Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)  (Read 45811 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)
« Reply #990 on: February 01, 2013, 10:54:36 AM »
>Okay, NOW we can leave.
>Wait, did she leave a tip? Waitress was pretty promt and friendly enough.
>If Kyouko-chan did not, leave 2 extra guilders and then catch up with the yamabiko.
>Follow her home.

>You decide to leave those 2 guilders of yours here after all, giving them as a tip to the waitress, then follow after Kyouko as she departs the restaurant.

>The streets have emptied noticeably since you first arrived here and there is a cool note in the night air, a little surprising given the season. Kyouko keeps a light pace as she heads west, humming to herself as she walks and cheerfully swinging her arms back and forth in time with her steps. To your attentive eye, her footwork looks a touch uncoordinated, though she never actually stumbles. All in all, it would be a pretty good night - you've had good food and unexpectedly good company and a whirlwind tour of the city you'd long hoped to see. But the fact that your bittercress has yet to bloom weighs heavily on your mind, and the quiet night air once again gives you pause to reflect on this.
>Though the city has quieted from the bustle of the afternoon, you still pass a decent few people along the stone streets - a scattered lone youkai moving quietly about their business and the occasional band of louder ones. None of them show the ostentation of dress that was evident on your first forays into the city and you're growing to understand that you may be too far from the richer neighbourhoods to observe this, at least at this hour; even a city as prosperous as Val Razua does not apportion is prosperity equally. But the environs here are still pleasant by any measure and you can hear the river flowing somewhere not so far in the distance.

>"It's a nice night," Kyouko declares to no one in particular.

« Reply #991 on: February 01, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »
>Nod.
>"It's a lot quieter here than back in Braston, too. The Oni make sure of that."

« Reply #992 on: February 01, 2013, 12:21:55 PM »
>Nod.
>"It's a lot quieter here than back in Braston, too. The Oni make sure of that."

>"The Oni make sure of that," Kyouko agrees, then pauses. "Wait, what are they making sure of now?"

« Reply #993 on: February 01, 2013, 12:43:04 PM »
>"The quiet. There's no such thing as a quiet oni, let alone when you put a lot of them together, add alcohol and a few friendly rivalries. And not so friendly ones as well."

« Reply #994 on: February 01, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »
>"The quiet. There's no such thing as a quiet oni, let alone when you put a lot of them together, add alcohol and a few friendly rivalries. And not so friendly ones as well."

>"Oni like their parties!" she says. "Or so everybody says; I haven't met many oni myself."

« Reply #995 on: February 01, 2013, 01:10:58 PM »
>"I have noticed a distinct lack of them since I arrived. And take it from me, their party-going rep is well earned."
>"Mind you, they do good work, too. Matter of fact, it was an oni who made the sheathe for my sword here."

« Reply #996 on: February 01, 2013, 01:17:52 PM »
>"I have noticed a distinct lack of them since I arrived. And take it from me, their party-going rep is well earned."
>"Mind you, they do good work, too. Matter of fact, it was an oni who made the sheathe for my sword here."

>"Really?" Kyouko says, then spins around to face you, wobbling a little in the process. She leans down and practically puts her face up against the stopgap scabbard Yuugi had made for you; you're forced to stop mid-stride for fear of thwapping her in the face with the end of it.
>"It's not as snazzy as your sword," she says, "but it's not bad!"

« Reply #997 on: February 01, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »
>Nod.
>"I might have gone for something fancier- it's a cool sword, after all- but I was in a bit of a hurry, so this had to do."

« Reply #998 on: February 01, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
>Nod.
>"I might have gone for something fancier- it's a cool sword, after all- but I was in a bit of a hurry, so this had to do."

>"What were you in a hurry for?" she asks.

« Reply #999 on: February 01, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »
>"I had to catch the first ferry out of town. Didn't think that'd end up being the Maiden at the time, but I didn't have days to wait for a nicer sheathe to be made."

>Look her deep in the eyes.
>"Why, to meet you of course. I knew that my destiny awaited me in Val Razua, and it's both of you!"
>Pull her and Mystia into an alley and ravish them. And don't let Marisa watch.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:32:35 PM by Sourfang, Seeker of Winter »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1000 on: February 01, 2013, 02:21:37 PM »
Whoa there, mousepimp. RPG canon says that Mystia is mine.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #1001 on: February 01, 2013, 02:23:26 PM »
Weren't you after Yamame back before you jumped ship?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1002 on: February 01, 2013, 02:28:08 PM »
Nazrin gave Yamame pseudo-pursuit some thought back then. This is quite different. (Largely in that it actually came to pass.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #1003 on: February 01, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »
>Look her deep in the eyes.
>"Why, to meet you of course. I knew that my destiny awaited me in Val Razua, and it's both of you!"
>Pull her and Mystia into an alley and ravish them. And don't let Marisa watch.

>You look deep into Kyouko's wide green eyes and she stares languidly back at yours, the hazy embrace of the warm drink resting gently upon her. Then you profess your longing and swiftly usher the two(?) of them into the nearest alleyway, unable to restrain your desire any longer.
>Kyouko lets out an adorable meep before sloppily kissing you back and soon you are coaxing a sensual duet from the pair of sonorous youkai. Kyouko
Spoiler:

your
Spoiler:

while the rambunctious night sparrow
Spoiler:

. Soon you
Spoiler:

and
Spoiler:

beneath the
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

tickle
Spoiler:

gasp
Spoiler:

...wow.

>"And that wasn't even the real thing, yet!" Kyouko chirps, then grins impishly at you. "But you could always try!"