Author Topic: Vendor Quest 2! Keep On Shopkeeping! (Now with a map)  (Read 135846 times)

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
Re: Vendor Quest 2! Keep On Shopkeeping! (Now with a map)
« Reply #750 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »
>eavesdrop first

Mokou Fan

« Reply #751 on: January 19, 2011, 04:31:04 PM »
>eavesdrop first

>You put your ear to the door to eavesdrop, but it's pretty easy with all the yelling.
>"... HERE YOU WATER DEMON! OR I WILL BEAT YOU WITH THIS SHOVEL!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #752 on: January 19, 2011, 04:32:41 PM »
>Assume unamused face.
>Open door.
>Walk in and observe the situation. Try to have that gravity of presence that brings conversations to a halt.

« Reply #753 on: January 19, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
>Assume unamused face.
>Open door.
>Walk in and observe the situation. Try to have that gravity of presence that brings conversations to a halt.

>Vendor is not amused.
>You walk in the door to find Rizune cowering in a corner with a bloody nose while Rook stands a few yards away from her, holding the shovel in a striking position. Tear is between them with her hands held out trying to calm Rook down.
>While Rook continues to yell, Tear looks over at you. "He's gone bonkers!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #754 on: January 19, 2011, 05:16:33 PM »
>"Rook. Put the shovel down."

« Reply #755 on: January 19, 2011, 11:17:47 PM »
>"Rook. Put the shovel down."

>He stops his yelling long enough to turn his head and look at you. "NO! I am not going to even live near this water demon! I will make sure that she doesn't try anything ever again!"
>Rizune cowers into the corner even more and starts shaking.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #756 on: January 19, 2011, 11:20:32 PM »
>"She won't do something like that again."

>Walk over to Rizune, and try to calm her. Check her nose first though.

« Reply #757 on: January 19, 2011, 11:23:33 PM »
>"She won't do something like that again."

>Walk over to Rizune, and try to calm her. Check her nose first though.

>"I'll make sure of that!"
>You attempt to walk over to Rizune, but Rook sticks the shovel in your way, blocking the path.
>"I am going to do this. Don't try to talk me out of it."

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #758 on: January 19, 2011, 11:26:03 PM »
>"Calm down, Rook."

>Try to take the shovel away from him.

« Reply #759 on: January 19, 2011, 11:27:54 PM »
>"Calm down, Rook."

>Try to take the shovel away from him.

>You attempt to take the shovel away, but when you grab onto it, he pushes so you land backwards on your rear. And it sorta hurts.
>"I WILL do this."
>Tear seems to have disappeared, but Rook doesn't notice.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #760 on: January 19, 2011, 11:30:44 PM »
>Think of a way to stop Rook without involving violence.

>If he attacks her again, grab the shovel.

« Reply #761 on: January 19, 2011, 11:36:00 PM »
>Think of a way to stop Rook without involving violence.

>If he attacks her again, grab the shovel.

>You're the one who kinda needs to think of that.
>Right now, Rook is just staring you down.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #762 on: January 19, 2011, 11:38:08 PM »
>"Then get the hell out of my house."

« Reply #763 on: January 19, 2011, 11:42:54 PM »
>"Then get the hell out of my house."

>"You don't understand. Where I come from, when someone tries to kill you, you make sure that they never get the chance again. That is what you need to do to survive. I struggled every day of my life to survive, and I'm not about to let this demon get another chance."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #764 on: January 19, 2011, 11:45:29 PM »
>"What I understand is that you're about to commit an atrocity under my roof, and if you're gonna be doing that, you ain't living here no more and I never wanna see you again. I thought you were better than this. Put the damn shovel down and let's talk this out like decent people."

« Reply #765 on: January 19, 2011, 11:52:18 PM »
>"What I understand is that you're about to commit an atrocity under my roof, and if you're gonna be doing that, you ain't living here no more and I never wanna see you again. I thought you were better than this. Put the damn shovel down and let's talk this out like decent people."

>He glares resentfully at you before retracting the shovel and plunging it in the ground, wedging it in the wood.
>"Let's talk," he says with a cold voice.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #766 on: January 19, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »
>"That's the man I'm proud to call my friend. Now, you're telling me about the law of the streets and stuff. Why were you even on the streets to begin with? Answer me that, why was anyone on the streets?"

« Reply #767 on: January 20, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »
>"That's the man I'm proud to call my friend. Now, you're telling me about the law of the streets and stuff. Why were you even on the streets to begin with? Answer me that, why was anyone on the streets?"

>He gives a glare at Rizune, who's stopped moving, and looks back at you.
>"I wasn't always homeless. My earliest memories were ones in a house. Then for some reason, my family and many others lost our homes and we were forced to live in the streets. My parents passed shortly after that and I kept my existence by thievery and begging."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #768 on: January 20, 2011, 12:23:36 AM »
>"And the rest of them? Do you think anyone was there because they wanted to be, living by that law you just told me about?"
>"I'll tell you why you're there. That bastard what runs the town is why. Rather than using his wealth to try to help things grow, he just takes and leverages and forces people out in the streets when it's convenient. Kill or be killed? Every time you're doing that, all you're doing is what that sack of shit wants. Because when you're fighting each other, you're not fighting him; he doesn't even have to pay for that safety!"

