Author Topic: Aya's Writing Workshop - Bring us your story ideas and outlines!  (Read 248979 times)

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
Re: Aya's Writing Workshop - Bring us your story ideas and outlines!
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2010, 06:58:44 AM »
Noted. But ah... what do you mean by concrete idea for my main characters? Do you mean personality traits and various things they'd likely do in the situation they're in, etc...?
Yes.  Have an idea of what they do, both normally and when pressed.

Also, should I bother telling what my intended pairing for the characters in this fic?
Shouldn't matter.  You'll annoy someone no matter how you pair people up.  :P  Just remember to avoid shipping for it's own sake.

Gilgamesh

• King of Heroes
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2010, 07:51:33 AM »
Which of course, is my main problem at the moment. I kinda need a bit more knowledge on Yuka and Elly's character. Need help in that... please?

Gilgamesh

• King of Heroes
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2010, 03:26:53 AM »
Okay, I think I'm ready to just about start the first chapter of the story. But I think I just have one more question before actually getting to work properly on it. (And the fact I can't exactly reply to messages yet. Heh...)

Is the Garden of the Sun around Yuka's mansion? I know, minor detail... too paranoid. Bleh...

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2010, 03:35:08 AM »
yuka's mansion was only in the dream world of mugenkan

she may or may not have an actual mansion

(iirc)

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2010, 04:52:15 AM »
Mugenkan is an actual location, though, isn't it? It's only LLS Extra that takes place in a dream world, so Yuka's mansion should exist, and, well, it's Yuka. She would want it to be near the Garden of the Sun. Not that I blame her. Flowers~

Spoiler:
King of Heroes, do you have any more questions?

Gilgamesh

• King of Heroes
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2010, 05:08:35 AM »

Spoiler:
King of Heroes, do you have any more questions?

I'll probably always have questions later on anyways. Heh. Though probably not in regards to future pairings like
Spoiler:
Yuka/Gilgamesh
or... actually, wait. That's probably my only OTP at the moment. >_>

Oh yeah, question again.... Is it Yuka or Yuuka for her proper name. I've seen both used too many times...

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2010, 05:11:32 AM »
Both spellings are acceptable. I've seen people use Yuuka more often in settings where Yukari pops up as well, just to differentiate between the two, but everyone will know who you're talking about whichever one you use. Just choose the one you prefer.

Gilgamesh

• King of Heroes
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2010, 05:15:20 AM »
Ah, well that's a relief. Thanks again.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »
I'm working on a Suika backstory for http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,7685.0.html

The title is Autobiographies of Interesting Characters, and I plan to do Suika next.

I'm assuming that density manipulation is strictly the manipulation of her own mass and volume, and has nothing to do with abstract densities such as population density. If we start to get into other objects, it becomes very interesting, but I'm a little scared of how she could manipulate other people's density with that power. However, I've already covered a fairly absolute understanding of control over history and fate, so if Suika can manipulate the density of other things as well it wouldn't be a problem for balance, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

This raises the problem of how she got everyone to party. I can either ignore the parties she's known to cause, or find a physical reason that she was able to get everyone to gather by becoming mist. I'm curious to know if there is a way someone with an infinite amount of sake and the ability to mistify it can make everyone everywhere drunk by breathing, because that would explain the parties. But I'm not sure if that makes sense, and a more rational explanation involving burnt poppy seeds might be needed. Heck, I may even want to go with Reimu having found a gourd of infinite sake lying around, and decided to party with it, but I don't think that would be sufficient. Is there a good, rational explanation for how Suika got the parties going if we assume that her power only consists of changing her own mass and volume, as well as the mass and the volume of her gourd and it's contents?

Alternatively, I could retcon the events of IaMP. I think "Suika's lost gourd" would make a funny story. But that would be a better future story, and this is more explaining how she can use her power.

