Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220970 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #660 on: December 25, 2017, 10:11:38 AM »
>How long could we even hold her?

>You are not a wrestler, and frankly have no idea. This is kind of a first for you, really.
>That said, you don't think she is having any success in getting free at the moment, unless she comes up with something sneaky.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #661 on: January 05, 2018, 01:59:09 AM »
alright i'll be straight with you purvis, i don't really understand what we're supposed to do here. we have no ranged attacks, pinning her has provided no openings, the only conclusion i can draw is that Lily simply cannot kill Eileen and our only hope is that NFMK can circumvent Explorer.

the only thing I can think of to do is for Lily to get up and hide until that comes to pass, but from a narrative perspective that's a stupid way to settle the fight.

help?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #662 on: January 05, 2018, 02:14:19 AM »
Allow me to catch up with this and join.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #663 on: January 06, 2018, 03:37:34 AM »
I've pondered this for a bit, and I'm trying to think of ways to give good hints without giving the whole game away.

Firstly, you're not on a doomed timeline. You would know if you were, because I would have doomed you already.

Next, let's consider the situation right now. You've tackled and latched into Eileen. While you have her overpowered for the moment, she's not subdued and is still trying to get away. You'll have to find a way to pin her without using your hands if you want to go ahead with the plans above.

With regards to other methods, the best I can say is to remember that you do have Archer, and there is a particular thing said about the roles of Master and Servant. It is easy to overlook that, though, because lord knows a lot of masters are also bad at it in the official stuff.

Also, it's not necessarily required to stove an opponent's head in to win.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:31:46 AM by Purvis Black »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #664 on: January 26, 2018, 04:10:17 AM »
alright fuck it i want this story to continue so let's just see what happens

> Continue attempting to wrestle her into submission.
> "Give it up, you old hag! You underestimated me!"
> @Archer: "I'm trying to pin her down, are you still okay?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #665 on: January 26, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »
> Continue attempting to wrestle her into submission.
> "Give it up, you old hag! You underestimated me!"
> @Archer: "I'm trying to pin her down, are you still okay?"

>You hold her in place, despite her struggling, and secure your hold a little more strongly. You think you should be able to move your legs within reason without yielding too much control, as long as you don't shift your weight off of her.
>Eileen thrashes ineffectively in your grasp. "Let me go, mal?kas!" she gasps,
>A SHORT WAYS AWAY
>Archer slips into her noble phantasm, as easily as stepping through a doorway. The lush foliage of the park provides nearly perfect cover, even with the lacking underbrush, so much better than that barely green neighborhood from the other night. Explorer gains a couple more yards during this time, but that is hardly a problem now. She gives chase, ignoring the throbbing in her wounded leg. Up ahead she sees a ridge, and Explorer dashing straight for it. She smiles, predicting that he'll take to the air, turn and fire on her as he has in the past, trusting his footing as he lands.
>He dashes, and takes to the air. Archer smiles, preparing a shot. Just before he lands, where he is forced to either take the shot, or adjust at the last second and fall. Drawing her arrow back until it touches her ear, she waits for the perfect time. Then her eyes widen. In that split second, her eyes meet with Explorer's. There is no coincidence, she can read it in her heart as his gun trains on her. Explorer can see her.
>She dives to the side as the shot rings out, pain blossoms in her shoulder as the bullet tears past. Familiar with this sort of thing, she knows she is lucky and has only received a flesh wound. But the past events are more distressing, how did he see-wait...of course he would see! Explorer is not hundred by the terrain, how could she expect it to conceal her?
>Lily's question comes as she gets back to her feet, desperately scrabbling after her opponent to gain lost ground. "He saw through my Noble Phantasm!" she sends back. "He's still coming!"

>_
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:32:41 AM by Purvis Black »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #666 on: January 27, 2018, 11:17:22 PM »
> @Archer: "Figures...I don't know, just try to keep him busy for a little longer!"
> Do we know if a formal surrender is worth anything in this situation? No, of course we don't. But it's pretty much our only option left.
> Try to wrestle her into a submission hold, or some kind of painful position, whatever. "Give up!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #667 on: January 28, 2018, 04:35:30 AM »
> @Archer: "Figures...I don't know, just try to keep him busy for a little longer!"
> Do we know if a formal surrender is worth anything in this situation? No, of course we don't. But it's pretty much our only option left.
> Try to wrestle her into a submission hold, or some kind of painful position, whatever. "Give up!"