« Reply #769 on: January 20, 2011, 12:27:32 AM »
>"And the rest of them? Do you think anyone was there because they wanted to be, living by that law you just told me about?"
>"I'll tell you why you're there. That bastard what runs the town is why. Rather than using his wealth to try to help things grow, he just takes and leverages and forces people out in the streets when it's convenient. Kill or be killed? Every time you're doing that, all you're doing is what that sack of shit wants. Because when you're fighting each other, you're not fighting him; he doesn't even have to pay for that safety!"

>"No one there wanted to be there. But it was what we had to do."
>"Riiiiight. So let's just throw a revolution and embrace the wonder that is capitalism. Get real. He has the money, he gets the power, and the little people do what he wants. It's pointless to try and fight it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #770 on: January 20, 2011, 12:58:17 AM »
>"When'd I say that? I don't remember saying that. I'll thank you to listen to what I'm actually saying. But yeah, he's on his way down. That's one of my projects on the back burner. But that's neither here nor there. What I'm saying is, when people do that, he wins. They're fighting each other while he's tiptoeing in the background. Don't embrace that kind of mindset when you don't have to."

« Reply #771 on: January 20, 2011, 01:02:22 AM »
>"When'd I say that? I don't remember saying that. I'll thank you to listen to what I'm actually saying. But yeah, he's on his way down. That's one of my projects on the back burner. But that's neither here nor there. What I'm saying is, when people do that, he wins. They're fighting each other while he's tiptoeing in the background. Don't embrace that kind of mindset when you don't have to."

>"Fine."
>He lets off a big sigh.
>"And it's because of you I have this new life. I owe everything to you. I will follow you wherever you go and in whatever you do. Thank you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #772 on: January 20, 2011, 01:12:20 AM »
>"Okay, good. Now, I can't make you like Rizune, and I'm not gonna try. But, it's also not like you've totally out of nowhere with this either."
>Look to Rizune. "I want you to apologize to him, and try to explain why you did what you did. You heard his, so it's only fair. And I mean the groveling on the floor kind of apology."

« Reply #773 on: January 20, 2011, 01:33:06 AM »
>"Okay, good. Now, I can't make you like Rizune, and I'm not gonna try. But, it's also not like you've totally out of nowhere with this either."
>Look to Rizune. "I want you to apologize to him, and try to explain why you did what you did. You heard his, so it's only fair. And I mean the groveling on the floor kind of apology."

>Rook: "Hmph."
>You speak to Rizune, but when you look in the corner, she isn't there.
>Rizune is actually rummaging through the cart again, but stops and puts something back in. She turns to Rook, bows her head. and gets down on her knees.

>"I am truly sorry for what I did. I was lost and confused. I had also lost my home and tried to feel... anything. My transgression is inexcusable, and I do not expect you to forgive me, if ever. Before what I did, I was seriously considering ending my life." She gulps.
>"But now, I have a meaning again. I have a purpose. And it's because of you. I am not asking for your trust, or your friendship, but for your acceptance. I belong somewhere, and I can... feel again."
>Tears flow down her face as she says this, but Rook stares coldly.
>Rook: "Get up and fix your face."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #774 on: January 20, 2011, 02:00:25 AM »
>"Now it's your turn, Rook."

« Reply #775 on: January 20, 2011, 02:06:07 AM »
>"Now it's your turn, Rook."

>Rook: "Guhhhhh. Fine. Sorry.  I was way out of line for threatening you with the shovel. I don't trust you yet, but I am willing to work with you. And I also apologize for kicking you in the face earlier."
>Rizune looks up, nose still bloody. "No problem."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #776 on: January 20, 2011, 02:09:35 AM »
Step one complete. Next step: Get them to make out.

>"Alright. Thanks. That was big of both of you. Anyways, good news. Marisa identified what that powder was. It seems, when rubbed into the inside of a contain, any nonmystical liquid put into it will never empty from it."

« Reply #777 on: January 20, 2011, 02:12:18 AM »
>"Alright. Thanks. That was big of both of you. Anyways, good news. Marisa identified what that powder was. It seems, when rubbed into the inside of a contain, any nonmystical liquid put into it will never empty from it."

>Both of them look at you. "Wat?"
>Rook: "What should we do with it? Something like that could easily be used to make a profit."
>Rizune goes back to the cart.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #778 on: January 20, 2011, 02:34:38 AM »
>"I have a couple ideas. The thing is, I don't know how many uses of it we have. Depends on the container and such. It might a nice thing to sell to the mansion as a gift for the owner, but...I dunno. Seems kinda tawdry. What I'd like to do is get my hands on some fine wine, and apply it to that."

« Reply #779 on: January 20, 2011, 02:38:09 AM »
>"I have a couple ideas. The thing is, I don't know how many uses of it we have. Depends on the container and such. It might a nice thing to sell to the mansion as a gift for the owner, but...I dunno. Seems kinda tawdry. What I'd like to do is get my hands on some fine wine, and apply it to that."

>Rook: "Sound like a good idea."
>Rizune: "What about this?"
>She holds up a very tasteful vase. Deep red with blurred black veins and white streaks.
>"I got bored again."