As an alternative, I can simply breeze over her powers and get straight to her drinking buddies, which will absolutely be included. I have a pretty good idea of who I'm going to include, but I'd like to hear some other ideas since there are a bunch of characters it might not occur to me to use. I know that Yuugi is an obvious choice, and Aya is as well, since Tengu and Oni go pretty far back. Anyone else that would probably go out drinking with Suika?

Thank you.

EDIT: The spoiler tags were a case of minor spoilers, not unnecessary censorship. Rereading my message, it occured to me that the function of the spoiler tags could be misinterpretted easily. They might not be appropriate for this kind of thing anyway, so I'm taking the tags out.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:31:41 AM by capt. h »

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2010, 04:20:17 PM »
Would a musically-timed story be a worthwhile endeavour?
For the type of music, something that... blends in the background while you're reading. This is pretty easy (I think) with ambient type of music, but with a story containing action and stuff... nnnn, probably something not-so-melodic that doesn't out-balance your attention on the reading material?

Seconding Dan-Heron's suggestion of using Flash for this. "Comic", though, that would require drawing and stuff, right? To think, I haven't seen fics w/ music playing that doesn't have a corresponding picture/art for it... That, and, a little like Tengukami, my attention tends to lean to music than what I'm reading :ohdear:...

Here be my bunch of ideas then. I wouldn't call it just "dumping" it here, but...

-------------
[idea]
Cirno then...nnnn, probably someone strongest like Cirno Okuu. Cirno in a pinch. Not accepting near-defeat, Cirno goes on a...uhh, Limit Break/Spirits Blaster/Adrenaline Rush/etc. Ice pillars cover the whole stage from beneath the ground. Strong, freezing winds coming from nowhere (cause by the ice pillars itselves, probably) surround the inside of the stage, amking their battlefield winter cold. Snow gradually starts to form from above. From nowhere, suddenly, Letty appears.
Cirno has summoned Letty Whiterock!

Cirno, unable to move but standing, unconsciously maintains the ice pillars to keep its temperature low for Letty. So instead of Cirno you move Letty! Opponent's movement is slowed down (by 1/2? 1/3?) Letty can do [insert awesome/badass moves here]. Duration of summon is ?? seconds or depending on collected point talismans...?

On the last seconds, Letty can use her trump card/final spell card/special move.

After the special move, Letty elegantly fades with Cirno's ice pillars, with a short "goodbye" fadeout dialogue. Cirno, though unconsciously and perhaps not remembering that she summoned Letty at all, thanks Letty in response.
After that instant, Cirno looks exhausted, one eye closed, but despite not remembering clearly what just happened, she grins in "I Am The Strongest!!" type of satifaction upon the sight of her defeated opponent.
[/idea]

I could say this is inspired by Roukan's "The Power of Faith"
...Err, this went more like some idea in case Letty Whiterock's in a Touhou fighting game, but... eh :3

-------------
Inspired by...uhh, recent typhoons here in the Philippines ^_^;;

What does Gensokyo residents do on a storm/typhoon? (before/during/after)
If not a typhoon, then any natural occurrence -- earthquake, sandstorms, volcanic...oh wait =.=;;

...Do natural disasters happen in Gensokyo, anyway? Well, that's what this idea is about, I guess.
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »
Inspired by...uhh, recent typhoons here in the Philippines ^_^;;

What does Gensokyo residents do on a storm/typhoon? (before/during/after)
If not a typhoon, then any natural occurrence -- earthquake, sandstorms, volcanic...oh wait =.=;;

...Do natural disasters happen in Gensokyo, anyway? Well, that's what this idea is about, I guess.
Only if Tenshi is involved. [/snark]

I would say that it would depend on whether or not the writer wants there to be a natural disaster: since it IS Gensokyo, I would imagine that there's a bit of leeway for suspension of disbelief. Of the (not quite) severe weather/natural disaster that have already happened, there's been blizzards, earthquakes, geyser explosions, and giant robots.

