Author Topic: Daiyousei Quest - Greater Fairy: Part 28  (Read 70789 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: Daiyousei Quest - Greater Fairy: Part 28
« Reply #720 on: March 10, 2017, 11:52:28 AM »
//Correction, that is the manifestation that Kilga has you are talking about, Prime doesn't have or want anything to do with those experiments.

//I quite knew this was already coming with Ran not wanting these but Kilga doing them anyways, plus he even went to defy Yukari by making those changes undoablewl while trying to convince Ran to keep them for his interest at the same time.

//Now i point it out, if you do take the "i was sleeping." Course of action, you will reveal to her that we are now capable of masking ALL aspects of when we are fused with someone and also capable of making your work irreversible, which needless to say would make A LOT of people suspicious and paranoid about us, i'm sorry but until those things are addressed properly i will not agree with any courses of action.

//I really wanted to ask to stop, but Kilga would have just come up with some excuse, out of all this quest, only ONCE has he given up on his plans with experimentation and such.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #721 on: March 10, 2017, 12:11:14 PM »
//Nazgul, I urge you to stop trying to "Crack Down" on Kilga. His actions are in line with the game.
No.
You need to stop and be okay with this. I can't correctly convey things right now, but I know I'm getting this resolved soon.
I could try to explain like how the interests Kilga has done have been with Daiyousei since the beginning, so they're not out of place or something else to convince you, but it's still down to this:

These actions will continue, as they have in the roots before.
Nazgul, tell me as soon as you can whether you're okay with this or not. Then, we can continue towards the actual problem.

I want to know how you others feel about Kilga's actions too. Are you opposed to what Nazgul thinks, or do you agree with it? In detail, if you could spare the time.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:32:59 PM by Miniking »

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #722 on: March 10, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »
//I was originally going to approve kilga's cleanup attempt, but Mini's response only served to heighten my skepticism of it, so I am not willing to approve of that course of action, at least not in the current manner it's described.

//This appears to be a misunderstanding of the situation; the parser's response to the post was because the situation calls for input and agreement from everyone, not because it's a bad idea. This was confirmed in the following exchange:

> You feel uncertain, as if you need to reassure yourself.
>_

> Uh, is that an actual parsing, or just a response to the request to hold off? <_<

//Actual parsing will be unavailable until all participating players can achieve an agreement.

//So that message was in response to the request to hold off, and was not a not-so-subtle suggestion that the idea is crap and something else should be attempted? Because that makes a large difference in how I'm approaching the situation.

//Uncertain and reassurance. You cannot perform an action unless participating players agree on it. No idea is a bad idea. Even a horrendously terrible one that would, in no way, lead to anything good, will be parsed if all participating players agree on it.

//I have nothing in particular to say to the rest of your post, since it would lead the game down a needlessly distracting tangent and I imagine you aren't/weren't actually expecting or desiring a response anyway. Whether a punishment is appropriate or not is up to the rest of the staff; I would recuse myself on such a decision, since I am actively involved.

---

//Now i point it out, if you do take the "i was sleeping." Course of action, you will reveal to her that we are now capable of masking ALL aspects of when we are fused with someone and also capable of making your work irreversible, which needless to say would make A LOT of people suspicious and paranoid about us, i'm sorry but until those things are addressed properly i will not agree with any courses of action.

//This is doable by making the undetectability spell togglable (that is, made so we can conveniently turn it off and on on command) and turning it off whenever we're awake while keeping it on while we're asleep (or pretending to be asleep). It should be no trouble to turn it off after pretending to wake up and then subconsciously prodding Yukari to check again.

//That being said, as I stated before, I am open to alternate possibilities (and even suggested one myself!). I realize that I should probably be doing the most work to fix this situation since I'm at fault, but it would be appreciated if at least one other person put forth an idea of their own instead of discussing why any given suggestion of mine is not a good idea. <_<
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:23:55 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #723 on: March 10, 2017, 02:48:19 PM »
//Hm, that seems plausible to work... but will she fall for it ? I doubt she will just accept it without investigating...

//What about making Yukari think about the possibility of Daiyousei being asleep before having her "wake up" ?

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #724 on: March 10, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »
//I want to know how you others feel about Kilga's actions too. Are you opposed to what Nazgul thinks, or do you agree with it? In detail, if you could spare the time.
//Okay, I guess we'll just consider this another time then.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #725 on: March 10, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »
//I was writing a long post... but eh. I pass.

//I personally was expecting this to become a long discussion when I went to sleep... I'm surprised (and glad) that it didn't ended like that (not entirely, like other times). I hope it keeps like this for the rest of this Quest... I hope.

