Author Topic: Elly Quest - Reaper in Red  (Read 48133 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Elly Quest - Reaper in Red
« Reply #1020 on: October 03, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »
>Sigh. "I dunno if that's such a good idea though boss. I mean, she kinda has a job to do."

Well you guys, how do we defuse THIS?

> "So do you. Doesn't stop her." Yuuka says,

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #1021 on: October 03, 2012, 08:13:30 PM »
>"Teach'll probably just mess with distance to keep us here if you try to bring Eiki with us."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:15:05 PM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1022 on: October 03, 2012, 08:16:32 PM »
>"Komachi'll probably just mess with distance to keep us here if you try to bring her with us."

> "I wouldn't bet on it. She's overworked, underpaid, and too weak to stop me." Yuuka says.

> Somehow you get the feeling Komachi is probably sleeping or something, or else she might have forcibly messed with the distance between Eiki and Yuuka to keep Eiki away.

> "Besides, it's not like I won't bring her back home afterwards." Yuuka says, pouting.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #1023 on: October 03, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
>Sigh. "Why do I get the feeling this is going to backfire on us spectacularly?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #1024 on: October 03, 2012, 08:31:04 PM »
>"You had to fight at full power, and you barely won even then. You bring her back, and we're likely to lose the entire dream world in the inevitable second round."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1025 on: October 03, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »
>Sigh. "Why do I get the feeling this is going to backfire on us spectacularly?"

> "Because if you somehow convince me to leave her here, someone's gonna have to make up for it~" Yuuka says.

>"You had to fight at full power, and you barely won even then. You bring her back, and we're likely to lose the entire dream world in the inevitable second round."

> "I only had to make a new body because I underestimated how heavy that rod is. Also, the Dream World is my domain. My home field, not hers like Higan." Yuuka says, taking the Rod of Remorse from Eiki and throwing it away.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #1026 on: October 03, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »
>"I just... I just want this to be over. I don't want to see her, or Higan, or the shinigami, or any of it again. And if you kidnap Eiki, it'll never end. Everyone in Higan will be after you, and they won't stop coming. Maybe you could handle it, but I couldn't."
>"Please, boss. I normally don't ask for a lot, but I'm asking now. Please, just let this end here."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1027 on: October 03, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
>"I just... I just want this to be over. I don't want to see her, or Higan, or the shinigami, or any of it again. And if you kidnap Eiki, it'll never end. Everyone in Higan will be after you, and they won't stop coming. Maybe you could handle it, but I couldn't."
>"Please, boss. I normally don't ask for a lot, but I'm asking now. Please, just let this end here."

> Yuuka thinks.

> "Then I'll follow you later! Oh wait I can't cross the Higan without you."

> She thinks again, then looks depressed, and drops Eiki.

> "Fine. But I'll drag you and that vampire of the lake into my room when we get back to make up for it... and that tree youkai. Where is she anyway?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1028 on: October 03, 2012, 09:02:40 PM »
>"I told teach to get her somewhere safe while we fought Eiki. Besides, I don't want her to end up all banged up on my account. I'll take her share of it too if I gotta."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1029 on: October 03, 2012, 09:10:58 PM »
>"I told teach to get her somewhere safe while we fought Eiki. Besides, I don't want her to end up all banged up on my account. I'll take her share of it too if I gotta."

> "Well, let's look at it this way. She can't leave without your scythe paddling the boat. I can't leave either. Besides, I need some new blood to make up for the lack of new blood from the Yama."

[Note: The main storyline of Elly quest is done. However, there is the possibility for you to do an 'Extra Stage' if you want to. This is completely optional, and not directly related to the main storyline. As such, my GM'ing of what happens in it will be less forgiving than usual, and you can get a bad end in the 'Extra Stage' without completely screwing things up on purpose. If I choose to continue the Elly Quest storyline, the Extra Stage would be counted as non-canon. It's just for funsies.]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:22:32 PM by Raikaria »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1030 on: October 03, 2012, 09:50:20 PM »
Well, what do you guys think? You wanna move on to the extra stage, or not?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #1031 on: October 03, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
I don't really care one way or the other. You can choose.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #1032 on: October 04, 2012, 04:29:51 AM »
Do eet! We like a challenge. Right?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1033 on: October 04, 2012, 04:34:41 AM »
Personally, I'm okay with ending on as light a note as we can get. And ending here's as light as it's gonna get.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1034 on: October 04, 2012, 06:48:00 AM »
Well... we're tied at 1 do it, 1 not sure and 1 not.

~_~

How about some more information to help you make up your minds.

