Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54077 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #960 on: May 14, 2011, 12:47:18 AM »
>"Alright, I'll look into it. Thanks, Ichirin, all be back in a bit. Just leave a note if it keeps you up too late."
>...Probably not too comfortable with hugs, so just head toward the center again.

« Reply #961 on: May 14, 2011, 12:59:03 AM »
>"Alright, I'll look into it. Thanks, Ichirin, all be back in a bit. Just leave a note if it keeps you up too late."
>...Probably not too comfortable with hugs, so just head toward the center again.

>Ichrin nods. "Go take care of what you have to. I'll still be here."
>"Bye!" the fairy waves.
>You hesitate for a moment, then decide to simply leave and head towards the village center. It's a short enough walk, although the place feels a little quieter than when you passed through the first time. You pass a farmer heading westward as you cross into the square. He smiles and nods at you and you return the gesture; you recognize him vaguely, although you couldn't put a name to the face. Most of the buildings here are closed now, but there's still light coming from inside the Harvest's Bounty.

« Reply #962 on: May 14, 2011, 01:00:07 AM »
> Have we ever been in there before? What do we know about the owner?
> Go inside.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #963 on: May 14, 2011, 01:10:17 AM »
Oh yeesh I totally forgot about the other job my bad

>"Look around for Minoriko, if we know who she is of course.

« Reply #964 on: May 14, 2011, 01:42:54 AM »
> Have we ever been in there before? What do we know about the owner?
> Go inside.

>You've certainly been inside here quite a few times in past. As well as an inn for what few travelers come this way, The Harvest's Bounty is also an eatery and a communal gathering place. Minoriko Aki is the proprietor, making it quite possibly the only inn in the world run by a god. Despite being a harvest deity, many years ago she chose to live as a simple villager, sharing her days with those who work the land, and coax bounty from the soil through their labor. She has always insisted that she be treated no differently than if she were a regular member of the community. As incredible a thing this must have been to ask of farmers who'd worshiped her, over the generations she did truly come to be treated as a member of the community. She is a warm and understanding sort - the kind people open up to about their problems - and an excellent cook. In fact, knowing her as you have, it would be easy to forget she was a god. You've never met any other divinities in person; you wonder if any of them are similarly unassuming, once you strip away the myth and ceremony?
>You open the door and step into the inn. The main level is dominated by the eatery, a large open space arrayed with round wooden tables and chairs, lit warmly by a multitude of lamps hanging from the walls and beams. A counter runs along the north wall, with a line of stools in front of it, and a few booths run along the south wall, by the windows. The kitchen is through a door behind the counter to the left, while a staircase to the right leads up to the rooms.
>The place is pretty empty at the moment. A middle-aged man is nursing a bowl of soup at one of the tables, while a small group of farmers in the corner appear to be getting ready to leave.

>Look around for Minoriko, if we know who she is of course.

>Minoriko herself is easy to locate; in fact, she looks up from her tidying of tables as soon as you step in through the door.
>"Oh, Nazrin!" she says, smiling. "My, it's been a while since I've seen you. I'm afraid I was just about to close up for the night, though..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #965 on: May 14, 2011, 01:49:44 AM »
>"It's okay. I was looking to ask some questions."

« Reply #966 on: May 14, 2011, 01:53:07 AM »
>"It's okay. I was looking to ask some questions."

>"Oh? Well, if there's anything I can help with," she says, "ask away."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: May 14, 2011, 02:05:04 AM »
>"Thanks, Minoriko. I need to know about Isato Matsutaka, and what happened to his shipment."

« Reply #968 on: May 14, 2011, 02:06:56 AM »
>"Thanks, Minoriko. I need to know about Isato Matsutaka, and what happened to his shipment."

>She pauses for a moment. "May I ask why?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #969 on: May 14, 2011, 02:08:25 AM »
>"Seeker business. Something happened to his stuff and I've gotta get it done by tomorrow."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: May 14, 2011, 02:09:48 AM »
>Tap the badge as we mention the business.
>"Otherwise, I'd let you close up in peace, trust me."

« Reply #971 on: May 14, 2011, 02:23:10 AM »
>"Seeker business. Something happened to his stuff and I've gotta get it done by tomorrow."
>Tap the badge as we mention the business.
>"Otherwise, I'd let you close up in peace, trust me."

>Minoriko's eyes follow you to your badge as you tap it and explain why you're here.
>"So you've come back to us a Seeker?" Minoriko says, smiling. "Congratulations, Nazrin. But I'm not sure I can tell you anything he couldn't. None of the others who've been along the road since then have seen anything at all, as far as I've heard, which might be best if there really is something dangerous lurking out there. Were you planning to look for it yourself?"

« Reply #972 on: May 14, 2011, 02:37:31 AM »
> "That's the plan. Can you share anything with me, or should I ask Isato directly?"

« Reply #973 on: May 14, 2011, 02:39:54 AM »
> "That's the plan. Can you share anything with me, or should I ask Isato directly?"

>She looks surprised. "You haven't spoken with him already? I thought he'd hired you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #974 on: May 14, 2011, 03:00:36 AM »
>"His clients have. I only just got into town. Not sure where he is, or if he's awake."

