Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 3)  (Read 49076 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 3)
« Reply #630 on: July 12, 2011, 07:38:45 AM »
>"Yeah. That's about what I was expecting. Still had to ask, as I've seen just enough in this affair to make me wonder if there's some intelligence at work here. Knowing one way or the other would make my job a lot easier, but I suppose I'll have to make do."
>Stand.
>"Still, I suppose there's no reason to rush of to a spider's nest on an empty stomach."
>"Oh, I almost forgot. I think I saw one of the Prismriver sisters in here on my way in. You wouldn't happen to have seen either of her sisters today, have you?"

« Reply #631 on: July 12, 2011, 07:51:03 AM »
>"Yeah. That's about what I was expecting. Still had to ask, as I've seen just enough in this affair to make me wonder if there's some intelligence at work here. Knowing one way or the other would make my job a lot easier, but I suppose I'll have to make do."
>Stand.
>"Still, I suppose there's no reason to rush of to a spider's nest on an empty stomach."

>"Now that's something I feel quite capable of fixing," she says, a smile returning to her face a little. "In fact, consider it on the house today, if you're really going back into that place for us. It's the least I can do for you."

>"Oh, I almost forgot. I think I saw one of the Prismriver sisters in here on my way in. You wouldn't happen to have seen either of her sisters today, have you?"

>"I saw Lunasa at breakfast this morning," she says. "The three of them are staying here at the moment, actually. There's a concert this evening, you know. I gather that quite a few people are looking forward to it. I might even attend myself..." she adds, trailing off.

« Reply #632 on: July 12, 2011, 07:58:36 AM »
I realize that earlier we were reluctant about splitting the take on this job, but by this point, I want to tip the odds in our favor as much as humanly possible. Whether a peaceful resolution is even possible or not, I want some decent backup behind us, and the Prismrivers can be that. There's a philosophy that's served me well throughout my life, "Half of something is better than all of nothing" and nothing's all we're gonna get if we fail.
And if they say no, so much the better. More money for us.

>"Which room would that be, if you don't mind me asking?"

« Reply #633 on: July 12, 2011, 08:27:09 AM »
>"Which room would that be, if you don't mind me asking?"

>"I don't mind the asking," she says, "but I wouldn't feel right saying so of my own accord. Sorry. Propriety, you understand."
>"Merlin's probably still having lunch," she adds. "You could ask her, if you like. She might even know where her sisters are off to, if that's what you were wondering."

« Reply #634 on: July 12, 2011, 08:32:05 AM »
>"I do understand. In fact, I probably shouldn't have even asked. Sorry."
>"In fact, I think I will have a word with Merlin."
>Point to our shoulder paste. "Assuming of course, this's sat long enough, doc?"

« Reply #635 on: July 12, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »
>"I do understand. In fact, I probably shouldn't have even asked. Sorry."

>She shakes her head. "Don't worry about it, please."

>"In fact, I think I will have a word with Merlin."
>Point to our shoulder paste. "Assuming of course, this's sat long enough, doc?"

>"I'd really rather bandage it and let it sit by the wound for a bit, if that's alright with you," she says. "I'm sure it would feel better that way."

« Reply #636 on: July 12, 2011, 09:24:38 PM »
>Consider.
>"I can live with that."

« Reply #637 on: July 12, 2011, 10:04:57 PM »
>Consider.
>"I can live with that."

>"Ok, just sit tight for another moment," she says, "and I'll be right back." And with that, she darts back down the hall again, reemerging a few moments later with a length of cloth bandage in her hands.
>"Now just hold your arm out a bit, if you would."

« Reply #638 on: July 12, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »
>Extend arm out a touch.

« Reply #639 on: July 12, 2011, 11:05:04 PM »
>Extend arm out a touch.

>You extend your arm a little and Minoriko starts to wrap the bandage snugly over your shoulder wound and around the underside of your arm. The compression is a little unpleasant at first, but less painful than you might have expected. The paste being pressed tighter against your shoulder gives a sort of cooling sensation.
>"There," she says, taking a step back. "I think that should do it. Let me know if it's too tight."

« Reply #640 on: July 12, 2011, 11:11:26 PM »
>Flex and rotate arm a time or two. Does the bandaging appear to impact mobility? Or too tight?

« Reply #641 on: July 12, 2011, 11:18:07 PM »
>Flex and rotate arm a time or two. Does the bandaging appear to impact mobility? Or too tight?

>You flex and rotate your arm. Some of the muscles this involves are still painful to use, though this is hardly the bandage's fault. It does impair your mobility somewhat, but you're inclined to think that's inevitable with the place that's being bandaged. Otherwise, it doesn't feel uncomfortably tight.

« Reply #642 on: July 12, 2011, 11:22:47 PM »
>"About how long would you suggest I leave this thing on?"

« Reply #643 on: July 12, 2011, 11:36:14 PM »
>"About how long would you suggest I leave this thing on?"