>"I'll do my best," Archer says.
>You manage to get your hands around her arms, and clasp them behind her head. She squawks as you apply some pressure, rather than answering.
>A SHORTER WAYS AWAY
>It's time to improvise, Archer decides as she scrambles after Explorer. He's far too good to just shoot in the back, that much is clear. He isn't going to helpfully trip over a rock. Terrain simply wasn't going to be an issue for him, at least not as it stands. But even then, sudden changes might be a problem...
>Should Archer:
>>Devote everything to speed and try to catch up to him.
>>Fire wildly at Explorer?
>>Attempt to fire at something else in hopes of creating indirect hindrances?

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #668 on: January 28, 2018, 04:52:56 AM »
>>Attempt to fire at something else in hopes of creating indirect hindrances.

Actually, since we know Explorer couldn't cheat his way through Eileen's murdercloud, maybe now's the time to give that Yew Bow alt-fire tree poisoning trick a try? Not like the poison's doing us any good otherwise, and he may not bother intercepting a shot that's not going to hit him.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #669 on: January 28, 2018, 04:37:17 PM »
>>Attempt to fire at something else in hopes of creating indirect hindrances.

>Eileen struggles, but it doesn't feel like she'll be getting free anytime soon, pinned by your move and your weight as she is. She is definitely uncomfortable, if the squawks she is giving tells you anything.
>AN EVER INCREASINGLY SHORTER WAYS AWAY
>Archer scans for opportunities, doing her best not to let Explorer open up any more distance between the two of them. The treetops draw her eye naturally, scanning them for loose or sick branches. There! Her arm arches a little as she raises her bow,. her hip throbs, but she sets these things aide for now and takes aim. Not too soon, or he'll see it coming, not too late or it will just miss him entirely. Using her footfalls as a guide, she counts down, then looses. The arrows soars just over Explorer's head; he glances upward, his head tilting just a little bit upwards. By then is too late, as a dead branch tumbles down toward him. He leaps to the side, the branch missing him entirely. But in doing so, even with his graceful landing, it cost him some of his momentum, some of his velocity. Archer grins fiercely as she closes the gap on him.
>Should Archer:
>>Attempt to attack explorer?
>>Focus on closing more distance?
>>Maintain her current distance?

>_
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:33:35 AM by Purvis Black »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #670 on: January 28, 2018, 07:47:07 PM »
> Put whatever muscle we have into it and put the hurt on! "GIVE UP! Command Explorer to stop!"

>> Focus on closing more distance. Archer does a much better job of hassling him at close range.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #671 on: January 28, 2018, 08:36:40 PM »
> Put whatever muscle we have into it and put the hurt on! "GIVE UP! Command Explorer to stop!"

>> Focus on closing more distance. Archer does a much better job of hassling him at close range.

>"Never!" the older woman squeals, her voice nearly breaking as she tries ineffectively to squirm out from your grasp. "Ah! Aaaaah! Okay!"
>NOT FAR AWAY AT ALL
>Explore regains his footing and resumes his dash with surprising grace. Then he suddenly turns, stopping with surprising grace and leading in with a strike from his knife. Archer is too agile to collide with the man, but the unexpected stop, combined with having her bow ready, leaves her at a sudden and desperate defensive, twisting away from the attack and desperately backing away from a followthrough cut!
>"He's stopped!" She sends to Lily, scrabbling to switch weapons.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #672 on: January 28, 2018, 11:55:13 PM »
> Take the pressure off, but keep her pinned. "Where's your command seals?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #673 on: January 29, 2018, 12:19:33 AM »
> Take the pressure off, but keep her pinned. "Where's your command seals?"

>"Shoulder blade!" she squeaks, fighting to catch her breath.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #674 on: January 29, 2018, 12:34:04 AM »
> "Alright. You're going to use a command seal to order Explorer never to attack me or Archer again unless one of us attacks one of you first. And if I see you didn't use one, I swear I'll break your damn neck!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #675 on: January 29, 2018, 01:01:14 AM »
> "Alright. You're going to use a command seal to order Explorer never to attack me or Archer again unless one of us attacks one of you first. And if I see you didn't use one, I swear I'll break your damn neck!"

