Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220700 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #570 on: November 12, 2017, 08:00:56 AM »
> Can we throw a Wall at the base of a tree and have it spring up in such a way that it rips out the roots and topples it??

.>You've never tried. In theory, it's sound given what happened with Rider's Model T.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #571 on: November 12, 2017, 03:20:36 PM »
Well shit, time for some science then!

> @Archer: "Okay, I'm going to try to use a Wall to knock over a tree at them! It might give you an opening! I'll throw it at the count of three!"
> Target the large tree we used to hide from Eileen. Try to knock it over just a bit off center, in such a way that it favors them moving towards Archer.
> @Archer: "One...two...three!"
> Do it!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #572 on: November 12, 2017, 07:53:41 PM »
> @Archer: "Okay, I'm going to try to use a Wall to knock over a tree at them! It might give you an opening! I'll throw it at the count of three!"
> Target the large tree we used to hide from Eileen. Try to knock it over just a bit off center, in such a way that it favors them moving towards Archer.
> @Archer: "One...two...three!"
> Do it!

>The current tree, or the prior one?

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #573 on: November 12, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
> Prior.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #574 on: November 12, 2017, 11:40:22 PM »
> Prior.

>"I'll be ready for it," says Archer.
>You lean out and toss the prepared stone. Red fog obscures your view of the scene; in fact you have a hard time seeing the tree you are aiming for. But you can see it well enough to aim, and you can feel the spell take hold as you cast it. The wall springs up, accompanied by a loud wooden groan, and some cracking as the tree suddenly lurches, then begins to fall.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #575 on: November 13, 2017, 12:35:23 AM »
> Hide again and cross our fingers.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #576 on: November 13, 2017, 01:10:49 AM »
> Hide again and cross our fingers.

>You hear the tree slam to the ground, at least one cry from Eileen, and another gunshot.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #577 on: November 13, 2017, 02:19:23 AM »
> Brace ourselves for a DBZ moment in which the dust cloud clears and the villain is left standing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #578 on: November 13, 2017, 03:11:35 AM »
> Brace ourselves for a DBZ moment in which the dust cloud clears and the villain is left standing.

>You brace yourself.
>"Eileen's running off!" Archer sends. "I'm not sure where she's going!"There is another gunshot.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #579 on: November 13, 2017, 03:41:49 AM »
> @Archer: "Okay, uhh...she won't get far without the ATV, I think you should focus on beating the servant now! What do you think your chances are?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #580 on: November 13, 2017, 04:11:33 AM »
> @Archer: "Okay, uhh...she won't get far without the ATV, I think you should focus on beating the servant now! What do you think your chances are?"

>"Hard to say," Archer sends, "I haven't seen his noble phantasm, and only one of those spells. And I can't really use mine right now, not while he's keeping this much pressure on me!"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #581 on: November 13, 2017, 05:05:26 AM »
> "If we ran now, we could probably get away. But even if we do, because of her stupid hawk drones, Eileen will always know where we are."
> "What do you need to activate your Noble Phantasm, exactly?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #582 on: November 13, 2017, 05:40:17 AM »
> "If we ran now, we could probably get away. But even if we do, because of her stupid hawk drones, Eileen will always know where we are."
> "What do you need to activate your Noble Phantasm, exactly?"

>"I'm not nearly that hurt," says Archer. "Just a bit bloody, What I need is space and a moment."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #583 on: November 13, 2017, 06:07:00 AM »
> "It would really help if I could identify this guy..."
> "Can you get him to talk some more?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #584 on: November 13, 2017, 09:32:49 AM »
> "It would really help if I could identify this guy..."
> "Can you get him to talk some more?"

>Another gunshot.
>"Maybe, but I think we'll have to trick him to get information out of him by this point. What should I be trying to get out of him?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #585 on: November 15, 2017, 04:49:59 AM »
> "Wait..."
> "Wait, I think I've got it!!"
> Could Explorer be Edgar Mitchell, former astronaut and conspiracy theorist!?

It all lines up!
- Obviously, an astronaut qualifies as an explorer.
- Navy background lines up with his combat style.
- Constantly on edge and claims to have "seen things", qualities of a conspiracy theorist.
- Claims there are "things we're not ready to handle", referring to his belief in UFOs and alien visitors.
- Exhibits "magic" despite almost nonexistent mana - could be psychic powers or some other kind of phenomena, which he also believed in...
- Wrote a book called The Way of the Explorer!!

