Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220908 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2017, 03:41:07 AM »
> Pretend to be useful. Pick up the cooler and any garbage left around.
> Check the news if we have a moment?

>You pretend to be useful, but ultimately you end up checking the news.
>It seems that protests and counter-protests were held across the country yesterday; many of them ending in with police crackdowns. There is talk among pundits about putting Calumet City under martial law, as some of the more visit demonstrations were there. It seems the president has seized on Charles' assassination as a new tactic to deflect from other issues; when asked about health care his response was "We have some kinda terrorists our murdering or finest citizens and you're yammering on about that?! What's what wrong your brain?" As well, it seems he has, during the course of yesterday, implied that evidence suggested North Korea behind the event, then Iran, then North Korea again. It seems that knowledge of the busted up Model T and the missing officer have become more widespread on national radar, many outlets are openly wondering about a connection between the two. There's been some mention of your 911 call, but no one seems to have speculated much on your identity or suggested that you were connected to the event yet.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2017, 03:50:39 AM »
> We'll chalk it up to that B-rank in luck and hope it stays that way.
> Walk back to the car with Archer when she's finished.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #422 on: October 19, 2017, 04:32:29 AM »
> We'll chalk it up to that B-rank in luck and hope it stays that way.
> Walk back to the car with Archer when she's finished.

>That would be nice...
>With all your things gathered, you return to the car. Luckily, you don't see any citations on it. Now it is just a question of where to go.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #423 on: October 21, 2017, 12:16:14 AM »
I think we can stick with I-80 and then down through Harrisburg and Lancaster as Kilga suggested, taking I-76 will take us near Pittsburgh and Baltimore (fuck you, Baltimore!) where I-80 is more through the forested areas. Also, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge makes me nervous for some reason, so we'll enter Delaware from the north.

> Fumble with google maps for a bit.
> "It might not be the best idea but I'm still thinking of picking a spot to wait for Berserker. Fighting him when we're in the city might get really ugly..."
> "What I want to do is just shoot some arrows into his arms and run away and see what happens. It seems like he can't use his legs, so if the poison works it might be easy to kite him?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #424 on: October 21, 2017, 01:32:37 AM »
> Fumble with google maps for a bit.
> "It might not be the best idea but I'm still thinking of picking a spot to wait for Berserker. Fighting him when we're in the city might get really ugly..."
> "What I want to do is just shoot some arrows into his arms and run away and see what happens. It seems like he can't use his legs, so if the poison works it might be easy to kite him?"

>"Okay, how are you planning to lure him in?" says Archer, as she reclines in her seat.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #425 on: October 21, 2017, 03:26:44 AM »
> "Uh...well, I'm just kind of counting on the fact that he seems to know how to find us and shows up once a day...if we just wait somewhere he'll show up eventually, right? But it could end up wasting a lot of time..."
> "Ugh, now I'm not sure again."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #426 on: October 21, 2017, 03:32:07 AM »
> "Uh...well, I'm just kind of counting on the fact that he seems to know how to find us and shows up once a day...if we just wait somewhere he'll show up eventually, right? But it could end up wasting a lot of time..."
> "Ugh, now I'm not sure again."

>"I think, if he could just show up whenever, his master would probably deploy him when he has good reason to think we're powerless," says Archer. "There's some pattern to it, I'm sure. Otherwise there'd be a lot more dead masters, don't you think?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #427 on: October 21, 2017, 06:33:34 AM »
> "I'm guessing Berserker has a way to learn where a master or servant is, and he chases them down at that last known position...or maybe it's actually the master, using some kind of divination? That might make more sense. But how does it work?"
> Think on it for a bit.
> "Come to think of it, I can't be sure he's ever been after us in the first place. The first time we saw him, we know Rider was also in the area, and yesterday he was targetting Lancer. Considering that, there's a good chance he won't show up."
> "Yeah, never mind. It's a bad idea. I'll just focus on getting to Delaware."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #428 on: October 21, 2017, 03:20:50 PM »
> "I'm guessing Berserker has a way to learn where a master or servant is, and he chases them down at that last known position...or maybe it's actually the master, using some kind of divination? That might make more sense. But how does it work?"
> Think on it for a bit.
> "Come to think of it, I can't be sure he's ever been after us in the first place. The first time we saw him, we know Rider was also in the area, and yesterday he was targetting Lancer. Considering that, there's a good chance he won't show up."
> "Yeah, never mind. It's a bad idea. I'll just focus on getting to Delaware."

