Author Topic: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?  (Read 41651 times)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
>Rest our sword on our shoulder in a casual, yet ready-to-use manner. "Who wants to know?"
>We'll have to remember to consider daggers or knifes ourselves. Who knows if we'll have to fight this guy again, or anyone else like him.

>He brings a finger up to his chin, as if in thought. "Someone who likes to keep watch on inter-dimensional travel. And you qualify, even if it was only your soul that was doing the traveling."
>You flex the fingers of your left hand. Feeling's back.
>Probably a good idea, though this guy carries the confidence of someone really attuned to his weapon. As fond as you are of your sword, you only ever used what was most useful. This guy...it's like he's gone to hell and back with those knives.
>"If you want a name...well...that's something I can't give up quite yet," he adds, smirking, eyes like blue steel.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2012, 09:43:57 PM »
> "I see..."
> "So I'd assume you're able to explain this situation correct? Because I have no clue how this happened."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »
> "I see..."
> "So I'd assume you're able to explain this situation correct? Because I have no clue how this happened."

>He shrugs. "Maybe. The enigma thing is overrated, I know, but it can't be helped. As it is, you and your half-dragon friend are liabilities, which goes without mentioning all the others."
>Your eyes widen in an instant. "Others?!"
>"Indeed. You were aware of the mechanics of your world, right? As I understand it, which isn't very well since my benefactor likes hiding things from me, Lordran was a multifaceted dimension all of its own. The 'Chosen Undead' varied from timeline to timeline, and the timelines would blend into each other's at the slightest touch. You summoned and were summoned by others, weren't you? I can't imagine Time itself being so distorted like that...it's never quite that angry with me."
>...He knows. So much. How? How does he know so much?
>"And in the end you were the only one. Or so you think."
>...?!

>"There were others who managed to beat Gwyn, you know. Those are the 'others'. Those who managed to take him out...they came back."
>"...and the rest?" you somehow manage to grind out.
>"Nothing could be done. They're...gone. Hospitals across the entire world with comatose patients...well. It's a relief that only one of the beings consistent with each timeline managed to get through...no, rather, your half-dragon friend is an oddity. She wasn't brought from here, so why was she brought here...?" he trails off.

>Aggravating. His nonchalant tone is aggravating beyond comprehension, somehow. His calm tone as he talks about the people you crossed blades with and against...
>"...so what are you here for?" you manage, finally.
>"There was a large flux of power here, and I decided to check it out. Until we're sure you're not a threat...well, it's hard to be sure when you have a bunch of quasi-immortal soul manipulators and a half-dragon who can quite literally kill anything."
>He shrugs again. Logical, but he's still pissing you off.
Sugoiiii~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2012, 10:39:58 PM »
>"Ah. That must have been when I absorbed a powerful soul that stuck with me during the transfer. Gwyn's to be exact. I was hoping to use it restore at least some of my lost power, this body's a bit too low-end for my liking. Everything but Intelligence and Attunement are below ten. Extremely vexing."
>Then sigh. "The only problem being that I have to use a Bonfire to allocate the power properly, which is something that likely isn't a thing on this side." Grumble slightly at that.
>And then shrug. "As for why she ended up here, I've been wondering on that myself. Perhaps it is because I too am here? Who knows? Life is just one big riddle for the ages, never finding it's answer until the final death."
>Hey, if he can be enigmatic, we can too.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2012, 10:49:40 PM »
>"Ah. That must have been when I absorbed a powerful soul that stuck with me during the transfer. Gwyn's to be exact. I was hoping to use it restore at least some of my lost power, this body's a bit too low-end for my liking. Everything but Intelligence and Attunement are below ten. Extremely vexing."
>Then sigh. "The only problem being that I have to use a Bonfire to allocate the power properly, which is something that likely isn't a thing on this side." Grumble slightly at that.
>And then shrug. "As for why she ended up here, I've been wondering on that myself. Perhaps it is because I too am here? Who knows? Life is just one big riddle for the ages, never finding it's answer until the final death."
>Hey, if he can be enigmatic, we can too.

>He raises an eyebrow. "Intelligence and attunement?...Don't tell me you had stats, like a video game? Wow, Lordran just gets weirder and weirder the more I hear about it."
Sugoiiii~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2012, 11:34:58 PM »
>"Strange, I know, but it was rather apt at showing what one was capable of."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2012, 07:54:49 AM »
>"Strange, I know, but it was rather apt at showing what one was capable of."