//Concerning the game (AKA as the most important thing here): Like Mini said, everything we do has their own consequences, good and bad. It's usual to expect this things to happen in the games of this style, and yes, it can be infuriating and we have the urge to point at everyone who did the disastrous thing... but...

> You have a calamitous feeling...

//This... This needs a cool head.

//I don't think this is irreversible, but you want to know what this is? It can be reversed, but if we mess up, I'm 100% sure that this is a bad ending. We have to think more about this and less about fighting against each other.

===

I want to know how you others feel about Kilga's actions too. Are you opposed to what Nazgul thinks, or do you agree with it? In detail, if you could spare the time.

//Welp...

//Kilga: When I started to read this Quest from scratch, Kilga's... "peculiar" actions with the characters can be seen in a bad way for those that aren't familiar with them. I include myself in that, but I started to not mind them at all when I kept reading. I even laugh when Kilga pulls out something of the sort that is hilarious.
I have to note, however, that sometimes he can get carried away by those actions, not taking so seriously the consequences. This isn't anymore a fact of me (Tashi) not being morally attached to his actions or such things. This is a fact of the NPC's not wanting to do something weird he's pulling off, yet he still pulls it anyways. He and I were confident that Yukari wasn't going to take action about this matter.

//Nazgul: What I disagree with you is your way of expressing yourself so... drastic. Although, as I said, the bad decisions that other players make can annoy someone, I do not consider it necessary that you have to throw this kind of thing. I understand that you are upset, but please, instead of throwing the rage, let's calm down. For the sake of the game not becoming Argument Quest. This is only going to worsen the situation (both in-game and off-game).

===

//Hm, that seems plausible to work... but will she fall for it ? I doubt she will just accept it without investigating...

//What about making Yukari think about the possibility of Daiyousei being asleep before having her "wake up" ?

//I don't trust Yukari dropping the topic so quickly.

//MAYBE that can work... But I really can't think of in something...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:55:50 PM by Tashi »
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #726 on: March 10, 2017, 03:39:46 PM »
//Nazgul: What I disagree with you is your way of expressing yourself so... drastic. Although, as I said, the bad decisions that other players make can annoy someone, I do not consider it necessary that you have to throw this kind of thing. I understand that you are upset, but please, instead of throwing the rage, let's calm down. For the sake of the game not becoming Argument Quest. This is only going to worsen the situation (both in-game and off-game).
//I'm sorry for being so drastic... I had just gotten back from an exam and I was really stressed an frustrated that all our efforts were undermined by a single action that was warned against by the NPC and two players prior (Raf and I both cautioned him against provoking Yukari a while ago iirc.)... And that it could've been easily preventable if it wasn't for that fact that it was done at a time where we literally had no chance to countermand...

//...I still say we need that rule, or a variant of it, because shit like this is proof that the current rules regarding parsing are VERY flawed...

Whether a punishment is appropriate or not is up to the rest of the staff;
// D:
//D-Did you report me!? I was unaware I was violating any rules...

//Nazgul, I urge you to stop trying to "Crack Down" on Kilga. His actions are in line with the game.
No.
You need to stop and be okay with this. I can't correctly convey things right now, but I know I'm getting this resolved soon.
I could try to explain like how the interests Kilga has done have been with Daiyousei since the beginning, so they're not out of place or something else to convince you, but it's still down to this:

These actions will continue, as they have in the roots before.
Nazgul, tell me as soon as you can whether you're okay with this or not. Then, we can continue towards the actual problem.
//Being in line with the game and being in line with the playerbase's desires are different things. Sure, I agree it can be funny sometimes, but that's about it...

//And I know they will continue, and I guess I have no choice but to accept that... (Especially with this subtle threat, and Kilga reporting me >_>)

//I... I just don't want him getting away scot-free for destroying our efforts like that... I have not stuck with this quest for so long to see it end in a less-than-ideal ending... You have no idea how upsetting this feels...

//Anyway, I'm running a little late. I'll be able to pop in and read a bit, but I won't be able to post for a while.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #727 on: March 10, 2017, 04:48:15 PM »
//I'm sorry for being so drastic... I had just gotten back from an exam and I was really stressed an frustrated that all our efforts were undermined by a single action that was warned against by the NPC and two players prior (Raf and I both cautioned him against provoking Yukari a while ago iirc.)... And that it could've been easily preventable if it wasn't for that fact that it was done at a time where we literally had no chance to countermand...

