're rather important, in my estimation..

Athrel

« Reply #529 on: November 02, 2012, 12:00:42 AM »
If there's any block type that it can't destroy, perhaps there could be an dedicated arena made entirely out of that block in the main world to battle with it. That might be an alternative to having to fight it in unstable terrain near lava, surrounded by endermen, or on hard mode in order to get nether stars.

« Reply #530 on: November 02, 2012, 12:26:21 AM »
The fact that you can make the wither boss spawn anywhere makes him completely exploitable.

http://youtu.be/-1s2VL8u8y8

« Reply #531 on: November 02, 2012, 12:37:53 AM »
If there is no way to prevent us from summoning the Wither in the main world, then we would have to build a suitable Battle Arena far from any settlement, yes. However, since the Wither can fly (in fact, it flies higher each time it receives damage and eventually comes back down) the arena would have to be enclosed. I'm fairly certain that its blasts do not harm obsidian, so there's the prime building material right there.

But here's the catch that makes me a bit restless.. The possibility that someone, just for the lulz, would summon the Wither outside the Arena. Or that people would summon it in an open field and then lose control of the flying bugger. It's the same reason that I don't summon Ghasts or the Dragon in the main world. It's too easy to lose control of something that destructive. I seek to limit that to protect our homes and structures. If that means fighting this difficult boss in more difficult conditions, then so be it.

Which reminds me. I will be reinforcing the Nether Portal at Spawn since mobs will be able to traverse those worlds now.

Athrel

« Reply #532 on: November 02, 2012, 12:54:30 AM »
I suppose an arena could be made in the Nether as well, now that I think about it, so there's no real problem to it not being able to be summoned in the main world.

« Reply #533 on: November 02, 2012, 01:10:32 AM »
Eh. My ideal battling area would be the End (post-dragon). It's an open area separate from the other worlds with no need to safeguard the terrain. Just slap a pumpkin on your head to protect yourself from the Enderman's gaze.

Athrel

« Reply #534 on: November 02, 2012, 01:26:13 AM »
It probably would be, but I just like the extra defense from having an actual helmet. I'm not sure how much that would actually matter in the long run though.

« Reply #535 on: November 02, 2012, 01:42:16 AM »
True, the "Wither" status effect is nothing to scoff at.

Even with a full suit of diamond armor, a group of Endermen or Pig Zombies will still tear through your defenses. (and that's without the Wither blasting you :V) Out of the two locales, I choose the End because Endermen don't swarm if provoked, and a set of diamond armor minus the helmet (replaced by pumpkin) is still stronger than a full set of iron armor. You'll still have the occasional Enderman attack you, but it would likely be from an errant shot from your bow, etc.

That, and I really don't want Ghasts crashing my Wither fight. Just fighting one flying bastard is hard enough at times. :V

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #536 on: November 02, 2012, 01:45:33 AM »
Make the end larger and at one point of it thete should be a 20x20x20 enclosure made out of bedrock?

e: dammit my phone wont let me english

« Reply #537 on: November 02, 2012, 01:50:13 AM »
Even if we could expand The End, I think that Endermen would still be able to spawn in a bedrock container. Just because it is a separate realm.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #538 on: November 02, 2012, 01:51:07 AM »
Maybe adventure world is best then

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #539 on: November 02, 2012, 02:24:26 AM »
That's my plan yes, Adventure World will be your Wither fighting destination. Although if you are a bad enough dude to do it in the Nether/End than by all means go for it :V

Actually it'll probably be a strategic choice since Adventure World offers safer terrain, but is also in Hard Mode.