Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 8)  (Read 44108 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 8)
« Reply #990 on: March 24, 2012, 08:07:41 AM »
>"So, there you have it. You won't stop robbing us, and we're not about to roll over and let you. Maybe you should have picked a target that couldn't fight back if you didn't want a fight."
>Does it sound like Chisato and our old tengu are still fighting?

« Reply #991 on: March 24, 2012, 08:13:35 AM »
>"So, there you have it. You won't stop robbing us, and we're not about to roll over and let you. Maybe you should have picked a target that couldn't fight back if you didn't want a fight."
>Does it sound like Chisato and our old tengu are still fighting?

>"We came here prepared," she says. "But I take no joy in your pain. I wish you would spared yourself that."
>Yes, though it sounds rather less spirited than their first match.

« Reply #992 on: March 24, 2012, 08:35:34 AM »
>"And I wish I could believe you. But you standing in someone else's house, trying to steal from them, and claiming to actually care about thier health? Put yourself in my boots. Would YOU believe it? Now let's get this over with."
>Spring forward.
>Make the motions of throwing our kunai towards her right side, but do not throw the weapon.
>If she moves to parry the kunai, bring our saber up in a slash across her sword arm.
>If she dodges in response to the feint, swing our saber in a forehand slash towards her damaged side, where the wrench hit.

« Reply #993 on: March 24, 2012, 09:01:23 AM »
>"And I wish I could believe you. But you standing in someone else's house, trying to steal from them, and claiming to actually care about thier health? Put yourself in my boots. Would YOU believe it? Now let's get this over with."
>Spring forward.
>Make the motions of throwing our kunai towards her right side, but do not throw the weapon.
>If she moves to parry the kunai, bring our saber up in a slash across her sword arm.
>If she dodges in response to the feint, swing our saber in a forehand slash towards her damaged side, where the wrench hit.

>You say a few last words to the tengu and then spring forward. Though perhaps this would be better described as a rushed ambling rather than any sort springing motion, courtesy of your injured leg and side.
>You lash your wrist out as though you were to throw your kunai and the tengu starts to lean away from the shot so you rush in and swing your sword at her side. She retreats smoothly away from it again, nearly flying over Ishi's body in the process. The kappa takes this chance to scrabble towards her wrench as the tengu slices the air in front of you yet another time.
>There is a flash of light behind you, accompanied by a grunt from the tengu in the rear. You see the eyes of the tengu in front of you dart in that direction with a look of concern on her face.

« Reply #994 on: March 24, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
Make a note, troops. If possible, steal that sword. No guilt in stealing from theives.

>Angle our body to the right and sidestep the incoming attack, hoping our leg doesn't falter again.
>Presuming our leg doesn't give way under us, spare a glance backwards ourselves. Bursts of light don't come outta nowhere, and Ishi and whatever other gadgets she may have are here.

« Reply #995 on: March 24, 2012, 10:13:39 AM »
>Angle our body to the right and sidestep the incoming attack, hoping our leg doesn't falter again.
>Presuming our leg doesn't give way under us, spare a glance backwards ourselves. Bursts of light don't come outta nowhere, and Ishi and whatever other gadgets she may have are here.

>You angle your body to the right and quickly push yourself against the wall as the razor crescent blows past you, ruffling your hair.
>You spare a quick glance behind you to see the other tengu staggering backwards with her arm raised in front of her face. You see a kunai sail a few short feet through the air and embed itself in her neck as Chisato rounds to her side and bashes the tengu in the head forcefully enough to knock the other side of her skull off the corridor wall. You hear the tengu behind you swoop swiftly towards you.

« Reply #996 on: March 24, 2012, 10:52:12 AM »
>Her neck? That's gotta hurt. That's her taken care of. Nice going girls.
>Turn back to face the last tengu standing, while springing.... well, as near to springing as we can get, backwards and to the left, to try and give us more time to interecept the coming attack.
>Trust our refelxes and raise our saber to ward off her incoming slash.