[23:56:22] <ItsPurvis> *...Holy shit that matches every criteria perfectly.*
[23:56:38] <Stuffman> IT'S WRONG!?!?!?!
[23:57:08] <ItsPurvis> *Yes. And it's absolutely a correct guess for every possible hint I could give.*
[23:57:17] <Stuffman> GOD DAMNIT

> "You could try calling him a coward now!"
> "No, wait, he might get angry and hulk out on us."
> "Try something like, 'What are you so afraid of?' He might get confused or annoyed or something..."
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:13:58 AM by Stuffman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #586 on: November 15, 2017, 05:22:09 AM »
> "You could try calling him a coward now!"
> "No, wait, he might get angry and hulk out on us."
> "Try something like, 'What are you so afraid of?' He might get confused or annoyed or something..."

No seriously I am mad at how right that is.

>"Got it," Archer sends. "What'll you be doing?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #587 on: November 15, 2017, 05:26:54 AM »
> "Uh...thinking...he has a general idea of where I am, so we'll need to make a move when that fog clears..."
> "You might want to start strafing towards where I am?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #588 on: November 15, 2017, 05:45:33 AM »
> "Uh...thinking...he has a general idea of where I am, so we'll need to make a move when that fog clears..."
> "You might want to start strafing towards where I am?"

>"Right," Archer sends.
>JUST A SOME YARDS AWAY
>Archer hip aches fiercely and bleeds freely, frankly she would prefer not to be standing at all. But it's the only option at the moment. The cloud to her right separates her from her master. That wasn't good, but there was little for it, now. Explorer has pt himself between Archer and where she had seen his master escape. Was he guarding her retreat, or trying to mislead Archer; she suspects about an equal chance of either. She wasn't sure when he was able to reload, probably while fleeing from their original battlefield, but that wasn't important now. She kept an arrow nocked, moving, waiting for him to fire. He couldn't shoot her arrows from the air after he already fired, after all. He knows this, it is simply a question of finding the right time, for both of them...
>"You've gotten wary," she says. "Something's bothering you, isn't it?"
>"Who wouldn't be?" he says. "That's how war is."
>Archer carefully keeps a neutral expression; what kind of servant would ever admit to being afraid? What a strange person...
>Given her orders, should Archer:
>>Try to taunt him?
>>Try to be frank?
>>Press the attack?

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #589 on: November 15, 2017, 06:21:11 AM »
>> Try to be frank. At this particular point taunting would probably just cause him to be dismissive.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #590 on: November 15, 2017, 07:01:43 AM »
>> Try to be frank. At this particular point taunting would probably just cause him to be dismissive.

>JUST SOME YARDS AWAY.
>"Y'know," says Archer, "I never expected any servant to say anything like that, especially to a foe in battle." She continues to move and weave, keeping an eye out for the first signs of that trigger being pulled, or another one of those spells.
>"Maybe not," Explorer says, "But I don't see the use of putting on airs about it. War is hell, no matter how noble you make it. Good men and women die on both sides. Fear is natural, a brave person isn't going to be any braver by pretending otherwise."
>"Probably so," says Archer. "But that's not the kind of thing you'd expect a hero to say."
>"Never said I was one, other people thought different," Explore says, as he fires off another round. Archer moves and releases her arrow. Explorer moves as well,but Archer's arrow nicks him on the arm.
>BACK TO YOU
>"He's telling me he's no hero," Archer sends. "And he's pretty open about how the fight's affecting his nerves. Not the kind of thing I'd ever expect a Servant to say..."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #591 on: November 16, 2017, 03:39:01 AM »
> Considering the era, a famous explorer would have to be an astronaut.
> But every astronaut of the time was an average-looking white guy with a military background! That doesn't narrow it down!
> However, only one of them was known for his humility...
> Could Explorer be the first man to walk on the moon, Neil Armstrong!?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #592 on: November 16, 2017, 03:49:29 AM »
> Considering the era, a famous explorer would have to be an astronaut.
> But every astronaut of the time was an average-looking white guy with a military background! That doesn't narrow it down!
> However, only one of them was known for his humility...
> Could Explorer be the first man to walk on the moon, Neil Armstrong!?