>He laughs. It's a hearty chuckle. "And I thought my adventures were RPG like."
>RPG. That's...a video game genre? You never really played many video games. Well, you've played enough of them for a lifetime if that's the genre Lordran counts as.
>A flash of movement and his knives are back...no, just one. A longer one, more embellished, held in his right hand with a normal grip. His smirk expands into a full blown demonic smile; despite yourself, you feel...fear. This guy isn't like anything else you've fought...no, this guy seems like he's toying with you, something nothing in Lordran ever did.
>"Shall we continue then? I was having some fun, and I still have some time before I have to debrief. As far as I can tell you're pretty harmless, but, well, who knows?"
Sugoiiii~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2012, 03:13:27 PM »
>....Bollocks. We really should've brought the Catalyst! As we are now, there's no way we could take him on.
>"As much as I would enjoy that, wouldn't you rather see me at full power for said fight? I'm afraid that as I am now, the fight wouldn't last more than a few minutes. I don't have nearly as much power as I did when I fought Gwyn. Now if there was some way I could allocate the power I obtained from Gwyn's Soul, then we would be able to have a more enjoyable spar."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2012, 06:57:59 PM »
>....Bollocks. We really should've brought the Catalyst! As we are now, there's no way we could take him on.
>"As much as I would enjoy that, wouldn't you rather see me at full power for said fight? I'm afraid that as I am now, the fight wouldn't last more than a few minutes. I don't have nearly as much power as I did when I fought Gwyn. Now if there was some way I could allocate the power I obtained from Gwyn's Soul, then we would be able to have a more enjoyable spar."

>His smile softens. "I appreciate a guy who can pick his fights. Guess I'll see you later then; I'll hold you to that spar."
>...
>...Aaand he's gone. Yeesh.
Sugoiiii~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2012, 07:12:24 PM »
>".....Well, that was a surprise." Deadpan.
>Weird guy that. We'll have to make sure to improve for the next match. We'll need to find a Bonfire somehow, if there is even one on this side..
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2012, 12:18:01 AM »
>Next time we see him, we're taking his ass to the cleaners. ON MY WORD.
>Consider how likely making an ad-hoc bonfire would work. Otherwise, we may need to hope our mysterious benefactor feels nice.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »
>Nothing has ever stopped you forever, you don't intend to have this guy be the first.
>Bonfires...probably not likely. Then again...
>You might be able to make one. You'd have to find a sword and some refuse, though. Human bones, pieces of broken armor, ashes. And that would only give you a visual copy. Lighting it...maybe you can now. You did consume Gwyn's soul, and he was the source of all Fire in Lordran.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2012, 01:49:55 AM »
> Would we be able to use our sword?
> Does refuse have to be specific or could it be random things like garbage?

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2012, 04:24:43 AM »
> Would we be able to use our sword?
> Does refuse have to be specific or could it be random things like garbage?

>You're not entirely sure your sword would still be available for use afterwards, if removing it would turn the bonfire unusable, or the other way around.
>You're also not sure what the actual trash needs to be; all the Bonfires you saw were the same. Maybe you could try? There's lots of trash around to use.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »
> Would anything sufficiently sharp work in place of a sword?
> Gather up some trash.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2012, 08:20:36 PM »
> Would anything sufficiently sharp work in place of a sword?
> Gather up some trash.

>Dunno. You've never actually made a Bonfire or asked about how they're made; you just found them. Occasionally there were Fire Keepers, but you never asked nor do you think they'd ever tell.
>You grab some scraps, some empty cans, some wrappers, and gather them into a pile in a vague approximation of  what you remember.
>Something sharp...well, there's a splintered two-by-four around, some lead pipes, other stuff. Could be worth a try.
Sugoiiii~

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »
>Humanity is likely necessary; it's necessary to kindle them, at least.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »
> Try the lead pipe.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2012, 03:23:02 AM »
>Yes. The Fire Keeper's Souls which were used to strengthen the Estus Flask, were masses of Humanity. The implication is pretty clear there.
>You close your eyes and bring up the odd display that so accurately described your situation; total health until you expired, energy left, and in this case the most important: Humanity.
>...strange. The number there is...distorted. Unreadable. It glows white though, signalling your current human form, and you clearly feel the effects of a large amount of Humanity.