It involves Elly's Day Job, guarding the Dream Portal.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #1035 on: October 04, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »
I was hoping for that, to be honest.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1036 on: October 04, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »
Well, as long as it isn't too serious, I guess so...
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1037 on: October 04, 2012, 08:51:02 PM »
Well, that's 2 for it, 1 neutral now... so...

===

2 Days later

===

> Your holiday is now over, and you're back at the gate to the Dream Worlds. You still ache after Yuuka was through with you, but it's nowhere near as bad as yesterday.

> The tree youkai left for Gensokyo after the whole event, although she decided upon a name, once Yuuka told her her species of apple. Sievi [Pronounced See-vee], based upon the original species of apple tree that she is, 'Malus sieversii'.

> Kurumi wasn't happy about getting dragged into Yuuka's realm and tortured. She's been staying away to lick her wounds the last few days.

> You suddenly feel something weird from the portal behind you. Turning, you see it has shifted color. Usually, it is a green~gold, the main colors of the sunflower. Now, it is a pinky~blue combination... shifting between the two.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1038 on: October 04, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »
>Pink and blue...Don't we know about people who use those colors?
>Well, let's keep an eye on it, and see what comes through. If it's a hostile, then it's our job to repel it.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1039 on: October 04, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »
>Pink and blue...Don't we know about people who use those colors?
>Well, let's keep an eye on it, and see what comes through. If it's a hostile, then it's our job to repel it.

> No, you don't know about inhabitants of other Dream Realms. However, you have seen this portal before. As Reimu and Marisa apparently left Yuuka's realm, the portal turned this shade. Reimu and Marisa left not through Yuuka's realm, but whatever this one is.

> Yes, it's your job, and Yuuka can't back you up, her realm is sealed off from this one, unless she passes through whatever this one is.

> You recall that the portal reacts to whatever world wants passage the most, for whatever reason. Usually, it's Yuuka, because she doesn't care about intruders, employs you, and occasionally takes people through, and openly accepts challengers. However, she doesn't care about the portal being open to her realm much. Most of the time, other realms want to be left alone. The change in the portal means something has changed the mind of whoever is in this realm.

> For that matter, you and Yuuka still have no clue what happened when Reimu and Marisa got dragged into this realm... or why the inhabitants dragged them into it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1040 on: October 04, 2012, 09:04:29 PM »
>Well, wonder who's on the other side? "Oi, what's all this then?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #1041 on: October 04, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
>Be on guard. Something may well come through.
>Has Malus returned to normal after being energized with... whatever that was back in Higan?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1042 on: October 04, 2012, 09:10:52 PM »
>Well, wonder who's on the other side? "Oi, what's all this then?"

> There is no response.

>Be on guard. Something may well come through.
>Has Malus returned to normal after being energized with... whatever that was back in Higan?

> Oh yeah, you're not gonna let yourself be anything but on guard.

> Yes, it has returned to normal. It turned to normal after you willed the scythe to return to normal.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1043 on: October 04, 2012, 09:13:58 PM »
>"Hey Malus, what do you think's on the other side of the portal?"
>Would we be able to poke our head through? Or would we have to go through completely?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1044 on: October 04, 2012, 09:16:35 PM »
>"Hey Malus, what do you think's on the other side of the portal?"
>Would we be able to poke our head through? Or would we have to go through completely?

> The scythe stays still. You guess this means it has no clue. Scythes struggle to shrug, after all.

> You are pretty sure there is no danger to putting your head through, after all, something has to go through first, and you've seen Yuuka do it when she wants to talk to you. Well, there MIGHT be danger, but not from the portal itself.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1045 on: October 04, 2012, 09:20:33 PM »
>Well, nothing for it then. Let's hold our breath, cross our fingers, and poke our head into the portal to get a look-see.
>But be on even higher alert than usual, so we can pull back through at a moment's notice.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1046 on: October 04, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »
>Well, nothing for it then. Let's hold our breath, cross our fingers, and poke our head into the portal to get a look-see.

> You poke your head through the portal.

> You see a... strange world. It appears to be largely red, with what seems to be stars mixed in the red. There are jet-black islands, as if they are made of onyx. There is a creepy moon, purple, which is clearly in a crescent phase, yet, the phase looks impossible, almost like someone took a small bite out of the upper left of the moon.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #1047 on: October 04, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »
>"..The hell?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1048 on: October 04, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
>"..The hell?"

> There is no response.

> The world feels... eerie, yet strangely beautiful at the same time. It feels wrong... but also right, calling you in, yet pushing you out.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1049 on: October 04, 2012, 09:56:41 PM »
>"...Freaky. Maybe I oughta consult boss on this. She'd know more about other dreamworlds."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!