>"Fine..." Eileen grumbles.

>_
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:33:13 AM by Purvis Black »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #676 on: January 29, 2018, 01:31:01 AM »
(did you forget her name was eileen?)

> @Archer: "Just a moment."
> Check her command seal. Rip the dress if we have to.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #677 on: January 29, 2018, 03:30:56 AM »
> @Archer: "Just a moment."
> Check her command seal. Rip the dress if we have to.

(Yes. Because I never changed her name from an older one in my notes. Imma edit that.)

>You get an affirmative grunt from Archer. It feels like she's occupied.
>You will have to release your hold on her to do that, unless you have some creative ideas in mind.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #678 on: January 29, 2018, 04:16:13 AM »
> @Archer: "Watch him closely."
> Do it. It shouldn't be hard to regain control from this position if she tries something.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #679 on: January 29, 2018, 04:40:27 AM »
> @Archer: "Watch him closely."
> Do it. It shouldn't be hard to regain control from this position if she tries something.

>God, you weigh a ton," Eileen gripes as you pull down her neckline a bit to at least kind of glimpse her back. The command seal is there, a thing of loops and curves; you can only partially see it, but it seems that part of it is missing?
>Then suddenly heaves herself forward, trying to pitch you off!

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #680 on: January 29, 2018, 04:50:36 AM »
> Get to our feet first. Watch and have a Wall ready in case she decides to chuck another vial at us.
> @Archer: "Okay, Explorer shouldn't be able to attack you unless you attack him first. Come my way, but keep an eye on him just in case she faked using a Command Seal somehow."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #681 on: January 29, 2018, 04:58:39 AM »
> Get to our feet first. Watch and have a Wall ready in case she decides to chuck another vial at us.
> @Archer: "Okay, Explorer shouldn't be able to attack you unless you attack him first. Come my way, but keep an eye on him just in case she faked using a Command Seal somehow."

>"He still is!" Archer sends back as you get to your feet before Eileen can.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #682 on: January 29, 2018, 05:11:07 AM »
God damn it!

> Hurl ourselves onto Eileen like it's a steel cage match.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #683 on: January 29, 2018, 02:31:30 PM »
> Hurl ourselves onto Eileen like it's a steel cage match.

>You do your best to hurl yourself onto her!
>What actually happens is that you kind of awkwardly collide with her torso and send both of you sprawling to the ground.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #684 on: January 29, 2018, 03:40:14 PM »
> Clamber over and hope she's sore enough to be subdued again.
> @Archer: "Is he still coming??"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #685 on: January 29, 2018, 04:51:17 PM »
> Clamber over and hope she's sore enough to be subdued again.
> @Archer: "Is he still coming??"

>"I'm keeping him busy!" Archer sends back.
>You clamber over her, and your cheek blossoms in pain and you think your teeth rattle a bit as her fist connects with your face!

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #686 on: January 29, 2018, 05:15:21 PM »
Ow.

> Keep trying, if we can still see straight. Deck her back if we get an opening.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #687 on: January 29, 2018, 05:48:04 PM »
> Keep trying, if we can still see straight. Deck her back if we get an opening.

>You can kind of see alright, and find an opening to sock her right back back on the nose...oh man that is rough on your hand! She certainly makes a pained cry in response, though!

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #688 on: January 29, 2018, 06:01:11 PM »
> Use the opportunity to get her pinned again.
> "You want to do this all day!?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #689 on: January 29, 2018, 06:18:04 PM »
> Use the opportunity to get her pinned again.
> "You want to do this all day!?"

>You manage to grab one of her arms.
>"Explorer! Get this brute off me!" she cries.
>You have just enough time to process what she said before something dull and heavy crashes into your side, sending you sprawling toward the ground. A moment later you hear a man's voice say, "Don't move. If I sense anything mystical, I will shoot without hesitation."
>"Lily! He's vanished!" you hear archer cry into your thoughts as you try to piece together your disheveled thoughts and get over the ache in your side.

>_