Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 1st - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 169602 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 1st - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #630 on: November 19, 2010, 08:57:47 AM »
>Grass Fetishee: "The voice...voices are trying to claim it's not a vendetta. Which leads me to believe it's at least a little bit the opposite, given their track record so far. As for who could do it, if I knew, I would already have been at their doorstep."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #631 on: November 19, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »
>Grass Fetishee: "The voice...voices are trying to claim it's not a vendetta. Which leads me to believe it's at least a little bit the opposite, given their track record so far. As for who could do it, if I knew, I would already have been at their doorstep."
>The voice says "What?! I'm a single voice!"
>"Makes me wonder why you didn't visit Yukari yet. She's often the one to blame when something strange is going on in Gensokyo."
>"Can you describe the nature of these voices?"
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:46:20 AM by Romanoff Blitzer the 1st »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #632 on: November 19, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »
>Reimugetsu: "Because no one wants to visit Yukari until we have no other choice."
>Baliff: "It's a little difficult. Given how terribly they've misled me in the past, I do my best to pay it little mind. They sometimes mock me, usually it's just one voice. Other times, it tries to make me doubt righteousness further. It might have tried to goad me toward an action once, I don't remember properly."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #633 on: November 19, 2010, 10:07:42 AM »
>Reimugetsu: "Because no one wants to visit Yukari until we have no other choice."
>"Haha, you're right."

>Baliff: "It's a little difficult. Given how terribly they've misled me in the past, I do my best to pay it little mind. They sometimes mock me, usually it's just one voice. Other times, it tries to make me doubt righteousness further. It might have tried to goad me toward an action once, I don't remember properly."
>The voice says "Only one thing has been 'mocking' you all this time. I am not legion. And I don't recall attempting to make you do anything either."
>"Mmhmm. Has anything strange been happening to you other than the nightmares that may or may not have been caused by these voices?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #634 on: November 19, 2010, 10:17:56 AM »
>"It's claiming just to be one voice now, I don't know if it's true; it's diction and tone has changed in the past. And, yes..."
>Sigh, small voice.
>"It's caused me to doubt the objective justice of Higan. I...I can't carry out my duties. Things are too foggy. They're in my mind, somehow..."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #635 on: November 19, 2010, 10:29:54 AM »
>"It's claiming just to be one voice now, I don't know if it's true; it's diction and tone has changed in the past. And, yes..."
>The voice claims "I'm still the same voice, though."

>Sigh, small voice.
>The voice sighs along. "Okay, that's five, I think..."

>"It's caused me to doubt the objective justice of Higan. I...I can't carry out my duties. Things are too foggy. They're in my mind, somehow..."
>The voice comments "You'll learn that even objective justice is subjective. Morality is quite subjective, after all."
>"What parts of your duties can't you carry out?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #636 on: November 19, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »
>Yamada: Fight the urge to snap at the voice. It is a liar, pure and simple, and you've dealt with worse ones...
>"I cannot pass judgment, I begin to doubt myself when I try to, everything gets muddled..."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #637 on: November 20, 2010, 01:01:42 AM »
>Yamada: Fight the urge to snap at the voice. It is a liar, pure and simple, and you've dealt with worse ones...
>Nope, this is the worst liar (not in the sense of "bad at lying") you've ever encountered. All of the other times, you objectively knew that they were lying.

>"I cannot pass judgment, I begin to doubt myself when I try to, everything gets muddled..."
>The voice snarks "Apparently you totally forgot that the magic objects you use to do your job have been broken."
>"Do you doubt your actions throughout this day?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #638 on: November 20, 2010, 01:26:50 AM »
>Kyannold: "To some degree, but not as strongly. To a large degree, though, I have not been worrying about it, simply trying to find the truth."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #639 on: November 20, 2010, 03:33:57 AM »
>Kyannold: "To some degree, but not as strongly. To a large degree, though, I have not been worrying about it, simply trying to find the truth."
>The voice says "Not much to doubt in finding the truth. And no, this is not sarcastic."
>"Hm. Have you seen anything strange today that might have been caused by this being?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #640 on: November 20, 2010, 08:53:39 PM »
>Shiki: "A few things that could be their work. They seem to have affected Youmu, at least a little."
>Frog Fetterer: "More than a little. She lost it, pure and simple"
>Shiki: "It also seems to have affected Meiling and Sakuya to some degree; Meiling seems to have become narcoleptic, and Sakuya seems to be stabbing her a lot. Sakuya hasn't reported any nightmares, though, so they may have another way to affect her, or she simply does not recall them."

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #641 on: November 20, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »
>Shiki: "A few things that could be their work. They seem to have affected Youmu, at least a little."
>The voice says "Oh, is this about me 'having plans' for Youmu? That wasn't me. That was the parser speaking."

>Frog Fetterer: "More than a little. She lost it, pure and simple"
>Yuyuko looks at you somewhat sadly.