>"Maybe it's when more than one servant is in the area?" says Archer. "I don't know, that might be part of it, but I think there's more to it."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #429 on: October 21, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »
> "Oh, that'd be a pain...any time we're fighting another servant, there'd be a chance of Berserker dropping in."
> "If that was the case, the best plan would be to meet up with Kimimela again and fight him together. But that means dealing with Lancer again...after we ran away last time...ugh..."
> Dig through the junk food bag for breakfast. Select a rice krispie treat. It's technically cereal.
> "I don't wanna deal with him right now. Maybe next time he's feeling chatty."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #430 on: October 21, 2017, 07:21:09 PM »
> "Oh, that'd be a pain...any time we're fighting another servant, there'd be a chance of Berserker dropping in."
> "If that was the case, the best plan would be to meet up with Kimimela again and fight him together. But that means dealing with Lancer again...after we ran away last time...ugh..."
> Dig through the junk food bag for breakfast. Select a rice krispie treat. It's technically cereal.
> "I don't wanna deal with him right now. Maybe next time he's feeling chatty."

>"Agreed," says Archer. "Maybe we can just get him to put his master on?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #431 on: October 21, 2017, 09:26:21 PM »
> "That sounds like a good idea. Lemme know when he responds to that last message and I'll try to get Kimimela to talk. I'm sure she'll be mad but at least she won't jerk us around..."
> "Want a rice krispie treat?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #432 on: October 21, 2017, 10:04:31 PM »
> "That sounds like a good idea. Lemme know when he responds to that last message and I'll try to get Kimimela to talk. I'm sure she'll be mad but at least she won't jerk us around..."
> "Want a rice krispie treat?"

>Archer nods. "Oh, sure, let's see what they're like." She takes the pro-offered treat and takes a hearty bite from it. "Hm. Not bad, pretty sweet." she says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #433 on: October 21, 2017, 11:26:40 PM »
> "I like the texture of it."
> Say goodbye to the underwhelming campsite and head for the I-80 route as planned.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #434 on: October 22, 2017, 12:16:19 AM »
> "I like the texture of it."
> Say goodbye to the underwhelming campsite and head for the I-80 route as planned.

>"Yeah, it's pretty pleasant, isn't it?" says Archer.
>You make your way toward I-80 and get onto it with no problems. You cruise along at a decent pace, but not too fast as the state highway patrol is definitely out in force. You pass by places with strange and depressing names like Ruggles Beach and Strongsville, as well a Bowling Green (you have a moment of silence for that terrible massacre). YOu may be getting used to this place, and that makes you vaguely sad. Going past the outskirts of Cleveland, you see the intersection of 76 and 80 up ahead, and must make a choice.
>As well, will this be a relaxed trip with plenty of stops, one with few stops, or gas stations only?

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #435 on: October 22, 2017, 01:48:22 AM »
> Confirm I-80.
> We'll make enough stops to avoid getting stiff or uncomfortable - stop for a few minutes every two hours or so to shake out our legs or make a bathroom break. Since we're starting so early, we have plenty of time to reach Delaware by tonight.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:57:51 AM by Stuffman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #436 on: October 22, 2017, 02:22:36 AM »
> Confirm I-80.
> We'll make enough stops to avoid getting stiff or uncomfortable - stop for a few minutes every two hours or so to shake out our legs or make a bathroom break. Since we're starting so early, we have plenty of time to reach Delaware by tonight.