>You ponder a bit further, and it...feels right, given everything else you've seen.
>Information Update: Explorer

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #593 on: November 16, 2017, 03:55:27 AM »
> DUMP THAT SWEET SWEET INFO

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #594 on: November 16, 2017, 04:09:45 AM »
> DUMP THAT SWEET SWEET INFO

>Explorer: Neil Armstrong
>Master: Eileen ??
>Strength: B
>Mana: D
>Endurance: A+
>Luck: B
>Agility: B
>N. Phantasm: Ex
>Class Skills
>>Unbounded
>>Terrain Adaptaion
>Personal Skills
>>Point Intercepts
>>Code Casting
>Noble Phantasm
>>One Small Step
>Looking at this, something feels terribly off. Not in that the information is inaccurate, but that that it's...wrong. It makes you feel uncomfortable to have this knowledge in your head, it is like believing something contradictory to the truth.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #595 on: November 16, 2017, 04:32:04 AM »
> Lose our shit. "Oh my god Archer it's NEIL ARMSTRONG, he's not even famous for being a soldier, he was the first guy to walk on the moon, he died like five years ago, I can't believe we have to kill NEIL ARMSTRONG, this is so fucked up"
> Details on all skills and Noble Phantasm! (I have an idea what the class skills do, but let's see the legal wording.)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #596 on: November 16, 2017, 05:06:19 AM »
> Lose our shit. "Oh my god Archer it's NEIL ARMSTRONG, he's not even famous for being a soldier, he was the first guy to walk on the moon, he died like five years ago, I can't believe we have to kill NEIL ARMSTRONG, this is so fucked up"
> Details on all skills and Noble Phantasm! (I have an idea what the class skills do, but let's see the legal wording.)

>"Just keep it together, and give me the details!" Archer sends.
>Unbounded: This class represents the freedom of the human spirit to push the very boundaries of the human world and human cognition. As such, they need no respect mystical or conceptual barriers of any kind, nor can their freedom to roam be affected by mystical means.
>Terrain Adaption: The Explorer class may adapt to any terrain as well as as the human form physically allows and proceed unhindered as reasonably possible.
>Point Intercepts: Neil Armstrong's extensive familiarity with calculating rocket and lander trajectories has left him with an innate sense of where moving objects will go and the vector needed to intercept them, given time to visually process the information and react to it.
>Code Casting: This form of magic is not understood. Its interaction with better-defined magical schema may not be reliable.
>One Small Step: This noble phantasm exists as an aspect of Neil Armstrong's own experiences, rather than any carried item. By calling upon it, he lessens the gravity of the world around him to one fifth it normal strength. Wind Resistance becomes abnormally weak, and the air no longer carries sound effectively. As an Explorer Class and an Astronaut, Neil can adapt to these changes handily.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #597 on: November 16, 2017, 05:32:53 AM »
> "Aaaaaah okay okay..."
> "You're right, he has some weird kind of magic I've never seen before...I can't tell you anything except that he's got it."
> "It's impossible to hinder his movement. Like, completely. Even the terrain doesn't matter, he can move right through it."
> "Like we've seen, he can intercept anything, but he has to see it coming."
> "His Noble Phantasm makes the area around him like the moon, meaning there's almost no gravity or sound. Of course, it wouldn't affect him because of his abilities. Getting close to him was probably dangerous!"
> "What he doesn't have is magic resistance of any kind, except against things that would hold him down. So I know what to do now."
> "Archer, we'll need to time this carefully. I need you to run him out of ammo just as the gas clears - that way I can reveal myself without getting shot. I'll cast Blind on him, and it should work for at least a moment. That'll give you a chance to shoot him without him being able to intercept it, no matter how fast he reloads."

p.s. does this mean eileen is fucking eileen collins

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #598 on: November 16, 2017, 05:40:59 AM »
> "Aaaaaah okay okay..."
> "You're right, he has some weird kind of magic I've never seen before...I can't tell you anything except that he's got it."
> "It's impossible to hinder his movement. Like, completely. Even the terrain doesn't matter, he can move right through it."
> "Like we've seen, he can intercept anything, but he has to see it coming."
> "His Noble Phantasm makes the area around him like the moon, meaning there's almost no gravity or sound. Of course, it wouldn't affect him because of his abilities. Getting close to him was probably dangerous!"
> "What he doesn't have is magic resistance of any kind, except against things that would hold him down. So I know what to do now."
> "Archer, we'll need to time this carefully. I need you to run him out of ammo just as the gas clears - that way I can reveal myself without getting shot. I'll cast Blind on him, and it should work for at least a moment. That'll give you a chance to shoot him without him being able to intercept it, no matter how fast he reloads."

>You hear a few more gunshots and some shouts as you relay that information, more of exertion than any real pain.
>"Doable," says Archer. "What do you want me to do once he's blinded?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #599 on: November 16, 2017, 05:50:01 AM »
> "W-well...like he said, it's a war."
> "Right between the eyes, if you can. Don't make him suffer."