If you think about it, depending on how much you think the Outside World affects Gensokyo, you can run the entire gamut for what sort of environmental hazards could hapen, what with it originally being part of Japan.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2010, 05:26:38 AM »
Only if Tenshi is involved. [/snark]

I would say that it would depend on whether or not the writer wants there to be a natural disaster: since it IS Gensokyo, I would imagine that there's a bit of leeway for suspension of disbelief. Of the (not quite) severe weather/natural disaster that have already happened, there's been blizzards, earthquakes, geyser explosions, and giant robots.

If you think about it, depending on how much you think the Outside World affects Gensokyo, you can run the entire gamut for what sort of environmental hazards could hapen, what with it originally being part of Japan.

Coming up, Aya's editorial on the GaP Oil Spill

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2010, 08:16:31 AM »
Suika and density and stuff

As far as I know, Suika isn't limited to her own mass/density. She can create miniature black holes, which are superdense objects, a couple of her attacks involve gathering debris and such into a shrapnel boulder and throwing it at the opponent, and I'm pretty sure the parties were caused by her using her power to gather everyone together.

When it comes to Touhou powers, you pretty much have to take the power's description at it's fully implied potential, like with Yukari's manipulation of boundaries. Otherwise you have to go through a lot of hoop-jumping to explain certain things.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2010, 07:36:35 PM »
As far as I know, Suika isn't limited to her own mass/density. She can create miniature black holes, which are superdense objects, a couple of her attacks involve gathering debris and such into a shrapnel boulder and throwing it at the opponent, and I'm pretty sure the parties were caused by her using her power to gather everyone together.

When it comes to Touhou powers, you pretty much have to take the power's description at it's fully implied potential, like with Yukari's manipulation of boundaries. Otherwise you have to go through a lot of hoop-jumping to explain certain things.

I wasn't going to take Yukari's manipulation of boundaries to that extreme either. I was worried about the implications of any character that could move the boundary of adverb versus verb enough to accidentally the boundary between reality versus imaginary, and then have her way with the boundary between life and pudding. Though the story is based on taking powers at face value.

Thanks for reminding me that her power is to gather things.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2010, 12:33:52 PM »
Well, I did have two ideas:

Idea 1: The Pure White Lotus
Spoiler:
Obviously about Byakuren. Something about how she lived her life before being sealed, explaining how she got Shinki's attack while she was sealed, explaining Shou's absence, giving Myouren a personality, how Byakuren came to push for equality, et cetera. Writing it right now.

Idea 2: Ultimus Sedicem (based on this song)
Spoiler:
*Sedicem stands for 16, that is, representing 16 games with new characters (including IaMP, SWR, DS and GFW. No manga unless I feel like it.)

Anyway, huge monsters that are literal embodiments of the titles of each game appear all over Gensokyo and attack. They are held off, but then combine into a behemoth representing 13, which, because of one of the bigger theories of TH13 being that it's water-themed/will take place in the ocean, causes a huge flood by gushing water out of its stomach-mouth thing. Gensokyo is utterly destroyed, and everyone barely escapes with Yukari's help.

They jump from dimension to dimension, various characters sacrificing themselves for time, but otherwise in vain. Eventually, they end up in the real world, where everyone gathers around the monster for their last stand. They manage to weaken the monster at long last, but not before it slaughtered everyone but Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya and Sanae. As for how it ends, I dunno, I'm trying to make it so that it isn't one of those "I hear dead people, cry then powerhax" Deus Ex Machinas.

Hah, I suck.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2010, 02:22:05 AM »
I'm working on a fairly short versus story right now about a fight between Flandre and Yukari, spell cards allowed but no rules. But to do it, I need to rigidly define their powers.

It can go two ways.

Either I assume Flandre and Yukari's powers work only on things that actually exist. With Yukari, the reason she can manipulate the border between fantasy and reality or life and death is because they are both extensions of her portal ability to manipulate the boundary between here and there. Gensokyo (fantasy), Hakugyokurou (death), and reality are all physical locations. This ability means she can work on the boundary between objects and fuse things together as well. Flandre can destroy anything that exists, and nothing that doesn't exist. But, for example, neither of them can touch truth and lies, because both are solely products of the mind, and thus the two concepts are imaginary and non-existent. This gives both their powers some strong fundamental bounds I can rely on.