>You dig a bit of a hole with your foot and plant the lead pipe straight into the pile of trash.
>...something smolders. You feel something stir. Seems like it's working...?
>You extend a hand and try to release some Humanity, but...tch. This body isn't really Undead, it doesn't release or take it in as easily. Your entire body is infused with a considerable amount though, so if you offered a piece of body...
>A finger would probably be enough. Who knows if you could use some Souls to reform it, as you could before.
>So many things to learn, so many risks to take.
>Troublesome.
Sugoiiii~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2012, 03:16:41 PM »
>What about a few chunks of hair? Surely that would be enough.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »
>What about a few chunks of hair? Surely that would be enough.

>Probably a better idea. You slip the tip of your sword out of your finger, cut off some hair, and drop it onto the makeshift Bonfire.
>Fire erupts. It's the ephemeral flame you're so used to, cold yet somehow warming to see-
>And in a second it dies.
>Tch. Not enough Humanity in your hair.

>Now that you think about it, the first Fire Keeper you met was missing her feet and tongue. Poor Anastacia didn't deserve what Lautrec did to her...you righted that, at least.
Sugoiiii~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »
>Too much risk to use a part of ourselves just yet, we'll have to confirm if we'd even be able to regenerate first.
>Looks like running into that fellow again would be our only option as of yet. 'She' might know, but she's in the same situation as us.
>...Come to think of it, we were going to see her, weren't we? Crap. Isn't polite to keep a lady waiting after all.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:36 PM »
>...Come to think of it, we were going to see her, weren't we? Crap. Isn't polite to keep a lady waiting after all.
Not really. We just kinda went for a walk to think things through.

> Did our regenerative powers work for cuts?  If so, try drawing blood on one of our fingers and see if it heals quickly.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2012, 12:04:46 AM »
Not really. We just kinda went for a walk to think things through.

> Did our regenerative powers work for cuts?  If so, try drawing blood on one of our fingers and see if it heals quickly.

>It certainly worked when that knife wielding butler psycho slashed open your left arm.
>You prick your left finger just in case, and are relieved to see a flood of souls escape, leaving an unblemished finger behind.
>...Not really any considerable drain.
Sugoiiii~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2012, 12:13:13 AM »
>....Still too risky to use a finger though, we still don't know the full extent of what we can do on this side.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2012, 12:30:15 AM »
>....Still too risky to use a finger though, we still don't know the full extent of what we can do on this side.
Agreed.

> Give up for now. Hopefully we'll get some answers eventually, but lets walk around a little more.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2012, 02:09:53 AM »
> Give up for now. Hopefully we'll get some answers eventually, but lets walk around a little more.

>Right. No point in just sticking around wondering what the hell is going on.
>You retract the tip of your sword back into your and leave. The unlit Bonfire will still be there next time you come; you have a pretty good feeling about that.
>Where to now, you wonder? No where in particular you need to be.
>Your phone vibrates once. A text. You check it and see that it'd be nice if you could pick up some garlic on the way home.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2012, 02:53:05 AM »
> Well might as well head for the grocery store then.
> Look around and mull a little over what kinds of things have changed since we've been "away".

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2012, 07:37:56 AM »
> Well might as well head for the grocery store then.
> Look around and mull a little over what kinds of things have changed since we've been "away".

>Another day, another quest.
>To be honest, really not a whole lot. Everything's pretty similar to the way you left it, but that's different enough.
>Someone comes around the corner and you really have to refrain from wincing. Someone comes by in a bicycle and you get a horrid flashback to the bonewheel skeletons in the Catacombs and Ariamis. Dogs...ugh, don't mention the dogs. Firebreathing dogs from Blighttown, bloodthirsty ones in the Undead Burg...
>This place hasn't really changed at all. It's just you.

>Food...food is sort of a novelty. You need it now; never did in Lordran. But at the same time it takes a really long while for you to actually become hungry.
>You slip a can of soda and some other snacks into the basket. Skirmishing with that...guy...made you a little hungrier.
>As you stand in line to the cashier, your eyes widen as something alerts you, a phantom indicator you haven't seen in all too short of a time.

>...Dark Spirit ----- has Invaded!
>----

>What the-?! How many?!
>Invaders. In the search for Humanity to keep one sane, many of the Chosen Undead (yourself no exception) resorted to attacking others in different timelines to take theirs. But as time passed, sometimes you'd all just invade to see another face.
>Regardless, the timelines of Lordran could only ever keep two invaders stable at any time; for this many to appear, something must be...
>Invaders always popped in at the most inopportune times, but this really takes the cake!
>No one in the store reacts. Not here, somewhere else...
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »
> Keep an eye out as we pay for the stuff and then get out of there.