//...I still say we need that rule, or a variant of it, because shit like this is proof that the current rules regarding parsing are VERY flawed...
//Ah yes, very flawed. My parsing ways are very flawed indeed. Letting people post as quickly as they can for their benefit, as well as stopping advancement when a situation gets clearly bad (or even before it), and implementing a warning system into Daiyousei herself, is very flawed.
If everyone wants me to change my parsing method, it'll be changed. But I can tell you, it won't be for the better. The warning would be lost, for one, and you would need to rely on others for paranoia and hoping one of you can tell what's wrong and how to avoid it.
I need to stop letting myself get pushed around, because this is how I parse, and I really enjoy such a method as opposed to waiting in this sort of quest. Even if everyone recommends it, I'm likely not changing it. They're my "VERY flawed" rules, I am the GM, and it has been like this for the whole quest. You can ask others to wait, but it's their choice and mine if I decide it's important enough to wait for.
// D:
//D-Did you report me!? I was unaware I was violating any rules...
//I doubt it, but you have been, in my eyes, harassing another player. Previous OOC like this and saying you'll be "cracking down" on him have been more than enough to convince me of this.
//I... I just don't want him getting away scot-free for destroying our efforts like that... I have not stuck with this quest for so long to see it end in a less-than-ideal ending... You have no idea how upsetting this feels...
//And again, I'm pretty sure "destroying our efforts" has not been intentional. It's not severe enough for a significant punishment in this sort of game.
If anything I'd punish you for this OOC behavior. A reason I haven't yet is because you're human, and people get stressed. You just seriously need to calm down beforehand and stop expressing so much like this in here. Kilga's not hellbent on damning this quest. I'm pretty sure no one is. So you need to stop acting like he is.
If you need time to calm down and find a moment to speak, ask, then I could probably try to delay things for that (if it's an important moment). The only things I've seen that I'd get really upset about if I were playing, would be Crushing Lily's Hands (But that was a mistake, so I'd have to calm myself for that), Sumireko vs Koa's situation (Which really should've been considered more), and probably a couple of other older things, like Shinny's growth too far.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #728 on: March 10, 2017, 04:52:08 PM »
(Things have been cleaned up a little, Nazgul is taking a week's vacation now. Please carry on!)

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #729 on: March 10, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »
//So does that mean i will have to care for his side of the bill ? That will be a handful....

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #730 on: March 10, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
//Sadly, things went like this... I was really hoping that everything went okay for everyone...

//Hopefully, this'll be a lesson for all of us.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #731 on: March 10, 2017, 05:34:07 PM »
//W-Well... back to the topic, does anyone have considerations about previously stated choices, or even new ones?

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #732 on: March 10, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »
//Not really... although thanks to this i do want Kilga to completely drop off with doing these things with Ran at least, there is no fooling around with Yukari and the only way to get rid of her it to kill her or strip her of her abilities, which is something that Daiyousei would NEVER EVER do and that would put her in an even tougher spot.

//However there is still the issue of dealing with how Yukari might react about the irreversible changes Kilga did, how do we deal with them ?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #733 on: March 10, 2017, 05:51:41 PM »
//My apologies for the mess, everyone.

//To get this back on track, I think we can combine ideas, particularly my "pretend to just wake up" and Raf's "make Yukari consider that we're still asleep". Another thought I had was to keep Ran distracted by having her thoughts focus on what just happened. Given she thoroughly enjoyed what Yukari did, I think having her dwell on it will mollify her at least a bit.

//I admit that I cannot 100% guarantee that the "toggle our undetectability" plan will fool Yukari, but if we're going to pretend to wake up, I think it's our best shot by far. We may be able to use the fact that we didn't respond to Yukari's initial request/threat to our advantage; I think Yukari will be likely to buy that we didn't respond to her due to being asleep because I'm pretty sure she knows how terrified we are of her. If pressed, we can claim something like that we can shut the sensation off when we're sleeping so as to not distract our host and make them think we're still around (and try to talk to us and stuff). Note that, if Yukari attempts to feel for us again sooner than anticipated, we can add a contingency that stops time before Yukari actually touches Ran that allows us to demask ourselves.

//With all of this, my proposed commands are below. Please look them over and make sure I've covered all of our bases and haven't forgotten anything important.

> Please do not parse the below without communal approval.

YukaBug (F):

> Though...maybe she's just asleep? That would explain why she didn't respond...