>Shiki: "It also seems to have affected Meiling and Sakuya to some degree; Meiling seems to have become narcoleptic, and Sakuya seems to be stabbing her a lot. Sakuya hasn't reported any nightmares, though, so they may have another way to affect her, or she simply does not recall them."
>The voice sighs. "Six..."
>"I see. I will have to investigate this later. Anyways, what do the voices in your head sound like?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #642 on: November 20, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »
>What does it sound like? Other than irritable at our ignoring it and probably misrepresenting it based off what we know?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #643 on: November 20, 2010, 10:18:05 PM »
>What does it sound like? Other than irritable at our ignoring it and probably misrepresenting it based off what we know?
>The voice is male and most definitely not Japanese. Nothing strange about the voice (like having a Voice of the Legion), though.
>The voice says "I would like to clarify that I refer to myself as an I, not we."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #644 on: November 21, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »
>Yamada Gai Daigoji: "Masculine, and it doesn't seem to have a native accent at all. It's insisting it's just one person now."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #645 on: November 21, 2010, 01:22:54 AM »
>Yamada Gai Daigoji: "Masculine, and it doesn't seem to have a native accent at all. It's insisting it's just one person now."
>"Masculine. That means it's not from around here. ...Kidding, kidding. Do you recognize the voice, even just a little?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #646 on: November 21, 2010, 01:38:37 AM »
>Presumably not?
>Yamamamama: Assuming we do not recognize it, just shake head.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #647 on: November 21, 2010, 01:59:47 AM »
>Presumably not?
>Nope, not at all.

>Yamamamama: Assuming we do not recognize it, just shake head.
>"Ah. ...This mystery will be difficult to solve. I haven't reached a conclusion, nor have I deduced anything. And I'm the one who's infamously smart."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #648 on: November 21, 2010, 05:06:06 AM »
>Death Mountains: "I suppose, if we rule out anyone in Gensokyo, it means we must look to those who come from outside Gensokyo and can get in..."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #649 on: November 21, 2010, 05:57:08 AM »
>Asp Assassin: "Damnit, Yukari."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #650 on: November 21, 2010, 06:54:01 AM »
>Death Mountains: "I suppose, if we rule out anyone in Gensokyo, it means we must look to those who come from outside Gensokyo and can get in..."
>"The only things I can think of are the Lunarians and the occasional human who passes the border...but you shouldn't rule out those in Gensokyo just yet. What do you know about that strange glass platform you saw?"

>Asp Assassin: "Damnit, Yukari."
>The voice says "Damnit, people who popularized 'Damnit, Yukari.'"
>"Don't blame Yukari for things too much."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #651 on: November 21, 2010, 07:03:33 AM »
>Mountains of Yuyuko: "Well, I've told you the most of it."
>Try to describe its shape and opacity and such from what we saw.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #652 on: November 21, 2010, 07:17:39 AM »
>Mountains of Yuyuko: "Well, I've told you the most of it."
>Try to describe its shape and opacity and such from what we saw.
>You recall the characteristics of the glass platform. Its top and bottom were rectangular, and the 4 other sides were equal in shape and size and shaped like a trapezoid. The larger rectangle was the top. And despite it being made of glass, it was actually quite opaque...
>Eirin nods and you say this and replies "Well, it's nothing that I remember. How high up was the platform?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #653 on: November 21, 2010, 07:26:17 AM »
>Yuyuko Ridge: "Oh, quite high up. I'm afraid none of these dears could breathe."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #654 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »
>Yuyuko Ridge: "Oh, quite high up. I'm afraid none of these dears could breathe."
>"Being a ghost, and thus having no need to breathe, I suppose you couldn't reach the platform because of some reason. Well, it obviously was invisible, but you're apparently also able to trace the influence. Why is it you didn't go any higher?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #655 on: November 21, 2010, 08:30:02 PM »
>Grand Yuyutons: "It vanished into the darkness, and the trance just scattered all over the place. I looked around for it a little, but no luck."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #656 on: November 21, 2010, 10:20:19 PM »
>Grand Yuyutons: "It vanished into the darkness, and the trace just scattered all over the place. I looked around for it a little, but no luck."
>"Perhaps...something interfered with your ability to detect the influence? Maybe that was obvious, but what could cause nightmares and confuse senses?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #657 on: November 22, 2010, 08:36:54 AM »
>Grassy: Ponder.
>*Yuyulayas: "Well...there is Reisen. But that's all that comes to mind for me."
>Reimystia: "...Koishi."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #658 on: November 23, 2010, 01:56:45 AM »
>Grassy: Ponder.
>Nothing comes to mind. Maybe Eirin was implying that there wasn't very many people who could do both, if at all. Aside from Yukari.

>*Yuyulayas: "Well...there is Reisen. But that's all that comes to mind for me."
>Reisen frowns and comments "I can't give nightmares or confuse the senses. Unless you count insanity and calming as confusing the senses."

>Reimystia: "...Koishi."
>"Who would Koishi be?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #659 on: November 23, 2010, 02:11:08 AM »
>Lizard Legilacerator: "Koishi's a satori, she's got this whole manipulation of subconscious thing going on. Problem is, she's hard as hell to find. Real easy to forget she exists at all."
>Soul Legilacerator: Have we dealt with satoris before? Perhaps judging one and drawing the ire of her survivors?