Or, I can give them both powers over conceptual ideas as well. Yukari can manipulate the border between real and imaginary, but Flandre can break reality at it's core (I can use a future setting where Flandre has learned the extent of her powers to make this work, if necessary). This presents a very extreme, absolute version of both their powers which I like, but the logistics make me hesitate. What would a battle between someone with total control over the imaginary versus someone who can break the concept of "imagination" even look like?

If I give Yukari power over concepts and Flandre is stuck with just physical, the battle ends in 3 seconds. Yukari bends the boundary between existence and non-existence, and Flandre goes poof. So I'm either going with the top, or could use some suggestions about how to implement the bottom. Thoughts?

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2010, 02:31:20 AM »
If I give Yukari power over concepts and Flandre is stuck with just physical, the battle ends in 3 seconds. Yukari bends the boundary between existence and non-existence, and Flandre goes poof. So I'm either going with the top, or could use some suggestions about how to implement the bottom. Thoughts?
The way you can avoid having the second become an impossibility is to keep characters from being omnipotent within their power suite.

For example just because Flandre can break anything doesn't mean she knows where the thing she wants to break is.  Or perhaps she just breaks them.  Breaking say a vampire into peices is annoying, but doesn't kill them.  Breaking Jello just gives you an equal amount of jello over a wider area.

Similarly Yukari may have the ability to bend any border at will, but actually doing it in practice requires intense concentration.  Or maybe she's just not yet strong enough to affect some concepts.  And of course like Flandre, she can't alter the boundaries of something that she doesn't know the existance of.

Just as a side note though, even with basic powers you've got a pretty nasty game of rocket tag here.  Yukari hasn't shown any ability to not die when blown apart, and Flandre reacts poorly to things that can be easily portaled in, like say rain or sunlight.  The spellcard rules (or other dueling rules) are one of the nice things that allow youkai at the final boss/phatasm level to talk to each other without being worried that someone might hit a weak point and instagib them.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2010, 05:15:19 AM »
The way you can avoid having the second become an impossibility is to keep characters from being omnipotent within their power suite.

For example just because Flandre can break anything doesn't mean she knows where the thing she wants to break is.  Or perhaps she just breaks them.  Breaking say a vampire into peices is annoying, but doesn't kill them.  Breaking Jello just gives you an equal amount of jello over a wider area.

Similarly Yukari may have the ability to bend any border at will, but actually doing it in practice requires intense concentration.  Or maybe she's just not yet strong enough to affect some concepts.  And of course like Flandre, she can't alter the boundaries of something that she doesn't know the existance of.

Just as a side note though, even with basic powers you've got a pretty nasty game of rocket tag here.  Yukari hasn't shown any ability to not die when blown apart, and Flandre reacts poorly to things that can be easily portaled in, like say rain or sunlight.  The spellcard rules (or other dueling rules) are one of the nice things that allow youkai at the final boss/phatasm level to talk to each other without being worried that someone might hit a weak point and instagib them.

That sounds like an interesting take on attacks on the conceptual. But you have a point about the rocket tag being pretty nasty as it is. I think I'll put some more thought into it before attempting the second, since while there could be logical rules governing attacks based on concepts (like truth), I haven't thought of them yet. Thanks for the tip.

I know and agree with why the spell card rules exist. They make sense in the context, when you try to bring all the powers up and see just how nasty and dangerous the abilities can get. Although they don't make sense when you make a versus story. Spell card battles are boring to read about since it's just two people casting out barages that are pretty in execution but not in text. But the rocket tag these two could have if they let their abilities loose would be incredible; it would have a tremendous amount of danger and the pacing would be great.