>"Well, I suppose that depends on how quickly you heal," she says. "If you were human, I'd probably say to keep it on for the whole day and change it in the morning. I still say you probably shouldn't take it off before then unless it's already mostly healed."
>She fixes you with a mildly chastening expression. "And don't go saying it's mostly healed if it isn't. I'm sure you can tell the difference."

« Reply #644 on: July 12, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »
>Yes, mother....
>"Yeah, yeah. I just wanted to know before I go swinging from trees again." In anticipation of her confused look. "It's a long story."

« Reply #645 on: July 13, 2011, 12:02:49 AM »
>Yes, mother....
>"Yeah, yeah. I just wanted to know before I go swinging from trees again." In anticipation of her confused look. "It's a long story."

>You grumble silently to yourself. Why must people insist you taking care of yourself?
>"I know I can only ask so much," she says, "given what you're planning to go back and do, but... try not to push yourself any harder than you have to, okay?"
>Then she nods, letting the worry vanish from her face. "And on that note, let's see about getting you some lunch, shall we?"

« Reply #646 on: July 13, 2011, 12:09:41 AM »
>"Sounds like a plan to me."
>Move to the door.
>"What's the soup of the day, anyhow?"
>We're probably fairly hungry, aren't we?

« Reply #647 on: July 13, 2011, 12:29:40 AM »
>"Sounds like a plan to me."
>Move to the door.
>"What's the soup of the day, anyhow?"
>We're probably fairly hungry, aren't we?

>You give the plan your approval and head for the door.
>"Butternut squash," she says, following close behind you.
>You had a satisfying breakfast, but quite the workout in-between. You could certainly go for some lunch.

« Reply #648 on: July 13, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »
>Hold the door open for her. Goddess' first, after all.
>Do we like butternut squash soup?

« Reply #649 on: July 13, 2011, 12:43:44 AM »
>Hold the door open for her. Goddess' first, after all.
>Do we like butternut squash soup?

>You hold open the door for Minoriko. She smiles and nods to you as she steps past you, then locks the place up once you follow after her. She heads towards the dining area.
>You've not had it more than a scattered time at most. It doesn't stand out distinctly in your mind, but most of what Minoriko cooks comes out quite appetizing.

« Reply #650 on: July 13, 2011, 01:19:26 AM »
>Look around for that Prismriver hat. And an empty table, if there's one to be had.

« Reply #651 on: July 13, 2011, 01:59:51 AM »
>Look around for that Prismriver hat. And an empty table, if there's one to be had.

>Merlin is easy to spot among the crowd, still sitting where you last saw her. A further survey of the room notes at least two empty tables.

« Reply #652 on: July 13, 2011, 02:16:19 AM »
>Grab an empty table, but keep an eye on Merlin, in case she finishes her grub before we do.

« Reply #653 on: July 13, 2011, 03:02:40 AM »
>Grab an empty table, but keep an eye on Merlin, in case she finishes her grub before we do.

>You go ahead and claim an empty table, towards the front counter and relatively close to Merlin. Given that she was eating when you came in and you've yet to be served, you expect it's almost a certainty that she'll finish before you do.
>"So, what can I get for you?" Minoriko asks as you seat yourself.

« Reply #654 on: July 13, 2011, 03:16:03 AM »
>"Think I'll have a bit of that soup. And a ham sandwich. With extra cheese."
>"And if you could, tell Merlin that I'd like to speak with her, once she's done, of course. Please."

« Reply #655 on: July 13, 2011, 03:24:59 AM »
>"Think I'll have a bit of that soup. And a ham sandwich. With extra cheese."
>"And if you could, tell Merlin that I'd like to speak with her, once she's done, of course. Please."

>Minoriko nods. "Of course."
>"I... suppose I could do that," she says. "Sure."

« Reply #656 on: July 13, 2011, 03:35:09 AM »
>"Thanks."

« Reply #657 on: July 13, 2011, 03:51:21 AM »
>"Thanks."

>Minoriko nods and waltzes back towards the kitchen, leaving you to yourself for the moment.

« Reply #658 on: July 13, 2011, 03:56:58 AM »
>Kick back and wait for grub.

« Reply #659 on: July 13, 2011, 04:24:48 AM »
>Kick back and wait for grub.

>You kick back and wait for your meal to arrive. A few minutes pass while you idly watch the room and the people in it chatting and eating; many of them you recognize in passing, though few you know beyond that. Minoriko darts in and out of the kitchen several times while you wait, buzzing about taking orders and delivering a meal or two to other patrons who arrived ahead of you. You do also note her speak briefly with Merlin. The later cranes her neck in your direction and then waves enthusiastically. You return the gesture rather more mutely. Eventually Minoriko makes her way back to your table, a tray of food in her hands. She places a bowl of soup and a plate with a ham sandwich on the table before you.
>"Here you go," she says, smiling at you. "Enjoy."