Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 65476 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #480 on: November 22, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
My plan was a crapshoot regardless of whether Darkie could shoot or not, I realized. Preferably we would have had a tracker to make sure Dark stays on course but I forgot we have a dead tracker already. It was pretty early in the morning when I made that plan, so I didn't think to hop off it when it didn't seem like a good idea. I was still in the best interest of town; town would have gotten more control on who dies, as opposed to Darkie shooting randomly and us having to wait till tomorrow to decide on Zak/Name/Schezo.

Anyway I'm in the camp that Dan has confirmed himself scum, and needs to die (the self-vote earlier on helps confirm this). Caught Red, soon dead.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #481 on: November 22, 2013, 10:08:56 PM »
I'm super super tired right now so if I come out as incomprehensible, sorry about that. I would've left it till the morning, but I don't want to fall any further behind and I feel kind of bad about sort of coasting through this phase.

I don't think that Dark is scum. I think he's just a terrible townie. Last game he DID completely unprovoked, but he also did it in the neighbor QT the game before, in which he was a townie. None of his posts really feel like they have scum intent, he's just being kind of stupid. I would advocate a vig shot on him I guess but I don't want to waste a lynch on him. I also pretty much saw the VT crumb in his first post and figured that it was a towntell too, so there's that.

Serela bugs me considering he's pretty much only focusing on the coasting players and nobody else really. He's like "I can't decide which is the scummiest" when it's possible they're all just townies who are coasting or drawing a blank at everything. It's still possible that they're scum, but I don't like the complete fixation on one of them being scum. This goes for Zak and the Raikaria wagon. If you're not a Sensor, stop pulling arbitary numbers out of nowhere and start scumhunting.

IHNN's point against Paladin claiming is kind of dumb considering it's taking the thing out of context as he was a leading wagon and it was getting close to phase end. Don't like it.

Dormio is kind of bad for attacking DNA for coasting and then when he responds he just goes "lol" and ignores it. I don't care if the response is bad, say SOMETHING about it at least.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #482 on: November 22, 2013, 10:18:11 PM »
Because the response is retarded and not worth wasting my time addressing?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #483 on: November 22, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »
Sorry SB but people who aren't scumhunting are pretty high priority lynchings! Besides, if you look through my posts you'll realize I have some degree of townread on almost everyone else in the game; with the exception of NNR, Darkie, and maaaaybe you >_>;

That being said, I'd like to think Darkie isn't scum, but repeatedly fakeclaiming over and over and saying things like trying to justify that he's not playing as much as before since this time he's only a VT... if I had a vig gun he'd be so dead tonight just for my sake of mind if nothing else.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #484 on: November 22, 2013, 11:24:24 PM »
Might as well lay it down since it's not with 12 hours of the day.

##Vote: Actiondan

Sorry for being completely useless (I know thats a large part of why I'm still a wagon) but considering Dan is pretty much confirmed scum, I figure I have enough room to squeeze by one more day.

##Unvote
##Vote Zakeri

I'm ok with this dying now.  'pretty much confirmed scum' is the equivalent of stretching a slinky down 2 flights of stairs.

I'm particularly uninspired by kilga's posting.  especially the part Sky picked up on.  It's like he's trying really hard to imply I'm scum without actually full on saying it.  Possibly because his stated reasons for believing that conclusion wouldn't be strong enough to actually support it.  That's to think about for later. 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #485 on: November 22, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »
>says the one who claims to be a miller after getting caught

precisely why I asked.  As that's all of why Dark is voting me.  Why'd he go and commit the same 'error'

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #486 on: November 22, 2013, 11:29:01 PM »
I'm just going to put i tout there that this was never addressed. :derp:

And I'll put it out there that it was.  rather explicitly.  I had said that there are different ways to play miller, depending on circumstance and whimsy.

Something NNR is much to novice to even comprehend let alone pontificate on the matter

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #487 on: November 22, 2013, 11:31:29 PM »
Day 2.whatever
ActionDan (5) - Schezo, Darkninjaabc, NekoNekoRex, I have no name, Zakeri
Zakeri (5) - Kilgamayan, Serious Bananas, Cheez8, Serela, ActionDan
I have no name (1) - Sky_Paladin
Darkninjaabc (1) - Dormio
Not Voting (0): None!

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. You have 1 and a half hours.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #488 on: November 22, 2013, 11:33:47 PM »
I'm particularly uninspired by kilga's posting.  especially the part Sky picked up on.  It's like he's trying really hard to imply I'm scum without actually full on saying it.  Possibly because his stated reasons for believing that conclusion wouldn't be strong enough to actually support it.

My vote right now is on Zakeri and not Dan, so :V

I am willing to vote for Dan to secure a lynch if necessary but admittedly still have some small nurgling doubts about him. Zakeri had a highly questionable D1 and has followed it by doing nothing meaningful today, which makes me feel a lot better about his being scum.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #489 on: November 22, 2013, 11:36:19 PM »
Well, since there's like 1.5 hours left.
##Unvote
##Vote Zakeri

I think that Zakeri and Darkninjaabc should die first, just my personal opinion.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #490 on: November 22, 2013, 11:37:01 PM »
Actually I should probably just ##Unvote for now but yeah that's where my vote will go for today.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #491 on: November 22, 2013, 11:38:50 PM »
FTR lynch preference is Zak > DNA > NNR > Dan > IHNN with a ??Schezo?? tossed onto the tail end since I didn't keep proper tabs on him throughout the day and

I will be leaving in 20 minutes and will be driving until deadline so don't expect a vote switch once I'm gone.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #492 on: November 22, 2013, 11:39:04 PM »
*and I'm irritated with myself for that

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #493 on: November 22, 2013, 11:43:57 PM »
Good morning. Was just about to vote Zak and got cut by Dormio putting him at L-1.