Kuroi

• I dodge bans and don't afraid of anything
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »
I thought of working up a fanfic with one of my OCs. My OC was made to be incredibly powerful, and I'd wondered how would Touhou characters react to such powerful force. He has flying cannons chained to his wrists, a ripped body, the ability to not get affected by death in any plane of existence, ability to recycle natural deities' attacks into becoming something useful for him, omnipotent ghost being that serves as his power generator, can transform into a huge mecha out of will, can transform and transform and transform... in short, he can become and badder and um, he holds the all-mighty The Vessel of God, which is basically a mythical human body that was said used to be God's physical form. He ties the body to a chain and uses it in duels he wants to end quick by swinging it around.

Also he holds The 12 Minds of the Multiverse, in which he has imbued enough physical and spiritual power into a small orb that is said, to be more as powerful as 12 alternate universes. He keeps it in a hollow part of his brain. He also have a device called Labyrinth Acceleration in which he can summons his former and future selves and time-synchronize them into his body molecules, thus making him stronger. One more useful gadget he has is his hat, which is actually a transmitter of some sorts. The hat is called Albalthizer's Elite Armageddon,  in which he can recall dead Gods he had killed before and use them in battle as a weapon/vehicle/split into minions of some sorts and other than calling dead Gods, he can call for backup from anywhere in the Multiverse.

And lastly, if he is somehow overpowered in battle, he has the ability to transport both the enemy and him into a neutral limbo where both of them are in equal power, and the only way of them to win is to through the process of forcing the evolution of their five senses with their own will. Usually, this OC has no problem doing so...

Anyways, I'd wondered how would the strongest of Gensokyo fight off such a person...I just need ideas to make it seem interesting (also, to be the first fanfiction in history to defeat a Mary Sue. :derp:)
I'll add something witty and amusing here later.

Azzy

• Can't hear anything but myself
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »
Anyways, I'd wondered how would the strongest of Gensokyo fight off such a person...I just need ideas to make it seem interesting
They wouldn't. They would go weep in a corner if someone like that came along. :ohdear:

You might want to scale down the power just a tiny bit.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2010, 06:00:44 PM »
blah blah blah Mary Sue

well at least you're aware of it

Kuroi

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2010, 06:18:11 PM »
They wouldn't. They would go weep in a corner if someone like that came along. :ohdear:

You might want to scale down the power just a tiny bit.

Okay then, how about if I removed the flying cannons that he chains to his wrists? That fair enough? :derp:

well at least you're aware of it

Yeah I am, I don't usually do overly-powerful Mary Sues, I like to do types people aren't fond of (psychos, serial killers, rapists, people with social/mental problems and the like). Not sure why though, must because there's some self-inserts here and there whenever I usually do them. :X

But anyway, the main question of my whole story should be 'How does a person kill a God?'.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »
Okay then, how about if I removed the flying cannons that he chains to his wrists? That fair enough? :derp:

Yeah I am, I don't usually do overly-powerful Mary Sues, I like to do types people aren't fond of (psychos, serial killers, rapists, people with social/mental problems and the like). Not sure why though, must because there's some self-inserts here and there whenever I usually do them. :X

But anyway, the main question of my whole story should be 'How does a person kill a God?'.

you don't believe in it and then it starves

which is what was happening to suwako and kanako iirc

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2010, 06:44:03 PM »
I thought of working up a fanfic with one of my OCs. My OC was made to be incredibly powerful, and I'd wondered how would Touhou characters react to such powerful force. He has flying cannons chained to his wrists, a ripped body, the ability to not get affected by death in any plane of existence, ability to recycle natural deities' attacks into becoming something useful for him, omnipotent ghost being that serves as his power generator, can transform into a huge mecha out of will, can transform and transform and transform... in short, he can become and badder and um, he holds the all-mighty The Vessel of God, which is basically a mythical human body that was said used to be God's physical form. He ties the body to a chain and uses it in duels he wants to end quick by swinging it around.