« Reply #975 on: May 14, 2011, 03:18:27 AM »
>"His clients have. I only just got into town. Not sure where he is, or if he's awake."

>"Oh, well I can answer where he lives, at least. It's along the northwest path out to the fields. Third house before the watermelon patches. Green trim, with a small shed next to it. I think it should be easy enough for you to find. And I imagine if you plan to find his cart, he'd be willing to talk to you even at this hour. Replacing all of that will cost a lot of money. Although I'm afraid it may be too much to hope that the horses are still ok," she adds with a frown.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #976 on: May 14, 2011, 03:21:15 AM »
>"Thanks for telling me Minoriko."
>Shall we head onwards?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: May 14, 2011, 03:27:44 AM »
>Toward Melon-haus, to the Northwest.

« Reply #978 on: May 14, 2011, 03:56:26 AM »
>"Thanks for telling me Minoriko."
>Shall we head onwards?
>Toward Melon-haus, to the Northwest.

>"You're more than welcome," she says, smiling warmly.
>"Good luck!" Minoriko calls as you turn to leave. "Make sure to stop by tomorrow, if you're still around."

>You depart the Harvest's Bounty and, following Minoriko's directions, find Isato's house in short order. It is more or less exactly as described; an utterly unremarkable dwelling, perhaps even small by Easthaven standards. To your dismay, it is also dark and silent at the moment.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: May 14, 2011, 04:06:43 AM »
>Oh well.
>Approach the farm, knock on the front door is we don't get attacked by dogs along the way.
>Put on the business face.

« Reply #980 on: May 14, 2011, 10:52:10 PM »
>Oh well.
>Approach the farm, knock on the front door is we don't get attacked by dogs along the way.
>Put on the business face.

>You shrug and decide to make the best of it.
>You walk up to the front door and knock firmly. Thankfully no animals accost you along the way.
>You assume the business face and wait hopefully for a reply. You hear rustling from inside the house and after a few moments, a somewhat haggard-looking young man in a slate blue jinbei opens the door. His expression takes on a subtle note of disquiet as he sees you.
>"...yes?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: May 14, 2011, 11:11:59 PM »
>"Hello, I'm Nazrin. I'm a seeker hired by your clients to deal with the missing shipment. Sorry to wake you, but we're on a deadline. May I come in? I need to hear what happened."

« Reply #982 on: May 14, 2011, 11:19:02 PM »
>"Hello, I'm Nazrin. I'm a seeker hired by your clients to deal with the missing shipment. Sorry to wake you, but we're on a deadline. May I come in? I need to hear what happened."

>"Oh, um..." He frowns, looking surprisingly uncomfortable. "Er, I guess so, yeah."

« Reply #983 on: May 14, 2011, 11:20:33 PM »
> Could he be nervous because we're youkai? Or is it something else?
> If he lets us in, go inside.

« Reply #984 on: May 14, 2011, 11:42:31 PM »
> Could he be nervous because we're youkai? Or is it something else?
> If he lets us in, go inside.

>You couldn't say for certain. Youkai are not exactly a rarity, and by and large, most humans seem comfortable enough around to them. At least you haven't personally encountered much prejudice in that regard. You do think the occasional person might be a little intimidated by them, but in this case, you wouldn't be surprised if it had more to do with a you being stranger wanting to come into his house in the middle of the night than with you being a youkai.
>After a moment's awkward pause, Isato seems to realize that you're waiting on him. "Oh, sorry," he says, moving out of doorway. You step inside.
>Isato moves into the house and lights an oil lamp, setting it onto a small wooden table not far from the entrance. The inside of the house is fairly spartan, although not unlike other dwellings you've seen here. The space is dominated by an open porch/living/dining room with a kitchen alcove to the side. A half-open door on the rear wall leads to what you suspect is the bedroom. There's no sign of any other occupants at the moment.
>Isato pulls out a chair for you. "So, um... can I ask who hired you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #985 on: May 14, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »
>Have a seat.
>"The Melon Ball. It's a restaurant expecting to receive your shipment; they need it by tomorrow or they'll have to close down. So, let's hear the details about the event, please?"

« Reply #986 on: May 15, 2011, 12:00:03 AM »
>Think we meant Melon BOWL there.

« Reply #987 on: May 15, 2011, 12:01:05 AM »
> That'd be our side job of being a John Wayne impersonator slipping in

« Reply #988 on: May 15, 2011, 12:09:16 AM »
>Have a seat.
>"The Melon Ball. It's a restaurant expecting to receive your shipment; they need it by tomorrow or they'll have to close down. So, let's hear the details about the event, please?"

>"Melon Bowl," he says, then runs his fingers through his hair and sighs. "Is she really that close to the bone?"

>Think we meant Melon BOWL there.

>It would seem so. Oops.

> That'd be our side job of being a John Wayne impersonator slipping in

>You do a sight better job at this than singing, that's for sure

« Reply #989 on: May 15, 2011, 12:22:03 AM »
>"With any luck, it won't get to that point. That's what I'm here for. Just tell me what happened, anything you think might be helpful."