Consider my vote on Zak. Do I hammer? There's still discussion just...not from Zak, really. Well I'll wait a bit and see if there's a good reason not to.  We have a few hours.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #494 on: November 22, 2013, 11:47:28 PM »
Errr no we have just over one hour. Okay. Well I'll be here to hammer if nobody on Dans lynch doesn't blink first.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #495 on: November 22, 2013, 11:49:10 PM »
Uhh, this isn't right.
What happened to the confirmed on Dan?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #496 on: November 22, 2013, 11:55:49 PM »
Darkninjaabc is making me doubt my belief in the non-miller.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #497 on: November 22, 2013, 11:59:16 PM »
I was going to post this in my thoughts QT but I decided halfway through it'd be more prudent to put it here, if for no other reason than possibly explaining why I've been behaving the way I have been around Dan.

There's a major fundamental issue with the Dan case and weighing him against any other option: it's one giant fucking rock versus variously-sized piles of smaller rocks. Cases like Zakeri or DNA or NNR are the buildup of a number of things, each individually interpretable, each individually debatable. The Dan case boils down to "do you believe the miller claim" where "yes -> town" and "no -> scum". That's it. And I'm stuck in a situation where I want to not believe the claim because it's so convenient and Dan tried beating people over the head with it instead of taking what I think are more reasonable approaches to the skepticism he had to know he was going to get when he made it. But I'm having a difficult time imagining what else the night spirit stuff could be, which is giving me just enough pause to not throw down an emphatic no and vote for him ahead of people I don't have such weighted doubts on.

Gotta go.

« Reply #498 on: November 23, 2013, 12:01:40 AM »
So you're saying you think Dan might be a miller after all?

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #499 on: November 23, 2013, 12:06:16 AM »
Paladin, Dormio unvoted.

Dormio, why did you unvote if you've already made up your mind? The day ends in an hour.

Cut twice, somehow. I don't see any evidence saying otherwise, Zakeri. I guess it is a problem that there's basically no evidence that could possibly say anything about Dan for certain with such a claim, but you can be sure people will be keeping an eye on him from now on (unless you flip scum which would not surprise me at all)
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #500 on: November 23, 2013, 12:11:50 AM »
Because random hammers cutting the day short.
I'm going to be busy now though so ##Vote Zakeri

« Reply #501 on: November 23, 2013, 12:15:06 AM »
Wagon analysis says scumteam is Dan, Cheez8, and Serious Bananas.

combined with my theory on day one, I feel like the way today is playing out is a long-stretch in order to try and save Dan for another day.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #502 on: November 23, 2013, 12:21:45 AM »
##unvote
##Vote ActionDan

Why am I really doing this.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #503 on: November 23, 2013, 12:33:10 AM »
Yes, I do believe Dan's miller claim.  I haven't got anything to believe about Zak, except that he's my #2 scumpick.  Since it's no longer L-1, here we go.

##vote Zakeri

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #504 on: November 23, 2013, 12:35:21 AM »
'^'

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #505 on: November 23, 2013, 12:36:35 AM »
Zakeri why haven't you even claimed in the thread yet?

He's my neighbor. He's also the neighbor encryptor, which means when he dies the QT will end.

He hasn't been much better in the QT until like the past few hours, or something.

But for some reason half the time he actually bothers to open his mouth he says things I don't think he'd be saying if he was scum. Especially scum that was practically lying down and dying at this point.

He also said he was going to buckle down and get stuff done now, after I (note, I, not him) started asking him if he'd actually get any better if I moved my vote >_> Because I started going back to those silly things I thought he was town for. Because he kept doing them.

CAN WE LYNCH DAN YET

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #506 on: November 23, 2013, 12:39:12 AM »
dan -is- actually l-1 in case anyone didn't realize

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #507 on: November 23, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »
IS LYNCHING ACTIONDAN REALLY A BAD THING I MEAN REALLY

IF WE DIDN'T LYNCH HIM TODAY WE'D PROBABLY LYNCH HIM TOMORROW OR THE DAY NEXT D;

« Reply #508 on: November 23, 2013, 12:41:56 AM »
I am the worst at convincing people of things.

Yeah, I've been slacking off in making actual reads on people which is why I haven't pulled up any direct references to reasons on why people are scum, and have been resorting to solely wagon analysis.
I seriously thought the lynch of the day had to have been Dan because he was completely BSing the miller claim as the only possible excuse that could answer for why BT hit scum.

« Reply #509 on: November 23, 2013, 12:43:33 AM »
And sorry Serela, but the reason why I didn't feel like it was important to claim my role was because I figured both you and our fourth member were convinced that there had to be at least one scum in the qt, which meant you two would have just turned on each other to anyways.