Also he holds The 12 Minds of the Multiverse, in which he has imbued enough physical and spiritual power into a small orb that is said, to be more as powerful as 12 alternate universes. He keeps it in a hollow part of his brain. He also have a device called Labyrinth Acceleration in which he can summons his former and future selves and time-synchronize them into his body molecules, thus making him stronger. One more useful gadget he has is his hat, which is actually a transmitter of some sorts. The hat is called Albalthizer's Elite Armageddon,  in which he can recall dead Gods he had killed before and use them in battle as a weapon/vehicle/split into minions of some sorts and other than calling dead Gods, he can call for backup from anywhere in the Multiverse.

And lastly, if he is somehow overpowered in battle, he has the ability to transport both the enemy and him into a neutral limbo where both of them are in equal power, and the only way of them to win is to through the process of forcing the evolution of their five senses with their own will. Usually, this OC has no problem doing so...

Anyways, I'd wondered how would the strongest of Gensokyo fight off such a person...I just need ideas to make it seem interesting (also, to be the first fanfiction in history to defeat a Mary Sue. :derp:)

Actually, I have a list of characters that can all hypothetically stand a chance, but not one can do it under spell card rules.

Keine Kamishirasawa can rewrite the history of his existance.
Remilia Scarlet can manipulate his fate so that he loses.
Yukari Yakumo can manipulate the boundary on any ability of his that has a boundary.
Shikieiki Yamaxanadu can "judge" him, interpret that how you will.
I doubt Yuuka Kazami would have a problem with evolving her senses if the OC is caught in a battle of equals, since she's a force of nature. But Sakuya Izayoi can undoubtedly win the tiebreaker, since she can pause time until her senses are evolved.
Flandre Scarlet can break anything. Not kill, break. If it exists, she can split it into pieces, even if it is immortal.
According to the wiki, Yuuka received the ultimate magic after Mystic Square. I have no idea what that means, but she seems to be able to match forces with reality benders by bashing them in the face. A good embodiment of using the direct approach.
Sanae Kochiya will make sure that a miracle occurs.

Ah, and gods are immortal, but without faith they fade out of existance.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:54:20 PM by capt. h »

Kuroi

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »
you don't believe in it and then it starves

which is what was happening to suwako and kanako iirc

He's not a God per se, only God-like. I guess I have to change the question then. He doesn't depend on any type of worshiping.

Actually, I have a list of characters that can all hypothetically stand a chance, but not one can do it under spell card rules.

Keine Kamishirasawa can rewrite the history of his existance.
Remilia Scarlet can manipulate his fate so that he loses.
Yukari Yakumo can manipulate the boundary on any ability of his that has a boundary.
Shikieiki Yamaxanadu can "judge" him, interpret that how you will.
I doubt Yuuka Kazami would have a problem with evolving her senses if the OC is caught in a battle of equals, since she's a force of nature. But Sakuya Izayoi can undoubtedly win the tiebreaker, since she can pause time until her senses are evolved.
Flandre Scarlet can break anything. Not kill, break. If it exists, she can split it into pieces, even if it is immortal.
According to the wiki, Yuuka received the ultimate magic after Mystic Square. I have no idea what that means, but she seems to be able to match forces with reality benders by bashing them in the face. A good embodiment of using the direct approach.
Sanae Kochiya will make sure that a miracle occurs.

Ah, and gods are immortal, but without faith they fade out of existance.

From your text, I'd say Yuuka would have the most chance against this guy. Keine, Remilia, Yukari and (probably) Shikieiki have a fighting chance too.

Don't think Sakuya would fare well with him though. If they were on a plane with equal powers, that means he has the same powers with Sakuya (to make it equal). So if Sakuya can freeze time, he can too, and that would bring nowhere (unless one of em' 'defrosts' the other's time stop). The only thing not equal in this neutral limbo is thinking and the human will.

Yep, Flandre can break, but he can use the Labyrinth Acceleration to repair himself again.

Sanae, I don't know, she seems far-fetched to kill him, even if she can make a miracle occur.

So, in any case, if I were to make this fic, Yuuka would have to be the main finisher I guess. (Not really my favorite, but superficial logic wins me this time :()

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2010, 07:23:59 PM »

Don't think Sakuya would fare well with him though. If they were on a plane with equal powers, that means he has the same powers with Sakuya (to make it equal). So if Sakuya can freeze time, he can too, and that would bring nowhere (unless one of em' 'defrosts' the other's time stop). The only thing not equal in this neutral limbo is thinking and the human will.