>You decide to continue following I-80. Soon you pass through Youngstown, and then into Pennsylvania. You feel the weight on your soul lift as you pass into a state that seems to have a decent number of trees. It's still kind of depressing, but it doesn't feel quite like learning about a miscarriage from a friend who was so excited to be a mother just the day before.
>Traffic is fairly heavy, and the state highway patrol is pretty thick out here. Conversely, there are few places to stop save for official rest stops, which are so much less sad than the service centre from last night. The land grows mountainous quickly, as you enter the Appalachians. It's honestly quite pretty. and does good for you soul after the cornfields and miasma of the prior two states. You start to see signs for the Great Alleghany State Forest. Then, later, the Moshannon State Forest.
>You stop at a fairly empty rest stop to use the bathroom and stretch your legs a bit. After finishing the former, you emerge to find Archer leaning against the car, staring at the sky. "Hey," she says, and points upward. "See that hawk up there? It's been following us for the past fifteen minutes, and hasn't flapped its wings once."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #437 on: October 22, 2017, 02:28:39 AM »
> "A drone, maybe?"
> Look up at it. Is it just circling us?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #438 on: October 22, 2017, 02:40:09 AM »
> "A drone, maybe?"
> Look up at it. Is it just circling us?

>You look up.  There is definitely a hawk circling overhead. Nothing seems awry with it. You doubt it's a mechanical drone, at least. If it's not flapping its wings, at this point it doesn't seem odd. Rather, like it's just riding the thermals.
>"I could shoot it down," says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #439 on: October 22, 2017, 04:03:52 AM »
> There's a chance it's just a regular hawk, but then why would it be following us? Best to trust Archer on this.
> "Can you do it without anyone seeing you? It's illegal to kill hawks."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #440 on: October 22, 2017, 05:07:24 AM »
> There's a chance it's just a regular hawk, but then why would it be following us? Best to trust Archer on this.
> "Can you do it without anyone seeing you? It's illegal to kill hawks."

>"I can put on my cloak," says Archer. "People might see the hawk go down, but they won't see me shooting it. Especially if I blend into the tree line."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #441 on: October 22, 2017, 05:52:22 AM »
> "Okay. Hmm..."
> "I'll wait in the car and look at my phone. Why don't you pretend to go into the bathroom, sneak out while invisible, shoot it, go back inside and come back? Nothing will look out of place on our end."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #442 on: October 22, 2017, 02:58:22 PM »
> "Okay. Hmm..."
> "I'll wait in the car and look at my phone. Why don't you pretend to go into the bathroom, sneak out while invisible, shoot it, go back inside and come back? Nothing will look out of place on our end."

>"I'll try to bring it down nearby," says Archer. "But don't let your guard down, I don't sense anyone nearby, but if it is some kind of enemy object, then I imagine they could be close by..."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #443 on: October 22, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »
> "Right, okay. Let's do it."
> Hop in the car and start it; idle while Archer takes care of her business.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #444 on: October 22, 2017, 06:43:03 PM »
> "Right, okay. Let's do it."
> Hop in the car and start it; idle while Archer takes care of her business.

>You hop into the car and wait. After a few minutes, Archer sends, "Got it. it fell just a bit to the east of the rest station. It didn't even change shape while it fell, it's definitely not a hawk!"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #445 on: October 22, 2017, 08:12:41 PM »
> "Can you check it out?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #446 on: October 22, 2017, 08:19:23 PM »
> "Can you check it out?"

>"Already on my way," she sends.
>A couple minutes later, she follows up, "Found it. This thing is made of metal. I think it's brass? There's some kind of corrosion over it, probably so it doesn't sparkle in the sun?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #447 on: October 22, 2017, 08:28:52 PM »
> "So it IS a drone. I've never heard of one disguised as a hawk before, though."
> "Er, I know you're not too familiar with modern technology, but does it look like a normal machine, or something weird, like a servant would make?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #448 on: October 22, 2017, 09:54:50 PM »
> "So it IS a drone. I've never heard of one disguised as a hawk before, though."
> "Er, I know you're not too familiar with modern technology, but does it look like a normal machine, or something weird, like a servant would make?"

>"It's probably magic," Archer sends. "It's way more decorative than the stuff I've seen."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #449 on: October 22, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
> "I wonder if Caster's nearby, then...okay, come back. Let's get going before another one shows up."