« Reply #997 on: March 24, 2012, 11:20:38 AM »
>Her neck? That's gotta hurt. That's her taken care of. Nice going girls.
>Turn back to face the last tengu standing, while springing.... well, as near to springing as we can get, backwards and to the left, to try and give us more time to interecept the coming attack.
>Trust our refelxes and raise our saber to ward off her incoming slash.

>You turn back to the tengu near you and shift aside from her charge as quickly as you can manage, raising your sword defensively. But she... doesn't seem to be charging at you at all, instead angling to the other side of the corridor and moving past at high speed.
>"Kazuha!" she cries. "Down!"

« Reply #998 on: March 24, 2012, 11:54:53 AM »
>"Hey!"
>A mouse would almost think she genuinely cares.
>If she is still in range, slash at her wings if we can.
>"Chisato, incoming!"
>If she is not in range, sidestep in directly behind her, wait until we're sure she can no longer see us in her peripheral vision, then hurl a kunai at her. Aiming somewhat high, so as to not risk hitting our friends in the completely likely even she dodges. Even if she dodges, gives our friends more time to prepare, because she'll get there long before we will.
>Regardless of whether we hit or not, follow down the corridor after her, and locate that other discarded kunai, the one we passed by before engaging this tengu again. Grab it with our tail if we get close.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #999 on: March 24, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
So are we going this route, then? I think I'd have preferred to get the fight to stop on the grounds of people getting injured on both sides, because I want to talk Aya down from this (since she has a responsibility to her crew and we've got the blight working for us serving as a danger to them).
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #1000 on: March 25, 2012, 01:39:15 AM »
The problem with the blight option, now that I've had more time to think about while I was trying to win this fight, is that if we reveal it to Aya, we reveal it to the Maiden crew. And they'll want to strand us on this island here rather than travel with someone plagued. Neu may have been able to convince Murasa, but convincing one person is a lot easier than convincing a paranoid, angry mob. Of course, if it's only Neu and Murasa with Aya, then that's a moot point. We won't know until this fight's over.

Really, that's all I've been thinking about; this fight here. If we had lost, then, well, that would have been it. But if we win, I want to take at least this lead tengu prisoner. Maybe get some answers out of her, maybe use her for a bargaining chip with Aya. And if she actually DOES give a damn about us, which makes no sense since she's a pirate, then I've had a radical idea.
Keep her. Maybe we can fix her. I mean, if nothing else, that's one less pirate making life miserable for good people.

This pirate won't stop the fight. Not unless we surrender. At least, that's the impression she's given me. Aya might, but we have to get through these two first. And maybe one, now, since her flunky's taken a kunai to the throat.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:45:58 AM by Sourfang, the Falling Star »

« Reply #1001 on: March 25, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »
And since evidently this evaded everyone, including myself, this thread's over. And that means...

>"Chisato! Change of plans!"
>Tackle the flying tengu to the ground.
>Pull Chisato and Miyuki down to the ground.
>Have faith that Ishi has a video camera tucked in there somewhere, and ravish them all.

« Reply #1002 on: March 25, 2012, 10:24:42 PM »
>"Chisato! Change of plans!"
>Tackle the flying tengu to the ground.
>Pull Chisato and Miyuki down to the ground.
>Have faith that Ishi has a video camera tucked in there somewhere, and ravish them all.

>You have a sudden change of heart and decide that making love really is better than war.
>You announce the change of plan to Chisato, then tackle the charging tengu to the ground along with the two sailors and put your nimble fingers to work proving this point.

>Ishi lets out a lecherous whistle. "You go, Mousey! Show those birdbrains who's on top!"
>"Hey! That's my ankle!" Miyuki groans.
>"Oww, I've still got splinters in my butt!"
>"Stop bleeding on me!"
>A soft voice calls out timidly from your room. "...hello? Did... did everyone forget about me?"