Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline is now open for beta testing! (NEW UPDATE 1/24/2011)  (Read 72495 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: HatOnline is now open for beta testing!
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2011, 04:30:26 AM »
Features in progress:
  • Larger clothing palette selection
  • Custom hairstyles
  • Cash shop updates to include newest headgear
  • Stat reset NPC

:getdown:

YEAH! Party party party :getdown:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2011, 04:39:47 AM »
Stat reset is going to be implemented on a sliding scale, 10mil for first reset, 20 for second, etc, going up exponentially.  This is meant to be a one-time service to fix a build messup or to respec for a different role.  It's not meant to be a replacement for making alts.

With the rates are, it's still easier to make a throwaway alt to leech pure forger/potter builds rather than get them up with a battle build then stat/skill reset for crafting.  Really the idea is to allow people to fix bad builds, or to make major role changes like say switch from Spear LK to 2H Parry LK.  Or when PvP starts up, allow people to reroll their PvE characters to WoE/PvP builds without having to start all over again.

As for headgear, there's no longer a concern about them being "OP".  The standard right now is to make our cash shop match iRO's cash shop (with exceptions like no Battle Field Manuals, adventure packs, etc).  Obviously really good headgear will be priced accordingly, so don't be surprised if you see some hats costing upwards of 5mil.

@mail will be removed as soon as I can implement an item to replicate its functionality.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:42:29 AM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2011, 04:53:10 AM »
New login screen <3

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2011, 04:59:01 AM »
Is that also the login screen for the official kRO? (kind of obvious, I know, but asking for clarifications. >.<)

If so, then ilu~<3 >w<

Also if it is, will HatOnline be following the next kRO Login Screens? Because that's just more ~<3 from me. ?D
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2011, 05:07:54 AM »
I'll try to keep our client at kRO GRFs for the most part, depending on if it breaks things or not.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2011, 09:32:02 AM »
These are the some of the most sensible updates so far. I like the expensive scaling stat reset. While I myself always thought that not having a stat reset NPC is incredibly stupid, I always agreed on that if there's one, it should be super expensive. (Like on that first server I've played on, with 1/1/1 rates. Not to mention, it's kind of a relief for new players, who don't know that much about builds and such, and a relief to those who like to use a "grind build" for leveling.)

Keeping updated with the newest patches is also a very good thing, most private servers don't tend to do that, what is quite the fail.

With these, I even considering joining some time in the future. Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:33:57 AM by Just Simply Solais »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
HatOnline
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2011, 09:47:30 AM »
Alright! Now this sounds good. Thanks for the effort.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »
These are the some of the most sensible updates so far. I like the expensive scaling stat reset. While I myself always thought that not having a stat reset NPC is incredibly stupid, I always agreed on that if there's one, it should be super expensive. (Like on that first server I've played on, with 1/1/1 rates. Not to mention, it's kind of a relief for new players, who don't know that much about builds and such, and a relief to those who like to use a "grind build" for leveling.)

Keeping updated with the newest patches is also a very good thing, most private servers don't tend to do that, what is quite the fail.

With these, I even considering joining some time in the future. Keep up the great work!
Well to be honest 10mil isn't that hard to get, but it is significant enough of an effort to make it more than just an automatic decision.  Skill resets aren't really as big of a deal mostly because changing skillsets rarely changes your build that drastically.  Like if I skill reset my SBK Sin it won't be a very good DD Sin (although it'd make a decent SBlow/Katar Sin).  You can't go from a battle build to a pure crafter with just skills.

As for keeping content up to date, we're still not adding new world content for the time being.  eAthena doesn't support it on the stable branch and the mob changes to the old world would be a massive upheaval without third jobs.  This is merely to keep up to date with things like hats and so forth (and to steal the current kRO login screen).

A patcher client is in the works.  I already have the infrastructure to push incremental updates now.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2011, 03:55:21 PM »
So the New World isn't even in Stable release? Then it's understandable if you don't add it. I worked with trunk before, it's a mess.

My main thing with keeping the kRO client updated is that if people don't update regularly, there is a kind of bug that will keep popping up and crashes the patcher. Happened to me before when I haven't updated for a year, and that's why I always keep a RO version updated on my PC, even if I don't play it for years. Keeping the client/server updated kinda forces the players to update, I guess.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
Renewal is split off on its own branch and then there's an unsupported addon pack called 3CeAM that's basically eAthena but focused on keeping parity with Renewal.  Trunk/stable still has the pre-renewal mobs/skill setups.

We're using trunk but I try to stay a few revisions behind unless something major pops up.  They just now released hexes for the new (newer than 7/30/2010 lol) clients but unfortunately there's been a packet change so I can't use them yet.  As soon as support pops up on trunk I'll update to it.

I'm putting together our own patcher infrastructure.  I'll maintain a client up to kRO latest and make patches based off of that.  There will be two patches I'll release, a cumulative patch from Ragray 7-30 to current, and then incremental patches.  If you're a few patches behind the patcher will be able to catch you up.  The cumulative is so we're not wasting a bunch of bandwidth pushing 10-15 patches when I can just merge it down to one.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:09:06 PM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2011, 06:00:42 PM »
That's quite the idea, never seen it done before. Though I guess eAthena changed a lot since I last used it 3 years ago. From what I've seen, the main stuff is still the same, but somehow it seems cleaner, yet full of new things. I believed that Renewal will replace the old one eventually. I guess not everyone likes the change? Not that the Renewal is still finished on kRO, they're preparing for the "second phase" what is mainly fixing all the bugs.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
The problem with renewal is they redid a lot of the old mobs to match the new 3rd jobs, which aren't stable yet.  So it doesn't make sense to push the renewal mobs until those are ready for production.

