Author Topic: [TF2] MotK Meetups (Next Meet: SOMEBODY SCREEEEAAAAAM! Oct 31s - Nov 1st)  (Read 339621 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Well I still have no responses if people want to join a random empty server this weekend (around 8pm EST), but if we get people you're more than welcome to join!

I would like that! You can count me in!

Thanks for the info! My name in TF2 is shing1234543210 (Which is something I signed up with my email account, and doesn't really know how to change it. >_>), hope that we can have some meetups soon!

You can change names by right-clicking on the bottom-right corner of steam, then choosing "Change profile name".

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Too busy in Minecraft and TF2 server management to join V:
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
What days are you planning on Gpop? I'll probably be up for it if something else doesn't come up that stops me regardless, but it'd be good to have a specific date/days.
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
Thanks for the info! My name in TF2 is shing1234543210 (Which is something I signed up with my email account, and doesn't really know how to change it. >_>), hope that we can have some meetups soon!

Is that your Steam name? If so, you can change your name by going into your friends list, clicking the down arrow right next to your name, and click Change Profile Name.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
What days are you planning on Gpop? I'll probably be up for it if something else doesn't come up that stops me regardless, but it'd be good to have a specific date/days.
Whichever works for you guys, most likely tomorrow though (Friday) because it's the best time for me. Saturday too if you guys are up for it

Kyo Tanaka

Well I still have no responses if people want to join a random empty server this weekend (around 8pm EST), but if we get people you're more than welcome to join!

If I can get on the good computer, then count me in! Just need to know what time it'll be

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Mrf.  I could make tonight, but not tomorrow and not until late on Saturday. :(

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

I can play this weekend. My body is ready.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Okay bad news I can't make Saturday because I have to be with sis for her softball tourny all day :(

Friday still on unless something happens.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Is that your Steam name? If so, you can change your name by going into your friends list, clicking the down arrow right next to your name, and click Change Profile Name.

Not really, I recently changed the name to match this one on MoTK, and now my name is Darkninjaabc.

(This is actually kinda funny.  :V )
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
Saturday I'm pretty sure I won't be able to at all. Friday I can probably make though.
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (MAKE-UP MEET: June 22 @ 8PM EST [pubstomp])
« Reply #313 on: June 22, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
Guys, gonna have to postpone it to 9pm as I won't be home until 8:30 earliest. Unless you guys can hijack one yourselves and I join in later. :V

« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2012, 05:42:01 AM »
I totally forgot about this.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (IMPROMPTU MEET: Today 8PM GMT-5)
« Reply #315 on: June 29, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
Good news: server is out of maintenance phase!

In addition, as Gpop noted in the TF2 thread, we'll be hosting some Doomsday and Reimu-testing celebrations tonight at 8pm GMT-5, and possibly tomorrow at 5pm and 8pm too. Join if you can! :D
Bad command or file name

Kyo Tanaka

Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (IMPROMPTU MEET: Today 8PM GMT-5)
« Reply #316 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »
Good news: server is out of maintenance phase!

In addition, as Gpop noted in the TF2 thread, we'll be hosting some Doomsday and Reimu-testing celebrations tonight at 8pm GMT-5, and possibly tomorrow at 5pm and 8pm too. Join if you can! :D

I'll be joining, but I'll probably leave if it turns Doomsday. I can't play on that map because of massive lag when I'm looking at the direction of the rocket.

« Reply #317 on: July 06, 2012, 01:29:39 PM »
I'm ready on Fridays and usually Saturdays.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT: 2-4 Aug, 20:00 / 8:00PM GMT-5)
« Reply #318 on: July 30, 2012, 02:39:09 PM »
Gpop and I had planned an Otakon edition meet this weekend as we were both there. But things didn't work out on my end, and even if they did con madness was really good fun. So we opted to make up for that by placing a meet this weekend!

Times are in subject; it'll probably be vanilla-limited for at least 60% of the time, due to FF2's development basically relying on unofficial forks while the official developer is AWOL.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:40:52 PM by ロリ陽蜂 Vocal Absurdity »
Bad command or file name

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: Aug 2-4 @ 20:00/8PM EST [GMT-5])
« Reply #319 on: July 31, 2012, 12:16:59 PM »
Seeing as I've been away for a long time (and this depending if I actually show up) is it just 'run TF2 and don't worry about stuff' or is there stuff (plug-ins and what not) that I should get beforehand?

If so, what is there, and how will I get them? (AKA, if it's a long list, send me it now~ >< )

Thank you~ <3

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #320 on: July 31, 2012, 12:45:48 PM »
I should be able to join this time too. It'll be nice to not be laggy this time around, heh.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #321 on: July 31, 2012, 01:29:44 PM »
Seeing as I've been away for a long time (and this depending if I actually show up) is it just 'run TF2 and don't worry about stuff' or is there stuff (plug-ins and what not) that I should get beforehand?

If so, what is there, and how will I get them? (AKA, if it's a long list, send me it now~ >< )

Thank you~ <3

You don't really need plugins for the TF2 client for general pub play. Things can change if you get into competitive play (leagues forcing you to install a shit client that restricts which servers you can join and which weapons you can equip (ESEA), forcing you to install PREC to record all matches and scrims and whatnot (UGC? ETF2L?))

HOWEVER, IF YOU MEANT VISUAL MODS: (everything listed here is optional)
TF2 Texture Improvement Project (If you have enough RAM, makes every character texture and some weapon textures look a lot better)

There are many HUDs (I'll compile a full list someday) so here's a few popular ones:
  • PV HUD (Possibly the most widely used custom HUD)
  • BroeselHUD (One of my favorites. Clean, easy to customize)
  • Garm3n HUD (There's about 20k versions of this one by now and a new one every update it seems)
  • KBNHUD (My personal favorite)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #322 on: July 31, 2012, 01:49:26 PM »

Thank you~ <3
All our mods and custom content are server-side, and if you do not have it beforehand it will download automatically.

You can install client-side mods such as HUDs, alternate player models, etc. as well, which affect only your install.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #323 on: July 31, 2012, 10:31:36 PM »
Oh shit another meet?

OMG COUNT ME FUCKING IN

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #324 on: July 31, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »
You already know my answer.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

« Reply #325 on: August 02, 2012, 01:43:05 AM »
I'll probably be able to make everything this time around.

Also finally remembered to check this thread, probably missed a few meets since last I played  :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #326 on: August 02, 2012, 05:07:32 AM »
Will be out of town for Saturday and maybe Friday too (another trip to the Hampton Roads region, yay traffic hell x46), but I'll see if my hotel has a workable enough connection for this AND if I can get wifi patched in Win7 by then.
Bad command or file name

DrCactus

• Hey Hombre
    • Formspring
« Reply #327 on: August 03, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »
Question how exactly do these work? I'd like to see if I can get involved.
I can do Friday definatly. Not sure about Saturday though.

Here is my steam if it's needed.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zaezae64/

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2012, 01:57:10 AM »
:V This was and is a fun meet.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #329 on: August 03, 2012, 02:57:10 AM »
Question how exactly do these work? I'd like to see if I can get involved.
As long as we know your Steam account name, you should be ready; if the server has a password then just ask me for it.

Fun meet, lots of people came along as well. Just really laggy, though, which mostly attributed to an extra server process running and hogging CPU. Terminating those and giving another duplicate a low priority seemed to help the issue.
Bad command or file name