Yep, Flandre can break, but he can use the Labyrinth Acceleration to repair himself again.

On a plane of equal powers, whoever stops time first wins. You can't have two people stop time at the exact same time, because that would imply that there is a unit of time small enough that two events can happen in the same unit of time. Since time of any interval can be split into infinitely smaller units, the probability of any two events happening at the same time is zero.

Though I do think Yuuka would make a better finisher. She's the type of person that would terrify even a god. Her thinking and will are pretty crazy, probably beyond those of a god depending on the interpretation.

And Flandre can break anything. That labyrinth acceleration is a device according to your description. Therefore, Flandre can break it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:33:36 PM by capt. h »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »
I don't get it

what's the point of having a character so ridiculously powerful

where's the fun

what's the interest

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2010, 07:38:59 PM »
I don't get it

what's the point of having a character so ridiculously powerful

where's the fun

what's the interest

That's exactly how I feel about Yukari Yakumo, but she's pretty popular.

I've been wondering which is tougher - full powered Touhou or Mary Sue. Is there a Mary Sue that, when against the strongest powers in touhou, can not be defeated? Is it possible for at least one touhou character to defeat any Mary Sue when no assumption of limitations are in place? Can Mary Sue win without the author placing a handicap on the touhou characters, or can touhou win when the author pulls all the stops out in making the ultimate Sue? At least, that's why I'm interested.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:55:48 PM by capt. h »

Azzy

• Can't hear anything but myself
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2010, 10:45:05 PM »
That's exactly how I feel about Yukari Yakumo, but she's pretty popular.

Spoiler:
I've been wondering which is tougher - full powered Touhou or Mary Sue. Is there a Mary Sue that, when against the strongest powers in touhou, can not be defeated? Is it possible for at least one touhou character to defeat any Mary Sue when no assumption of limitations are in place? Can Mary Sue win without the author placing a handicap on the touhou characters, or can touhou win when the author pulls all the stops out in making the ultimate Sue? At least, that's why I'm interested.
I guess it all depends on what the writer wants...

Though it's an interesting question, hmm... Depending on how you view Yukari's powers she might just be able to finish off anything. If you created the ultimate Sue however... :ohdear:

Kuroi

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2010, 01:28:12 AM »
Anyway, I guess it kinda depends on who is faster and do they really want to use their powers...

I mean, if the whole of Gensokyo was on the offense, they could have just sent Yuuka and Yukari to fight him off, but of course there will consequences. I mean, if the strongest being in the world were to suddenly exist in your time and physical/mental plane, wouldn't you feel a little bit scared? If he actually did exist, I'd probably join sides with him.

So yeah, I was thinking of making a combined effort of the Gensokyo dwellers when they battle at the neutral limbo in the end. The trick is that when you're in a neutral limbo, it's supposed to be 1 VS 1 fight, but when you have all the Gensokyo dwellers transported there, all of their power = one person, so it's kinda an unfair fight.

But I've thought about how Flandre can break things (and assuming that she does not know of the Labyrinth Accelerator), she'd probably just break the guy, but he can still use the device to project his past/future selves into the plane and synchronizing them with the current time plane (to make sure there's no time paradox).

Then I would make the guy turn into a mecha after some very small error he had made (Undecided on this part, but I thought of making him only synchronizing half of his body with his past/future selves), goes batshit insane (Of course, the most powerful being must be a terrible loser :3) and transforms into a giant mecha.

Then he would open up a time rift and take something similar like his Labyrinth Accelerator but only that it can summon his past/future selves at incredible speeds and starts throwing them like danmaku! Then Suika would turn larger and the whole cast starts fending off the OC in their own way...

Well, even if it sounds like a ridiculous idea, it got my brain juices flowing. Been quite a long time since I've felt this way... :]