3CeAM is really for people who are too impatient to wait for them to be stable and want them hacked in NOW.  eA will eventually update to renewal, and maintain a separate "classic" branch for people who don't want it.  If anything we'll probably have our own custom eA build depending on what we decide we want to fix (like position lag and buggy firewall behavior oh god).

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2011, 05:51:11 AM »
OP updated with new client package and installation instructions~

You don't have to update but if you are having ANY problems please try reinstalling using the new instructions and files.  Current installations are now depreciated and will not be supported.  I will make the update mandatory as soon as I get a patching client together.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:13:19 AM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2011, 06:38:21 AM »
MD5 of patched files:
D0502D0EF58046FF2FA3F7D3870C4B85 data.grf
25A38E3048ADB6A479817347C499EAE7 rdata.grf
6E5C2076229CD97DD8EC70E1535F5B4E HatOnline.exe
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:00:59 AM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2011, 06:55:36 AM »
Oh yeah, you may get a wrong password error, this is fine.  It's actually the "right" hash now.  Just let me know and I'll update it.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2011, 06:59:15 AM »
Oops found a small bug, new client exe uploaded.  The patch is fine, just download this and extract on top of it if you've already used the old one.

Hash of "proper" HatOnline.exe
6E5C2076229CD97DD8EC70E1535F5B4E
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:04:32 AM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2011, 01:17:41 PM »
I did the update, and got an "incorrect username and/or password" error. Thinking there was some conflict in the patching, I went ahead and did a clean reinstall using the new patches.  Same outcome.

Am I doing something wrong here? And what's this "Hash" thing about? I'm afraid you've lost me there.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2011, 01:51:31 PM »
I did the update, and got an "incorrect username and/or password" error. Thinking there was some conflict in the patching, I went ahead and did a clean reinstall using the new patches.  Same outcome.

Am I doing something wrong here? And what's this "Hash" thing about? I'm afraid you've lost me there.
Oh yeah, you may get a wrong password error, this is fine.  It's actually the "right" hash now.  Just let me know and I'll update it.
Server-side all passwords are stored in an encrypted hash form for better security.  The original client I launched HatOnline with, for whatever reason, inserted random characters into the password string so when it was hashed it was different than the hash you would have gotten with just your password.  Normally this isn't a problem but it did it inconsistently, it would randomly decide to send the "right" password (or wrong, depends on whatever mood its in), and thusly you'd get locked out of your account.

I rebuilt the client EXE and it looks to have solved it (as it sends the right hash now), problem is a lot of people would have registered with the bad hash and not realized it until now.  You're not doing anything wrong, it's just fixing the issue (hopefully for good).  Just let me know your login name (PM preferrably) and I'll look through the server logs and update your password to reflect what your client is sending.

Tengukami

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2011, 09:19:15 PM »
Got the updated version installed and running flawlessly on this distro. I really like the new graphics. Thanks again for putting this all together.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
HatOnline update! (1/24/2011)
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2011, 05:24:40 PM »
New patch, this is mandatory.

Incremental patch from 1/17 client
Use this if you've already updated to the most recent client package.  If you followed the installation instructions listed after 1/17, this is what you need.

Full patch from clean install
Use this if you haven't updated yet or want to start from a clean install.  Follow the instructions in the OP for installing from scratch.

If you do not update you will experience crashes or error messages.  Items are in circulation that were just added in the latest GRF update (specifically Rikter's Abysmal Knight hat).

A patching client is in the works to make this a lot less painful.  Should have it done this week.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:44:08 PM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: HatOnline is now open for beta testing! (NEW UPDATE 1/24/2011)
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2011, 05:21:12 AM »
HatOnline has a dedicated IRC channel now!

#hathathat on irc.ppirc.net
http://webchat.ppirc.net/?channels=hathathat

Tengukami

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »
Patching up on Linux went flawlessly. Thanks for the update.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2011, 03:07:28 PM »
#hathathat on irc.ppirc.net
http://webchat.ppirc.net/?channels=hathathat

Every time I see this channel name, I am reminded of Mr. Clete from Soul Music.

Hat.  Hat.  Hat.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2011, 12:58:55 AM »
So I joined the game and I was wondering what hats are there to choose from?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2011, 01:07:21 AM »
Any hat for the most part.  We reserve the right to deny a hat request if it's determined to be overpowered and/or not working.

Just search through the hat listings on RateMyServer and pick whatever suits you.  Be aware a lot of the 54xx ID hats may not be in our client.

« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2011, 06:40:33 AM »
I just signed up, I don't have time to play right now but I'll see you all in game later. Thanks for hosting this TSO.

I named my character Weiss, I just received Arcana Heart 3 so it influenced me. :3

Lunaca

• NOT a "Main Character"
  • I SHALL NEVER ACCEPT IT!!!
Re: [RO] HatOnline is now open for beta testing! (NEW UPDATE 1/24/2011)
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »
cool an RO server its been a while...
since im new here i might as well try this out
so anything seemingly unique about this serv
The "Bystander" of #dots-meido with a curious lack of "meido"

atoms2ashes

• I am lame, and I shall not be forced to become otherwise.
  • Fresco makes everything better.
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2011, 02:03:09 PM »
If you gain a certain amount of players, will you promise to give us a Reimu Ribbon and Marisa Hat?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »
If you can get me sprites for such a thing maybe.  I'm not exactly an artist.  I know how to add such things though.

I dunno, if people are interested I may be coaxed into updating the server to latest GRF content and doing a reset.  I've been kind of interested in going at it again, we didn't really get anywhere.  Guess it's up to you guys to see how many people would be willing to play.  Unfortunately my interest in MMOs comes and goes in spurts, and my lack of interest coincided with a lot of people taking extended breaks for school/etc.