RanBug:

> (F) Was that an effect of what Daiyousei did to me...?
> Let go of the prepared extra-arms spell and begin preparing a spell that would allow us to turn our undetectability on or off as we will it.
> Yawn with our left head.
> Begin speaking with our own voice.
> "Mmmmmm...uh?"
> Look at Yukari, then at our middle head, then at Yukari again.
> "Oh, good morning, Miss Yukari, Miss Ran. How are you?"
> Contingency: If we see Yukari reach toward Ran's chest, stop time.

//Also!

//However there is still the issue of dealing with how Yukari might react about the irreversible changes Kilga did, how do we deal with them ?

//If Yukari asks us to remove them (and Ran confirms she wants them gone after Yukari's request), then they're gone. With some pouting thrown in, but such is life. No biggie. Don't forget that the permanence spell was designed so that we could still undo them. :V
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:20:18 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #734 on: March 10, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »
//How about make it so that we are slowly stirring away instead ? It will look more believable.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #735 on: March 10, 2017, 06:56:35 PM »
//That is the purpose of this part:

RanBug:

> Yawn with our left head.
> "Mmmmmm...uh?"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #736 on: March 10, 2017, 06:57:42 PM »
//Yet wouldn't you also apply influence over Ran's other limbs ? Like stretching arms and such.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #737 on: March 10, 2017, 06:58:47 PM »
//Currently, I don't see so much problems (mainly because we don't have that many options). I am, however, a bit busy, so I might not be too focused in this.

//Also, make sure to make the appropiate facial expressions of someone that just woke up.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #738 on: March 10, 2017, 07:03:29 PM »
//Ah, I see what you mean. I will include this! And the face thing. The updated commands are below.

YukaBug (F):

> Though...maybe she's just asleep? That would explain why she didn't respond...

RanBug:

> Let go of the prepared extra-arms spell and begin preparing a spell that would allow us to turn our undetectability on or off as we will it.
> Yawn with our left head and stretch our top/original pair of arms out, as if we are just waking up. Make the appropriate waking-up facial expressions as well.
> "Mmmmmm...uh?"
> Look at Yukari, then at our middle head, then at Yukari again. Improve our expression to a more awake one.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #739 on: March 10, 2017, 07:37:54 PM »
//Sleepy voice too?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #740 on: March 10, 2017, 08:55:47 PM »
//That is the purpose of this part:

> "Mmmmmm...uh?"

//Would you prefer it specified? I sort of assumed the dialogue would imply sleepy-voice, but you can specify sleepy-voice if you want.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #741 on: March 11, 2017, 12:29:04 AM »
//I would like everything to make it more believable be specified. I just want to make sure things go well.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #742 on: March 11, 2017, 12:31:15 AM »
//Also, what about the heads ? It would be weird to just have one of Ran's heads start acting out of the blue... should we start talking inside Ran's mind first ?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #743 on: March 11, 2017, 04:36:41 AM »
//Modified again. I don't think it would be a good idea to start inside Ran's mind, though, because (a) all the talking we've done to her has been out loud, and (b) Yukari, who we need to mollify most immediately, won't hear it. If they ask about us using the left head, we can claim we didn't want to bother Ran by using her original head anymore if we could avoid it.

YukaBug (F):

RanBug:

> Yawn with our left head and stretch our top/original pair of arms out, as if we are just waking up. Make the appropriate waking-up facial expressions as well.
> Begin speaking with our own voice, talking in a half-asleep tone.
> "Mmmmmm...uh?"
> Look at Yukari, then at our middle head, then at Yukari again. Improve our expression and tone to more awake ones.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #744 on: March 11, 2017, 10:29:01 AM »
//Let's see...

> Sleepy voice? Check.
> Sleepy face? Check.
> Stretching arms? Check.
> Yawning? Check.
> Progressively more awake? Check.
> Casual as if anything is happening? Check.

//Anything else?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #745 on: March 11, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
//Don't think so. Just waiting for Raf at this point.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #746 on: March 11, 2017, 05:08:13 PM »
//Hmm... maybe check how the heads are ? The head we pick should have natural movements that one would have while waking up.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #747 on: March 11, 2017, 07:04:33 PM »
//I don't think left versus right really makes a difference, but we can add a natural head motions command. It would be good if you could confirm that that's the last concern, though, so we can get on with things. This has already taken over 36 hours. If there's anything else, please lay out absolutely everything you can think of so it can addressed all at once.

//Can't really copy/paste well on my phone, so...

RanBug:

> In addition to other commands, make sure to make natural waking-up motions with our head (the left head).

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #748 on: March 11, 2017, 07:05:08 PM »
//Yeah, i think this is my last concern.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #749 on: March 11, 2017, 07:06:00 PM »
//Okey-doke! That's everyone, so...

> Go ahead and parse the commands.